Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,508 members, 7,801,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite (4118 Views)

London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians / Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by homesteady(m): 5:52pm On Jul 31, 2013
The country mall in kano is still bubbling!! Maybe there are more muslims in ibadan than in kano
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by funshint(m): 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
Eneze1:

I don't know what is wrong with some set of people here with the rubbi*sh a lot of them spew and do u think u just make sense with what u type here, some people don't leave the hole they reside in and yet have the justification to condemn somewhere they have never been to, btw am not Yoruba
Even 'ur username says it all. Kudos 4 being non-partisan. Wish so many pple could emulate U̶̲̥̅̊!

1 Like

Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
Serious inferiority complex! The constant need to measure yourselves up to Yoruba is interesting. You cannot buy our culture, our history, our world view no matter how much money you have. How can you ever measure up?

1 Like

Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Ayekotoo(m): 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ikengawo:
but Enugu's Shoprite is prospering.....

show us the pictures of high patronage of customers.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by homesteady(m): 6:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
I went to country mall in kano yesterday!! And as usual, there were plenty people, except in the pop corn and shawarma joint! And I heard that place is soooo full in the evening time!!
Maybe there are more muslims in Ibadan!
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by asha80(m): 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
homesteady: I went to country mall in kano yesterday!! And as usual, there were plenty people, except in the pop corn and shawarma joint! And I heard that place is soooo full in the evening time!!
Maybe there are more muslims in Ibadan!
maybe the people buying stuff in kano are southern christians...you there is a high population of southern christians in kano.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Ikengawo: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
dayokanu:

Then move to Enugu and carry Linda Ikeji along with you and leave Ibadan with their issue.

Its only a Somalian that would worry about the daily life of Americans, Most Americans cant even locate Somalia on the map
Imagine an America where people can't afford to use a grocery store lol.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Waspy(m): 6:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
These pple still don't realise Yorubas are a differnt set of Naija population...they care less abt Crowd mentality or hyped social norms.... They are rational, realistic and brave pple... If the local stores are better of, why d need to unreasonably go shopping in a socially hyped centre? YOLO.... Yooba's only Live Once
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by omongbati1: 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ibadan and Yorubaland, except for Lagos (the melting pot for Yorubas, Igbos, Hausa, other Nigerians and foreigners)are the faces of poverty in the South. These guys prefer their ewedu, amala and gbegiri. Sorry Shoprite, you went to the wrong city. Next time move to Benin City and the Eastern parts of the country. You are dong well in Enugu and will do even better in Onitsha, Nnewi, Aba and Owerrri. You will do great in PH and Uyo as well.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Gbawe: 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ayekotoo:

Don't let those suffering from inferiority complex drag you down to the gutter they live in where everything is reduced to pathetic d1ck comparison. If all the Shoprites in Nigeria are busier than that in Ibadan, so what? If you let losers dictate how you think you will become like them. What could be pettier than silly dick comparison over supermarket patronage? I honestly don't think I have ever seen this anywhere else in the world.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by omongbati1: 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
Soon they will create a babaloja for Shoprite to extort money to feed Ibadan people
Adedibu is dead and free amala and ewedu and eja tutu era is over.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Ikengawo: 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ayekotoo:

Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by PapaBrowne(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ah! A whole Ibadan.

I was at Shoprite in Enugu on a week day in the afternoon and it was filled up and brimming with shoppers.

As someone said, it all boils down to purchasing power. But I would rather say it boils down to disposable income.

Top Cities in Nigeria with quality disposable incomes.

Lagos
Abuja
Port Harcourt
Warri
Benin
Kano
Onitsha
Enugu
Kaduna
Aba
Uyo

1 Like

Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by dayokanu(m): 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
PapaBrowne: Ah! A whole Ibadan.

I was at Shoprite in Enugu on a week day in the afternoon and it was filled up and brimming with shoppers.

As someone said, it all boils down to purchasing power. But I would rather say it boils down to disposable income.

