Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation (55015 Views)

Gtbank Documents Show How Saraki Transferred $3 Million To U.S. / #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin / Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
[size=15pt]How much Federal Allocation does Lagos get compared to Anambra?

What's the population of Lagos compared to Anambra?

What is the employment rate of Lagos compared to Anambra?

So why is Anambra allowed to deport Non-Anambrans (children beggars for that matter)?[/size]

Has anyone answered these questions?

If so, repost the answer. I must have missed it.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by TheBookWorm: 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
Sad...
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
[size=15pt]Onlytruth PUBLICLY BOASTED that Anambra has a social program for homeless and beggars.

Why is it so hard for Anambra to take care of its almijiris?

However, the almajiris were reunited with families, so why the noise?

Also, tell me why Anambra public service was not allowed to be utilized by Non-Anambrans.

Why were Non-Anambrans deported by Peter Obi? [/size]

Let me repost this question for the few brave Ibos on NL

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
Anyway, when is baby_hoesisi going to come out and battle our amazon warrior, Texas_cowgirl?

This is the grand finale, mother of all battles, battle of Waterloo and battle of Antietam in one!!

Where art thou, baby_osisi?!?!? grin

Let's get it!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by coogar: 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
pato station:
I hear you! What makes you think that you cannot be a destitute tomorrow even though you may be fine today? What makes you think that those your relatives in London cannot suddenly become bankrupt and destitute?

not in this lifetime.....
people don't just become destitutes, homeless, hungry and nakëd. you are a troglodyte comparing me to your homeless kinsmen in lagos.

shouldn't you as an igboman be ashamed people from your village are begging alms in lagos. if you are against their removal, why not house them? why not advise them to go back to onitsha and start a new life?
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
St_Black: fellas , here is the LATEST development:

Anytime you meet a lier on NL, just simply say to d person:
" why are you OBIING me"
..that will get others cracking like this: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin .

pls dont forget d word each time u catch any lier claiming whats not his/her.
*ROTFLMAO*
so that was funny? ur family must be drowning in boredom.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Has anyone answered these questions?

If so, repost the answer. I must have missed it.

What happened to you? I didnt know you was this tribalistic...
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by somegirl1: 9:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
coogar:

they would not leave voluntarily - they have to be forcibly removed.....

Then makes it wrong. Their families not the government should collect and keep them.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
El-Rufai:

Unemployment rate in Anambra is among the highest in the South-east zone, at 21.3 per cent, it is higher than the national average of 21.1 per cent. Imo’s unemployment rate is 29.9 per cent and Enugu is 15 per cent. The state has tried to reduce unemployment through its Anambra Integrated Development Strategy (ANIDS) and the Anambra Youth Reorientation and Empowerment Program (ANSYREP), but the problem with these programmes is that they contribute very little to the production base of the state.

The incidence of poverty in the state is very high – actually disappointing. The South-east has a food poor incidence of 41.0 per cent of which 60.9 per cent is absolutely poor, while 66.5 per cent is relatively poor and 56.8 per cent live under a dollar a day. Anambra has a poverty index of 22.8 per cent, the third highest in the zone, and shares the sixth lowest position in Nigeria with Rivers State which also has 22.8 per cent. About 47.6 per cent of the state’s population is core poor, 45.0 per cent is moderately poor and only 7.4 per cent of the state’s population is classified as none poor. Income inequality as measured by changes in Gini co-efficient between 2003 and 2010 increased slightly by 7.6 per cent as against 18.1 per cent for Ebonyi and Enugu States 7.5 per cent increase.

The people of Anambra State are known to be brilliant, enterprising and resourceful. Most of Nigera's brightest professors, writers, public servants and politicians hailed from the state. One would expect that given this enterprising spirit, the state would create conditions conducive to innovation, business and development. This is not the case, out of the five South-eastern states, Anambra has the fourth lowest ranking for ease of doing business; it was at a distant 35th position out of the 36 states and FCT in 2010. Starting a business involves nine procedures that may span 39 days. Enugu with the best doing business ranking in the zone, takes the 30th position of the 36 states, while Imo is ranked 36, as the most difficult state to do business both in the South-east and nationally.

