Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) (4281 Views)

A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly / Mob Beat And Strips Tipper Driver Unclad For Beating Wife / Widow's Sons Arrested For Beating Her Young Boyfriend - VI, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by blanco56(m): 7:53am On Aug 03, 2013
A TV news anchor in Santa Teresa, New Mexico was arrested for beating her husband.
Adrienne Alvarez, an anchor and reporter for
NBC affiliate KTSM in El Paso, Texas, was
arrested early Thursday morning on battery
charges.
The 28-year-old reporter was in a fight with her husband at about midnight Wednesday at their home in Santa Teresa, New Mexico, officials said. She was then arrested on suspicion of battery
against a member of her household and booked at the Doña Ana County Detention Center.
Alvarez was released later Thursday on $1,000
bail.
Calls to Alvarez’s news station were not
immediately returned Friday afternoon.
‘We are aware of the arrest but will wait for
more details before making any other
comments,’ Gary Sotir, general manager of
KTSM/KDBC told the El Paso Times yesterday.
Alvarez has been a reporter at the station since
2007. In 2011 she married her husband Hazael.
She has won numerous awards for her
reporting, including a 2009 Emmy. She was also voted by What’s Up El Paso as the Best
Newscaster Under 40 for 2011.
On her station profile, Alvarez says that in her
time off she likes ‘dancing, a good game of
Scrabble and spending time with her family.’
Source: DailyMail

Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Joyous86(f): 8:13am On Aug 03, 2013
Nawaoh! This man na better agbaya, 1st to comment tinz ☺
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 03, 2013
What a beautiful mug shot.
She sure loves spending 'time' with her family cheesy
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 03, 2013
I have spoken with some women, suprising how they think its okay for them to be violent but in the same breathe shout "I won't tolerate violent men"
They go and marry quiet men and abuse them.
Abuse and violence has no gender oh

1 Like

Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 03, 2013
That Man deserves to Die!!!!

Na woman beat You??
I'm not trying to say he should have retaliated (he even get the strength sefundecided ),but he for run commot for house as e be say the woman wan beat am na cheesycheesy

**Easy Tiger,Easy Lion!**

2 Likes

Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by RoyalRoy(m): 9:55am On Aug 03, 2013
debrief08: I have spoken with some women, suprising how they think its okay for them to be violent but in the same breathe shout "I won't tolerate violent men"
They go and marry quiet men and abuse them.
Abuse and violence has no gender oh

You are right Debrief, violence is not synonymous with men alone, I believe both violent men & women should face equal punishment for their misdeeds!!
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 03, 2013
I have followed a discussion where a lady stated she had slapped men a few times yet stated that she could never be with a man who slapped back.
So in her theory its okay to slap a man but a man shouldn't be violent yet for whatever reason she is permitted to be.
Anyone who imposes bodily harm on another should face the consequence, male or female
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by biolabee(m): 10:22am On Aug 03, 2013
I laff in double standards grin
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by RoyalRoy(m): 10:31am On Aug 03, 2013
debrief08: I have followed a discussion where a lady stated she had slapped men a few times yet stated that she could never be with a man who slapped back.
So in her theory its okay to slap a man but a man shouldn't be violent yet for whatever reason she is permitted to be.
Anyone who imposes bodily harm on another should face the consequence, male or female

God bless you!
Not many women see violence from ur point of view!!!!
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by RoyalRoy(m): 10:32am On Aug 03, 2013
biolabee: I laff in double standards grin

Single Standard laughter nko?
Lolllz
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by biolabee(m): 11:02am On Aug 03, 2013
Royal Roy:

Single Standard laughter nko?
Lolllz

Well.. Wetin man go do grin
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Destinygrl(f): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2013
beating him must have made her feel so good bc her mugshoot is d mst beautiful

2 Likes

Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by fr3do(m): 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
debrief08: I have followed a discussion where a lady stated she had slapped men a few times yet stated that she could never be with a man who slapped back.

can sum1 give this guy one bottle of chilled malt.
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2013
I am a woman.
Why do I constantly get mistaken for a man

