Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong (1320 Views)

Cape Verde - Where Governor Oshiomhole Marry From. / Fashola Got Tongue Lashed For Saying*lagos Won't Vote For GEJ* / Fashola Got His San From Salami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Delafruita(m): 9:32pm On Aug 02, 2013
Anambra Deportation:Where Governor Fashola got it wrong

Afolabi Olayinka

Its no longer news that Governor Fashola is always in the News. It is a fact that aside from President Goodluck Jonathan, no other elected official consistently makes the news like Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola of Lagos state which in itself wouldn’t have been noteworthy had it not been for the fact that he makes the news for more positive reasons than negative which is more than we can say for most of his collegues. It therefore Wasn’t suprising that Governor Fashola made the news when claims were made that Lagos State Government “deported” 70 people to Anambra State. It was also reported that these individuals were holed up in facilities for 6months prior to their “deportation”.

As is fast becoming the trend, social media took up the mantle of fighting the “injustice”. Some took offence at the “deportation” of the “destitute”, others had issues with the time the “Anambra 70” were “delivered” and some praised the LASG for its efforts at making Lagos destitute-free. The Lagos State Government on its part has come out to defend itself by claiming it didn’t deport anyone but rather took it upon itself to re-unite the “Anambra 70” with their families. The LASG has presented evidence to show that there was indeed correspondence between her and the Government of Anambra on plans to return the “destitutes” to their states of origin. However, these correspondence don’t include any in which it was agreed that the “destitutes” be left at bridgehead at 3am.

There have been unconfirmed claims that the reason they were left there is because there were no officials from Anambra State Government to receive them which is suprising since they arrived at 3am in the morning. Besides, bridgehead is less than 30mins drive from the Government House which would have been a better, more secure place to leave the “destitutes". The LASG has still not explained why it left the 70 in Anambra when its own records indicate that only 14 of that number were indigenes of Anambra State.

It is unfortunate that in this matter, argument has been substituted for fact. if the army of social media analysts can take a moment to analyse the facts of the matter, they would realize things have really gotten bad in this country. The facts are so simple it’s disheartening people are still interested in arguments for and against. Here are a few facts-
• Nigeria is an indivisible entity which is governed according to our Constitution
• According to section 1(3) of the 1999 Constitution, the Constitution is supreme and if any law is in conflict with it, the Constitution will reign and the other law will for the purpose of that consistency be voided
• According to section 41(1) of the 1999 constitution “every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely and to reside in any part thereof”
This simply means that a person has the right to stay wherever he wants in Nigeria. He can choose to be a destitute in lagos,kano,imo or benue and it will be illegal for the governments of any of those states to expel him. If he resorts to crime,then it becomes the duty of the police to flush him out and hand him over to the judiciary for justice to be served. No state has the right to send anyone to anywhere irrespective of whether they communicated with the receiving state or not. A day might come when the laws will change but till that day comes, it will be wrong for anyone to defend the actions of the LASG.

Honestly,I admire the resolve of Governor Fashola to make Lagos into a mega-city which it deservedly should be and I have in my own way supported a lot of his actions but it is important he realizes that the law should be followed to the letter. No single sentence, phrase or clause in our Constitution backs up the action of the LASG or any other Government which has in the past taken such actions. If we are to evolve into the society we crave for, the law should be our guide. The “anambra 70” don’t have the avenue to fight this injustice and even if they did, I doubt they’d have the wherewithal and resources to take on the LASG. Governor Peter Obi is currently threatening fire and brimstone but as is their usual way, politicians settle matters over bottles of champagne. It lies with us the people to condemn this act fiercely.

On a final note, I am certain Governor Fashola is an excellent administrator. Unfortunately, his plans are hindered in many ways by the Nigerian arrangement. But then he shouldn’t get carried away into thinking Lagos is a country because it is not. The Nigerian system is not perfect but the reality is Lagos State remains a part of the Nigerian arrangement and MUST conduct itself within the confines of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

http://afolayinka./

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by ChiefTapioca: 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ok Mumu Author, tell us where Peter Obi the Pathological LIAR got it right..

grin
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Delafruita(m): 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
Chief Tapioca: Ok Mumu Author, tell us where Peter Obi the Pathological LIAR got it right..

grin
perhaps you need to go back to school to learn basic comprehension skills

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by IGBOSON1: 10:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
Delafruita:
perhaps you need to go back to school to learn basic comprehension skills

^^^Too late! That ship has sailed as far as he's concerned.....notice the way he's grinning from ear to ear for no reason like a deranged chesire cat?
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Delafruita(m): 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Too late! That ship has sailed as far as he's concerned.....notice the way he's grinning from ear to ear for no reason like a deranged chesire cat?
lol.i doubt he even understood what the write-up was about
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Jisunpack: 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
Afolayinka word press? Another shameless ibo claiming south west. God strike me to death if I read this thrash more than one line.

