Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,357 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:06 PM

Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? (1389 Views)

Never Been Approached By A Guy / At 28 No Man Has Ever Approached Me For Sex, A Lady Laments(photo) / Shy Girls: How To Talk To Them... Do They Want To Be Approached? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 04, 2013
This would really help gents out there who are dying to approach the lady of their dreams minimize flops and possible rejections...so lads, how would you prefer to be approached by guys who are interested in a relationship?
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 04, 2013
I don't expect any lady to comment on this thread because now a days you don't need grammar to approach a lady; just show them 5ive #100 notes and instantly, you become the man of dir dream
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by LoveAmaka88(f): 10:24am On Aug 04, 2013
I need to have an initial conversation with you that is so intellectually intriguing that I am checking my phone for you to call me and racking my brain for clever things to say. Calling me over to you or catcalling me will result in me ignoring you. Saying something about the way I look is a bad idea. Asking me for my number before you know my name and general direction in life means you are too impatient to find out if I'm worth calling before you call me so why would I talk to you on the phone. A "hello, my name is _____" with a firm handshake and eye contact is actually a good approach for me. Usually from the moment of your first approach I am interviewing you. If you treat it like a job interview: confident, polite, willing to answer questions...etc I'll open up and things will go very well. Did you every start a job interview very formally and professionally, but end up in a relaxed casual conversation with the interviewer? It's a willingness to share and the ability to engage me that I find impressive. Don't start off asking me questions. I'll volunteer information based on your own willingness to share information.

Sample Conversation:
J: Hi, my name is John. (Extend hand for handshake)
G: Hi, my name is Grace. (Handshake)
J: Nice to meet you Grace. You know, I'm here with a group of really good friends from college, but I decided I wanted venture beyond our table and meet new people.
G: (Laugh) Oh, where did you all go to school?

The moment she asks you a question, you've won a conversation with her.

I started talking to one guy because he saved me from this creepy guy at a party who grabbed me and won't let my hand go. Grabbing me will have negative results. Anyway, the guy who saved me helped me find my friends (I got separated from the group) and introduced himself to all of us together. We had a great night and did a brunch the next day. He was confident, friendly, nice to my friends ***, and he recognized that I wanted to be respected as a person not worshiped as an object. The reason being nice to my friends is important to me is because how you treat other people let's me know more about you than smiling in my face because you like me.

8 Likes

Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by Lobolintin(m): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2013
babe u too much ooo
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by MrCork: 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
LoveAmaka88:
I need to have an initial conversation with you that is so intellectually intriguing that I am checking my phone for you to call me and racking my brain for clever things to say. Calling me over to you or catcalling me will result in me ignoring you. Saying something about the way I look is a bad idea. Asking me for my number before you know my name and general direction in life means you are too impatient to find out if I'm worth calling before you call me so why would I talk to you on the phone. A "hello, my name is _____" with a firm handshake and eye contact is actually a good approach for me. Usually from the moment of your first approach I am interviewing you. If you treat it like a job interview: confident, polite, willing to answer questions...etc I'll open up and things will go very well. Did you every start a job interview very formally and professionally, but end up in a relaxed casual conversation with the interviewer? It's a willingness to share and the ability to engage me that I find impressive. Don't start off asking me questions. I'll volunteer information based on your own willingness to share information.

Sample Conversation:
J: Nice to meet you Grace. You know, I'm here with a group of really good friends from college, but I decided I wanted venture beyond our table and meet new people.

I started talking to one guy because he saved me from this creepy guy at a party who grabbed me and won't let my hand go. Grabbing me will have negative results. Anyway, the guy who saved me helped me find my friends (I got separated from the group) and introduced himself to all of us together. We had a great night and did a brunch the next day. He was confident, friendly, nice to my friends ***, and he recognized that I wanted to be respected as a person not worshiped as an object. The reason being nice to my friends is important to me is because how you treat other people let's me know more about you than smiling in my face because you like me.

...so the guy took u to a club... Spends serrrrious moiney & u refuse to let him press u??...for me, this is why I cant stand black women (no oofeince)angry

3 Likes

Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
Ummm...NO I was at a party with a group of female friends. When I got separated from my friends, some man (a stranger) grabbed me and wouldn't let me go until this guy came up to us and politely asked him to let me go. The guy who saved me then stayed with me until I found my friends.

@ Mr. Cork--No one buys or sells me. I'm glad you don't like black women. I'm sure they don't like you.
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by MrsChima(f): 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
Email.
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
LoveAmaka88:

Sample Conversation:

Damn, its about that time...erhm *handshake please, my name's André, may i know urs?
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by pendo89(f): 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
LoveAmaka88:
Ummm...NO I was at a party with a group of female friends. When I got separated from my friends, some man (a stranger) grabbed me and wouldn't let me go until this guy came up to us and politely asked him to let me go. The guy who saved me then stayed with me until I found my friends.

@ Mr. Cork--No one buys or sells me. I'm glad you don't like black women. I'm sure they don't like you.

LOL.
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
pendo89:

LOL.
Pendo u always hve sumtin gud to say, so...
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by MOBBDEEP: 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
LoveAmaka88:

Sample Conversation:

But we were taught that the height of impoliteness & uncivility in social etiquette is for a male to extend his hand to a lady 1st, for a handshake.
You might not find real gentlemen offering you their hands 1st or what do you think?
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by shirleywhyte(f): 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
A good joke and a friendly attitude gets my attention..

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by fankasibe: 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hello miss!!
I can't help but admire ur natural beauty, u look so adorable and obviously charming......i do nt mean to be rude by asking if i could be ur friend (se.x in my mind)

OR

omo élé, see as u set die, kilo n happen na? Fun mi ni numba re kin halla re....

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by Harmvirus(f): 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
Yeah because the other way round is kinda awkward to me
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by flyingdove(m): 7:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
ii think a lady would appreciate it more when u display the much needed confidence..... It could be either in ur spoken words or body language...
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by Fkforyou(m): 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
Impressive cool....@amaka
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2013
Girls will never teach u how to toast them because they want a man who is intelligent enough to know what to do, if she teaches u how to approach her, expect her to be slapping u every day.

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by djeezy(m): 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nice thread. This will reduce the FAQ by young chaps on this section.
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
LoveAmaka88:

Sample Conversation:

babes you have got too much confidence, class and poise. At the expense of sounding rude, most nigerian girls I've met are crude and do not understand the dynamics of meeting new people. They forget that sometimes a guy might just want to talk even if he wants more than a conversation.

They feel replying and chatting with a strange guy makes them a hore. Girls really need to learn proper etiquette.

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
-Mr Cork-:

...so the guy took u to a club... Spends serrrrious moiney & u refuse to let him press u??...for me, this is why I cant stand black women (no oofeince)angry
na okpo she be when you must press instantly. Sometimes you have to chill, food when man go chop no de pass am. If na ur own, na ur own no man fit take am but remember to chop am as e de hot because once e cold you must heat am first.
Re: Ladies How Would You Prefer To Be Approached By A Guy? by lyfe(m): 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Email.
Creepy. I did that to one Trinidadian chic she pretended she didn't see my mail till today Oloriburuku omo.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

LAGOS: Husband With Lover Catches Wife And Friend In Same Hotel / Is There Any Taboo In Your Younger Ones Getting Married Before You? / 3 Things Guys Do With Pride That Piss Girls Off... From Day 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.