Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies (20821 Views)

A Man Set Ablaze Because Of Being Intimate With His Mother In Enugu (pics) / A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. / 10 Years Old Girl Set Self On Fire In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by trux(m): 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
The 11-year old girl that was allegedly set ablaze by a nurse in Surulere area of Lagos, southwest Nigeria, is dead. On Tuesday P.M.NEWS reported how the victim, Ita Bassey-Eno, was set ablaze and was in the throes of death because of the severe burns she suffered.

Her mistress, Mrs Nkese Iroakazi, was alleged to have poured kerosene on her body and lit a match stick to set her ablaze after she allegedly stole a piece of meat from the pot.

The victim, who was rushed to the Burns and Trauma Centre, General Hospital, Gbagada, last Saturday was said to have suffered 95 percent degree of burns all over her body.

After doctors battled to save her life for five days, Bassey-Eno eventually died in the early hours of today due to the high degree of burns she suffered.

•Ita Bassey-Eno, dies

Mrs Esther Ogwu, Executive Director, Esther Child Rights Foundation, the non governmental organisation, NGO, fighting for justice for the child, confirmed to P.M.NEWS that the little girl had eventually died, and that the NGO would ensure that the alleged culprit was punished.

Nurses at the hospital said the little girl died around 2.00 a.m. today as she could not survive the excruciating pains caused by the severe burns on her body.

The girl’s fate appeared sealed last Saturday when she was said to have been set ablaze. sources said the girl ran out of their apartment at 7, Adeniran Ogunsanya Street, Surulere, unto to the main road with fire all over her body as she cried for help from passers-by.

It was gathered that a motorist immediately stopped her vehicle and used the fire extinguisher in her car to put out the flames.

The matter was promptly reported at the Bode Thomas Police Station and the alleged culprit was arrested.

Bassey-Eno’s private part was damaged as a result of the burns, while almost all parts of her body were badly burnt.

At the Bode Thomas Police Station, police sources alleged that the little girl revealed, before her death five days later, that her mistress poured kerosene on her and set her ablaze.

The police at the station said the woman would be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, for further investigation into the matter, but Ogwu alleged that the police were trying to shield the woman from the long arm of the law.

In her statement at the police station, Nkese denied that she poured kerosene on the little girl and set her ablaze by lighting a match stick.

According to her, she was in the sitting room when she heard a loud cry and rushed out only to see the girl on fire and called on people to help put out the fire.

Nkese is still being held at the SCID, Panti, where she is being interrogated.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/08/02/girl-set-ablaze-by-nurse-dies/

1 Like

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
95% burns? There's hardly any surviving that. Poor child!

What kind violent psycho sets a child on fire for eating meat? May she burn in hell.

People! Learn and teach stop, drop and roll to minimize burn injuries.....

17 Likes

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2013
jesus,so she finally gave up, rip girl i pray ur soul be accepted in heaven.
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Emmyk(m): 8:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
ileobatojo:
People! Learn and teach stop, drop and roll to minimize burn injuries.....

I doubt anyone in pains will remember the tips... All that will come to your senses is RUN! RUN!! RUN!!!

Rip

3 Likes

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Dantedasz(m): 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
Some women treat their employees worse than slaves.
Such women deserve the hottest corners of hell.

Soon some poster will come here to blame the neighbours and co-tenants for the satanic actions of this she-devil.

3 Likes

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by coogar: 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
poverty is a curse - set ablazed for stealing a chunk of meat in the pot? nigerian women and their brutish ways.....

4 Likes

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Sanboy25: 10:15pm On Aug 03, 2013
R.I.P to the little angel. cry
May the wicked witch burn in Hell. angry

2 Likes

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 04, 2013
May her soul Rest In Peace sad

1 Like

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Nobody: 1:58am On Aug 04, 2013
Sad story... End time Tins

1 Like

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Standing5(m): 1:58am On Aug 04, 2013
Wicked!
The offender needs to be thought a lesson.
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by musiwa37: 1:59am On Aug 04, 2013
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by dadee007(m): 2:02am On Aug 04, 2013
RIP to the poor girl. To the woman, the charges have now changed from attempted murder to murder. I hope she gets her day in court and may justice be served.

1 Like

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 04, 2013
May God keep all the little girls in this country, seems like all the odds are against them.

3 Likes

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by seedord247(m): 2:05am On Aug 04, 2013
sexytabhi: May her soul Rest In Peace sad

Maaami.... Please dont kill us with your profile picture.

@topic
cry cry cry
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by manny4life(m): 2:07am On Aug 04, 2013
And someone was trying to justify from the original thread maybe the girl set herself on fire...I have never cursed out on NL, IT WILL NEVER BE WELL WITH YOU AND YOUR LOUSY COMMENT.

