Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept (4458 Views)

Gej's Alamajiri Model Schools - Pictures / JAMB To Commence Sales Of 2015 UTME Forms By Sept 15 / President Jonathan Commissions 64 Almajiri Model Schools Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Maxymilliano(m): 11:41am On Jul 31, 2013

Full academic activities will commence in all the 124 Almajiri model schools constructed by the Federal Government to address the out of school challenge in the country by September this year, the Minister of State for Education, Barr. Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, has announced.

The Minister spoke at the July edition of the monthly meeting with contractors handling basic education projects for the Federal Government.

Eighty-Nine (89)Almajiri Model Schools are being constructed by Universal Basic Education Commission, UBEC, while 35 have been constructed by Tertiary Education Trust Fund, TETFUND for the Federal Government.

Barr. Wike stated that 100 AlmajiriModel Schools completed by contractors will be handed over to the states after the Ramadan fast in a symbolic commissioning ceremony to be performed by President Goodluck Jonathan who will be represented by Vice President Namadi Sambo.

The Minister commended the contractors for living up to the expectations of the government and the people, by improving on the tempo of their work, which willculminate in academic activities in the schools.

For the 24 Almajiri projects that are yet to be completed, the Minister gave the contractors a three-week deadline to put finishing touches to their projects or risk UBEC engineers taking over the sites for direct labour execution of the projects to ensure that academic activities start in the schools by September this year.

Wike said: “The Almajiri schools will be handed over to states after the Ramadan fast and academic activities will start fully in September in all the schools. Our target is to increase the enrollment of out of school children across the country by the end of year”.

Also, all students of the 72 Federal Government Colleges where the Federal Government is constructing e-libraries will begin to use the libraries as from September when they resume for the next academic session. The Minister announced at the meeting that 21 libraries have been completed, while most of the remaining on-going libraries are over 90percent completion level.

He added that the girl-child model schools being constructed in 16 states of the Federation have also reached advanced levels of completion, pointing out that 10 of the schools will be handed over to benefitting states by September this year.

He noted that the high rate of success recorded in the implementation of the basic education projects was as a result of direct monitoring and supervision deployed by the Federal Ministry of Education to ensure that contractors are kept on their toes.

In a remark, Acting Executive Secretary of Universal Basic Education Commission, UBEC, Prof. Charles Onocha, assured the minister that officials of UBEC will work round the clock to ensure that the remaining projects are delivered before August ending.

http://leadership.ng/news/310713/124-almajiri-model-schools-begin-activities-sept

3 Likes

Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
F2c
First to Comment

1 Like

Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
Who is Almajiri please?
is He a volley ball player?
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by eugeniks(m): 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
changing d name from Al-majiri to something beta, will definitely go a long way in changing the characters involve.
all d same God help 9ja................
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by momodub: 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by timpaker(m): 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
Good development! I wish the prospective students would attend without bn forced or paid like before

BTW: Nice socks cool cool
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by crusufixo(m): 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
They have being saying this for like 2 to 3 years now !!!! undecided undecided
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Riskymallam: 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2013
I sure hope they sustain this, because this kids really need to be led and trained gradually and consistently. Anything short of this is rubbish!
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by 1bunne4lif(m): 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
Good for them
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Forzap: 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
bbpreye.:
Who ia Almajiri please?
is He a volley ball player?

SMH dis nigga again,everytime who is dis, who is dat,bia shey dem swear 4 u ni?

1 Like

Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Humanbeans(m): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
Boko Haram goes to school !!!. Seriously speaking, the only problem that I foresee is that an average Northan elite doesn't want every Tom, dick and Harry to be educated. He likes to be worshipped and in return give out daily meals to his subjects. But God help them sha.

5 Likes

Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by frankscof(m): 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2013
Maxymilliano:
http://leadership.ng/news/310713/124-almajiri-model-schools-begin-activities-sept
One of the female corp member set on fire in port harcot,winifred okey is finally dead,may her soul rest in peace.An ex student of micheal okpara university of agriculture umudike.
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by lifestyle1(m): 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
Is this open to Christians as well ? undecided
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
When will they start recruiting? So that we can post it on the job section?

