Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba (2507 Views)

The Oba Of Lagos Does Not Speak For Us - APC / Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) / I Am Running For President Now, Nigeria Can't Wait Till 2015- Nuhu Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by omongbati1: 5:00am On Aug 01, 2013
YORUBA TRADO – MEDICS TAKEOVER IMO STATE.

http://www.imotrumpeta.com/?p=2018
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by omongbati1: 5:02am On Aug 01, 2013
99cent:

I read the thread. they weren't asking for "free land" they were asking for a community space. It was promised but never fulfilled.
they were also asking for what happened to federal allocation for Hajj. We know that there aren't many igbo muslims so what did Chime do with the Hajj money if he didn't give it to the yoruba/hausa community in his state?
Also, the article was written by an igbo person and very visibly biased.

Too bad there aren't many yorubas living in the east for there to be publicity about the marginaization going on by the self-righteous igbo brethren.

Hajj money is not fed money. It is State money. I dare you to prove me wrong. Why should Enugu sponsor hajj when they do not believe in Islam? Do muslim states sponsor Igbo pilgrims to Jerusalem? Why are they asking for what they cannot offer others?

Plus you claim land was promised them. Thank God you called it promise. How many land have SW govs promised Igbos?
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by 99cent: 5:18am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

Why should Enugu sponsor hajj when they do not believe in Islam? Do muslim states sponsor Igbo pilgrims to Jerusalem? Why are they asking for what they cannot offer others?

it's not a yoruba pilgrim it's a muslim pilgrim. just as there are christian pilgrimages that igbos are a part of. YES sponsored in lagos state!
if you feel that you shouldn't sponsor the pilgrimage because you don't believe in islam then how dare you question northerners persecution of christians since they also do not believe in Christianity?

Plus you claim land was promised them. Thank God you called it promise. How many land have SW govs promised Igbos?

In a statement issued after a well attended joint meeting of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the traditional council of Ndi-Eze and the title holders, held at the Ndigbo National secretariat in Lagos, they resolved that the era of disunity is over.

igbos have secretariats in lagos. so why are igbos reluctant to let the yorubas in their state build a secretariat?
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by omongbati1: 5:22am On Aug 01, 2013
99cent:

it's not a "yoruba pilgrim" it's a muslim pilgrim. just as there are christian pilgrims that igbos are a part of. YES sponsored in lagos state!
so because igbos don't believe in islam, they should not respect the nigerian muslims living within their midst?
and u complain when the muslims in d north do not respect your religion. abeg go and siddon.
na igbo treatment of foreigners worse pass.

In a statement issued after a well attended joint meeting of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the traditional council of Ndi-Eze and the title holders, held at the Ndigbo National secretariat in Lagos, they resolved that the era of disunity is over.

---
they are asking for land to build a secretariat. Igbos have had one (or probably even more than one) for a LONG TIME.

Pilgrimages to Mecca and Jerusalem are sponsored by states not fed. Each state is interested in sponsoring their own people in the preponderant religion, and owe no obligation to others. You need to show me one IGBO MAN sponsored to Jerusalem by SW or northern muslim states.

You claimed (lied) Yorubas in Igboland are few, yet those in Enugu alone are asking for land for a secretariat. What does one or two persons need a secretariat for then? Besides, why can't they buy land and build their secretariat. Igbos in Lagos bought land and built theirs with no support from Lag govt
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by 99cent: 5:23am On Aug 01, 2013
so igbos feel its ok to persecute yorubas and hausas in their region. yet they complain if the same is being metted to them in other Nigerian states. hahahaaha joke of the century.
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by omongbati1: 5:26am On Aug 01, 2013
99cent: so igbos feel its ok to persecute yorubas and hausas in their region. yet they complain if the same is being metted to them in other Nigerian states. hahahaaha joke of the century.

