Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? (1083 Views)

Two Years Remembrance Of Yar'adua / Alhaji Dahiru Mangal: The Profile Of Yar'adua’s Buddy And Nigeria's Richest Cros / Picture Of Yar'Adua And Goodluck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? by dee02(m): 10:43am On May 29, 2008
It is exactly one year since Yar'Adua was imposed on Nigerians as the president of Nigeria in an election which was highly flawed and yet to be resolved in the courts legitimately. There has not been any seriousness to confront the challenges facing Nigeria and the nation has been plunged into further economical and political woes, infrastructures are in shambles and Nigerians continue to suffer severely. Should we continue to hope for better days under Yar'Adua and his foot soldiers? Should he be blamed or those who installed him in power?
Re: One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? by tboy1(m): 10:52am On May 29, 2008
Bad roads- this is even getting worse
No Security- still has not provided incentives and facilities to make police more effective.
No Electricity
No low cost house has been built
He's failed to create employment programmes
No Improvement of Street Lights on Various Roads and Motorways
No refurbished public schools e.g library, labs e.t.c
He's also failed to establish a viable health care system
Re: One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? by ifyalways(f): 11:57am On May 29, 2008
Continuation of the same old rat race embarassed
Re: One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? by abdurrazaq(m): 12:10pm On May 29, 2008
The only achievement of Yar'Adua administration is the continuous shouting of THE RULE OF LAW in a country where there are 'facilities' in place that would encourage corruption. The Man and his whole crew are confused. All we have witnessed in the last one year are probes with no judgement, waste of public funds, total power failure, increased rate of road accident. I will reserve my comments till he finish his term but, for now HE IS A MISTAKE
Re: One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? by dee02(m): 12:21pm On May 29, 2008
abdurrazaq:

The only achievement of Yar'Adua administration is the continuous shouting of THE RULE OF LAW in a country where there are 'facilities' in place that would encourage corruption. The Man and his whole crew are confused. All we have witnessed in the last one year are probes with no judgement, waste of public funds, total power failure, increased rate of road accident. I will reserve my comments till he finish his term but, for now HE IS A MISTAKE

I don't get that stupid rule of law thing

He is a big mistake indeed

I just wonder if they all can see how frustrated and dissapointed Nigerians are
Re: One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? by vigasimple(m): 1:10pm On May 29, 2008
There is a saying that how sunday will look like, you usually get the the idea on saturday.

From Inception President Yar A'dull is an unwilling candidate. His only track record is that he is the first Nigeran graduate president and not as corrupt as others.

But, wait a minute, In a a blind man's country, a one eye man will be king. During campaign this guy has to be flown to Germany for medicals(at the time they said it was flu like problem). But we all know the truth that he has serious medical problem.

He promised emergency on power. Now it is excatly one year, no emergency, infact no indication of where the country is going. The people who are holding the economy well are the technocrat OBJ left like Soludo etc.

Rule of law, due process to take attention away. part of due process and rule of law is for our leaders to make a campaign and manifesto promise and carry it out but they haven't done so.

Coming back to saturday evidencing sunday. A man who cannot fix his own state health service even for his own benefit to treat him has no prayer in doing so for the ordinary people at the national level especially when he has the option of travelling to overseas with the country resources without being question.

To me, I think the people in position of power has no serious reason for them to have status quo to change. There maybe a need for some kind of revolution.

All those 7 point agenda and 2020 vision is all gimmick and infact if I may be permitted to say is FRAUD on nigerians.

And I prayed for the sake of millions of ordinary Nigerians to be proved wrong that they have the interest of Nigerians at heart.

On the other hand, it may just be a case of president yar A'dull is clueless on what to do about the country. he may just be reading out prepared speeches. TIME WILL TELL
Re: One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On May 29, 2008
I am thoroughly dissapointed in the Nigerian people and their continued acceptance of mediocrity. We are nine years into democracy and still no substantial evidence that we are no longer under military ( dictatorial) rule.
Re: One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? by dee02(m): 9:59pm On May 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I am thoroughly dissapointed in the Nigerian people and their continued acceptance of mediocrity. We are nine years into democracy and still no substantial evidence that we are no longer under military ( dictatorial) rule.