After exposing Peter Ada~Obi as the shameless bigot he is. *spits!
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by austinsmat(m): 10:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
somebody should help me is Lagos a contry of his own or inside,Nigeria why deporting a Nigerian inside Nigeria
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
I knew all along that majority of the yorubas will reject and condemn the actions of Fashola the kidnapper. The few Tinubu's rats supporting the kidnap and deportation of Nigerians in their country on NL do not in ANYWAY represent the yorubas. They only represent their pockets and their master, Tinubu.

Kudos to the author for staying with the TRUTH.

Meanwhile, the war on Fashola, the kidnapper and deporter, will continue until he apologises for his wickedness.
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Delafruita(m): 10:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ji_sun_pack: Afolayinka word press? Another shameless ibo claiming south west. God strike me to death if I read this thrash more than one line.

After exposing Peter Ada~Obi as the shameless bigot he is. *spits!
i thought of responding then sighted your signature.the conji has fuddled with your reasoning

1 Like

Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Jisunpack: 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: [s]I knew all along that majority of the yorubas will reject and condemn the actions of Fashola the kidnapper. The few Tinubu's rats supporting the kidnap and deportation of Nigerians in their country on NL do not in ANYWAY represent the yorubas. They only represent their pockets and their master, Tinubu.

Meanwhile, the war on Fashola, the kidnapper and deporter, will continue until he apologises for his wickedness[/s].

worthless nonsense from a bigoted paid ibo toad. Yorubas are now awake like the mummies return, ready to beat you to your bigotry.
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Delafruita(m): 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I knew all along that majority of the yorubas will reject and condemn the actions of Fashola the kidnapper. The few Tinubu's rats supporting the kidnap and deportation of Nigerians in their country on NL do not in ANYWAY represent the yorubas. They only represent their pockets and their master, Tinubu.

Meanwhile, the war on Fashola, the kidnapper and deporter, will continue until he apologises for his wickedness.
fashola is a great administrator but he goofed in this case.no government has the right to deport anyone under the guise of "reuniting them with their families".
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Delafruita(m): 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ji_sun_pack:

worthless nonsense from a bigoted paid ibo toad. Yorubas are now awake like the mummies return, ready to beat you to your bigotry.

if you have nothing meaningful to contribute,perhaps you should go back to whatever it is you were doing
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by dayokanu(m): 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
Another worthless piece from an Ibo impostor
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by kenbee(f): 10:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
PRIDE!
Despite all that had happened, if Fashola can do away with pride and tender unreserved apology to Nigerians for the action of his officials.
tribal politics aside, BRF is wrong on this.
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Delafruita(m): 10:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
dayokanu: Another worthless piece from an Ibo impostor
really?is fashola now a god that can do no wrong?i admire the man but how does our nation move forward if we are blinded by bigotry and the practise of "i must support him whether he is right or wrong"?

the law is clear.nigeria is one indivisible entity in which every citizen is guaranteed the right to live anywhere whether he is a millionaire or a destitute,entrepreneur or street hawker..no state government is allowed by law to expel anyone under the guise of rehabilitation.its illegal

1 Like

Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by ACM10: 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2013
I predict that. . .

*Mukina will ignore this thread.

*OAM4J will dump it at racial section any moment from now.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by dayokanu(m): 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
Delafruita: really?is fashola now a god that can do no wrong?i admire the man but how does our nation move forward if we are blinded by bigotry and the practise of "i must support him whether he is right or wrong"?

the law is clear.nigeria is one indivisible entity in which every citizen is guaranteed the right to live anywhere whether he is a millionaire or a destitute,entrepreneur or street hawker..no state government is allowed by law to expel anyone under the guise of rehabilitation.its illegal

Fashola is right 100% here. Reuniting destitute with their families

Same thing Peter Obi, Akpabio, FCT have done in the past without much noise
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
shame on fashola. Shame on every one who doesnt have the ball to condenm this oppression of the poor. Fashola/acn/apc/cpc/tinubu/buhari are regional war lords that can never smell the presidency
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Delafruita(m): 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2013
dayokanu:

Fashola is right 100% here. Reuniting destitute with their families

Same thing Peter Obi, Akpabio, FCT have done in the past without much noise
even if oi,akpabio and fct did it,it doesnt make it legal.i still dont understand how leaving people at 3am transmits to reuniting them with their families.besides,the correspondence indicated that only 14 were indigenes of anambra.why leave all the 70 there knowing that 56 of them are still a long way from home?
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by dayokanu(m): 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
Delafruita: even if oi,akpabio and fct did it,it doesnt make it legal.i still dont understand how leaving people at 3am transmits to reuniting them with their families.besides,the correspondence indicated that only 14 were indigenes of anambra.why leave all the 70 there knowing that 56 of them are still a long way from home?

