Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam (13055 Views)

Around 5,000 British People Convert To Islam Every Year, Theguardian / 7 Satanic Strategies To Distract Man From Christianity / From Christianity To Deism And Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by PastorKun(m): 6:54am On Aug 09, 2013
@Zarian
Which war did Moses fight You people should stop lying against the bible to justify what is wrong with your religion. Moses never fought any war.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Emusan(m): 7:49am On Aug 09, 2013
Rashe: i quoted 4rm d bible cos dere ar some elements of truth
Then you neglect the rest because it has been diluted, what gave you assurance the one you quoted is not the one that being diluted?

in it and even prophet Mohammed did mention of it dat we shd believe in all d book given 2 d prophet be it Moses, David, JESUS.
If Muhammad says you should quote from book, did he says you should quote verse 1 and leave verse 2 of the same book you quoted from?

Some christian even confirm dat d bible
had being diluted and good examples ar d jehovah witness which result in neglectin som verses 4rm d diluted bible.e.g non-cruxificatn..4rm my own point of view, u ar suppose 2 question d0se people hw dy know d bible is bein diluted and formin dere own bible which brought d belief/idea of non-cruxificatn in their own bible and other false tins b4 criticizin d muslims and d quran in general.

If some people say Bible has been diluted so you need to follow their saying and not to verify it yourself.......you made mistake with this....

See what Bible says about them:

1 Corin 2:1:-13 "10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

So as everyone willeth let him/her twisteth Bible for his/her own interest every man's work will be revealed by fire.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 7:59am On Aug 09, 2013
F00028:
here is something: a 7th century Arab declares that the universe is expanding. keep in mind that this was something scientists only "discovered" 1,300 years later in the in the 20th century after the invention of the hubble.
is that extraordinary?

Greek philosophers that lived like a thousand years before the koran was written have made very incredible predictions about the cosmos. ..Example Democritus stated that the stars contain other worlds and now we just found out that the stars actually have planets revolving round them. . .Does that means his statement was inspired by the geek god Zeus?. . .

Is this all you have?. . .Keep joking. . .
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Emusan(m): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2013
Zarian5:
* Since Jesus said “I will pray the Father, and he shall give you ANOTHER comforter” it means Jesus was the first comforter,

You're reason now.

another comforter would have to be a man like him not Holy Spirit.

Did Jesus say so or just a mere assumption by you?

* The Bible says that the Holy Spirit was already there on earth before and during the time of Jesus.
Then I charge you, what is the HolyGhost?

But Jesus said the Comforter will only come if he (Jesus) depart. “Nonetheless I tell you the truth: it is expedient that I go away: for if I go not away, the comforter will not come unto you: but if I depart I will send him unto you” John 16:7 Therefore the Comforter is not the Holy Spirit.
If you answer my question above I will reply this.

*Jesus said the promised comforter will teach “all things” did the Holy Spirit teach anything?

Who wrote the Bible and gave all the apostles wisdom?

*“That he may abide with you forever” this does not mean that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) will live physically on earth forever. No it means that his teachings will remain intact, uncorrupted till the end of time. This is why the Quran (unlike the Bible) has never been tempered with since its revelation 1400yrs ago.

You err..now is not muhammad it is his teaching why Jesus didn't mention his teaching? Hypocrite.

*Jesus did not call himself ‘Son of God’. According to NRSV Bible Jesus called himself ‘son of man’ 84 times, people and paul called him ‘son of God’ 63 times.
Hmmm another dimension from my brethen. Mahdino says muslims didn't deny Jesus as a Son of God. Hehhh

*The fact that Jesus prophesy the coming of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) does not mean that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) will do everything exactly as Jesus did.
Shaking my head for whereas Jesus fulfilled all the prophecy about Him.

Infact according to the prophesy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is expected to do and teach ‘many things’ which Jesus didn't do.

You missed "to do Jesus' will' ".....he shall not speak of himself;...."

Read John 16:12-14:
"I have yet many things to say unto you, but YE CANNOT BEAR THEM NOW. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is
come, HE WILL GUIDE YOU UNTO ALL TRUTH: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

You even fear enough unlike some people they won't quote the full verse. @bold-what about Jesus that Muhammad glorified?

The Sprit of Truth, spoken about in this prophecy referes to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

What you failed to understand is that, even Muhammad read Bible but yet he didn't claim this, but answer my question on who Holyghost is before I know what to say.

*Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not die of food poisening.

Hmmmm

* Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not dwell with the Apostles. The Holy Spirit which dwelt with them cannot be the promised comforter based on John16:7 as i mentioned above.

Then if Muhammad didn't dwell with them is not what Jesus is talking about. Acts 1:8 But ye shall recieve power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me(Jesus) both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" you can see Jesus fully understand who the HolyGhost is.

* ‘And shall be in you’ this does not mean that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) will be living inside anybody.

Yes he will live inside us.

Compare this with John 17:21"They (the disciples) all may be one; as Thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us."
Does this mean that Jesus will be living inside God, God will be living inside Jesus and the Disciples will be living INSIDE both God and Jesus?

Just a question, does your word live inside you or outside?

*If this prophesy refers to the Holy Spirit, not a man then why the use of the pronouns ‘he’, ‘him’ not ‘it,’ its?

Why the same pronouns used for God?

*The word ‘Spirit’ according to the Bible can be used for a Prophet. It's more likely that was only word used. ‘Holy’ could be a later insertion. I will bring evidence for my last assertion

Yes the follow verse every spirit that confess Jesus come in flesh...remember you claim Jesus is human being, then what does it mean to come in flesh?

I have said it stop supporting your lies with Bible it doesn't favour either.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Emusan(m): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2013
Zarian5:
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not deny that Jesus is come of flesh.

See you because you see flesh there you quickly said he corfirmed His brith. Do you know what is mean to come in flesh and is Jesus the Son of God?

Therefore he is not an anticirist. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did confirm the miraculous birth of Jesus which even some more than day christians deny.

Then if Muhammad confirmed the birth of Jesus it means Jesus is the Son of God, right?
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by enilove(m): 9:15am On Aug 09, 2013
@zarian5
The pronoun "he" is used for d Holy Spirit because d Holy Spirit is a personality.
There are instances in the Bible where "he"is used for the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:7-11 KJV
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. [8] For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; [9] To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; [10] To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: [11] But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he(Holy Spirit) will.

