Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Personal Health Tips For Programmers And People Who Work On Computers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Personal Health Tips For Programmers And People Who Work On Computers (1072 Views)

Blogging.com.ng Needs Bloggers And People With Msword Skills / Hackers Had 'full Functional Control' Of Nasa Computers / Webmasters And People Who Loves Making Money On The Internet, Hot Money$$$$$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Personal Health Tips For Programmers And People Who Work On Computers by spikesC(m): 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2013
From personal experience...

1. Always take short breaks during development.

2. Always put on your surround/room lights.
Direct rays from the screen would hurt your eyes more, especially from a laptop cos you're very close.

3. If possible, connect your laptop to a wider screen (your TV or Larger monitor).
You can get a TV cable, HDMI cable or projector cable very very cheap.

4. Reduce the brightness of your computer, please, and/or get a screen cover.(Sun glasses won't work)

5. Ergonomic chairs or not, always change sitting/lying positions when coding (thanks to freelancing).

6. Try to limit your night working hours. I keep mine at 3am, after that, i wrap up and get some sleep.

7. If you must work very late and long hours, compensate your health with more sleep during the day.
Therefore, always plan ahead, work late when you're sure you won't be disturbed the next day.

Tip: You'll be more productive without affecting your health if you sleep early, wake in the middle of the night, and work till morning.

Remember: Night for day, day for night. You can't eat your kwuli kwuli and have it back undecided

#happyCoding

2 Likes

Re: Personal Health Tips For Programmers And People Who Work On Computers by Djtm(m): 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
Nice piece! I remember last year when I went to spend some time with my uncle. He wouldn't allow me to use my laptop if there's no electricity. Light goes, you shut down. And he 'drags' me in by 2:30am when I was just getting started. I was pissed but I knew it was for my own good. Advantages of staying with medical personnel. Btw, I break all those rules now. I sleep whenever I'm out of inspiration or I just can't figure out what's wrong.
Re: Personal Health Tips For Programmers And People Who Work On Computers by spikesC(m): 2:03pm On Aug 03, 2013
Djtm: Nice piece! I remember last year when I went to spend some time with my uncle. He wouldn't allow me to use my laptop if there's no electricity. Light goes, you shut down. And he 'drags' me in by 2:30am when I was just getting started. I was pissed but I knew it was for my own good. Advantages of medical personnel.

hahahah grin
Just getting started by 2:30am cheesy

1 Like

Re: Personal Health Tips For Programmers And People Who Work On Computers by Djtm(m): 2:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
spikes C:

hahahah grin
Just getting started by 2:30am cheesy

lol, yeah, that's when stuffs get interesting.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Admin Contact / Hello Every1 Am A Young Writer Pls.check Out The Website I Built Using Nokia X2 / Photo Of The Day: How Nigerian Bloggers Behave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.