Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,053 members, 7,807,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test (3492 Views)

Vacancies For Internal Auditor And Accounts Officer In Benin City / Flour Mills Of Nig / Invitation For Competency Based Test / Deep Ocean Fluid Limited Invitation For Skill Competency Test!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
I just got the following e-mail from Flour Mills with respect to the just concluded Computer Based Test (CBT) organized by Dragnet:

Dear Candidate,

Congratulations on your successful performance at the last Computer Based Test for the position of INTERNAL AUDIT OFFICER

We hereby invite you for another round of test Competency-Based TEST. Find details below:

Date: Wednesday, 7th August, 2013
Time: 8.45am prompt
Venue: Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc. 2 Old Dock Road, Apapa, Lagos

Kindly come along with your writing materials, a passport photograph and a form of identification.

Acknowledge receipt and availability to this mail address.

Yours faithfully,
for: Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc

I sincerely hope a lot of us made it to this stage. Please if you have any information on the nature of the competency test, do not fail to let us know.

I think the test might be related to Internal Audit but not sure about the form it will take.
Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hmmmm...

I hope I am not on my own again like the last time
Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 01, 2013
Hmmmmmm....

Am I the only nairalander who made it to the next stage?

I need some company down here!!!

Anyone with useful info on the competency test?
Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
This is serious!!!

Am I the only nairalander who made it to the next stage
Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by dabiko(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2013
Calculus,pls how is their CBT like, am sheduled for it next week.As for your compentency test format,read up everything u can about internal audit.And also know how to use Ms excel in computing results.Please reply asap.
Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
dabiko: Calculus,pls how is their CBT like, am sheduled for it next week.As for your compentency test format,read up everything u can about internal audit.And also know how to use Ms excel in computing results.Please reply asap.

Which position did you apply for? I need to know in order to give you proper directives about the CBT.

Please, is the competency test also computer based? And when you say I should know how to use excel, do you mean as it relates to audit or computing in general?

Thanks for your help!
Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by dabiko(m): 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2013
Calculus12:

Which position did you apply for? I need to know in order to give you proper directives about the CBT.

Please, is the competency test also computer based? And when you say I should know how to use excel, do you mean as it relates to audit or computing in general?

Thanks for your help!
I applied for bakery support officer.The competency test is also CB,bt it mainly deals with the position u ar bn considered for.Finally,d excel stuf relates to using excel to compute results say a financial statement of a firm.Wel just know how to use excel to calculate percentages,sum,mean,variation.etc.
Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2013
dabiko: I applied for bakery support officer.The competency test is also CB,bt it mainly deals with the position u ar bn considered for.Finally,d excel stuf relates to using excel to compute results say a financial statement of a firm.Wel just know how to use excel to calculate percentages,sum,mean,variation.etc.

Thanks for the info!

The CBT for experienced Internal audit officers was in two sections: Numerical and verbal. You can get the necessary info from here ===>> https://www.nairaland.com/1360915/experience-cbt-organized-dragnet-behalf . If the position you applied for is for experienced hires then the link has all you may need to know.

I will suggest that you also include 'diagrammatic' test as part of your preparation just in case.
Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
I finally did the test but got a shocker. I went there thinking that the test was going to be computer based and as usual I prepared with this in mind. Unfortunately the test was a written one and we were given a scenario in which to identify the various control lapses and afterwhich we are to prepare an Internal Audit report.

Identifying the various control issues wasn't much of a problem considering that I am exposed to audit myself but the problem came when we were asked to prepare an Internal Audit report. I don't know jack about any Internal Audit report.

If it were to be an external audit report at least I am exposed to this but Internal Audit was a bit of a stretch. I did the first bit and tried to piece together the second bit before I was told my time was up. They gave us just 20 minutes for the exercise.

I am not happy though but I give God the glory.

2 Likes

Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by nkunaira: 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
Its well bro,,,,,jst kip ur fingaz krosd..u can neva tell wat God has in stock 4 u.......Any news on d cadbury retail/wholesale managers test dat was written on d first of august
Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
nku@naira:
Its well bro,,,,,jst kip ur fingaz krosd..u can neva tell wat God has in stock 4 u.......Any news on d cadbury retail/wholesale managers test dat was written on d first of august

No news yet.

Thanks!
Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by omowolewa: 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
Cool
Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by tuncutie(f): 4:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
Any info abt those that wrote the test fir dec 8
Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by tuncutie(f): 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
Any info about those that wrote the test on the 18 of december.....
Re: Flour Mills Calling For Internal Audit Competency Test by ingenuity2014: 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
Heard they are through. After the written test, they had two more stages of oral interview. Normal interview questions like why flour mills, why should we employ you etc; then, questions based on the job responsibilities stated in the job vacancy and other audit related questions like attributes of the internal auditor, audit methodology...

Hope that was helpful.

(1) (Reply)

Haulage Jobs For Trucks / Massive Graduate Recruitment Via ICSL -over 200 Positions / Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2018 - Saroafrica International

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.