Another Comforter was used by Jesus because he was from God directly;
Matthew 1:18 KJV
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Jesus Christ cannot be compared with any human beings.He is the Son of God Almighty and he is God.
He told the Pharisees that he had been living even b4 Abraham came to be in;
John 8:54-58 KJV
Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: [55] Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. [56] Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it , and was glad. [57] Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? [58] Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Here is a revelation given to John after Jesus had ascended to heaven.
Revelation 1:18-19 KJV
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. [19] Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

When we talk of holiness,we mean sainthood.
Was muhammed in anyway near being called a saint? Talkless of saying he was the Holy Spirit.
Even though the Bible gave account of how Jesus again told the disciples to wait in Jerusalem for the coming of the Holy Spirit ,who later came on the day of the Pentecost,still you are saying Muhammed was being referred to.

The truth is ,all the prophets of God in the Bible cannot be compared with muhammed.
There is no way God will use somebody like muhammed as a prophet in d Bible.

His life history makes one to wonder why it is hard for some people not to knowledge who muhammed was.
The problem of the Boko haram,d Osama Bin Ladin,the destruction of world trade centre,d killings of innocent souls arround the world by the Islamic terrorists etc is known as "by their fruit you shall know them".
To some muslims that is the holiness in muhammed.He was a comforter of the DEVIL.

You said muhammed did not die through poison.
What about the evidence in Bukhari's Hadith 5:394, narrated by Abu Huraire that muhammed died as a result of being poisoned after his attack on Khaebar.

Another account is in Sunan Abu Dawud,book 39 no 4498 which reads:
"So he ( the prophet ) sent for d Jew ( and said to her ) What motivated you to do the work you have done?She said: If you are a prophet,it will not harm you,but if you were a king, I should rid the people of you.
The apostle of allah,then ordered tegarding her and she was killed.He ,then said about the pain of which he DIED :' I continue to feel pain from the morsel which I had eaten at khaybar.This is the time when it has cut off my aorta."
I did not write d above account.
That is the muslim holy spirit and comforter killing and being poisoned.

Did muhammed not say you can beat your wife / wives in Sura 4: 34? That is holyness.

If you see this thread as offensive or a kind of argument,it will be a sad thing.

Life is not something to gamble with.

Pray to your Creator regarding Islam and Christianity. God is a good God ,He will not lead you astray.

Once more ,Jesus is Lord.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Rexyl(m): 10:19am On Aug 09, 2013
Christain/islam claiming the same source but really established by different convenants. Are people really doing what God wants from them?

It is just the way and plan of God differ from man's own. Also loving the world can not be combined with loving God. And all should be careful about the way that seems good to man but the end is death. Also God cannot be served with Mammon. Not knowing what God demands from you ln your faith and acting accordingly conotes walking in darkness that will eventually results in spiritual death. The Bible through the message of Christ reveals what exactly God demands from Man in very simple and clear terms without any controversy. It is left to individuals to understand God through His word and know His intent for man. He is God of peace and love. Follow me to learn from the word of God https://www.nairaland.com/1228355/sunday-school-lessons-what-gain

Christianity unifies believers as children of God and makes it possible to obtain His salvation.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 11:57am On Aug 09, 2013
mazaje:

Greek philosophers that lived like a thousand years before the koran was written have made very incredible predictions about the cosmos. ..Example Democritus stated that the stars contain other worlds and now we just found out that the stars actually have planets revolving round them. . .Does that means his statement was inspired by the geek god Zeus?. . .

Is this all you have?. . .Keep joking. . .

the Prophet (pbuh) wasn't a philosopher, astronomer or scientist of any kind. the man could not even read or write.

here's another: the same 7th century unlettered Arab (pbuh) brings forth profound revelations on embryo development again confirmed by 20th century scientists.

and keep in mind that not only were his revelations a radical departure from prevailing knowledge at the time ( ancient Indians, Hippocrates, Aristotle, Galen, and Jewish scriptures) they were also accurate.

is that extraordinary?

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Ayomivic(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2013
Zarian5:

You are quick to believe this UNVERIFIABLE hoax because it support your claim right? Yet you are looking for VIDEO EVIDENCE of Prophet Muhammad's revelation which took place 1400 years ago? Meanwhile the “Sheikh” even said the 6 million muslims are from Africa alone! Where are they? Why is the story not reported in any other reliable media outlet? Even if he really had the Al Jazeera interview, how did he arrive at that figure?
MEANWHILE ISLAM IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION GLOBALLY.

Neutral non-Muslim Sources confirming Islam to be the fastest growing religion.
I will just mention a few of them.
“Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion. In 1990, 935 million people were Muslims and this figure had escalated to around 1.2 billion by 2000, meaning that around one in five people follow Islam. Although the religion began in Arabia, by 2002 80% of all believers in Islam lived outside the Arab world. In the period 1990-2000, approximately 12.5 million more people converted to Islam than to Christianity” (Guinness World Records 2003, pg 102)
Now compare your 6-million-muslim-hoax to what Guiness World Records stated in the period 1990-2000, approximately 12.5 MILLION MORE PEOPLE CONVERTED TO ISLAM THAN TO CHRISTIANITY!

According to Reader’s digest Almanic year book Islam grew by 235% in 50 years between 1934-1984

According to CNN.
“The second-largest religion in the world after Christianity,Islam is also the fastest-growing religion. In the United States, for example, nearly 80 percent of the more than 1,200 mosques have been built in the past 12 years.
Some scholars see an emerging Muslim renaissance as Islam takes root in many traditionally Christian communities.
Islam has drawn converts from all walks of life,”
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD /9704/14/egypt.islam/

The Islamization of Europe: the moral vacuum of abortion and the population vacuum
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/maguire/101231

Islam spreading in Christian SouthAfrica
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=620805&section=news

Mohammed's religion finds a place in Haiti
http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/americas/06/13/haiti.islam.reut/index.html

Rwanda Turns to Islam After Genocide
http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Date=20021107&Category=API&ArtNo=211070870&Ref=AR

Islam to become 2nd largest faith practised in US
http://www.timesofindia.com/today/12amrc7.htm

Islam 'will be dominant UK religion'
http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Articles.asp?Article=76212&Sn=BNEW

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/the-fastest-growing-religion-in-america-is-islam

Survey shows Muslim population is fastest growing religion in Canada
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/canada/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/08/survey-shows-muslim-population-is-fastest-growing-religion-in-canada

Islam: Fastest-Growing Religion in Britain
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3500/islam-growing-religion-britain

LiveLeak.com -ISLAM: The Fastest Growing Religionin the World
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=750_1371003297
etc. .etc it's all over the world! The Global muslim population growth rate (1.5%) is twice that of the entire non-muslims (0.7) according to the report by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life. (http://www.pewforum.org/2011/01/27/the-future-of-the-global-muslim-population/). In less than 10yrs time Islam will overtake Christianity as the largest religion even though Christianity had been well established 600yrs before the birth of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Allah did make this promise when perhaps there were only a few hundred muslims in the Desert of Arabia.