Lagos
Abuja
Port Harcourt
Warri
Benin
Kano
Onitsha
Enugu
Kaduna
Aba
Uyo

This would be similar to the list of medical schools per region you gave us a while back right?
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by PapaBrowne(m): 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
dayokanu:

This would be similar to the list of medical schools per region you gave us a while back right?

Dayo. That thread you keep referencing was very on point. I even provided a link but you refused to acknowledge.
I stated clearly, Accredited. And the list is still there as provided by the medical council of Nigeria.
Edo State still has the highest number of accredited Medical schools in Nigeria with three. Lagos is the second highest with two. Osun has recently joined Lagos with the accreditation of LAUTECH. The rest either have 1 or none.

Here is your link again.
http://www.mdcnigeria.org/MedSchools.htm

Me I am happy that the SW is finally having a renaissance of sorts. The rest of the South left the SW in the 90s. The death of Awo stopped all forms of development. The SW has been punching below its belt. The missing link is an entrepreneural spirit.

Check this fact:
The number of very functioning airports in the SW: None.
The number of very functioning Airports in the SS: PH, Calabar, Uyo, Warri, Benin, Asaba.

And it is not that there are no airports in the SW. Ibadan and Akure have airports. Thierr passenger numbers are too low.

Its about disposable income, you know!
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by omongbati1: 4:03am On Aug 01, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Dayo. That thread you keep referencing was very on point. I even provided a link but you refused to acknowledge.
I stated clearly, Accredited. And the list is still there as provided by the medical council of Nigeria.
Edo State still has the highest number of accredited Medical schools in Nigeria with three. Lagos is the second highest with two. Osun has recently joined Lagos with the accreditation of LAUTECH. The rest either have 1 or none.

Here is your link again.
http://www.mdcnigeria.org/MedSchools.htm

Me I am happy that the SW is finally having a renaissance of sorts. The rest of the South left the SW in the 90s. The death of Awo stopped all forms of development. The SW has been punching below its belt. The missing link is an entrepreneural spirit.

Check this fact:
The number of very functioning airports in the SW: None.
The number of very functioning Airports in the SS: PH, Calabar, Uyo, Warri, Benin, Asaba.

And it is not that there are no airports in the SW. Ibadan and Akure have airports. Thierr passenger numbers are too low.

Its about disposable income, you know!

On med schools, Enugu has two, Anambra has two as well (though one is listed as partial at at then), from your list

On airports, SE has two functional ones, Enugu and Owerri
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by omongbati1: 4:06am On Aug 01, 2013
PapaBrowne: Ah! A whole Ibadan.

Lagos
Abuja
Port Harcourt
Warri
Benin
Kano
Onitsha
Enugu
Kaduna
Aba
Uyo

Owerri and Nnewi also have a lot of disposable income
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Afam4eva(m): 8:06am On Aug 01, 2013
It all boils down to the purchasing power. Ibadan has a huge population but most of it's residents are either in the middle class or poor. But they still should be able to patronize shoprite cos their wares are not expensive like people think. To think there's even a university in that city. Maybe it will take some time for them to accept shoprite.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 01, 2013
The sights one observes while passing through Iwo road, Ibadan is enough reason not to site a business there...

Thank God for Lagos if not, SW would have been for archaelogical findings...
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 01, 2013
okpara ugo: The sights one observes while passing through Iwo road, Ibadan is enough reason not to site a business there...

This post is about to be hidden but god forbidt..
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by omongbati1: 10:30am On Aug 01, 2013
okpara ugo: The sights one observes while passing through Iwo road, Ibadan is enough reason not to site a business there...

True that. Iwo road is so drab, especially between Ojoo-Lagos freeway.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by FSU: 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by bornosheikh: 7:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
Who cares whether it is empty or full. Na your bank a/c.

To be honest, Ibadan people get sense to avoid those imported, over-valued products. Rather give my moolah to local traders. Rather than paying import agent and distributor.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by MrFire: 3:59am On Aug 02, 2013
lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Save 80 Stove: China's New Invention, Now In Nigeria! / .. / New Easy Way To Create And Fund Your PAYZA Account Discover!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.