It is a sad sad situation my friend isnt it?!
Re: One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? by BigB11(m): 10:35pm On May 29, 2008
Nigeria is a very convoluted country to lead.
Effective strategy is always looking fruitful on the paper, and also sounding very brilliant during discussion; but the challenge begins when it's time to put the strategy into action (especially in an environment that is vigorously infested by bunch of disingenuous greedy pigs)

Yar'Adua gets 75% grade. It is true that the man could have done much better, but I could also clearly see and understand all the challenges the poor man is up against.

I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I see a brighter future for our nation, but we must learn to always embrace perfection and stay away from short cuts (Nigerian style); the same style that continues to separate us from the best.
We must pay attention and realize that it took many years to crumble this nation into dust and I'm sure that it would also take many years to elevate or restore things back to normal.
Furthermore, there is nothing easier (for cowards) than speaking bullets from many miles away from home; we need to calm down and get familiar with the extremely entangled issues at home before we start to preach absolute rubbish.

Let's give the man a break, at least he's not a thief.
Re: One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? by SkyBlue1: 10:39pm On May 29, 2008
@Big B1, out of genuine interest, so what exactly are the problems that the "poor man" is up against which i can't seem to see? He could have done better? So what exactly is it that he has done in the first place which could be bettered? 75% is pretty high for what seems to be doing nothing isn't it? So isn't that going against the whole "embracing perfection" you speak off? My whole problem is that if you are giving this guy 75% for this then what on earth would warrant 90%? When he builds a road? I mean, if we set low standards then who do we blame but ourselves when we get mediocrity? So is the fact that someone is not a thief now a credible benchmark for what passes for a good president in Nigeria? If it is then i must say i can't see this light at the end of the tunnel. I like to believe there is much more to being a president than not stealing isn't there? You could say he is better than the previous guys to make comparison but unfortunately that does not really say anything and is not even a compliment given the history of bad governance Nigeria has, it is like someone telling you that you fine pass monkey.
Re: One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? by Nobody: 1:28am On May 30, 2008
Rule of law is a foundation on which he can build.

Give the guy a chance.
Re: One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? by chidichris(m): 2:26am On May 30, 2008
mad men are not good to be conductors to avoid too much waving.

what on earth has he done?

give him time and we are only talking. we gave babangida 13 years, abacha arround 5 years, obj 8 solid years, yar adua will get his 8 year plus the intending extension of 12 years to make it 20 hope that will be enough or do we let him be till 2050.

just trace the sick man's accounts within the few months that he has been operating germany, there u will see wonders.
that was the best thing obj did, buying a presidential jet that will be carrying enough funds in cash.

na the same people. obj / yar adua during military and now obj / yar adua in civilian.
these two families are the best things that have happened to nigeria.

families packed with enough resources and abilities to lead nigeria into our promise land.

it is my prayer that nigerians will give them more time at least, by the time it gets to kola's turn, nigeria will be better than america.
Re: One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? by dee02(m): 11:04am On Jun 02, 2008
chidichris:

mad men are not good to be conductors to avoid too much waving.

what on earth has he done?

give him time and we are only talking. we gave babangida 13 years, abacha arround 5 years, obj 8 solid years, yar adua will get his 8 year plus the intending extension of 12 years to make it 20 hope that will be enough or do we let him be till 2050.

just trace the sick man's accounts within the few months that he has been operating germany, there u will see wonders.
that was the best thing obj did, buying a presidential jet that will be carrying enough funds in cash.

na the same people. obj / yar adua during military and now obj / yar adua in civilian.
these two families are the best things that have happened to nigeria.

families packed with enough resources and abilities to lead nigeria into our promise land.

it is my prayer that nigerians will give them more time at least, by the time it gets to kola's turn, nigeria will be better than america.

Time would tell truly but,

The post said one year after, anything to write home about?! smiley

(1) (Reply)

With An Agf Like Aondoakaa / The First Drug Barons Of Nigeria / Office Space, Warehouses, Shops For Letting Or Lease In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.