“It is He who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikeen (Polytheists, Pagans, disbelievers in the oneness of Allah) hate (it).” Quran 9:36

Isn't that in itself an indication for the truth of Islam? Had it been your 6-million-muslim-hoax is true then the title of this thread would have been “Why Do So Many Muslims Convert To Christianity? ” Show us the video evidence of the 6 million muslims!

Bro, you talked too much. If you said Islam is the fastest grow religon ,alright, we heard you. But, please from all the links you gave what did they give as reasons that make christians convert to Islam ? That was the Op question and non of you were able to provide the answer to the question .
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2013
F00028:

the Prophet (pbuh) wasn't a philosopher, astronomer or scientist of any kind. the man could not even read or write.

here's another: the same 7th century unlettered Arab (pbuh) brings forth profound revelations on embryo development again confirmed by 20th century scientists.

and keep in mind that not only were his revelations a radical departure from prevailing knowledge at the time ( ancient Indians, Hippocrates, Aristotle, Galen, and Jewish scriptures) they were also accurate.

is that extraordinary?

The claim that prophet Mohammed was an illiterate is ONLY a muslim claim to dispel the fact that most of the stories were copied from the Jews and christians. . .It is only a muslim claim. . .The Koran as we know it was not even put together by Mohammed, it came after he died, so i really do not know what you are talking about, muslims claim he recited it, but he did NOT write the koran that we have today it came after he died. . .This is no different the christian tradition that claims the disciples of Jesus wrote the gospels, it remains a muslim tradition and that's all. . .

What was written in the koran is not a radical departure from Galen, it is different from it but not a radical departure and even the koran got it wrong as well. . .

Here is what is written in the koran. . .

1.Translation by Maulana Muhammad Ali : Then We make the life-germ a clot, then We make the clot a lump of flesh, then We make (in) the lump of flesh bones, then We clothe the bones with flesh, then We cause it to grow into another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators.

2.Translation by progressive muslims organization : Then We created the seed into an embryo, then We created the embryo into a fetus, then We created the fetus into bone, then We covered the bone with flesh, then We brought forth a new creation. So glory be to God, the best of creators.

3.Translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali : Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!

In this ayha it's writes that bones appear before flesh but this is false. Go through the scientific links below and see the error of the koran. . . So the koran is wrong simple. . .

Sources :
1.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetus
2.http://www.dcdoctor.com/pages/rightpages_wellnesscenter/pregnancy/fetaldevelopmenmt.htm
3.http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-week-by-week

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Ayomivic(m): 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
Zarian5: @OP,
“i think these are specific reason why some call Christians convert to another religions especially Islam.
1. Ignorant of the scripture : This is overall reason why people leave christianity to Islam.”

No! This can never be the case. Everyday across the globe numerous Christians INCLUDING PRIESTS, PASTORS, REVERENDS MISSIONARIES etc) embrace Islam out of their own conviction. Here are a few examples of these former Church leaders.
1. Prof. Abdul Ahad Dawud, Former Bishop of Uramiah, Formerly the Reverend David Benjamin Keldani, B.D.

2. Abdullah al-Faruq - Formerly Kenneth L. Jenkins, minister and elder of the Pentecostal Church

3. Abu Ishaq, Coptic Cardinal

4. Dr. Gary Miller (Abdul- Ahad Omar) - Former missionary

5. George Anthony - Former Catholic priest
Ibrahim Khalil - Former Egyptian Coptic priest

6. Dr. Jerald F. Dirks - Former minister (deacon) of the United Methodist Church

7. Khadijah 'Sue' Watson - Former pastor, missionary, professor. Master's degree in Divinity

8. Martin John Mwaipopo - Former Lutheran Archbishop

9. Muslima, A Former Catholic Missionary (Burundi)

10. Raphael Narbaez, Jr.- Former Jehovah's Witness minister

11. Selma A. Cook, Australian Missionary

12. S.M. SULAYMAN, (Former Baptist Church Minister), U.S.A.

13. Viacheslav Polosin - Former Archpriest of the Russian Orthodox Church

14. Dr. Yahya A.R. Lehmann, Doctor of Theology, (Former Roman Catholic Priest Germany) etc
Read their individual testimonies here to know their reasons of converting to Islam: http://www.usislam.org/converts/converts.htm

“Some people can be brainwashed when they are young due to the enviroment they are living and because the parent are not strong in faith.”

No! Have you forgotten Charity Uzoachina? Her father is an RCCG Pastor yet that did not stop her. And like she explained no one brainwash/force her to convert. The Pastor couldn't understand why his own daughter would be Muslim. That's why he's making noise all over the place.

“Love : this is always happen to some christian's ladies who are ignorant of christianity. Some of them who fall in love with muslim guys may change to islam because they don't want to lose their lover because of religion.”

This is partially true, but it happens in very few cases. Many muslims marry christian women without having to convert to Islam at all. And she continue to be Christian throughout her life. But she may convert on her own if she want.

“Some are even brainwash that Muslims and Christians are worshiping the same God.”

The fact that you do not know this, exposes your ignorance, that it is infact you that was brainwashed to believe the God of Muslims is that not the same with that of the Christians and Jews. The only difference is Muslims (like Jews) don't worship the ‘Son.’ They only worship the ‘Father’ and call him Allah (which means ‘the only true God’ in Arabic)

“Some Christians had converted to Muslim because they were promise to be given wealth.”
No! Muslims don't bribe Christians to enter their religion. On the contrary, Christian missionaries ‘wasted $6.8 billion each year trying to convert poor and sick Muslims’

“Attitude or behaviours of some call christians. some people had convertd to islam because of hiding attitude or behaviours they finds in the hand of religion leader they trusts and respected eg pastor. This type of christians are into religion because of people not faith”
Not true.