Persecuted by not giving them free land and unmerited hajj money I laugh in Pakistan language. Igbos are not muslims; Enugu sponsors pilgrimage to Jerusalem and Christian Yorubas in Enugu might benefit from that.
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by kunlekunle: 5:28am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

No. Igbos will not complain because most street hawkers are Yoruba. Most Igbo traders own shops, even if a small one. Street hawkers include Yoruba (50 %), Igbo (30%), Calabar, Delta, Hausa, Beninois and Togolese, ( all 20%)etc

what of those at traffic junctions (85% ibos)
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by omongbati1: 5:31am On Aug 01, 2013
kunlekunle:

what of those at traffic junctions (85% ibos)

In the traffic junction that you saw. In the ones I have seen Yorubas are 100%
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by omongbati1: 5:35am On Aug 01, 2013
Obi donates land to Hausa, Yoruba communities
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/07/obi-donates-land-to-hausa-yoruba-communities/

At least Obi did this. What free land has been given to Igbos in any SW or Northern State?

Abia govt also gave land and buildings to Northern cattle merchants.

History Of The Market
According to Mrs. Veronica Nwoga, an indigene of Enugu state, the cattle market was first located in Umuahia in an area popularly called Gariki, but was relocated to Okigwe on May 15, 1994, following complaints by residents that it was not proper to site such a market in a state capital, which Umuahia had become by then following the creation of Abia state in 1991.

According to Mrs. Nwoga, who started selling items used by butchers at the Gariki cattle market, Umuahia, the then government of Abia state, first built a cattle market at Ubakala in the outskirts of Umuahia, but the Northern traders rejected the location of the market. They preferred a place close to the Expressway, preferably the Enugu - Port-Harcourt Expressway.

While the Abia state government prevaricated on meeting the request of the cattle dealers, the then government of Imo state, moved in and secured a land at Okigwe junction for the relocation of the cattle market. In doing that the Imo state government, appreciated the economic importance of the cattle market. “This market will increase the internally generated revenue of the state” a senior government official reportedly said then.

But for inexplicable reasons, the Imo state government resolved to push the cattle market to another location, a move that rankled the traders. And as the traders were thinking of going back to the North, the former Abia state governor Orji Uzor Kalu, invited their leaders for talks, and at the end of the day, the Abia state government provided a large expanse of land at Umuchieze in Umunneochi Local Government Area of the state, for the cattle traders to stay and ply their business.

According to Alhaji Bishara, most of the cattle traders are from the Northern parts of the country, and have lived all their lives in Abia state. Indeed, most of them are descendants of Hausa/ Fulani cattle traders who had settled in Umuahia long before the country gained independence from the British colonial masters on October 1, 1960.

“We do not see ourselves as traders alone, but as residents and citizens of Abia state who are working and trading for the development of the economy of the state, and that is why we are agitating for a special political ward to enable us elect somebody who will represent our interests in the local government council.

“Actually the Abia state government had in the past, extended political appointments including a special advisory position to some of us. This goes to show how close we are to the government of Abia state. But we are asking for one of us to be appointed a commissioner to represent our interests in the Abia state executive council, whenever governor Theodore Orji decides to dissolve the existing state executive, and appoint a new one.

“I must say that this community enjoys a good relationship with the administration of Governor Theodore Orji as well as that of the Umunne ochi local government council. The relationship with the council is so cordial, and even when we quarrel with indigenous farmers in the area over the grazing of our cattle in their farmland, the successive council chairmen had invited us for amicable settlement of the matter instead of engaging in violent clashes with our hosts.

“We are enjoying reasonable security in the market, and that has allowed our business to thrive. We thank the Abia state government for approving the posting of soldiers and mobile police men here. The Abia state government has also provided us with nomadic school for our children, and we are requesting the government to also provide us with a health centre where our women can take treatment with ease rather than travelling long distances to access medical care,” said Alhaji Bishara in an interview with LEADERSHIP SUNDAY.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/44277/2013/01/06/umuchieze_cattle_market_unifying_point_northsouth.html?quicktabs_2=0&quicktabs_1=0&quicktabs_3=0
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 01, 2013
This OP is talking rubbish and shamelessly lying to cover his unjust accusation.