The 2012 budget for the state is N82.5 billion as against N66.9 billion in 2011, representing a 23.2 per cent increase. N46.8 billion (57%) is apportioned for capital expenditure, and N35.7 billion (43%) is for recurrent expenditure. Analysing the recurrent budget further, N9.2 billion or (26%) is set aside for Consolidated Revenue Fund Charges, N16.3 billion (45%) for personnel costs, N7.4 billion (21%) for overhead costs and N2.8 billion (8%) as subvention to parastatals/ tertiary institutions. Anambra’s total IGR for 2012 is projected at N12 billion, the same figure as was projected in 2011. This means, while its expenditure has increased, the state has not enhanced its capacity to collect or expand its tax base.

The two major contributors to IGR in 2012 will be N6.7 billion from taxes and about N4 billion from fines and fees. If this IGR is measured against the states projected personnel costs of N16.3 billion, Anambra cannot pay its staff salaries without reliance on federal allocation; this means it is one of those ‘dependent’ states and is not economically viable for independent existence.
The 2012 budget will be funded by projected capital receipts of N47 billion, N12 billion as IGR and N36 billion as FAAC allocations, bringing total revenues to N95 billion, out of which N12.3 billion would be transferred to Capital Development Fund. In sectoral terms, N28.2 billion (34.2%) is allocated to the economic sector, N24.2 billion (29.4%) to the social sector, N9.7 billion (11.82%) for the environmental sector and N20.2 billion (24.52%) for general administration.

The education sub sector is allocated N10.99 billion. The state has a longstanding reputation of being an educationally advanced state: it has at least nine institutions of higher learning, its literacy rate is comparatively high, in a 2010 NBS literacy survey, youth literacy in the state was said to be 92.9 per cent and adult literacy at 74.0%. However, compared to its South-east neighbours, the state has the third lowest adult literacy amongst the five states, Abia has 78.2 per cent, Imo 80.8 per cent, Enugu with 64.6 per cent and Ebonyi with 69.8 per cent. This means that in education terms, Anambra is performing poorer than most other states in its region. From this regional perspective, it means investment in education urgently needs attention and ought to be ramped up.

A meagre N1.4 billion is budgeted for health, and considering that health should be the core focus of any state government, this amount is barely adequate. From this sum, it is evident that the government has misplaced priorities, apportioning only 1.7 per cent of the entire budget to a sector that directly affects the livelihood of all of its populace.

Agriculture is apportioned N1.4 billion, an evidence of misplaced priorities: with figures like these, it is no surprise that unemployment in the state is high. How can a state government allocate only 1.7 per cent of its entire budget to agriculture in a rural state? Unemployment can be tackled effectively with agriculture if the value chain challenges in food and cash crops production are tackled.

The housing sub sector will get N1.8 billion, the government plans to partner the private sector in providing more residential accommodation, a core focus will be on completing all existing projects. This is commendable.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anambras-budget-of-misplaced-priorities/117510/

Peter Obi responded:
It is an insult to the Igbo race to openly or even remotely suggest that any part of Igbo land is the poorest in the country. This negates our resourcefulness and ingenuity as a people.

“Honestly, I do not know what propels him or what interest he is protecting. We need people to help to assess and validate what we’re doing. We’re on course and we’re doing the right things

http://www.punchng.com/news/el-rufai-insulted-igbo-race-obi/

Peter Obi is not only a liar, he's a bigot too. Obi's line of defense to anything is ethnic card. He's a disgrace to governance. Fasola has exposed the bigotry in Obi for world to see. Can you imagine a governor whose government carried out this (see quote below) complaining bitterly about a well thought out policy that's being implemented in Lagos and Akwa-Ibom:

29 of such women who displayed their children as strategy for getting alms have already been arrested in Awka and Onitsha, and repatriated to their home states; Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom states.