1 Like

Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Dantedasz(m): 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
But why are all the feminists and feminazis giving this thread a deliberate miss?
The usual double standards?
If a man did this,the thread would already have been on the front page.
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Dantedasz(m): 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
debrief08: I am a woman.
Why do I constantly get mistaken for a man

because women deliberately avoid threads like this or when they dont hypocritically blame the man for allowing himself get beaten up.
Men lose both ways in these kind of cases.
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 03, 2013
My concern is the progress of the society, healthy families and children.
I am not interested in Gender wars for whatever purpose.
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Dantedasz(m): 2:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
debrief08: My concern is the progress of the society, healthy families and children.
I am not interested in Gender wars for whatever purpose.

Good for you,but not all females share your ideology.
Many of them enjoy bashing men and putting men down.
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
Well seeing how you self can blindly defend the actions of men, you are guilty of what you accuse others of.
If someone does wrong let's be bold enough to say the truth no matter the gender
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Dantedasz(m): 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
debrief08: Well seeing how you self can blindly defend the actions of men, you are guilty of what you accuse others of.
If someone does wrong let's be bold enough to say the truth no matter the gender

True! The problem is how many women on this forum or even in the world do this?
This poor man was beaten up and assaulted by his partner,but already he has been called a wimp.
We should condemn all forms of domestic violence whether committed by males or females.
Until we realise no sex has a monoploy on violence and condemn it in all forms at all time we will keep seeing these situations in relationships,
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by luvmijeje(f): 3:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
Eeeehn! Op, are you sure these are pixs of the couple? The guy look tougher, meaner and bigger. Well, I hope justice is bought to bare.
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by bebe2(f): 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2013
luvmijeje: Eeeehn! Op, are you sure these are pixs of the couple? The guy look tougher, meaner and bigger. Well, I hope justice is bought to bare.

No be by tougher,
If the guy hit the woman an bigger wahala
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
luvmijeje: Eeeehn! Op, are you sure these are pixs of the couple? The guy look tougher, meaner and bigger. Well, I hope justice is bought to bare.

9ja mentality, I am sure the guy did not fight back. Some men in other parts of the world will refuse to hit their women even if they are being assaulted. They will just call the police to sort things out. If he hit her back, he would be the one in prison and trust me, he will not get out for a very long time. But in this case, I am sure the chic will be out in no time with a small fine. To beat woman in America na big trouble o!
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Princesszoe: 11:50am On Aug 04, 2013
In one way , i felt like laughing while in other way i felt bad. I hope the man did not start the fight but got beaten up along the line. A woman beating a big man like that? Where did she borrowed the power from? Maybe she is being possessed by a spirit husband or so. Please this is wickedness and disrespect of the highest level. A woman that has won some good awards outside but unfortunately won kung fu award inside her home. Please let justice prevail.
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by slimyem: 11:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
The man must have provoked her. tongue I pity her. cool
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by armyofone(m): 2:46am On Aug 05, 2013
sexua.l demand maybe grin
midnight beating kwa grin

slimyem: The man must have provoked her. tongue I pity her. cool
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by baby124: 3:40am On Aug 05, 2013
Hmmm. Some women may look frail but are Jackie chan trainees. That man looks tough but see who got arrested. What is bad is bad though cry
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Joyous86(f): 5:37am On Aug 05, 2013
slimyem: The man must have provoked her. tongue I pity her. cool
pity her for beating her husband up shey?
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by Vansnickers: 6:06am On Aug 05, 2013
This World is just Fu.cked up. A woman beats her husband, the husband is called a wimp. A man beats his wife and the man is called a Beast.

Feminism has ruined everything. Bunch of Cu.nts.
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by StellaBella(f): 6:47am On Aug 05, 2013
Kai,
Do not mess with Spanish women they are feisty.
Comprende ?
Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by nikkyshyne(f): 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2013
She is too fine for this nau.

1 Like

Re: TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) by bukatyne(f): 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
Was the couple involved in a fight or did the wife beat the hubby?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Life Of Kids With Limited Limbs / What Do You Call Your Dad? / Relocation Sales!All Barely 2 year's, Agege Lagos,very Good Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.