Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? (18172 Views)

APC BoT Chair: Tinubu, Atiku Renew Rivalries / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by OAM4J: 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2013
Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities?

I think ethnic rivalries and hostilities in this section has gone far enough and we need to put an end to it. I understand mistakes were made by many of our leaders in the past and in the present and we need to discuss these matters. But we don't have to let the actions of our leaders and mistakes of few people degenerate into ethnic rivalries and hostilities.

Let us discuss the actions of individuals and not turn them into Yoruba Vs Igbo, Hausa Vs Yoruba, Igbo Vs Ijaw etc.

While we believe in freedom of speech and expression, we would not want such freedom to be used in advocating enmity and hatred among different ethnic groups. Many of us get along just fine both online and offline. Therefore:

1. Please always discuss on topic and focus on the individuals involved in the topic. Any attempt to turn a topic into one ethnic Vs another will be addressed by the moderators. We can discuss the actions Fashola, GEJ, Ojukwu, Awolowo, Ameachi, Buhari,Tinubu etc without equating their actions to their ethnics and turn the topic to one ethnic Vs another.

2. Threads on purely ethnics issues should be opened in ethnic section, if moderators feel that anyone that opens such thread in politics section is not making an honest mistake but an attempt to promote ethnic rivalries or disrespect an ethnic group, such poster might be given a long ban depending on moderators conviction.

3. Crime stories should only be opened in Crime section, and no attempt should be made to make a crime of an individual a crime of an ethnic group. There are good and bad people from every ethnic group, tribe and race.

4. Ethnic insults and mockeries are against the rules and might attract longer ban from now on.

I dont enjoy banning members, hence my appeal.

Cheers!

14 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2013
Co-signed.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by maclatunji: 9:17pm On Aug 03, 2013
Excellent move.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2013
Thanks @ op but I will also appeal to the mod to put more of economic issues that augment employment opportunities, skills, demograhic taxonomy of buz environment, intra and enterprenuership etc to help reduce the ENVY some people have against the business acumen and bouyancy of Jewish people of Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by funkybaby(f): 9:20pm On Aug 03, 2013
Spoilsport cool tongue kiss
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Tolexander: 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
The recent tribal bashing is getting very alarming.

Am afraid i may join the band wagon if not curbed.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Standing5(m): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2013
We can.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by advocate666: 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2013
Is a particular tribe afraid of something?

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2013
@OAM4J

Ehtnic rivalries and hostilities stop when you start to permanently ban whoever first throw the first punch. Just be on the look out of certain people who their first response is to call you fool, cowards, and all kinds of names......

Start banning offenders permanently and stop issuing few days ban that you currently give.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by advocate666: 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2013
I remember a former a former mod, ikenna or some name like that, that wanted to stop tribalism here. He ended up resigning. OAM4J or whatever you call yourself, if you are tired of moderating, tell Seun. Don't speak to us like we are your little kids. Such talk and admonitions just because you are on mantle of invisible moderator of a small forum is very insulting to us. We are Nigerians and we behave as we want. If you want civilised behaviour, go and moderate the scottish.

11 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by advocate666: 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2013
payless: @OAM4J

Ehtnic rivalries and hostilities stop when you start to permanently ban whoever first throw the first punch. Just be on the look out of certain people who their first response is to call you fool, cowards, and all kinds of names......

Start banning offenders permanently and stop issuing few days ban that you currently give.

Then Seun's website would go down in traffic.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by takedat(m): 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
cheesy
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
Really? You want tribal war to end?

Please google "yorubas are" and tell me why it should stop.

Ibos have flooded google servers with tribal slurs against yorubas through nairaland for far too long.

7 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Tropilo(m): 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2013
I think the moderators are the biggest problems here. They seem to take side(s) or probably enjoy the altercations.

You find treads that are against a particular ethnic group find its way to the front very fast to generate enough "burning steam" so long as it casts aspercion on the ethnic group he the moderator tacitly hates.

If there is any sincerity in towards this ethnic bashing and rivalry, i think the moderators should firstly, "talk to the man in the mirror".

5 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by OAM4J: 9:56pm On Aug 03, 2013
advocate666: I remember a former a former mod, ikenna or some name like that, that wanted to stop tribalism here. He ended up resigning. OAM4J or whatever you call yourself, if you are tired of moderating, tell Seun. Don't speak to us like we are your little kids. Such talk and admonitions just because you are on mantle of invisible moderator of a small forum is very insulting to us. We are Nigerians and we behave as we want. If you want civilised behaviour, go and moderate the scottish.

I believe majoritties of Nigerians are civil people and until I receive any evidence in the contrary, I will hold on to my believe and protect civil members against uncivil members.

advocate666:

Contrary to your believe and to many of you who think ethnic rivalries bring traffic to NL; breaking news, trending news, educative and beneficial topics are the real traffic generators. Threads on ethnic rivalries are actually turn-offs to many members.

6 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by 2mch(m): 9:56pm On Aug 03, 2013
django1: Really? You want tribal war to end?

Ibos have flooded google servers with tribal slurs against yorubas through nairaland for far too long.

Exactly let them remove all that and we can talk. SMH. Now that Yoruba's decided to retaliate you are calling for peace. Are we that brutal? Have you guys been blind, deaf and dumb. OAM4J keep hiding my post.