So if the bus was held up in traffic and gets to Anambra at 3am, You mean they should wait with them till 3pm or Fashola should go lodge them in Transcorp Hilton Onitsha?

Dont worry the next set of deportees for the month of August would be flown home in private jets

1 Like

Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Jisunpack: 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
Delafruita:
if you have nothing meaningful to contribute,perhaps you should go back to whatever it is you were doing

Arrant nonsense! Peter Obi the shameless lair has been exposed. No amount of damage control can save him. When you are in hole, you should stop digging.
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ji_sun_pack:

Of course yorubas are the masters of bigotry anytime, any day, anywhere and will always excel in bigotry.
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Delafruita(m): 10:39pm On Aug 02, 2013
dayokanu:

So if the bus was held up in traffic and gets to Anambra at 3am, You mean they should wait with them till 3pm or Fashola should go lodge them in Transcorp Hilton Onitsha?

Dont worry the next set of deportees for the month of August would be flown home in private jets
if thats your defense to the horrible treatment meted to those individuals then i must say am disapointed. in the first instance,taking them out of lagos was illegal.taking them to anambra was illegal then the officials wilfully endangered the lives of those individuals by leaving them to their fate at that ungodly hour.if your only defence to that outrageous action is the above,i weep for this country
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by dayokanu(m): 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
Delafruita:
if thats your defense to the horrible treatment meted to those individuals then i must say am disapointed. in the first instance,taking them out of lagos was illegal.taking them to anambra was illegal then the officials wilfully endangered the lives of those individuals by leaving them to their fate at that ungodly hour.if your only defence to that outrageous action is the above,i weep for this country

Picked someone from Lagos street and drop them in Onitsha street is endangering their life?

Ok for Ibo logic
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Jisunpack: 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
ACM10: I predict that. . .

*Mukina will ignore this thread.

*OAM4J will dump it at racial section any moment from now.

They should take this thrash written by an ibo bigot masquerading as a Yoruba man where? May be too much of rotten starch called akpu has affected your thinking faculty.
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by tpia5: 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
who is quoting the constitution there?

so because you have access to the internet, you forgot Fashola is a lawyer?

abi because he smiles everytime, se nyen lo f'arifin?
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
dayokanu:

The fact is that this issue of destitution, beggars and lunatics on the streets should be looked at nationally may be even by the Senate as it affects the entire nation. Those deported people might already have returned to Lagos as we I write! A more long lasting measure has to be put in place.

FACT.
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Delafruita(m): 10:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ji_sun_pack:

Arrant nonsense! Peter Obi the shameless lair has been exposed. No amount of damage control can save him. When you are in hole, you should stop digging.
pray tell how peter obi has been exposed.the actions of the LASG were illegal in all ramifications.publishing a few letters as backup for such illegality is only a desperate attempt at saving face.besides the letters have only further damaged the image of the LASG
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Delafruita(m): 10:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
dayokanu:

Picked someone from Lagos street and drop them in Onitsha street is endangering their life?

Ok for Ibo logic
at 3am in the morning?and the other 56 who are not indigenes of anambra?
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by dayokanu(m): 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
Delafruita:

Tell us if they got there at 3am, they should sit down with them for gyration till its 3pm?
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by Delafruita(m): 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
tpia@:
who is quoting the constitution there?

so because you have access to the internet, you forgot Fashola is a lawyer?

abi because he smiles everytime, se nyen lo f'arifin?

so because fashola is a lawyer he knows more about the law than the constitution of the federal republic of nigeria abi.as they say, its better to know where to find the law than to know the law.our constitution is our guide and its supreme and according to that constitution,the actions of the LASG were illegal
Re: Anambra Deportation:where Governor Fashola Got It Wrong by tpia5: 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2013
Delafruita:

what time do the thousands of overnight buses arrive there?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thousands Rally For Egypt’s Morsi In Northern Nigeria / Gov Suntai Speaks Briefly On Videotape •tape Played On Taraba Television / Ngige Will Win Anambra Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.