Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,748 members, 7,802,290 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? (29108 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? / How To Make Your Own Micro Sim Card! / New Nokia-lumia-800 To Use Micro-sim Like Ipad/iphone4? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by McStoic(m): 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dear Nairalanders, how advisable is it converting your favourite, normal sized sim into a micro sim line? I just got a HTC One X (unlocked international version) which i intended using with my MTN line. Am now in a dilemma cos am afraid of cutting it to micro sim since i usually swap phones when network and low battery palaver arises. Should i go ahead and cut my MTN Sim or do it with another network and end up carrying multiple phones around? Also, which network is the best for an android user? Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by physise(m): 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mc Stoic: Dear Nairalanders, how advisable is it converting your favourite, normal sized sim into a micro sim line? I just got a HTC One X (unlocked international version) which i intended using with my MTN line. Am now in a dilemma cos am afraid of cutting it to micro sim since i usually swap phones when network and low battery palaver arises. Should i go ahead and cut my MTN Sim or do it with another network and end up carrying multiple phones around? Also, which network is the best for an android user? Thanks in advance.

buy micro sim frm mtn office..price na 1k

3 Likes

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Babalegba(m): 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
physise: buy micro sim frm mtn office..price na 1k
is it possible to have two sims. One micro and one mini for the same number.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by physise(m): 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
Babalegba: is it possible to have two sims. One micro and one mini for the same number.
dnt knw o
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by nybol(m): 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
u can still use ur micro-sim in ur other fones. Even a nano sim can be used in a regular sim slot, just make sure the shiny panel on the sim touches the sim connector on d fone. I use d same nano sim on my ipad mini and my torchlight nokia

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by mindtricks: 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
nybol: u can still use ur micro-sim in ur other fones. Even a nano sim can be used in a regular sim slot, just make sure the shiny panel on the sim touches the sim connector on d fone. I use d same nano sim on my ipad mini and my torchlight nokia
Think dis's actually wat op wanted 2 know.

11 Likes

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Suntemi(m): 10:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
nybol: u can still use ur micro-sim in ur other fones. Even a nano sim can be used in a regular sim slot, just make sure the shiny panel on the sim touches the sim connector on d fone. I use d same nano sim on my ipad mini and my torchlight nokia

Correct! so @Op, there's nothing to be scared of.

3 Likes

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by sidvinci(m): 12:05am On Aug 01, 2013
Am using Samsung galaxy s3 abd blackberry. My airtel and mtn sim are micro. Go to there office and cut ur sim. Don't do it manually. Micro sim is invoke now. Am using my micro sim on my bb

1 Like

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by McStoic(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
Thanks to all for the helpful replies.

5 Likes

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by donlyone(m): 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
you can just get a micro sim adaptor or just make your own.

4 Likes

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by McStoic(m): 3:31am On Aug 25, 2013
donlyone: you can just get a micro sim adaptor or just make your own.

Ok. But how can I make
my own. And how does the adaptor work?
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mc Stoic: Ok. But how can I make
my own. And how does the adaptor work?

Any replies to this appreciated!
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by jeebz: 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
Babalegba: is it possible to have two sims. One micro and one mini for the same number.
NO. It is impossible

1 Like

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
jeebz:
NO. It is impossible

Etisalat has the feature, it's called 'Multi device plan'. Call them up or search on google.

2 Likes

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Ositainklord(m): 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mc Stoic: Dear Nairalanders, how advisable is it converting your favourite, normal sized sim into a micro sim line? I just got a HTC One X (unlocked international version) which i intended using with my MTN line. Am now in a dilemma cos am afraid of cutting it to micro sim since i usually swap phones when network and low battery palaver arises. Should i go ahead and cut my MTN Sim or do it with another network and end up carrying multiple phones around? Also, which network is the best for an android user? Thanks in advance.

I helped my sis cut her Mtn Sim for her s3. I used scissors. standard micro Sim size is 15mm x 13mm. She uses it in her BB as well. Just station the golden chip on the terminals mini Sim phones

3 Likes

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by alldruns1: 7:40am On Jul 31, 2014
It's true bt nt for all phone. e.g it cannot fit into Nokia E72.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by chemmerfrank(m): 9:09am On Jul 31, 2014
@ dont cut with scissors am currently facing that problem..at times ull have to force it in to rily stay that was how i spoilt my sim slot of s3..u can buy a micro sim and do a sim swap like u lost d sim..or just cut it with any of d phone dealers
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by tonardo(m): 10:24am On Jul 31, 2014
Never be afraid,. I cut, retrieve..
But now got sim adapter... That's all..

5 Likes

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by MadCow1: 11:49am On Jul 31, 2014

Spot on!!!

OP!! Bless this Post and close this thread. angry

11 Likes

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by uken73(m): 11:59am On Jul 31, 2014
My regular MTN SIM was cut to as far back as 2008 or 2009, but the outer enclosure of the SIM contacts was not broken and was stored safely. I'm still using the same SIM today on a regular SIM slot. I simply placed the cut out SIM contact part into it's outer enclosure and fit it into the phone and I've been using it like that.

3 Likes

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by plainmirror(m): 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
So because u buy American version android phone, u wan tk style do advert 4 NL abi.
sad

1 Like

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by shadowwalker101: 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
I dont use micro sim
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by satowind(m): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
The reason y they changed to mini sim Is to save cost just lyk mtn changing from recharge card to recharge paper.
You can go to mtn office they have the cutter they will do it 4 u

1 Like

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by tomiobj(m): 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
McStoic: Dear Nairalanders, how advisable is it converting your favourite, normal sized sim into a micro sim line? I just got a HTC One X (unlocked international version) which i intended using with my MTN line. Am now in a dilemma cos am afraid of cutting it to micro sim since i usually swap phones when network and low battery palaver arises. Should i go ahead and cut my MTN Sim or do it with another network and end up carrying multiple phones around? Also, which network is the best for an android user? Thanks in advance.

You can cut your sim to a microsim and get a sim adapter when you want to use it in a phone of bigger sim slot. #thats all. Also if d sim slot of your phone is like the BlackBerry bolds and curves. U cn actually position the sim very well by matching the metal slots on top of each other. There is a 60%chance of success.

For android devices the best network is glo. Nt best in speed but they r easy to scam. 1000N for 3gig (30 days). Change your apn to 'blackberry.net'.

1 Like

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by twosquare(m): 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
tonardo: Never be afraid,. I cut, retrieve..
But now got sim adapter... That's all..
how much do they sell sim adapter. Price range.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Judolisco(m): 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Cut it d best is mtn its download lyk mad on lumia
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2014

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TECNO Camon 16 Premier (N115,800) Vs Camon 15 Premier(N103,000) + Camera Photos / Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread / Whatsapp Introduces Screen Sharing For Video Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.