“Ignorant of Islamic religion. Any Christian who converted to Islam, knows little or nothing about Islam .if they did, they would'nt have done that because it just like someone who see water mirage on the ground and jumped over it but landed in the river”

No. Pls read the stories of the Priests in the link above. Those people were not illiterates, Some of them are even Professors and Doctors of (Christian) Theology. You cannot know Christianity more than them all. They converted because they studied Islam and are convinced of its authenticity. Pls stop being arrogant find time to do your own research with an objective mind. You don't have to convert, just don't defend on the Media. Try to read Islam FROM ISLAMIC SOURCES to know what Islam is all about. You don't have to look for books even this website can help for now: www.islamreligion.com

Here are two more former Church leaders (whom i personally know in Nigeria) - Prof Dauda Ojobi, Former Bishop & former CAN's Scribe & Rev. Peter Jatau. They are now actively engaged in Da'awa (Islamic propagation), particularly Prof. Dauda Ojobi. May Allah bless them.

Thank you for making comment on this thread.

You said "pastors and reverends can not be ignorant of christianity" But what was the reason they left christianity? That was my question.

You talked about Charit Uzoachina. What genuine reason did Charity give for leaving christianity? 'Charity said that she believe that Christians and Muslims are worshiping thesame God ' is that a genuine reason to leave christianity ?

' You also said that it is a partially true that christians ladies convert because of love ' I won't argue on that because every one can testify to that expecially when you are leaving in area dominated by Muslims and Christians eg Youruba land.
Many Muslims ladies had became a christians because they married to Christiand and many christians had convert to muslim because they married to muslims. You don't need to deny the fact because you wanted to defend your religion.

" You said i am the ignorant of the fact that muslims and christians are worshiping thesame God " alright let put that into test to see if you are correct. Take this steps.

Today or tomorrow ,if you get to the Mosque don't face kaaba, face another direction. Just raise your hand to the heaven and pray .

Let the people around you hear what you are saying. Start your prayer by saying, in the name of Jesus. (That shows that you want to get to God through Jesus. You have not commit any crime because of that. Muhammed also believed Jesus to be from God )

Then, direct your pray to God by calling him God of Abraham ,God of Isacc, God of Jacob. Please, don't call him allah or use arabic names to call any body in that prayer (You have not committed crime if it is true that GOD mean Allah, remember Abraham is Muhammed ancenstor, you have'nt commited any crime on that too )

You don't need to bow simultanously, just knee down and cocentrate towards heaven and ask father of Jesus to lead you.

If you done that in front of your Muslims counterpart and they don't crucify you or beat you like uneaten snake or labelled you a mad man, i will believe that Muslims and Christians are worshiping thesame God and God is thesame as Allah. Do that and come back and tell us your story.

You said 'Muslims don't bribe Christian' you are a liar for saying that or may be you have not seen it or know what Quran says about that.

I talked about the bad behavious of some Christians as a reason some christians denouced Christianity. You said ' is not true' but one of your brother said ' is true ' above there.
Alright, may be you should ask logicboy03 why he leaves Christianity ?

I visited the site you gave his link, most of the converts there are ex-catholics but i don't know the reason you can't tell us why one of those people converted

In that site, i read of Craig Robertson ( Now Abdullahi Al kanadi ) an ex- catholic from Canada.

In summary, he e said his parent were catholics and he himself was a catholic for twelve years that is, he left catholic at twelve years of age. He did that because he doubts the catholics faith and when his maternal grandmother died of cancer he decided to punish God by become an atheist.
Later he started behaved arrogantly.

he started smoking marijuana, and derived pleasure in hanging out with friends at age of seventeen (17) But when everybody abandoned him a christian friend stayed by him and took him to church, there God delivered him, he started going out with christian brethrens.
One day ,he met with a young muslim and was confused by the boy's attitude.The boy left Quran and he read the quran.
One day his christian friend who took him to church, slept with his girl's freind while he was in another room sleeping for he was heavy drank . He hate christianity because of what his friend did to him and because their fellowship teacher molested a boy. Later he met with another Muslim that have good behaviour and because of him, he convert to muslims.

Tell me if there is a genuine reason for this man, from his story?

What can a boy of twelve years know about religion?

Was he not the attitude of his chritian friend that confuse him of christianity?

Was he and his friend a true christians? He was a drunker, his friend was a fornicator. That far from attitude of good christians

He did not even quote a single verse from Bible or Quran in his story.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
@Zarian - Is it true that Peter Jatau is now a muslim. Please confirm. Was he not the reverend who use to be a strong pillar of CAN in kaduna. correct mre if im wrong
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Ayomivic(m): 7:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
Zarian5:

Yes, you are wrong. Actually both Moses and Jesus prophecy the coming of Muhammad. Click and download this (pdf) book, 'Muhammad in the Bible' written by Prof. Abdul Ahad Dawud, Former Bishop of Uramiah, Formerly the Reverend David Benjamin Keldani, B.D.

http://www.islamhouse.com/401819/en/en/books/Muhammad_(Peace_Be_Upon_Him)_In_The_Bible

I am sorry, i can't download it. If you have downloaded it, tell us the verses of Bible where he sees Muhammed.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Rexyl(m): 7:45pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ayomivic:

I am sorry, i can't download it. If you have downloaded it, tell us the verses of Bible where he sees Muhammed.

People should erase all doubts about confusion that some people had,and still trying to smuggle into the Bible.There is no place where Mohammed was referenced in the Bible. So it would be a fraud to hold on this erroneous assumption.

People in doubt should clearly quote a place in Bible and let the discussion begin.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 12:03am On Aug 10, 2013
mazaje:
The claim that prophet Mohammed was an illiterate is ONLY a muslim claim...
you wish.
it's a historical fact...BUT if you can prove he could, when/where he studied, who his teachers were then you may have something.

mazaje: to dispel the fact that most of the stories were copied from the Jews and christians. . .It is only a muslim claim. . .
give me an example of a COPIED story.

mazaje:
The Koran as wWaterlooe know it was not even put together by Mohammed, it came after he died, so i really do not know what you are talking about, muslims claim he recited it, but he did NOT write the koran that we have today it came after he died. . .
Wrong again.

the Qur'an was written down during his lifetime. every word. not only that it was committed to memory in its entirety by many. it was only compiled as a single
volume after his death

mazaje:
This is no different the christian tradition that claims the disciples of Jesus wrote the gospels, it remains a muslim tradition and that's all. . .

wise man once said: nothing leads us to blunder more than illogical comparisons.

mazaje:
What was written in the koran is not a radical departure from Galen, it is different from it but not a radical departure and even the koran got it wrong as well. . .

that's your opinion.

the Qur'an didn't get it wrong. you could read this:
http://www.islamicwritings.org/quran/medical-miracles/does-the-quran-plagiarise-ancient-greek-embryology/

www.hamzatzortzis.com/research/embryology-in-the-quran/

here's another thing: the same 7th century unlettered, non space explorer Prophet (pbuh) knew that while the sun actually produced light, the moon's light was merely reflective.

is that extraordinary?
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 1:44am On Aug 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Don't mind the deluded clown, apart from a fact that it is a lie that Allah is the aramaic name for God, as of the time of Jesus allah was only one of over three hundren pagan gods worshipped by the arabs. It wasn't till the time of mohammed that he decided to promote his god by impersonating him with borrowed scriptures in the bible/torah that allah began to gain prominence as a god.

undecided are you even a real pastor?

type in the word "God" in this Aramaic dictionary to find out what Jesus Christ used to call God: http://www.peshitta.org/lexicon/

and see: http://www.learnassyrian.com/aramaic/church/church.html
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 7:45am On Aug 10, 2013
F00028:
you wish.
it's a historical fact...BUT if you can prove he could, when/where he studied, who his teachers were then you may have something.