The state commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development, Dr. Ego Cordelia Uzoezie, disclosed Friday in Awka when a middle-aged woman was arrested for begging with nine children at various points in Awka.
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/9600/2011/12/04/anambra_orders_arrest_child_beggars.html

Obi is a shameless bigot who likes to preach the direct opposite of his actions. Do as I say but ignore my actions! Obi is a fraud, a liar, a bigot, a failure etc

2 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
[size=18pt]
We discovered a letter from. Lagos govt to anambra titled: "Integration of. Beggars/Destitute with their parents" dated 9th April; Anambra govt reply asking for the supply of identities was dated 15th April; Lagos compliance attaching list as requested and inviting Anambra govt to visit rehab and identify claimers was dated 29th April.
[/size]

Letter dated since [size=18pt]APRIL [/size] 2013 shocked shocked

Since April of 2013.....Obi neither discussed the issues in the letter, nor did he acknowledge that his people needed state's help.

No, Obi came out almost 5 months later to deny that he was approached.
nrd_geek:

We asked for evidence, we've gotten it. Lets hear what Anambra has to say.
Just hope they don't lie again.
Nigerians will lie, even when they've made it halfway through the gate of heaven!! grin grin grin grin

Sorry who are you?

That's no evidence, if you got an Evidence, you won't need a response from Anambra State Govt. cause it will not be doubtful.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
Chrisjane: Apart from the 14 Anambarians, why did Fashola deport 58 persons who re nt Anambarians?
Why 3am in the morning?
Why were they packed like sardines in a truck?
Why break the fundamental human rights in enforcing his so called 'rehabilitation'?
NIGERIANS, we know the truth but we 've been blinded by tribalism. Let's not be prejudiced. Speak UP and nt OUT!!

Shut up your mouth!

Lagos deported the numbers of people on the list....it's your Ibo journalists from Sun and Vanguard newspapers writing 70... They should explain where they get the bogus figure from...

You expect them to be reunited using Aero airline?

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by 2mch(m): 9:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
Prof Corruption: El-Rufai:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anambras-budget-of-misplaced-priorities/117510/

Peter Obi responded:

http://www.punchng.com/news/el-rufai-insulted-igbo-race-obi/

Peter Obi is not only a liar, he's a bigot too. Obi's line of defense to anything is ethnic card. He's a disgrace to governance. Fasola has exposed the bigotry in Obi for world to see. Can you imagine a governor whose governor carried out this (see quote below) complaining bitterly about a well thought out policy that's being implemented in Lagos and Akwa-Ibom:

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/9600/2011/12/04/anambra_orders_arrest_child_beggars.html

[size=28pt]Obi is a shameless bigot who likes to preach the direct opposite of his actions. Do as I say but ignore my actions! Obi is a fraud, a liar, a bigot, a failure etc[/size]
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Youngtekkey(m): 9:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
don401: I think nairaland is full of senseless people. Obi is liar screams cowards("y"people). Fashola releases bulshit claimin to inform anambra gov dats crap.sue d hell out of dat foolish lasg. Dumpin nigerians in middle of no where by 3am(how many onitsha people wia dia?). Wat hapns to normal day. If u supports fashola's discrimination, may God have mercy on U. Fact wat lasg did ws not good simple. I don't see any reason 4 all dis "obi is a liar shit".wat did he liar bout? He jst said d truth or is lagos only state wit beggas? Fashola or wat he calls himself shud knw he will neva get any votes from ibo people . "Y"people are very irritatin,dirty set of cowards. Mchew
mumu clap for urself u really tried and who teach u all this piece of crap fashola wey no get una time stupid people go to ur state hen make i remind u don't bother coming to lagos if u want to come and resume that ur almagiri work oooooo lazy bufoon
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Midastouch1: 9:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
Nebeuwa: Deportation within one's own country coupled with this Ladipo fiasco. Of course Igbos will be angry.
Who really cares if you are angry. You are all angry by nature. No matter what Ndigbo are angry people - add jealousy and envy to it- All Pafuka grin

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
[size=25pt]REVEREND SISTER ADAOBI...DID THEY TEACH YOU HOW TO LIE SHAMELESSLY DURING MASS SERVICE? [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
shymexx:

That's not hoesisi.