If not for official transfer from offices.....the number of non Igbos living in the Igbo speaking states will be countable in fingers and toes...just to show how intolerant these ingrates can be.
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by omongbati1: 5:42am On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy: This OP is talking rubbish and shamelessly lying to cover his unjust accusation.

If not for official transfer from offices.....the number of non Igbos living in the Igbo speaking states will be countable in fingers and toes...just to show how intolerant these ingrates can be.

Yeah!! These are office workers. Shameless liars

Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by 99cent: 5:46am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:
Obi donates land to Hausa, Yoruba communities
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/07/obi-donates-land-to-hausa-yoruba-communities/

At least Obi did this. What free land has been given to Igbos in any SW or Northern State?

Abia govt also gave land and buildings to Northern cattle merchants.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/44277/2013/01/06/umuchieze_cattle_market_unifying_point_northsouth.html?quicktabs_2=0&quicktabs_1=0&quicktabs_3=0

so, you need to crawl back to your cave and stop peddling lies.
the yorubas and hausas were relocated from their land and moved to new locations assigned by Obi.
stop posting rubbish and twisting the stories up and down.
I'm sure Fashola should be free to relocate all igbos in lagos based on this news. he should move all igbos in festac to makoko slum.
an eye for an eye cool
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

Yeah!! These are office workers. Shameless liars

Bloody dolt....you've just proved me right....how many are those traditional medicine workers? Perhaps some couple of hundred at best.
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by 99cent: 5:53am On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

Bloody dolt....you've just proved me right....how many are those traditional medicine workers? Perhaps some couple of hundred at best.

a couple of hundred is way too high. not more than 30 people in total i'm sure.
Even the article got one thing right:

The Yoruba indigenes who are reluctant to migrate to settle within the country (outside their immediate enclaves) at least not so disposed to doing so as much as their counterpart of Igbo extraction. This is not denying the fact that the Yorubas are equally itinerant but most of their voyages target overseas

grin
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 01, 2013
99cent:

a couple of hundred is way too high. not more than 30 people in total i'm sure.

Of course I know....just giving the nitwit the benefit of doubt....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by omongbati1: 5:58am On Aug 01, 2013
99cent:

so, you need to crawl back to your cave and stop peddling lies.
the yorubas and hausas were relocated from their land and moved to new locations assigned by Obi.
stop posting rubbish and twisting the stories up and down.
I'm sure Fashola should be free to relocate all igbos in lagos based on this news. he should move all igbos in festac to makoko slum.
an eye for an eye cool

Relocated from their land? Whose land? Yoruba land in Igboland? You must be an urchin.
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by 99cent: 6:00am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

Relocated from their land? Whose land? Yoruba land in Igboland?

well, u have a point. igboland is igboland.
just as yorubaland is yourubaland and hausaland is hausaland.
each region should do whatever it sees fit to its foreigners. truce?
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 01, 2013
99cent:

The guy you are arguing with is evidently deficient in the IQ department....he hardly understand the implication of most of the thrash he keep spewing out.

Good luck to you as you engage him further.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by omongbati1: 6:27am On Aug 01, 2013
99cent:

Well, Igbos have not deported the 1000s of Yorubas in Igboland

You asked for free land in Enugu, they did not give you, but Anambra and Abia did. How many free land have you given to Igbos in Lagos? Do you have an answer?
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by omongbati1: 6:28am On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

That's the only one you saw? Crass tabula rasa. Did you even read it. Hell no.
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

Well, Igbos have not deported the 1000s of Yorubas in Igboland

You asked for free land in Enugu did not give you but Anambra and Abia did. How many free land have you given to Igbos in Lagos? Do you have an answer?