Historical fact how?. . .Hope you know that every thing that we know about Mohammed came from his alleged followers with their very biased views. . .They were trying to promote him and establish a new religion so why should anything they wrote be trusted, no outside source any where corroborates anything they wrote down. . .The tradition says Mohammed wrote received revelations. . .That is the tradition, the reality is different. . .

All Most of the prophets also appear in the bible but where changed because they wanted to create a new religion out of the existing religions of the Jews and Christians. . .

Wrong again.

the Qur'an was written down during his lifetime. every word. not only that it was committed to memory in its entirety by many. it was only compiled as a single
volume after his death

Just a claim, the koran as we know it did not exist during the time of the prophet. . .It came after him. . .Tradition says it was written on leaves, bones etc. ..But the one we have now came after him. . .Some other people wrote it down. ..

wise man once said: nothing leads us to blunder more than illogical comparisons.

Not illogical at all. . .Same traditions keep being repeated as facts when they are not. . .

that's your opinion.

the Qur'an didn't get it wrong. you could read this:
http://www.islamicwritings.org/quran/medical-miracles/does-the-quran-plagiarise-ancient-greek-embryology/

www.hamzatzortzis.com/research/embryology-in-the-quran/

I said the Koran is wrong, I gave you three scientific sources on embryology that says it is false and you are here providing links from the website of Hamza Tzortzis who has alread been debunked many many times on the issue by scientist. . .The koran neglects the role of the ovum, secondly at no point is the embryo a cloth of blood as the koran says, and at no point does the embryo resemble a leech, the embryo with it yolk sac does not in any way resemble a leech. And finally at no point does the embryo develop bones that is later covered with flesh around it, bones and cartilages develop later when the embryo is already flesh. The Koran is simply WRONG. . .Provide a single scientific paper that supports you not some junk apologist material from an already debunked apologist. . .Hamza is not even a scientist. . .Below are videos where Hamza Tzortzis had to retract his statements when challenged. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYgSvBwiGJE

Another video where he was completely debunked by a scientist. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snin0fN-cwY

If you want to show that the koran is correct then present scientific journals not the writings of muslims apologist that don't even know what they are saying. . .

here's another thing: the same 7th century unlettered, non space explorer Prophet (pbuh) knew that while the sun actually produced light, the moon's light was merely reflective.

is that extraordinary?

Present the verse from the Koran lets have a look at it. . .I notice that muslim apologist just take vague verses from the koran and give it meanings of their own through the way the interpret it. .I have told you that it only remains a muslim claim that Mohammed was an illiterate, I have told you about Greek philosophers who were non space explorers that made very incredible prediction that were just discovered with our modern and sophisticated equipment. . . .I asked you if their own discoveries were also revelations from their greek gods. . .

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by vickyO(f): 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
F00028:

that's what the bible says undecided
oh really, wow... you're blaming your lack of understanding on the Bible? just say you dont get it or are you too proud to admit it
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by vickyO(f): 6:38pm On Aug 10, 2013
wow.... my beloved muslims, we Christians aren't out to boast about the amount of christians in the world, don't you know not all christians will make heaven but just those who remain righteous till they die or till Jesus comes.. Christianity is not something you can sit back and comfortably analyse in the comfort of your bed, it's deeper than that and i know that the reason why people convert to islam is as the Bible says, there is a way that seems right before men but it leads to destruction. Compare the life of Jesus and Mohammed as recorded in the Holy Books and you'll realise Jesus served humanity in totality, He was humble and lowly, He preached the message so hard cause He didnt want any soul to be lost, he was selfless and many more... Mohammed was selfish sorry to say, how could you marry your son's wife?? study these two prophets (as you call them) well and you'll realize Jesus is more worth following cause He possesses the true attributes of a leader. (humanly speaking, i'd rather have Jesus as the president of Nigeria than have Mohammed ).
p.s.
Muslims, how will the world end? Is it recorded in the Koran?
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 8:02pm On Aug 10, 2013
mazaje:
Historical fact how?. . .Hope you know that every thing that we know about Mohammed came from his alleged followers with their very biased views. . .

listen, all these lamentations from you on how you don't trust our sources is not helpful. if you have EVIDENCE to the contrary just bring it and let's get on with it.

skepticism on its own disproves nothing.

mazaje: All Most of the prophets also appear in the bible but where changed because they wanted to create a new religion out of the existing religions of the Jews and Christians. . .

f00028:

mazaje: Just a claim, the koran as we know it did not exist during the time of the prophet. . .It came after him. . .Tradition says it was written on leaves, bones etc. ..But the one we have now came after him. . .Some other people wrote it down. ..

f00028: the Qur'an was written down during his lifetime. every word. not only that it was committed to memory in its entirety by many. it was only compiled as a single volume after his death

mazaje: The koran neglects the role of the ovum...

“Sulalah” in Arabic means gentle extraction from fluid. Its meaning in the context used in Qur’an is clear from the following:
“Then He made his progeny gently extracted
“Sulalah Min Ma’a” from lowly fluid”. (Surah As-Sajdah, Ayah 8 )

The fluid refers to both male and female
germinal fluids containing gametes and it is now a known scientific fact that both ovum and sperm are gently extracted from their
environments.

The ovum is extracted in a long stream of
follicular fluid. Similarly one sperm out of
millions is drawn out from the seminal fluid.

Further, it is now common knowledge to
embryologists that usually only one sperm and one ovum are involved in the normal process of fertilisation.

