Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate (5485 Views)

Atiku's Photo With His Beautiful Daughters To Celebrate Day Of The Girl Child. / No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari / Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by bluehorizo(m): 9:42am On May 30, 2008
Democracy in Nigeria have been murdered a very long time ago. If we are to celebrate democracy the only acceptable and recognized day is JUNE 12.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Rogo: 9:53am On May 30, 2008
All the frustrated, criminal and vision lack politicians celebrating what they have not achieved. forgetting that Nigeria is living in darkness.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by pappilo(m): 9:54am On May 30, 2008
Nigeria is the best. In 7 years you wont be able to recognize naija, believe that!!!
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by 5talents: 10:02am On May 30, 2008
NO REASON TO CELEBRATE YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN. WHAT HAPPENS VIA THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT THE ONLY REASON FOR CELEBRATION. ASK THE KENYANS, THE ZIMBABWEANS, EVEN THE CHINESE (WHERE THEY SUFFERD EARTHQUAKE, ) AND YOU WILL REALIZE THAT IN SPITE OF WHATEVER, THERE ARE STILL REASONS TO CELEBRATE. I THINK THE ISSUE SHOULD BE WHAT OR WHO ARE WE TO CELEBRATE AND IN WHAT MANNER.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by alex406(m): 10:07am On May 30, 2008
Nigeria1. (Mr Green White Green,Mr do good)

What the hell are you emphasising on? people are here discussing on way forward here and you are here delivering a cock and bull story.Tell me if Obasanjo was so great to restore Electricity when he was on sit or maybe you are one of those who study in his Library in Ogun State,thats why you dont want others to ignore his looted act. ASSBAG!!! shocked
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by oYaTo(m): 10:27am On May 30, 2008
Nigeria1.:

Sitting side by side with Oyinlola, however, was Obasanjo and for whatever reason, the Lagos State governor ignored the ex-president. Trust OBJ, he was unfazed by Fashola‘s action. He proved his ‘I dey kampe-ism‘ by looking straight ahead as if nobody was there.

My guy there's no way u can tell that just by looking at that picture, for all u know fashola could have wanted to finish with oyinlola b4 moving to OBJ, who was calmly waitin' for him, or better still fashola could have been moving from right to left, meaning that he'd greated OBJ b4 moving on to oyinlola, to post the above statement without conclusive proof shows ur bias.

Nigeria1.:

Let be honest with ourself. Obasanjo is de facto leader of the Yoruba race. what do I mean, we all believe that Awolowo the leader when his party won the south west in the 60's and in the 80's. What ever respect Awolowo got from doing so by winning the south west. Obasanjo should get the same. The PDP is in full control of the south west expect for lagos. So Obasanjo is the de facto leader of the south west and if fashola disrespect Obasanjo, it mean he disrespect the whole of the south west. You disrespect the whole of Yoruba people.

What a blasphemy!!! My lips are sealed. I know I'm not disrespected in any way sha, and I b confirmed Yoruba pikin grin
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by shawn123: 10:28am On May 30, 2008
Nigeria1.:

from a newspaper

The immediate ex-President of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, appears to be the favourite whipping horse of everybody these days. His ministers and other political officers who worked with him while in office have dissociated themselves from him so that in case of a probable probe panel, they would be reminded as having criticised Obasanjo at one time or the other. A way of insuring their fate ahead, you would say.

The picture above was taken recently at the burial party of the Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel‘s mother. The Lagos State Governor, Mr. Raji Fashola (SAN) came in, greeted vigorously his Osun State counterpart, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, who replied just as passionately. Sitting side by side with Oyinlola, however, was Obasanjo and for whatever reason, the Lagos State governor ignored the ex-president. Trust OBJ, he was unfazed by Fashola‘s action. He proved his ‘I dey kampe-ism‘ by looking straight ahead as if nobody was there. Is this not a case of do me I do you? Man no go vex!

My friend, this your letter to Fashola is absurd. The truth of the matter is, it is this same bloody culture you speak of that has kept us in the dark for soo long. The same cultural beliefs that makes people fight over land and oil, the same bloody cultural beliefs that had our ancestors killing twins back in the days and the same bloody culture lets our people go to shrine for blood oath. Yet you speak about our culture telling us to respect Obasanjo because of his age. Respect is not easy to come by these days, to get one you have to earn one. If a 78 years old man goes somewhere and steals, he would be called a thief and treated like one inrespective of his age. Dont get me wrong i respect people like i should normally, but honestly in Nigeria today, all these old men with grey hair calling themselves politicians will get no respect from anyone okay. Its high time you respect people based on how they are and what they have achieved, not by one semi-illiterate old man telling fellow Nigerians that he is older that you so he has a right to do wrong.

