Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,580 members, 7,801,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Who Are These Yorubas? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Are These Yorubas? (22276 Views)

Obaship Crisis Rocks Yorubas In FCT / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. / So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by ImperialYoruba: 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
brodalokie:

And now you think I need help? You nor get regard for me. I don't blame you

grin grin. You are still my beloved brother.

As long you are Yoruba you are still my brother. I cant do anything to you but just yab, das all. I love all Yorubas with deep sense of loyalty.

Yoruba, the most Superior race on earth!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by bluke(m): 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2018
[quote author=brodalokie post=73993660][/quote]

mall the els are a collection of canaanite gods, under one roof (God)
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by bluke(m): 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2018
Olu317:
No, the Sumerians did not part to from but Yoruba ancestors migrated to that part of the land from the following information. Perhaps,it reflect on

The Sumerians called themselves ‘Saggig', which is interpreted as ‘black headed ones' because they shaved their heads The Sumerians had in their  cuneiform writing ,that they were modest and humble which is reflected in their dress, consisting mainly of a simple tunic. They were clean shaven, and also were thought to shave their heads bare.

In Yoruba land: This For a inumerable years this songs in ancient ILEIFE Says,

Omo Olu IFE Ooni bante Jogina,
L 'o mu IFE Ooni wu mi,Ori fifa kodoro 
L' o mu IFE su mi

(Worthy children of Lord Ooni(owner) of IFE, worthy Jogina apron wearers
This endear IFE Ooni to me,total head shaving,however,that repels me

Omo Oju r'abe sa, omo bante Jogina 
L' o mu IFE wu mi,Ori fifa kodoro 
L' o mu Ibé su mi

( children who flee at the sight of razor, Worthy Jogina Apron wearers,
This endears me to IFE  Ooni, worthy total head shaving children,however, that repels me)

As you can see, ancient Yoruba ancestors wore Bante; apron wearers,and Banté was not worn in west Africa until arrival of Yoruba ancestors from the land of Egypt-Morroco-Sudan- Nigeria..
Only God knew what they were wearing before the arrival of Yorubas and other migrants.

kindly advice of yoruba belief about the skies (galaxies)
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by ImperialYoruba: 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2018
Olu317:
ewa oloyin . Are you a father of twin? a family of yours or friend want to cook it for his or her twin ?

Noo jare.
I would love to have twins. grin.
I was looking at their oriki and wondering when i saw the beans.

Why beans, not rice or yam or even maybe salad and scotcheggs. Do you know what i mean? Yeah.

But i do love twins, and i think i deserve them as a reward after teaching macof the link between the praisesong "Ejire ara Isokun" as a Yoruba dial back to the twins of our ancestor Isaak. grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by lawani: 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Noo jare.

Why beans, not rice or yam or even maybe salad and scotcheggs. Do you know what i mean? Yeah.

But i do love twins, and i think i deserve them as a reward after teaching macof the link between the praisesong "Ejire ara Isokun" as a Yoruba dial back to the twins of our ancestor Isaak. grin

Jews are not more than five thousand years old whereas the yoruba calendar is 10060 years. Jews are a new people and Yoruba are not their descendants
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by Olu317(m): 6:35pm On Dec 19, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Noo jare.

May the God of heaven and earth grants you the heart desire of yours .But watch out for the challanges in training them. Although, there is a big joy in having them.

Cheers.
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by ImperialYoruba: 7:10pm On Dec 19, 2018
lawani:
Jews are not more than five thousand years old whereas the yoruba calendar is 10060 years. Jews are a new people and Yoruba are not their descendants

Who is Jew, Isaak?
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by Olu317(m): 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
bluke:

kindly advice of yoruba belief about the skies (galaxies)

Ifa is full fledge encrypted knowledge of universe and the earth's credible graudal creation. In fact, the Greek-Roman interpreters didn't catch the glimpse of it in BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION because the Yoruba Odu Ifa says in Osa Ogunda which says,

“Iri tu wili tu wili la fi da ile aye, la bu da ile,” which means, “Dews pouring lightly, pouring lightly, was used to create the earth world in order that goodness could come forth into existence at once.”

Who ever understand the above STATEMENT and the gradual creation of earth will realise the Yoruba Ifa is a record keeping ‘word of God'. Thus, the Ogbon-Imo-Ooyè(knowledge-Wisdom-Understanding) is the basis of the world's creation and the depth of Holiiness of God which is very eminent in Ifa Corpus.

And Yoruba tradition do not worship galaxies as did the Greek -Roman etc as Western scholars imagined. In fact, the Yoruba tradition from the eyes of Western world as regard the veneration of ancestors but celebration of heroes past while praying through these ancestors and hoping Eledaa will grant the prayers through his Àshè.......