This fact was stated by Prophet Mohammad in the Hadith below:
“Not from all the fluid is the offspring created”.
(Sahih Muslim, Kitab Al-Nekah, Bab Al-Azl)

mazaje: secondly at no point is the embryo a cloth of blood as the koran says...

the Quran doesnt actually say "clot of blood"

"When the Qur’an says: “He created man of `Alaqah” , it was interpreted by Muslim scholars to imply “a clot of blood”. This was not because the word meant “a clot of blood” as we have already discussed, but because the Muslim scholars felt that in this verse it implied “a clot of blood”.

If, due to the widening of human knowledge, today we are in a position to know that a child is never “a clot of blood”, all that has happened is that we can now safely say that the interpretation of the Muslim scholars was not accurate.

If the Qur’an was not available in its original language, the Muslims would have had no option but to submit that the Qur’an does have a “scientific error” in it. The case of the Qur’an, however, is very different from other so-called “revealed” books, as it is still in its’ original language.

mazaje: ...and at no point does the embryo resemble a leech...

"The word ‘Alaqah can also be translated as
‘leech like structure’. The leech is an elongated pear shaped creature which thrives on blood sucking. At this stage of development the embryo from top view does bear a resemblance to a leech.

This resemblance is even more marked if the 24 day old embryo is seen from the side. It is also interesting to note that the embryo is now dependent on the maternal blood for its nutrition and behaves very much like a leech! "

mazaje: If you want to show that the koran is correct then present scientific journals not the writings of muslims apologist that don't even know what they are saying. . .

--Moore, KL. ‘A scientists interpretation of references to embryology in the Qur’an.’ Journal of the Islamic Medical Association of US and Canada, 1986, 18:15,

--Moore, KL. and Azzindani, AMA.: “The Developing Human, Clinically Orientated Embryology, With Islamic Additions”. 3rd Ed., Dar Al-Qiblah and WB Saunders

mazaje: Present the verse from the Koran lets have a look at it. . .
“Blessed is He Who made Constellations in
the skies, And placed therein a Lamp And a Moon giving light.” [Al-Qur’aan 25:61]

"The Arabic word for the sun in the Qur’aan,
is shams. It is referred to as siraaj, which means a ‘torch’ or as wahhaaj which means ‘a blazing lamp’ or as diya which means ‘shining glory’. All three descriptions are appropriate to the sun, since it generates intense heat and
light by its internal combustion.

The Arabic word for the moon is qamar and
it is described in the Qur’aan as muneer, which is a body that gives nur i.e. light. Again, the Qur’aanic description matches perfectly with the true nature of the moon, which does
not give off light itself and is an inert body that reflects the light of the sun.

Not once in the Qur’aan, is the moon mentioned as siraaj, wahhaaj or diya or the sun as nur or muneer. "

here's another thing:

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
F00028:

listen, all these lamentations from you on how you don't trust our sources is not helpful. if you have EVIDENCE to the contrary just bring it and let's get on with it.

skepticism on its own disproves nothing.

You have not shown that Mohammed did anything, you just made a claim and that's all. . .It proves nothing. . .

“Sulalah” in Arabic means gentle extraction from fluid. Its meaning in the context used in Qur’an is clear from the following:
“Then He made his progeny gently extracted
“Sulalah Min Ma’a” from lowly fluid”. (Surah As-Sajdah, Ayah cool

The fluid refers to both male and female
germinal fluids containing gametes and it is now a known scientific fact that both ovum and sperm are gently extracted from their
environments.

The ovum is extracted in a long stream of
follicular fluid. Similarly one sperm out of
millions is drawn out from the seminal fluid.

Further, it is now common knowledge to
embryologists that usually only one sperm and one ovum are involved in the normal process of fertilisation.

This fact was stated by Prophet Mohammad in the Hadith below:
“Not from all the fluid is the offspring created”.
(Sahih Muslim, Kitab Al-Nekah, Bab Al-Azl) [quote]

The part in the Koran muslims quote says nothing about the ovem and that is the point. . .

the Quran doesnt actually say "clot of blood"

"When the Qur’an says: “He created man of `Alaqah” , it was interpreted by Muslim scholars to imply “a clot of blood”. This was not because the word meant “a clot of blood” as we have already discussed, but because the Muslim scholars felt that in this verse it implied “a clot of blood”.

If, due to the widening of human knowledge, today we are in a position to know that a child is never “a clot of blood”, all that has happened is that we can now safely say that the interpretation of the Muslim scholars was not accurate.

If the Qur’an was not available in its original language, the Muslims would have had no option but to submit that the Qur’an does have a “scientific error” in it. The case of the Qur’an, however, is very different from other so-called “revealed” books, as it is still in its’ original language.

You are clearly a dishonest person, what does Alaqah mean of not cloth of blood?. . .Are you kidding me?. . .Muslims have been interpreting it as a cloth of blood which is actually what it MEANS suddenly after science has shown that it is wrong , then the excuse is that muslim scholars are wrong in their interpretation, eh?. . .is this a joke or what?. . .

"The word ‘Alaqah can also be translated as
‘leech like structure’. The leech is an elongated pear shaped creature which thrives on blood sucking. At this stage of development the embryo from top view does bear a resemblance to a leech.

This resemblance is even more marked if the 24 day old embryo is seen from the side. It is also interesting to note that the embryo is now dependent on the maternal blood for its nutrition and behaves very much like a leech! "

The embryo does not resemble a leech in any way, when looked at completely. . .It does NOT resemble a leech, simple. . .

--Moore, KL. ‘A scientists interpretation of references to embryology in the Qur’an.’ Journal of the Islamic Medical Association of US and Canada, 1986, 18:15,

--Moore, KL. and Azzindani, AMA.: “The Developing Human, Clinically Orientated Embryology, With Islamic Additions”. 3rd Ed., Dar Al-Qiblah and WB Saunders

What is this, i said present scientific papers and you are giving me links to islamic apologist propaganda? Your link says "A scientists interpretation of references to embryology in the Qur’an" and the other one talks about Islamic additions, provide scientific sources that support what is written in the Koran not muslim apologist propaganda. . At no point does the embryo develop bones that is later covered with flesh around it, bones and cartilages develop later the embryo is already flesh before bones and cartilage later develop. . .The Koran is WRONG, PRODUCE ONE SINGLE SCIETIFIC WRITING THAT SUPPORTS THE KORAN.

“Blessed is He Who made Constellations in
the skies, And placed therein a Lamp And a Moon giving light.” [Al-Qur’aan 25:61]

"The Arabic word for the sun in the Qur’aan,
is shams. It is referred to as siraaj, which means a ‘torch’ or as wahhaaj which means ‘a blazing lamp’ or as diya which means ‘shining glory’. All three descriptions are appropriate to the sun, since it generates intense heat and
light by its internal combustion.