My letter to fashola 

This is to governor fashola:

The Igbos would say ""those who palm kennel have been crack by the spirit should not forget to be humble"

Fashola should remember that those who rise most fall. Nobody remain governor for ever. The people you step on today, may step on you when you fall.

Let be honest with ourself. Obasanjo is de  facto leader of the Yoruba race. what do I mean, we all believe that Awolowo the leader when his party won the south west in the 60's and in the 80's. What ever respect Awolowo got from doing so by winning the south west. Obasanjo should get the same. The PDP is in full control of the south west expect for lagos. So Obasanjo is the de facto leader of the south west and if fashola disrespect Obasanjo, it mean he disrespect the whole of the south west. You disrespect the whole of Yoruba people.

Let put politics apart and use our tradiction. Fashola and Iyabo Obasanjo are nearly age mate. Chief  Obasanjo could have been the father of fashola. Our tradition is against it.

Let go into fashola religion. Islamm is against it.

let now look at if its is of benefit to the people of lagos. No If fashola humble himself he could tap from chief obasanjo experience and connection and help the people of lagos. The PDP is in power in Nigeria. Any state against them  would be block from the federal. It is only a stupid man that fight a king.  The yoruba people were in opposition for so long. what did we gain from it. Nothing,  Anyone with wisdom know that nobody remember the loser. Our people do not want opposition that would not benefit them. They want progress.

Governor fashola if you see me on the road and you do not say hi,  I would not mind. the truth is bitter.

http://.com   watch naija television
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by chidichris(m): 10:41am On May 30, 2008
at least AIT can celebrate 12 months of not been beaten up by the SSS
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by shawn123: 10:42am On May 30, 2008
@Nigeria1
who cares if he doesnt acknowledge Obasanjo, you are talking about some bloody culture. Is it not the so called culture that has put us in the dark, the same bloody culture that has got the people killing themselves over land and negligable stuffs, the same bloody culture that prevents intermarriage in most cases like we are not all Nigerians, the same culture that keeps our politicians going to shrine for blood oath, If you call this mayheim culture, then i rufuse to go by it. Talking about respecting Obasanjo, like he deserves it!  My friend you have a brain just do what is right and stop going by some cultural books that wont take you anywhere!
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by mekoyo(m): 10:57am On May 30, 2008
Can we just forget about Obasanjo and look forward to the future ahead. Its one year since Yar adua came into power, the question we should ask ourselves is, what has he done so far? how far has he gone in his agenda? Is Nigeria moving forward at all if not, what is the way forward?
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Nobody: 11:02am On May 30, 2008
Nigerian democracy => So much motion, but no movement.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by dee02(m): 11:32am On May 30, 2008
Nigeria1.:

from a newspaper

The immediate ex-President of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, appears to be the favourite whipping horse of everybody these days. His ministers and other political officers who worked with him while in office have dissociated themselves from him so that in case of a probable probe panel, they would be reminded as having criticised Obasanjo at one time or the other. A way of insuring their fate ahead, you would say.

The picture above was taken recently at the burial party of the Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel‘s mother. The Lagos State Governor, Mr. Raji Fashola (SAN) came in, greeted vigorously his Osun State counterpart, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, who replied just as passionately. Sitting side by side with Oyinlola, however, was Obasanjo and for whatever reason, the Lagos State governor ignored the ex-president. Trust OBJ, he was unfazed by Fashola‘s action. He proved his ‘I dey kampe-ism‘ by looking straight ahead as if nobody was there. Is this not a case of do me I do you? Man no go vex!

http://.com watch naija television

FASHOLA SHOULD HAVE SPAT OR SPEW HOT PHLEGM ON HIS UGLY-ASS FACE!
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by maxell(f): 12:06pm On May 30, 2008
Fashola had to greet the ex-president before going to his seat. I don't believe he'll just ignore him.
Have you seen the video to know for a fact that Fashola didn't greet him ?
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by dee02(m): 12:09pm On May 30, 2008
Nigeria1.:

Let me now reply all of you. The yorubas would say, Only a bastard uses his left hand to point to his father house.
If you do not believe in our culture then the next time you see your mother do not greet her.

The Yorubs would say again. A child from a good home does not walk in the night. What it means is what ever is godly or right. A child from a good home would do. Look no matter what Obasanjo is doing or as done. Fashola role as governor is hold up the culture of the Yorubas. Look even fashola parent would be ashame of the way he treated Obasanjo. It is only Area Boys that do that in Yorubaland.

My Advice is for Fashola to quickly head towards Ota with a goat.

Nothing dey, Fashola carry go!

You said he should head to OTTA with a bloody goat, how daft and archaic of you!

