Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting (21736 Views)

Osinbajo Presides Over Emergency FEC Meeting / Buhari Postpones Emergency FEC Meeting Till Monday / Buhari Summons Emergency FEC Meeting On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
August 1, 2013 - 9:03pm| By Elizabeth Embu

President Goodluck Jonathan has called for an emergency meeting of the Federal Executive Council to be held on Friday (2nd of August), Daily Times has reliably gathered.

The agenda of the meeting is unknown. Following this development, ministers are already jittery fearing it maybe the long awaited cabinet reshuffle.

President Jonathan is on record as saying his decision to reshuffle his cabinet is not one that will be publicised and hyped, but that he will do it when and if the need arises and at his own discretion.

However, a top official, who confirmed the meeting, tried to down play this stating that it was not unusual for the President to call emergency meetings “in order to iron out issues"

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/jonathan-calls-emergency-fec-meeting
Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by antartica(m): 10:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
Maybe to declare a state of emergency in lagos for blatant acts of secession.

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
What can a slopke do? Calling a meeting to rehearse the same failed PDP agenda.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: August 1, 2013 - 9:03pm| By Elizabeth Embu

President Goodluck Jonathan has called for an emergency meeting of the Federal Executive Council to be held on Friday (2nd of August), Daily Times has reliably gathered.

The agenda of the meeting is unknown. Following this development, ministers are already jittery fearing it maybe the long awaited cabinet reshuffle.

President Jonathan is on record as saying his decision to reshuffle his cabinet is not one that will be publicised and hyped, but that he will do it when and if the need arises and at his own discretion.

However, a top official, who confirmed the meeting, tried to down play this stating that it was not unusual for the President to call emergency meetings “in order to iron out issues"

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/jonathan-calls-emergency-fec-meeting

You don't reshuffle your cabinet unless you have failed. You keep your cabinet intact if they are performing.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by ifihearam: 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
My ever ready presido,efficient and very unpredictable.Everyone would be standing on his or her toes by tomorrow. Well i would have loved to disclose the reason of the emergency meeting but will be an act of disloyalty on my part. Please bear with us.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by ifihearam: 10:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
payless:

You don't reshuffle your cabinet unless you have failed. You keep your cabinet intact if they are performing.

And if they are not performing to expectation, you keep them abi?

You are so childish

23 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by EkoAtlantic: 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
No matter amount of time the cabinet is reshuffled, one minister can never be removed from jona's cabinet, na only God the thing dey clear to. Minister of Petroleum grin
Chai, I fear that b1TTch die.

There are some ministers too I think any government irrespective of the party in power shouldn't do away with them.
Minister of Agriculture, telecommunication and that of the aviation.
Those trio are very competent.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by FSU: 11:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
payless: What can a slopke do? Calling a meeting to rehearse the same failed PDP agenda.

Your cancer-infected Fasola, Your frog-eyed Tinubu and your almajiri Buhari APC is DOA

37 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 01, 2013
ifihearam:

And if they are not performing to expectation, you keep them abi?

You are so childish

Old man read it again with your spectacle on: You don't shuffle your cabinet unless they have failed. If he reshuffles his cabinet; it means they have not performed. As Americans say, don't fix it if ain't broke. Why reshuffle if things working for you?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
FSU:

Your cancer-infected Fasola, Your frog-eyed Tinubu and your almajiri Buhari APC is DOA

The last time I checked, Chime is ravaged by cancer.

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by Plshavmercyamen: 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
We are patiently observing while waiting
Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 01, 2013
I said it on this forum that when GEJ will do cabinet reshuffle, no one would know. All the speculations in May amounted to nothing. Now, the President is doing it at his own time and his own way.

I'm not really in support of frequent changes in govt. I believe people should be given time to achieve results and consolidate (for those who are working towards achieving results). I believe whole sale changes mid-way in a tenure is not a sign of a focused govt. I know the President is also an advocate of allowing appointees, who are working, sufficient time achieve results. I hope the president limits the changes to the few ministers who have been occupying space and doing minimal work or nothing. I also suspect that some ministers nominated by the few anti-GEJ governors may suffer collateral damage.

Whatever happens, I hope the president retains the ministers of finance, works, agriculture, aviation (if she's not interested in the Anambra polls), power, trade and investment, information and a few others.

Who knows, the meeting may even have nothing to do with cabinet changes

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by Atouke: 11:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
The wrongful and unlawful detention,clandestine deportation and abuse of the civil and constitutional rights of igbos that were deported by Fashola run LASG should be tabled.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting by ballabriggs: 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2013
Good! As long as he fires Labaran Maku and sends him back to his cattle grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Declared Holiday For Buhari ―kogi Govt / Buhari Writes Senate For Confirmation Of 10 CCB Nominees / Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.