The Arabic word for the moon is qamar and
it is described in the Qur’aan as muneer, which is a body that gives nur i.e. light. Again, the Qur’aanic description matches perfectly with the true nature of the moon, which does
not give off light itself and is an inert body that reflects the light of the sun.

Not once in the Qur’aan, is the moon mentioned as siraaj, wahhaaj or diya or the sun as nur or muneer. "

here's another thing:

I always knew you were going to come up with this nonsense, the passage does not say that the moon reflects light from the sun at all. . .No where does it say that, it only talks about a lamp and a moon giving light. . .Firstly what lamp is it talking about?. . .Is the sun a lamp?. . . . . .Secondly, how do you go from a moon giving light to mean the moon reflects light from the sun. . .Muslim apologist should stop trying too hard. . .This is ridiculous. . .Its really a shame. . .The writers of the koran do NOT know anything about the sun or internal combustion, so i wonder why the apologist whose work you posted is even talking about combustion. . .This is a joke as expected. .
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2013
easy there! you seem to be losing it.

mazaje:
The part in the Koran muslims quote says
nothing about the ovem and that is the point. . .
if you still dont get it I can't help you.

mazaje:
You are clearly a dishonest person, what does Alaqah mean of not cloth of blood?. . .Are you kidding me?. . .Muslims have been interpreting it as a cloth of blood which is actually what it MEANS suddenly after science has shown that it is wrong , then the excuse is that muslim scholars are wrong in their interpretation, eh?. . .is this a joke or what?. . .
undecided you are clearly out of your depth.

and your wild accusations only mask your deficiencies in your imagination.
but hey, if it makes you feel better...

mazaje:
The embryo does not resemble a leech in any
way, when looked at completely. . .It does NOT resemble a leech, simple. . .

-Carl Sagan, Parade magazine, April 22, 1990. And the book Billions & Billions: Thoughts on Life and Death at the Brink of the Millennium, Ballantine Books, New York:

“It [the embryo] sucks blood from capillaries. It bathes itself in maternal blood, from which it extracts oxygen and nutrients. It establishes itself as a kind of parasite on the walls of the
uterus…

“By the third week, around the time of the first missed menstrual period, the forming embryo is about 2 millimeters long and is
developing various body parts. Only at this stage does it begin to be dependent on a rudimentary placenta. It looks a little like a
segmented worm.”

pix1: A scanning electron microscope of the embryo (dorsal view). About 25 days.
http://php.med.unsw.edu.au

pix2: Left, shows an embryo of about 22 days
Right, A leech’s (rear) sucker
http://static.scanpix.se/
lennart_nilsson_video/video22.html
http://www.sciencephoto.com/
media/366747/enlarge

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mahdino: 11:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
F00028: easy there! you seem to be losing it.

-Carl Sagan, Parade magazine, April 22, 1990. And the book Billions & Billions: Thoughts on Life and Death at the Brink of the Millennium, Ballantine Books, New York:

“It [the embryo] sucks blood from capillaries. It bathes itself in maternal blood, from which it extracts oxygen and nutrients. It establishes itself as a kind of parasite on the walls of the
uterus…

“By the third week, around the time of the first missed menstrual period, the forming embryo is about 2 millimeters long and is
developing various body parts. Only at this stage does it begin to be dependent on a rudimentary placenta. It looks a little like a
segmented worm.”

pix1: A scanning electron microscope of the embryo (dorsal view). About 25 days.

media/366747/enlarge

F008 may God reward u
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 9:05am On Aug 14, 2013
F00028: easy there! you seem to be losing it.

How can you help me when you havent helped yourself?. . .

What does Alaqah mean if not cloth of blood?. . Tell me, what does Alaqah mean in Arabic?. . .You just said the islamic scholars interpreted it wrongly but refused to tell us what it means, maybe you know Arabic more than the islamic scholars that say it means cloth of blood. Tell us what it means because Islamic scholars that translated the word into English in all English transalatyion of the Koran all say it means cloth of blood. Unfortunately the embryo is never a cloth of blood at any time. . .Koran is wrong simple. . .

uterus…

segmented worm.”

media/366747/enlarge

You are clearly dishonest again. . .The embryo in full with its yolk sac does not resemble a leech. . .Its dorsal view looks like a ;leech but its complete view does not. . .

Here is an image for comparison. . .

I noticed that you do not want to touch the last part, the Koran claims that embryo develops bones that is later covered in flesh but that is terribly wrong because at not point does the embryo develop bones that is later covered with flesh. . . Bones and cartilages develop later when the embryo is already flesh. So Koran is wrong. . .You prefer to go around looking for islamic website that dwell on leech but you refuse to touch the main things. . .
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 12:40am On Aug 15, 2013
mazaje:
What does Alaqah mean if not cloth of blood?. . Tell me, what does Alaqah mean in Arabic?. . .
sigh! pay attention 'cos am tired of going over this.
Alaqah: carries various meanings including: to hang, to be suspended, to be dangled, to stick, to cling, to cleave and to adhere. It can also mean to catch, to get caught, to be affixed or subjoined. Other connotations of the word ?alaqah include a leech-like substance having the resemblance of a worm; or being of a ‘creeping’ disposition inclined to the sucking of blood.
Finally, its meaning includes clay that clings to
the hand, blood in a general sense and thick,
clotted blood - because of its clinging together.

- Hans Wehr, page 634.
- An Arabic-English Lexicon. Librairie Du
Liban. 1968. Vol. 5, page 2134.

[img]http://islampapers.files./2012/04/leech-like.png?w=529[/img]

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 5:44am On Aug 15, 2013
and btw Dr. Keith L. Moore PhD, DSc, FIAC, FRSM, FAAA is a professor emeritus in
the division of anatomy , in the Faculty of
Surgery, at the University of Toronto , Ontario, Canada. Moore is associate dean for Basic Medical Sciences in the university's Faculty of Medicine , and was Chair of Anatomy from 1976 to 1984. He is a founding member of the American Association of Clinical Anatomists (AACA)...