11 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Caracta(f): 9:56pm On Aug 03, 2013
advocate666: I remember a former a former mod, ikenna or some name like that, that wanted to stop tribalism here. He ended up resigning. OAM4J or whatever you call yourself, if you are tired of moderating, tell Seun. Don't speak to us like we are your little kids. Such talk and admonitions just because you are on mantle of invisible moderator of a small forum is very insulting to us. We are Nigerians and we behave as we want. If you want civilised behaviour, go and moderate the scottish.

He made a plea yet it sounded as an insult to you. The level of thinking of some people on this forum is negatively alarming. "We are Nigerians and we behave as we want."? Charity begins at home. I hope your wife and kids can behave as they want too...without law and order.

Live and let live. Why are you against peace? Stop potraying Nigerians as lawless people, yet you want your politicians to act right. You condemn but don't want to be condemned. Some of you cannot even successfully rule a community of 20 people.

We agree to disagree. Only ADULTS understand the concept of PEACE and constructive criticism. We understand it is totally beyond you.

26 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2013
advocate666:

If that's what it takes to get sanity back. Seun has to decide what he wants between sanity and traffic. Whichever one pleases him, he should take it now.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2013

Someone like you are the problems we face here. What is wrong with what the moderator said? You should walk away from nairalnad if you don't want to be moderated. You just want to be left alone to spew venoms with no moderator in sight.

4 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by billante(m): 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2013
I have a long list of people dat need lengthy banning!
Starting with ilugunboy and ji sun park!.....they whine all day with no break at all....they have been on igbo bashing since wednesday!

5 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2013
Tropilo: I think the moderators are the biggest problems here. They seem to take side(s) or probably enjoy the altercations.

You find treads that are against a particular ethnic group find its way to the front very fast to generate enough "burning steam" so long as it casts aspercion on the ethnic group he the moderator tacitly hates.

If there is any sincerity in towards this ethnic bashing and rivalry, i think the moderators should firstly, "talk to the man in the mirror".

I have seen that countless of times while Afam on the site moderating.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by cKaiser: 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
Its pointless where we are now.

Yorubas have been bending backwards too much just to appear sophisticated and moderate. Thats what pushed Seun to appointed extremely biased Ibo mods like Afam and sexkillz to ruin the forum

Everyday on here Tinubu and other Yoruba leaders gets abused by almost every Ibo nothing was done, Later they moved to Fashola, Later to Soyinka and we Yorubas are still taking it in

Some people have done it forever uncurbed its now time for the other side to retaliate and the retaliation might go beyond the internet because previously uninterested Yorubas are now getting to know that their indifference is actually hurting

I know a few Yoruba posters who never used to care but now, they have had enough and are fighting back.

Previously how many times do you see nitrogen, babe_online, Kulyie etc post tribal posts? But the Ibos have pushed them to their limits.

Lets continue in the current mode and lets see who lose. Nobody has the monopoly of anything

15 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by thomason: 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2013
django1: Really? You want tribal war to end?

There is a guy called FSU, he is always proud to tell you to google "Yorubas are" Yet the owner of this forum is a yoruba guy, Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Maxymilliano(m): 10:17pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hmmm... Sanity on the horizon?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by billante(m): 10:18pm On Aug 03, 2013
cKaiser: Its pointless where we are now.

Yorubas have been bending backwards too much just to appear sophisticated and moderate.

Everyday on here Tinubu and other Yoruba leaders gets abused by almost every Ibo nothing was done, Later they moved to Fashola, Later to Soyinka and we Yorubas are still taking it in

Some people have done it forever uncurbed its now time for the other side to retaliate and the retaliation might go beyond the internet because previously uninterested Yorubas are now getting to know that their indifference is actually hurting

I know a few Yoruba posters who never used to care but now, they have had enough and are fighting back.

Previously how many times do you see nitrogen, babe_online, Kulyie etc post tribal posts? But the Ibos have pushed them to their limits.

Lets continue in the current mode and lets see who lose. Nobody has the monopoly of anything

And you actually think you are winning the war??

And don't say you guys are retaliating anything cause its not an igbo dat put up the action that started this war!

7 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by cKaiser: 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2013
billante: And you actually think you are winning the war??

And don't say you guys are retaliating anything cause its not an igbo dat put up the action that started this war!

The motive is to get many Yorubas in our cities to know whats going on and where their laid back attitude has gotten them

If they continue in the line where it would get them. Its already working, More people on ground are becoming more aware and very soon their cups would be full and would overflow

Now people are realising that in the direction soon foreigners would ask for traditional posts to be elective just to satisfy them

That to us is winning. Its part of the strategic thinking

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
Can somebody goggle "Yoruba are"
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2013
cKaiser:

The motive is to get many Yorubas in our cities to know whats going on and where their laid back attitude has gotten them

If they continue in the line where it would get them. Its already working, More people on ground are becoming more aware and very soon their cups would be full and would overflow

Now people are realising that in the direction soon foreigners would ask for traditional posts to be elective just to satisfy them

I can tell you that a lot of Yorubas are now aware of what is going on.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2013
payless:

I can tell you that a lot of Yorubas are now aware of what is going on.
when will your pipe dream and anachronistic thinking cease?

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by billante(m): 10:27pm On Aug 03, 2013
cKaiser:

@OAMJ pls start with dis guy! He is one of them....what nonsense is he talking about!

This nonsense tribal bashing are done by not more than 30 yorubas out of thousands that are on nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Budget:presidency 2 Spend Mor On State House Clinic Than All Teaching Hospitals / How God Saved Me From Dasukigate – Senator Arise / Juliet Ibekaku Rejects Ekweremadu’s Senatorial Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.