The problems however, in some cases is the assimilation of some ancestors who were at loggerheads in the ancient time into Ifa corpus as part of the creation which made the complexity of the creation became coded. This the reason URIMILA/ORUMILA is ; LIGHT BREAK FORTH

AND WITH THE SAME MEANING WITH HEBREW'S EPHOD'S URIM; LIGHT

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by bluke(m): 8:19pm On Dec 19, 2018
Olu317:

Ifa is full fledge encrypted knowledge of universe and the earth's credible graudal creation. In fact, the Greek-Roman interpreters didn't catch the glimpse of it in BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION because the Yoruba Odu Ifa says in Osa Ogunda which says,

“Iri tu wili tu wili la fi da ile aye, la bu da ile,” which means, “Dews pouring lightly, pouring lightly, was used to create the earth world in order that goodness could come forth into existence at once.”

Who ever understand the above STATEMENT and the gradual creation of earth will realise the Yoruba Ifa is a record keeping ‘word of God'. Thus, the Ogbon-Imo-Ooyè(knowledge-Wisdom-Understanding) is the basis of the world's creation and the depth of Holiiness of God which is very eminent in Ifa Corpus.

And Yoruba tradition do not worship galaxies as did the Greek -Roman etc as Western scholars imagined. In fact, the Yoruba tradition from the eyes of Western world as regard the veneration of ancestors but celebration of heroes past while praying through these ancestors and hoping Eledaa will grant the prayers through his Àshè.......

The problems however, in some cases is the assimilation of some ancestors who were at loggerheads in the ancient time into Ifa corpus as part of the creation which made the complexity of the creation became coded. This the reason URIMILA/ORUMILA is ; LIGHT BREAK FORTH

Cheers

what is Ashe
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by ImperialYoruba: 8:22pm On Dec 19, 2018
Olu317:

May the God of heaven and earth grants you the heart desire of yours .But watch out for the challanges in training them. Although, there is a big joy in having them.

Cheers.

Thank you Prince! You talk from experience. Are you twins or you have them? grin
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by ImperialYoruba: 8:24pm On Dec 19, 2018
Bluke, where is my money so I can open up time and talk about Yathrib?

grin
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by Olu317(m): 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Thank you Prince! You talk from experience. Are you twins or you have them? grin

Father of twin by grace of God and not by man...

1 Like

Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by bluke(m): 12:07am On Dec 20, 2018
ImperialYoruba:
Bluke, where is my money so I can open up time and talk about Yathrib?

grin

just doing historical research when i found that sultan bello report on yoruba and the oonis video to ghana.
no much knowledge on the subject.
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by bluke(m): 12:11am On Dec 20, 2018
Olu317:

Cheers

just to get pronouciation right.
ashe as in amen (d r)
whats ashe (d d)
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by Olu317(m): 5:54am On Dec 20, 2018
bluke:

just to get pronouciation right.
ashe as in amen (d r)
whats ashe (d d)

À as in Yoruba'alphabet of A-b-d....sh and é in the same context. No on the amen because, somewhere along the line,Yoruba's forebear interchange the meaning to another meaning but specifically, the meaning simply is absolute ‘authority' of God or,someone who is a king. Take for instance, ONLY THE KING IS KNOWN TO BE CALLED ÀLÀSHÉ in Yoruba's epithat(Oriki) and not even herbalists or spiritualists who are vastly knowledgeable in herbology.

The word Amen is claimed by few western researchers to be originated from Amon god but Semitic researchers says it was used by old Hebrew to mean unshakable. Interestingly ,Amen is as old as the foundation of Yoruba's knowledge. The word amen in circulation among the Christians originated from Yoruba ancestors. What do I mean by this? è í mí( in yoruba dialects, one hears a saying as,‘ ì mí kán è mí mí (a proverb in Yoruba land to show one is never afraid or unshakable).

As far as I have verify this word,no group can break this etymology without such being ancient Yorubas. I have seen Ibo groups calls fowl as ọkụkọ but they borrowed this word through Yoruba migrants. The reason for this assertion is that the voice of a male fowl which sound as ko ko ko - and Yoruba forbears saw it and postulated it as a type that crowl for its voice to be heard,was the foundation of the word, sound or voice in ancient Yoruba lexicon. In my previous post that I posted an old Hebrew's alphabet of ‘Qol' which represent voice/sound and I mentioned a day to day familiar word that choir members, musicians etc are being referred to when they practice their profession as ,‘kọ - orin'( voice out song, sound out song,sing song).

Cheers
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by Olu317(m): 6:42am On Dec 20, 2018
bluke:

just doing historical research when i found that sultan bello report on yoruba and the oonis video to ghana.
no much knowledge on the subject.