Instead of heading towards OTTA with a goat to go and appease another GOAT,

I would recommend he direct ALQAEDA to bomb OBJ and the animals he lives with in OTTA

or better still he should be banned from entering LAGOS forever!
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by 9jerguy(m): 12:13pm On May 30, 2008
Democracy day was nothing but a shame to the nigerian leaders

Absolutely nothing to celebrate
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by oYaTo(m): 12:18pm On May 30, 2008
Nigeria1.:

Let me now reply all of you. The yorubas would say, Only a bastard uses his left hand to point to his father house.
If you do not believe in our culture then the next time you see your mother do not greet her.

The Yorubs would say again. A child from a good home does not walk in the night. What it means is what ever is godly or right. A child from a good home would do. Look no matter what Obasanjo is doing or as done. Fashola role as governor is hold up the culture of the Yorubas. Look even fashola parent would be ashame of the way he treated Obasanjo. It is only Area Boys that do that in Yorubaland.

Guy your foolishness astounds me! Shey u dey there when Fashola dey allegedly ignore OBJ? U carry camera film d whole thing? Abeg go find beta thin' to do. . .OBJ pikin.

Tell me. . .does OBJ even deserve any respect? No be d guy dey involved in drama concernin' his own daughter-in-law? Even the Yoruba Elders u dey quote go disagree with you say d man deserve respect. Even if his son dey lie on top am, the fact that he can't even keep his own household together says a whole lot about him. . .Abeg dis guy make we hear word o

maxell:

Fashola had to greet the ex-president before going to his seat. I don't believe he'll just ignore him.
Have you seen the video to know for a fact that Fashola didn't greet him ?

Abi o
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by elojudy: 1:37pm On May 30, 2008
Really there is nothing to celebrate about democracy.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by ssRhino: 1:45pm On May 30, 2008
I kinda wonder too what the Democracy Day was all about, i would have agreed to such a day, if they could change the name to "Demon-Cracy Day" cos i still dont see what is democratical in nigeria, i must admit that some governors seems to be doing a good job, cos i read some of the things that is been done in lagos and i commend the governor there.
I will like to know what nigeria celebrates when NEPA still stands for "not expect power always", when the roads are still roads to death, when there are still moving boz on the roads to death, when average mane are still not getting paid, all cos some leaders fixing the salary for 3 months and collecting some interest on the money that dont belong to them, and when paying the salary, they wont share the interest with the owner of the money, please help me to understand what nigeria is celebrating, when the nation is still not a place where any citizen of nigeria can just stand and wanna contest for election, except his last name is one of the players?
I beg, Democracy Day ko, Demonstration of crazy day ni.
God will help nigeria sha.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 30, 2008
lipsrsealed
nigeria jaga jaga
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 30, 2008
alex 406
relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
naija go better
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by SkyBlue1: 2:05pm On May 30, 2008
@Nigeria 1, you wrote this: "Fashola role as governor is hold up the culture of the Yorubas". I don't even know where to begin. So that is the role of the governor of Lagos State? Is lagos no longer part of Nigeria? So only yorubas live in lagos? This whole tribal issue, i just don't know. My main surprise at the whole Fashola did not allegedly greet OBJ was, i just did not realise it was now illegal to not greet who you don't want to greet. Is it now against the law? If you don't really want to is it by force? You could argue he could at least be civil, etc but is it your problem? With all the things happening in Nigeria i really do not think whether Fashola greets or does not greet OBJ is even an issue in the first place or is it? So we should now focus on who does or does not want to play with OBJ anymore? LOL. I am impressed with the urgency Fashola is treating his state with and if he can put order in the chaos that is lagos of all cities in Nigeria during his term, then no on else has any excuse, NO ONE. Not even Yaradua, or any other governor or government of any state.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by favcom(m): 2:13pm On May 30, 2008
As far as I'm concerned, the real democracy day is June 12!
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by U1(m): 2:28pm On May 30, 2008
Which one be my own? I be politician? Democrazy in Naija is meant for those looters and embezzlers. sad
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by shawn123: 3:01pm On May 30, 2008
@Nigeria1
Dont you get it, your parable doesnt really matter. True like you said according to the yoruba's "only a bastard uses left hand to point to his father's house" . I want to ask you a question, with all this parable and culture, we still sleep in the dark, no water, light, road, health. Yet you are telling me about what the yoruba's say. Okay now, our ancestors never went to the banks to save money, they used to dig floors in their rooms and put money in the pot and save it , why dont you do that instead of banking and using atm.
Nobody says disrespect elders, but when the elder has proved to be a door mat, you step on the door mat. Why in God's name would i respect all these old dump leaders that never gave a damn about the country and its people but only their pockets. culture ko, culture ni!
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by otokx(m): 3:02pm On May 30, 2008
Nigerians in Nigeria love public holidays call it whatever day; at least my girl friends in the bank will have some breathing space.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by denony(m): 3:07pm On May 30, 2008
FOR ME OOOO! I DEY VEXXXXXXXXXXXX angry

AS I WAN IRON MY CLOTH WEY I GO USE CELEBRATE THE DEMO CRAZY
NA HIM NEPA ABI NA POWER HOLDING COME TAKE (ABI HOLD) THE LIGHT AROUN 7:00AM, LIGHT WEY THEM BRING AROUND 6:55AM.