Imagine a lil child, just died because of wickedness and callousness...That woman will never know peace. Those who leave by the sword will die by the sword. She has reaped what she has sown..

3 Likes

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by SwitnessA(m): 2:07am On Aug 04, 2013
May her soul nd souls of d faithfully departed 2ru d mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by SwitnessA(m): 2:12am On Aug 04, 2013
See wat wickeness nd lack of self control hv caused her. Nw she has enough meat to eat. As if she did nt steal wen she was a kid.

4 Likes

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Afam4eva(m): 2:13am On Aug 04, 2013

Mrs Esther Ogwu, Executive Director, Esther Child Rights Foundation, the non governmental organisation, NGO, fighting for justice for the child, confirmed to P.M.NEWS that the little girl had eventually died, and that the NGO would ensure that the alleged culprit was punished.
I think this woman deserves an award. I always see her name and her foundation wherever something like this happens. It shows that she and her foundation are really working hard to protect the right of the Nigerian child.

4 Likes

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 04, 2013
There is a special place in hell for her but for now let her face the justice system and i hope her fellow inmates deal with her
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by olapluto(m): 2:25am On Aug 04, 2013
In a period of less than 2 weeks, THREE (3) under-aged children have died in the hands of brutal Nigerian women. In the 2 weeks leading to that, 'societal women' and 'emergency activists' were more concerned about the age of changing citizenship.
I think it is now clear where the child right activists need to address if they're genuinely working for the Nigerian child. Shame we don't have petitions to sign to save these children. Can we have a minimum age for housegirls just as we are about to have one for marriage?
This issue of house-girl eats deep into the moral conscience of a lot of Nigerians. The way these maids are treated is shameful. I personally will not condone a maid in my household if I fear my wife is belligerent. I remember about 10 years ago when a neighbor of mine had this 9 year old maid. Everyday I walked pass the little girl washing heap load of clothes or fetching water from a well, humanity in me cries. I was helpless because I was not aware of any means of helping the girl. The girl had been enslaved for over a decade and has now matured into a pregnatable girl. That is a life handed to her by her mistress.
Except we have well meaning charities to cater for these innocent children, we risk having a generation of bitter mothers in years to come. The government has proven to be as useless as it gets.

13 Likes

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 04, 2013
Gosh it so sad,but that little girl must have been suffering so. She is now out of pain but i hope that the evil biatch who did that to her recieve the full brunt of the law.
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Ama28(f): 2:26am On Aug 04, 2013
Poor child
She deserves justice!
That perpetrator shouldn't be allowed to see the day light!

I have this question, how can you sleep at night after been violent to someone!
God have mercy, a child at that who can't hit back or put up defence,
May her soul rest in peace.
I think we need a policy against giving out children as domestic servants!

3 Likes

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by supaeagles(m): 2:26am On Aug 04, 2013
coogar: poverty is a curse - set ablazed for stealing a chunk of meat in the pot? nigerian women and their brutish ways.....
bros, I think it should be ...some people.... because craziness/wickedness knows no skin color,race,ethnicity, gender or even social status.

RIP little girl .... I know you are surely in a better place and we hope/pray there will be justice for your life taken away so brutally cry cry
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Opey4luv(m): 2:36am On Aug 04, 2013
R.I.P
Situations like this sometimes makes me wonder if God is fair, this woman is suppose to be dead by now.
She deserve nothing but death and a hot session with the devil.
God knows best sha.
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by 9japrinze(m): 2:43am On Aug 04, 2013
EEya! what a wicked world cry cry cry
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by ichomi(m): 3:06am On Aug 04, 2013
so sad
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by lecrae(m): 3:11am On Aug 04, 2013
Chai, ;( , sad news ...dats why im doin evrything i can do to help children #Innercitymissiontins
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by ZACHIE: 3:14am On Aug 04, 2013
With followers like this, what justification do we have to badmouth our leaders?
Where this woman comes from there lies many more like her.
I just hope the Police will serve her a good dose of what she did to the poor child.

1 Like

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:44am On Aug 04, 2013
That woman should be given maximum punishment. She just wasted the young girl.
Last Bullet:
Say no to child abuse, child molestation, child trraficking & child marriage. The children are our future.
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by Nobody: 3:53am On Aug 04, 2013
MUST THEY REPORT DT SHE IS A NURSE?
Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by BinghiNya(m): 3:57am On Aug 04, 2013
Christian woman again ? R..I.p poor girl the nurse may be a member of mfm die by fire @nurse your place in jaanamah is assured, wicked christian woman.. Thank God the nurse isn't a muslim

1 Like

Re: Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:05am On Aug 04, 2013
Eyaa...she died! sad. RIP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is Your Next Of Kin? / A Family Man Can Have This Too: / 21 Tell Tale Signs Of Emotional Abuse in marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.