Me I need a job badly
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by crystalballs: 1:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
Another breeding excersize abi?
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Giddyprance(m): 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
Lets hope these measures change the negative mentality of the Northerners and stop them from bringing up nasty ideas like child marriage
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by EllyBrainyTM: 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
Almajiri School=Another Form Of Boko haram Camp
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by slap1(m): 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
I hope they are not secretly radicalized. I don't totally support this move. Who will be the administrators and teachers? Muslims, right? Is there a way of ensuring that the administrators are not Boko-Haramically oriented?
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
All these is being done to please a particular religious group! But they stil wudnt see anytin gud in GEJ.
I hv no prblm with d kids but hope they wud be taught the right thing and not killing innocent pple by diguising as fruitsellers undecided(oh! I 4got d bombing was carried out by the US and Isreali!) Good riddance to rubbish!

GEJ pls we have important issues to address in NUC /NCCE/NUP and ASSU! Save the educational system of Nigeria b4 its too late(I pray its not already undecided) and if u want to start from the root(primary education)pls start from the legalised and general pry schls that brings evry citizen of this nation 2geda not a particular religious group!

Enuf of d religious sentiments that divide us,if they want to own Almajiri schls they shoud do it on their own without d FG(thou we al knw GEJ is doin al this to please boko haram!)Afta al we have our seminaries and pastoring schls without the FG's involvment.

*continues to watch AIT whr Oshomole is addressing d issue of pry education in Edo state with teachers and parents!nice 1 comrade u r truly an example of a good leader that carries his subjects along sad*

My 2cents!whoever doesn't seem 2 like it shud oppose or shut up! and dnt drag me into unnecessary argument
angry

2 Likes

Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Opey4luv(m): 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2013
I pray these lads go to school instead of allowing themselves to be brainwashed by these tyrants we call politicians and been seduced into crime.
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by arthgideon: 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
I wonder what they would be learning
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by anytexy: 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
Good one, only if the elites that is brain washing them over there wll allow it to be a success.
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by taharqa2: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
Exactly what they do!! In other regions u see classes of pple: elites/rich/middleclass/poor but in the north its either u are rich or u are poor!! undecided
And its being caused by their elites(thiefing lazy politicians). Almajiri ko schl ni undecided

Humanbeans: Boko Haram goes to school !!!. Seriously speaking, the only problem that I foresee is that an average Northan elite doesn't want every Tom, dick and Harry to be educated. He likes to be worshipped and in return give out daily meals to his subjects. But God help them sha.
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by willibounce: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
Very good development. Education is very important. These kids will learn theirr basic fundamental human rights and learn to speak up when they are being cheated by theiR leaders. I knw some of theiR wicked yankadede leaders won't be happy because these kids are gonna learn how to speak against their money chopping skills.
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
Even with neat Uniform, they still look Dangerous..... grin grin grin
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Adamskuty(m): 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2013
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Burger01(m): 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
kayci_d77: Even with neat Uniform, they still look Dangerous..... grin grin grin
grin
The tendency of breeding terrorists in the so called Almajiri model school could never be overruled.

grin
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Burger01(m): 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2013
taharqa2: .

Adamskuty: **

Wetin you wan say
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by bannykel: 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
I hope say no be how to kill pple like goat and how to dey destroy a whole country dem wan teach dem der o, cos I dey fear o
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
Another institution for brainwashing, deluding and producing suicide bomber
Re: 124 Almajiri Model Schools Begin Activities By Sept by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
At least I get to see something positive on the front page for the first time since the past two weeks.

I hope this turns out good o. Schools in the North need to be properly restructured.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) / Anyone Interested In Studying In Poland? / Why Are Teachers In Primary School Called Uncle & Aunty???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.