You see, the Yoruba forebears lived in Saudi Arabia under a different name which is contrary to some people on this forum that had thought Oyo was trying hard to connect to Islam to proof a point. No Sir, Oyo information is as solid as one can imagine.Before now, some people had claimed there were no name tbat could link Yoruba to middle East but evidence abound after decades and centuries through research finding that Yoruba footprint was from the land of Or/Ur(ilu Oru)heat land. Dierk Lange ,plainly stated this and other researchers.

In fact, history has it that the first mention of Jews in the areas of modern-day Saudi Arabia dates back, by some accounts, to the time of the First Temple . Immigration to the Arabian Peninsula began in earnest in the 2nd century CE, and by the 6th and 7th centuries there was a considerable Jewish population in Hejaz , mostly in and around Medina , in part because of the embrace of Judaism by such leaders as Dhu Nuwas .

To day, the descendants of these Jewish settlement moved to Africa through the land of Egypt and fused with other Jews before gradual migration took them down to West Africa because of war.

Note: Some people who aren't with pure heart may find this as intriguing but it is true. While I was a child I heard a story of Oranmiyan who claimed to want to go and avenge his father's humiliation grin and I wondered what such could mean........But today,in piece by piece,Odu-revelation is being made manifest.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by Olu317(m): 6:47am On Dec 20, 2018
@nisai, if you can take a close range of the encrypted pictographs or hieroglyphs on the Oranmiyan's tree ,then the code can be broken by the grace of Élédáà if it is a Jewish lettering.

Kindly send it to me via xylovoice@gmail.com

God bless you.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by bluke(m): 8:01am On Dec 20, 2018
Olu317:

You see, the Yoruba forebears lived in Saudi Arabia under a different name which is contrary to some people on this forum that had thought Oyo was trying hard to connect to Islam to proof a point. No Sir, Oyo information is as solid as one can imagine.Before now, some people had claimed there were no name tbat could link Yoruba to middle East but evidence abound after decades and centuries through research finding that Yoruba footprint was from the land of Or/Ur(ilu Oru)heat land. Dierk Lange ,plainly stated this and other researchers.

In fact, history has it that the first mention of Jews in the areas of modern-day Saudi Arabia dates back, by some accounts, to the time of the First Temple . Immigration to the Arabian Peninsula began in earnest in the 2nd century CE, and by the 6th and 7th centuries there was a considerable Jewish population in Hejaz , mostly in and around Medina , in part because of the embrace of Judaism by such leaders as Dhu Nuwas .

To day, the descendants of these Jewish settlement moved to Africa through the land of Egypt and fused with other Jews before gradual migration took them down to West Africa because of war.

Note: Some people who aren't with pure heart may find this as intriguing but it is true. While I was a child I heard a story of Oranmiyan who claimed to want to go and avenge his father's humiliation grin and I wondered what such could mean........But today,in piece by piece,Odu-revelation is being made manifest.

Cheers.

thanks for all the informations.
i can rest from this whis quest burdering me, maybe when i stumble another nut, i'll ask.

eyin le'see ree
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by Olu317(m): 8:28am On Dec 20, 2018
bluke:

thanks for all the informations.
i can rest from this whis quest burdering me, maybe when i stumble another nut, i'll ask.

eyin le'see ree
Thank you too Sir
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by Olu317(m): 8:37am On Dec 20, 2018
@ KingSango , there is Trinity Concept in Yoruba land. It is called È mi Okunrin meta( I,the three in one man).

Note: If you are so much in love with Yoruba tradition, kindly follow nearly all members on this forum to have more knowledge of Yoruba history and tradition.

Cheers
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by Olu317(m): 8:46am On Dec 20, 2018
@ macof, I am still waiting for you to break the code of this word I posted in my last response to you which is: יורבּ, since you are knowledgeable in old Hebrew. Do you know why? I can sense the zeal you have to stand up for Yoruba traditions that you don't even understand the complexity of it. Plainly, it is an extraordinary divine gift to decipher the complexity and unraveling them because it takes knowledge-wisdom-understanding to crack it. In fact, it is beyond memorising the corpuses in IFA. grin

Cheers
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by lawani: 11:49am On Dec 20, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Who is Jew, Isaak?

Isaac is not an ancrstor of yoruba
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by ImperialYoruba: 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2018
lawani:
Isaac is not an ancrstor of yoruba

Id like to treat the two issues of jew and ancestry differently.

We will come to whether or not he is an ancestor, lets iron out the jew factor.

You said Isaac is a Jew, how so?

1 Like

Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by KingSango(m): 1:10pm On Dec 20, 2018
Olu317:
@ KingSango , there is Trinity Concept in Yoruba land. It is called È mi Okunrin meta( I,the three in one man).

Note: If you are so much in love with Yoruba tradition, kindly follow nearly all members on this forum to have more knowledge of Yoruba history and tradition.