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by vedaxcool(m): 8:40am On Aug 15, 2013
grin grin grin grin F00028 you should know by now you are dealing with a simpleton!!!
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 9:46am On Aug 15, 2013
mazaje:
I noticed that you do not want to touch the last part, the Koran claims that embryo develops bones that is later covered in flesh . . .
whats the use? with you it'll just be another exercise in futility undecided

vedaxcool: grin grin grin grin F00028 you should know by now you are dealing with a simpleton!!!
it's a crying shame, vedaxcool

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 11:21am On Aug 15, 2013
F00028: and btw Dr. Keith L. Moore PhD, DSc, FIAC, FRSM, FAAA is a professor emeritus in
the division of anatomy , in the Faculty of
Surgery, at the University of Toronto , Ontario, Canada. Moore is associate dean for Basic Medical Sciences in the university's Faculty of Medicine , and was Chair of Anatomy from 1976 to 1984. He is a founding member of the American Association of Clinical Anatomists (AACA)...

Let us get this straight. . .Muslims have been using Dr. Keith L. Moore to lie over and over again. . .Here are the facts. . .Dr Moore does NOT agree with the Koran in any way. . .Dr. Moore is notable as the only embryologist directly quoted by Islamic sources in an attempt to prove embryology as described in the Qur'an is scientifically correct. . .

Dr. Moore is notable as the only embryologist directly quoted by Islamic sources in an attempt to prove embryology as described in the Qur'an is scientifically correct. In the 1980s he accepted an invitation by the Embryology Committee of King Abdulaziz University to produce a special 3rd edition of his most successful book "The Developing Human" specifically for use by Muslim students in Islamic Universities. He was financially patronized by the Saudi royal family for the use of his name, and for no real additional work.
The textbook he delivered to the Saudi Universities that commissioned the work is titled, "The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology with Islamic Additions."[4] The base textbook was work that Moore had completed years before. He did nothing new for this new edition. The “Islamic additions” are actually the work of an Abdul Majeed al-Zindani, so it alternates chapters of standard science with Zindani's "Islamic additions".

The result of Moore's and Zindani's collaboration is not an academic book and subsequent editions omit and contradict the "Islamic additions". Reverting back to his previous description, they basically admit that the embryology in the Qur'an is a repetition of Greek and Indian medicine[7]
For example, in 1986 he wrote that "The drop or nutfa [in Surah 23:13] has been interpreted as the sperm or spermatozoon, but a more meaningful interpretation would be the zygote which divides to form a blastocyst which is implanted in the uterus ("a place of rest"wink,"[8] but in the 8th edition of The Developing Human (published 2007), he writes that "Growth of science was slow during the medieval period... human beings [according to the Qur'an] are produced from a mixture of secretions from the male and female. Several references are made to the creation of a human being from a nutfa (small drop). It also states that the resulting organism settles in the womb like a seed, 6 days after its beginning."[9]
This shows that Moore's previous statements on embryology in the Qur'an were not based on science, but merely the result of patronage by the Saudi royal family.
J. Needham, a well known authority on the history of embryology and a reference cited in Keith Moore's books, has also dismissed embryology in the Qur'an as merely "a seventh-century echo of Aristotle and the Ayer-veda."[10]

Moore's current CV does not reflect any involvement with Islam, the Qur'an or Islamic embryology. It also omits mentioning the 3rd edition of The Developing Human and its connections to Islamic terrorists. Nor does he mention his lecture in Saudi Arabia or any of his Islam-related activities in Muslim-majority countries.
In 2002, Moore declined to be interviewed by the Wall Street Journal on the subject of his work on Islam, stating that "it's been ten or eleven years since I was involved in the Qur'an."[11]

Even Dr Moore himself has denied his involvement with the Koran. . .

The co writer of his book on Islamic embryology is an alleged terrorist. .

The co-writer of Moore's book is a leading militant Islamist named Abdul Majeed al-Zindani. He is the founder and head of the Iman University in Yemen, head of the Yemeni Muslim Brotherhood political movement and founder of the Commission on Scientific Signs in the Quran and Sunnah (one of the organizations that spearheaded Bucailleism), based in Saudi Arabia.[5]
Zindani served as a contact for Ansar al-Islam (Al), a Kurdish-based terrorist organization linked to al-Qaeda, has links to John Walker Lindh and Anwar al-Awlaki, and in 2004 the US Treasury Department published a press release stating that the United States had by executive order designated Zindani as a "Specially Designated Global Terrorist".[6]
Interestingly, the Acknowledgments for the book recognize a number of “distinguished scholars” who supported the book with time or money. And number 6 on the list is Saifullah Shaykh Osama bin Laden (Zindani had a long history of working with bin Laden, notably serving as one of his spiritual leaders).

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Dr._Keith_Moore_and_the_Islamic_Additions

I told you to produce scientist that substantiate the Koran. . .STOP going to Islamic apologist sites and posting nonsense. . .Even Dr Moore himself simply sates that the Koran only echos the works of Aristotle and the Ayer-veda. . .There is nothing in the what is written in the Koran that comes close to modern day embryology. . .
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 11:27am On Aug 15, 2013
F00028:
whats the use? with you it'll just be another exercise in futility undecided

You still went ahead to bring the work of Dr Moore who just lied because he was paid by the royal family to support the nonsense written inside the Koran. . .Some thing he later denied himself. . .The only thing that is stopping you is because there is nothing to support you , else you would have posted it here. . .The koran is simply wrong. . Bones does not come before flesh. . .

it's a crying shame, vedaxcool

Cryig shame that you keep posting the writing of people that have been debunked already and have been shown to be liars, you started with Hamza and I showed you a video of how Hamza himself had to change what he said when challenged. . .Now its Dr Moore a person that clearly denied his involvement with Koranic embryology and said its nothing different from he works of Aristotle and the Ayer-veda. . .Nice try. .But you just keep failing. .
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2013
vedaxcool: grin grin grin grin F00028 you should know by now you are dealing with a simpleton!!!

Yeah the simpleton that wrote the nonsense in the Koran. . .The simpleton that wrote in the Koran that the embryo is a a cloth of blood when it is never a cloth of blood, or that bones are formed and later covered with flesh. . .Allah is truly a simpleton. . .

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
In as much as you do have a point, you are trying to say that Islam is somewhat bad indirectly....

There will always be an asswipe in every religion and converting doesn't mean the person is doomed (I am only referring to the point about where you wrote on negative pastor behavior)

It just shows the person has been frustrated that Christians are fake and fake in all ramifications...

It's not a bad thing, the person is just trying to find oneself...

There is no good religion and there is no bad religion, so please stop trying to indirectly make Islam look bad, because there are some people that can destroy the credibility of Christianity in the blink of an eye....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let Us Be Honest- Life Is Both Meaningless And Purposeless / Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues / Does Killing 'wall Geckos' Have Any Physical/spiritual Consequence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.