I know all my female Igbo stalkers. grin

They're 3, and no matter how they change and create new handles - I know who they are.

They just want to be dycked down and ghetto-gagged by ya boy! grin wink

oh well, just ignore all the lady said....don't take it to heart.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
ilugunboy: [size=25pt]REVEREND SISTER OBI...DID THEY TEACH YOU HOW TO LIE SHAMELESSLY DURING MASS SERVICE? [/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
[size=15pt]If I were a politician and I receive a letter that my people needed urgent care and since I have the facilities and resources to care for them, they would be amongst my top priority.

With superman liar Peter Obi, the reverse is the case.

This man without integrity even came out to deny the letter shocked shocked shocked[/size]

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 02, 2013
ilugunboy: [size=25pt]REVEREND SISTER ADAOBI...DID THEY TEACH YOU HOW TO LIE SHAMELESSLY DURING MASS SERVICE? [/size]

Seems like you were recently rejected by a girl named Adaobi!
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Youngtekkey(m): 9:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
[size=18pt][/size]

Letter dated since [size=18pt]APRIL [/size] 2013 shocked shocked

Since April of 2013.....Obi neither discussed the issues in the letter, nor did he acknowledge that his people needed state's help.

No, Obi came out almost 3 months later to deny that he was approached.
lets deviate from this topic a little madam did u have an husband or a boy friend ma will like to know
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
KenGali:

Seems like you were recently rejected by a girl named Adaobi!

Tufikawa!!!!

Half of Ibo girls will be lining up on Sanusi Fanfunwa and environs tonite.....don't ask me what they are doing there.

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

What happened to you? I didnt know you was this tribalistic...
cross check ur grammar before posting grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
April

May

June

July

August

Cheeiiiii ............ shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
[size=18pt]Shouting does not make a fake mere acknowledgment letter that says absolutely nothing definite relevant[/size]

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by jacintamary: 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
[size=18pt]i am sure that if fashola wakes up one morning and tells yoruba people dat he is a former US president and shows them a document to prove it, they will all turn to igbo people and say 'i told u so!'[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
EasternLeopard: [color=#006600][/color] The one ur Fathers stole from Imo Abia Rivers Bayelsa Delta Akwa Ibom etc through ilegal oil wells and fuel subsidies.
you mean jonathan;the man from the SS??
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
April

May

June

July

August

Obi is a heartless man..

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by 2mch(m): 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
April

May

June

July

August

[size=28pt]A whole 4 months of silence and neglect by Obi the lying governor.[/size] shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Tufikawa!!!!

Half of Ibo girls will be lining up on Sanusi Fanfunwa and environs tonite.....don't ask me what they are doing there.
In the Same place you will find Double their numbers as Yoruba Girls! grin grin grin grin
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by 2mch(m): 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
jacintamary: [size=18pt]i am sure that if fashola wakes up one morning and tells yoruba people dat he is a former US president and shows them a document to prove it, they will all turn to igbo people and say 'i told u so!'[/size]

This is a dry attempt. [size=28pt]Did Obi lie or not?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
[size=15pt]Letter was sent in

April.....

Obi had

May

June

July

August

To respond to the letter.

Obi, however, denied being consulted after the Ibo almajiris had been reunited with family. [/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (40) (Reply)

FG Warns Buhari Against Running Parallel Government / Picture Dont Lie-buhari at 10 Downing Street / Wonderful Question From PDP On Brass Results (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.