Cheers

You said man and you didn't say God? Neither did you give a source for this worship. Such as, the worship of Sango is directly tied to Oyo Empire, the Alaafin and royal family of Oyo and the sacred town of Kuso. As far as I know triplicity is a Babylonian concept adopted by the Greeks in the creation of Serapis Christus. Olodumare is one God.

As far as I understand Yoruba is this was a name the British come up with. And also there has been a lot of Christian influence into traditional Ifa concepts and stories. Although tradition is authentic in Nigergia in practice yet the tradition is under attack by modernists who want to be Christian. I've meet some Yoruba here in America ashamed of their native traditions and proud to be Christian.

Good day baba
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by lawani: 1:12pm On Dec 20, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Id like to treat the two issues of jew and ancestry differently.

We will come to whether or not he is an ancestor, lets iron out the jew factor.

You said Isaac is a Jew, how so?
Only Judah and Benjamin descendants are Jews. Others are lost.
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by brodalokie: 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
What do you think the name Yoruba translates into?
I think it is a compound words, Yo eru ba meaning to scare someone. Like a thunder effect that scares little children or women grin

Any thoughts?

Ibadan = iba adan

I also have a feeling that they might have named the Eastern people, Igbo which translates a Bush. Could it be the reason why they are knights or militia by nature? Considering their rebellious nature that lead to the civil war? Remember I said the color associated with the East is Red and the Green is hiding inside it
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by ImperialYoruba: 3:06pm On Dec 20, 2018
lawani:
Only Judah and Benjamin descendants are Jews. Others are lost.

This will conclude that you are unable to identify an ethnicity or race for Isaac. You thought he was Jew but you now modify that thought to exclude himnfrom the Jews.

Do you know that he is Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by lawani: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

This will conclude that you are unable to identify an ethnicity or race for Isaac. You thought he was Jew but you now modify that thought to exclude himnfrom the Jews.

Do you know that he is Yoruba?
what I know is that the children of Israel spoke ancient Yoruba when they were in Egypt. Isaac did not speak that language
Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by ImperialYoruba: 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
lawani:
what I know is that the children of Israel spoke ancient Yoruba when they were in Egypt. Isaac did not speak that language

Where did they learn to speak Yoruba, were they of Yoruba stock, or could Yoruba have been the default world order under which Egypt at the time was ruled?

What language did Issac speak?

1 Like

Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by Olu317(m): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2018
lawani:

1. History of Yoruba calendar does not fit into the archeological discovery of fossil human found at Iwo Eleru. So how did 10,000+ calendar fit into Yoruba calendar if not questionable?

2. Even the fossil human isn't Yoruba ancestor that have been analysed in Germany.
can you explain why?

3.The assumed Gbagyis-Nok People that some scholars claimed that some Yoruba ancestors migrated out of do not have any Calendar as old as 10,000+ years ago.
Can you explain the reason this does tally with Yoruba's?

4. The oldest boat found in Northern Nigeria is about 8,000+ years old, and did not match the calendar date with Yoruba's.
Can you explain why?

5. It is quite unbelievable with this assertion of yours claiming Hebrew are 5000+years old, because of their record. And it is Unfortunately, this assertion of yours , is untrue because the civilization of the forebears of the Hebrews developed their language around this era you mentioned as 5000+ years ago in a unique way and their ancestors had been in mesoptomia before 7000 years ago. Where did you get your information on archeology of this view?

6. Till datee the oldest temple in the world ever known is in Turkey ,which is over 11,000+years in the Middle East. Where is the claim of yoruba's calendar claiming the ancestors of all humanoid?

7 . As you can see, the claim on the Yoruba calendar is suspicious being the fact that the development of Yoruba is about 2500-3000+ years ago nd at the height around 1000AD-1100AD when Coptic Christianity entered Africa.

1 Like

Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by lawani: 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Where did they learn to speak Yoruba, were they of Yoruba stock, or could Yoruba have been the default world order under which Egypt at the time was ruled?

What language did Issac speak?
Our people spoke akokoid language in the past before a large number of Egyptians came to join us and changed our language to what it is today, a descendants of kemitic egyptian

1 Like

Re: Who Are These Yorubas? by ImperialYoruba: 4:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
lawani:
Our people spoke akokoid language in the past before a large number of Egyptians came to join us and changed our language to what it is today, a descendants of kemitic egyptian

So you are saying here that Ypruba language belonged to Egyptians but Akokoid belonged to an indigenous people that occupied this territory.

Influx of Egyptians into indogenous land then resulted in admixtures in gene and tongue.

Correct? If not please clarify to fit your input.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Masquerade Seen Dancing Zanku And Gbe Body(video) / Ikeja Royal Families Settle For New Monarch After 9 Years Of An Empty Palace / Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.