Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up (18931 Views)

Caption This Funny Photo Of Amaechi At FEC Meeting Today / Buhari Summons Emergency FEC Meeting On Monday / Twitter Outburst As Patience Jonathan Fails To Show Up At The Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Geomac: 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
Relief came the way of ministers on Friday as President Goodluck Jonathan failed to effect a cabinet shake-up as widely speculated.

Fear of cabinet shake-up had on Thursday gripped many ministers as Jonathan convened an emergency Federal Executive Council meeting.

The emergency meeting however discussed the Federal Government’s medium-term fiscal framework for 2014-2016 appropriation years.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fec-meeting-jonathan-fails-to-announce-cabinet-shake-up/

1 Like

Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Longeria(m): 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2013
Dear president

Time and space may not allow me to add the negative part of your government hence the positives and the need to correct and improve. On 28th of this month make me 41 years on earth, only in your administration I witness empty filling stations, running rails, Agriculture revolution, airport transformation, electoral reform, electricity reforms, education, roads, improved external affairs policy, etc. To me, the Nigeria you inherited is like a burnt house, not possible to rebuild in four years, your zeal and patriotism in tackling the mountainous tasks simultaneously gives me hope of light at the end of the tunnel. I make bold to urge you to disregard the intimidation and ranting of all the MERGING NUISANCE and concentrate on making the country real giant of Africa. Why change a winning team when we are striving to top African development premier league. I make bold to urge you to declare for second term, you deserve it, you will get it.

LONGERIA
Portharcourt

113 Likes

Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
grin uncle joe still dey dey ZzZleep.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Geomac: 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2013
GEJ will act very soon.
Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
make them dey speculate dey go. Gej is focused on developmental issues. Every thing is not about politics

6 Likes

Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
This headline by Punch is completely misleading. It assumes the president called the emergency meeting for cabinet changes, which is not the case.

It is wrong to say the president failed to do something when he never intended to do such thing. I tire for all these Tinubu newspapers.

21 Likes

Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I said it on this forum that when GEJ will do cabinet reshuffle, no one would know. All the speculations in May amounted to nothing. Now, the President is doing it at his own time and his own way.

I'm not really in support of frequent changes in govt. I believe people should be given time to achieve results and consolidate (for those who are working towards achieving results). I believe whole sale changes mid-way in a tenure is not a sign of a focused govt. I know the President is also an advocate of allowing appointees, who are working, sufficient time achieve results. I hope the president limits the changes to the few ministers who have been occupying space and doing minimal work or nothing. I also suspect that some ministers nominated by the few anti-GEJ governors may suffer collateral damage.

Whatever happens, I hope thepresident retains the ministers of finance, works, agriculture, aviation (if she's not interested in the Anambra polls), power, trade and investment, information and a few others.

Who knows, the meeting may even have nothing to do with cabinet changes
The above was my post last night. It has proved to be very prophetic.

FACTS: President Jonathan does not like frequent changes in govt. He believes in allowing people enough time to achieve results and consolidate.

I also think the practice of sacking a whole cabinet in between tenure is a sign of lack of focus. A focused, purposeful and determined leader is expected to pick the right team from the outset and hit the ground running. While minor changes can be made any time, it doesn't make sense to sack a whole cabinet in-between tenure.

Even in football, there are limits to the changes a team can make during a football match and even all through the competition.

I wouldn't be suprised if SOME of Jonathan's ministers continue working with him till 2019.

14 Likes

Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Geomac: 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I also think the practice of sacking a whole cabinet in between tenure is a sign of lack of focus. A focused, purposeful and determined leader is expected to pick the right team from the outset and hit the ground running. While minor changes can be made any time, it doesn't make sense to sack a whole cabinet in-between tenure.

I just have to say YES!

4 Likes

Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by awodman: 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2013
awodman: Jonathan will never reshuffle his cabinet...let's wait and see...

I said this in the thread announcing the emergency meeting..my belief is stemmed from his statement before his inauguration in 2011..he did say that he doesn't believe ministers should be relieved of their posts arbitrarily but should be allowed to see the completion of their tenure..
Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by unicon25: 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
What did you want to here.?
Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
The Q now is : why then why did he call the meeting?

1 Like

Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by lacosteIII(m): 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
na him sabi undecided
Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by condralbede(m): 10:37pm On Aug 02, 2013
He need to seek for patience's opnion first.
Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by composites(f): 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
[b][/b]Sycophancy
idnoble135: The Q now is : why then why did he call the meeting?
and boot licking in action. You may as well go to Asorock and lick his ass
Longeria: Dear president

Time and space may not allow me to add the negative part of your government hence the positives and the need to correct and improve. On 28th of this month make me 41 years on earth, only in your administration I witness empty filling stations, running rails, Agriculture revolution, airport transformation, electoral reform, electricity reforms, education, roads, improved external affairs policy, etc. To me, the Nigeria you inherited is like a burnt house, not possible to rebuild in four years, your zeal and patriotism in tackling the mountainous tasks simultaneously gives me hope of light at the end of the tunnel. I make bold to urge you to disregard the intimidation and ranting of all the MERGING NUISANCE and concentrate on making the country real giant of Africa. Why change a winning team when we are striving to top African development premier league. I make bold to urge you to declare for second term, you deserve it, you will get it.

LONGERIA
Portharcourt
Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
GEJ abeg create some lacuna so u can employ me as a mini...
Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by highlandre(m): 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
GEJ's cabinet is full of grossly incompetent individuals. This is about the first time when I can't name people manning our various ministries.

I however can't deny some very brilliant few like Aganga, Iweala, the Agriculture minister and one more.
Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by datChelseaBoy: 10:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
Jonathan now has the strongest cabinet since he assumed office in 2010. Ngozi, Dieziani Madueke, Prof. Nebo, Maku, Aganga, Odua, Chukwu etc. Jonathan really wants to make Nigeria work, but detractors are everywhere.

9 Likes

Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
All I can say is, Nigeria... E go beta
Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by manny4life(m): 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
Oga GEJ knows how to scare someone... See how he scared his ministers, thinking there was a shake up only to discuss fiscal framework of 2014...lol

4 Likes

Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Truckpusher(m): 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
Misleading topic from ACN goons and touts...smh
Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 02, 2013
[quote
author=Longeria]Dear president

Time and space may not allow me to add the negative part of your
government hence the positives and the need to correct and improve. On
28th of this month make me 41 years on earth, only in your
administration I witness empty filling stations, running rails,
Agriculture revolution, airport transformation, electoral reform,
electricity reforms, education, roads, improved external affairs policy,
etc. To me, the Nigeria you inherited is like a burnt house, not
possible to rebuild in four years, your zeal and patriotism in tackling
the mountainous tasks simultaneously gives me hope of light at the end
of the tunnel. I make bold to urge you to disregard the intimidation and
ranting of all the MERGING NUISANCE and concentrate on making the
country real giant of Africa. Why change a winning team when we are
striving to top African development premier league. I make bold to urge
you to declare for second term, you deserve it, you will get it.

LONGERIA
Portharcourt [/quote]

At ur age?

3 Likes

Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by Opey4luv(m): 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2013
Re: FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up by chucky234(m): 11:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
Jona the son of Goodluck....... clueless as ever
Why make such speculation public before calling for a FEC meeting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dickson Accuses Pro-jonathan Group Of Destabilising Bayelsa / Court Orders Buhari, Osinbajo To Tell Nigerians Names Of All Suspected Looters / 2019: No Credible Candidate Besides Buhari – Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.