I COME DEY WAIT MAKE THEM BRING THE LIGHT WEY MAKE I IRON THE CLOTH WEY I GO USE CELEBRATE THE DEMO CRAZY TILL NOW WEY I DEY YAN YOU I NEVER SEE THE LIGHT, HOW U GO COME DEY TELL ME SAY I DEY CELEBRATE
DEMO CRAZY. OK LATER I COME SAY MAKE I GO BANK COLLECT SMALL MONEY GO BUY ONE THING CELEBRATE AM FOR HOUSE, NA HIM BANK DEY TELL ME SAY NETWORK DEY DOWN. MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS MAKE WE NO DEY FOOL OURSELVES.

I NO BLAME OUR GREAT SOYINKA, HIM DEY TALK HIM MIND OOOOO! AND HIM DEY TALK FOR THE GOODNESS OF THE POOR MASSESS, AS FOR HIM HIM DEY CAMPE (HIM FULL GROUND) , BUT I NO GO BLAME MR. PRESIDENT, HE IS LIKE A TELEVISION BEEN CONTROLLED BY  REMOTE, HIM NO WANT Bleep HIM GODFATHERS UP.

ABEG FOR THE PEOPLE WEY CELEBRATE THE DEMO CRAZY, I HAIL UNA! HAPPY DEMO CRAZY  lipsrsealed

ME I GO YAN, ME I GO SPEAK MA MIND, ME I GO YAN, THEM THINK SAY WE BLIND, MAKE WE YAN, WHY ARE MY PEOPLE IN THIS MESS  WE CAN'T TAKE THIS NO MORE.  cry

(ABEG ELDEE U TOO MUCH) MAKE WE SPEAK OUR MIND MAKE THEM HEAR JARE.

(SPEAAKKKKKKKKK OOOOOUT) ABI NA VOICE OUT.

SIGN OUT.  lipsrsealed
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by mellow(m): 3:54pm On May 30, 2008
Nigeria1.:

Does it not occur to you that this is exactly what OBJ did? Pointing to his father Land, Nigeria with his left hand for God knows how many times?
What has OBJ done to uphold the so called culture? By making them suffer in abject penury?

Our people also say if a child washes his hand clean, he will dine with the elders but what of an elder who did not wash his hand clean? Will he be allowed to dine with the children? OBJ has deeped his hands and legs in a bowls or is it tanks of excrement time and time again and he should not, could not and would not demand an iota of respect from any body not even from that mad man close to his house.

I think I would like to advice Fashola to head with you as the sacrificial Goat to appease OBJ. It would make more meaningful sense

And I also believe that if you slice the brain of my Two months old Son into two hundred parts, one part will still be bigger than yours, from the way you reason.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by amaechijay: 4:16pm On May 30, 2008
Nigeria1

U don finish Fashola, thought lagos guys say the guy is humble

He should have greeted Baba OBJ first o

my hand no dey
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by ubest1(m): 4:55pm On May 30, 2008
domofire, what is good in nigeria domocracy, absolute nothing to celebrate.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Aussie(m): 5:27pm On May 30, 2008
We have a Mr. President that is sick and who has a terminal disease. Did you guys watch the media chat last nite? What did you notice? Whenever he speaks, check out the cough. Not ordinary cough. The cough is somesort related to his ailment.
May God help us !!
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by ssRhino: 5:31pm On May 30, 2008
@Aussie, if he is sick that is why he has a VP, let him take time off and allow the guy to run teh govt, if he is not capable of doig the job, he has been in power for a year and i am yet to see any positive changes, what a nation.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by dee02(m): 6:01pm On May 30, 2008
$$Rhino:

@Aussie, if he is sick that is why he has a VP, let him take time off and allow the guy to run the govt, if he is not capable of doig the job, he has been in power for a year and i am yet to see any positive changes, what a nation.

Are you talking about "BADLUCK JONATHAN"Sorry mate that dude aint no VP,
Hez just another muppet with a VP tag in the government!An effigy is far better than him
Do you think that oxymoronic cap wearing idiot have a clue on how to run a country like Naija
Another lapdog that should be booted out of office and into extinction
Both of them should be forced out, afterall they were forced in!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Bans Pregnant Women From Riding Okada / US Approves First Over-the-counter HIV Test / Breaking News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.