What is the value of land in your forest villages and what is the value of land in Lagos?

What is the demand and supply relationship of your desolate villages compare to the supply and demand relationship of a bubbling and thriving city of Lagos.

You will locate your answer why there cannot be freebie of land in lagos....but your local governors should be generous with land.
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

That's the only one you saw? Crass tabula rasa. Did you even read it. Hell no.

Obviously.....you are a too dense to see beyond your flat nose.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by 99cent: 6:51am On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

Obviously.....you are a too dense to see beyond your flat nose.

and his flat head alike grin
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by omongbati1: 6:54am On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

What is the value of land in your forest villages and what is the value of land in Lagos?

What is the demand and supply relationship of your desolate villages compare to the supply and demand relationship of a bubbling and thriving city of Lagos.

You will locate your answer why there cannot be freebie of land in lagos....but your local governors should be generous with land.

Land is more expensive in the east than in SW.
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by 99cent: 6:59am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

due to massive inflation. if biafra became independent, it will be worse than zimbabwe. all the igbos will leave for nigeria and worse, cameroon. infact, nigeria will have a worse immigration problem than it currently does grin

everyone knows d reason igbos r buying land like no tomorrow is because they have never seen cheap land before. hahaha they do not know that they are actually buying it at a higher price than locals will pay for them. at the end of the day, when the igbos have to "flee" they will leave the same land behind at a financial loss to themselves. grin

joke is on u.
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

The problem is that you mostly talk out of ignorance.....your heart rather your head process your thought-pattern which make you talk on the basis of emotion and not on fact.

Chew on that !
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by omongbati1: 7:06am On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

The problem is that you mostly talk out of ignorance.....your heart rather your head process your thought-pattern which make you talk on the basis of emotion and not on fact.

Chew on that !
Land in SE is more expensive than in SW (excluding parts of Lagos). You can rant as you may but the fact stands.
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by 99cent: 7:08am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

Land in SE is more expensive than in SW (excluding parts of Lagos). You can rant as you may but the fact stands.

useless barren land for that matter. SE is the Zimbabwe of Nigeria. I'm not even sure whether it is currency forgery or just economic incompetence. but whatever it is, u are lucky that we share the same currency. money that is worthless in your region automatically enable u to buy land in west and north.

I think we should create a different currency system. Otherwise, the igbo problem will spread to the rest of Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

Keep shut! When you talk out of ignorance .....you say fact! Na so fact dey easy to come by....you are just one pathetic dunce !

The real estate value of Otta....Sango and Agbara (just some parts of Ogun state) will probably be higher that the whole land value of the entire Ibo land.
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by micklplus(m): 7:39am On Aug 01, 2013
Na wah ooo!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by Symphony007: 8:04am On Aug 01, 2013
This thrend is very very bad and somebody ought to take the lagos state government to the supreme court. What right does any state have to deport citizens of a country where the state is located? So far as you're a nigerian you're free to live in any city you deam fit. We understand that lagos is populated but so is new york but andrew cuomo does not ship americans back to texas,idaho,wisconsin, iowa,nebraska,etc.. Without there consent, and when they consent, they are flown out in dignified manner.there are sane policies that can be implemented to keep only working people in the city and in conjuction with the federal government a policy on destitutes and beggers will also be formulated...but harsh internal deportation is plain wrong.
Re: Lagos Hawker: I Am Running Because I Could not Speak Yoruba by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 01, 2013
99cent:

I have never met any yoruba person living in SE either!
OK. I have actually met an Ogun guy in Abakaliki. He claims to be an engineer but he does not have a car. He has been living there for about ten years. Maybe you don't move around too much. Otherwise, you'd have met one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTO NEWS: Aregbesola Receives Award As Most Impactful Governor 2013 / TB Joshua’s Shocking 2014 Prophecy For Nigeria And The World / Ekiti Defeat: APC Governors Woo Workers, Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.