Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389070 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 24, 2013
Olsey:

Good plans..."Employment" is key. Wishing you success in due time.
I have noticed a trend among the top success stories. Despite the grant sum being listed as between N1-10m, they seem to all have proposals costing under N5m and we really do not have access to other contestants to know the highest grant sum given.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Ogetogeo(m): 10:23am On Aug 24, 2013
blink182: I have noticed a trend among the top success stories. Despite the grant sum being listed as between N1-10m, they seem to all have proposals costing under N5m and we really do not have access to other contestants to know the highest grant sum given.

Well, I was with a guy in Kano who got 11m for his transport business.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Manweysabi(m): 10:35am On Aug 24, 2013
blink182: I have noticed a trend among the top success stories. Despite the grant sum being listed as between N1-10m, they seem to all have proposals costing under N5m and we really do not have access to other contestants to know the highest grant sum given.
A friend of mine was given Nine Million naira.
He's into Ginger & pepper farming, and Exportation of such products.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 24, 2013
This is so re assuring, I have been working on the draft of my proposal all day. My total is roughly N9m.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by toluls(m): 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hello, nice thread you got here OP. Pls did you participate in any previous one? Or is there anyone around who has?
Want to find out some things. Like is there a page limit for the biz plan document?
This will aid in planning. Thanks.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
toluls: Hello, nice thread you got here OP. Pls did you participate in any previous one? Or is there anyone around who has?
Want to find out some things. Like is there a page limit for the biz plan document?
This will aid in planning. Thanks.
there is no limit else it would have been stated but it is advisable you keep your plan concise and neat. Usually I don't think it should exceed 5 pages.

Be very concise with your proposal while writing under these headings:

Introduction

Market potential

Basis and Presumptions

Implementation schedule

Technical aspects

Financial aspects-fixed and working capital

Financial analysis-cost of production, fixed cost

These are mainly it, if you know what you are doing, these headings will guide you in writing a very strong business plan in less than 5 typed pages.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tayeni(m): 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
blink182: there is no limit else it would have been stated but it is advisable you keep your plan concise and neat. Usually I don't think it should exceed 5 pages.

Introduction

Market potential

Basis and Presumptions

Implementation schedule

Technical aspects

These are mainly it, if you know what you are doing, these headings will guide you in writing a very strong business plan in less than 5 typed pages.
great insight. Pls can anyone suggest where to get reliable figures and statistics to back up my market size estimation or quantity of demand. We all knw Nigeria has no serious data base. And also....hw can one carry out a simple credible survey........mine is a small business. Can't afford a formal consultant to carry out survey
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 26, 2013
Tayeni: great insight. Pls can anyone suggest where to get reliable figures and statistics to back up my market size estimation or quantity of demand. We all knw Nigeria has no serious data base. And also....hw can one carry out a simple credible survey........mine is a small business. Can't afford a formal consultant to carry out survey
you should do that on your own because you will need exact or very close approximates.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Excelboi(m): 8:40am On Aug 26, 2013
@all, they are yet to start accepting proposals or is it from my end? @blink, have they started collecting applications? Will draft my own soonest.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
Excelboi: @all, they are yet to start accepting proposals or is it from my end? @blink, have they started collecting applications? Will draft my own soonest.
They have not started but I want to type mine down so when they start accepting, all I have to do is copy and paste. I should start typing this evening.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tayeni(m): 1:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
blink182: you should do that on your own because you will need exact or very close approximates.
I knw.....Im just confused on hw to go about it......take for example...I wanna produce food products dt r new in d market. And nafdac won't allow me test market them And I need to extrapolate frm d figures I get after test marketing them within a small and manageable part of my city. I hate telling pple hw successful my idea will b without hving numbers to back it up.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tayeni(m): 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
blink182: They have not started but I want to type mine down so when they start accepting, all I have to do is copy and paste. I should start typing this evening.
hey blink.....heard we hv to follow a certain template....like filling up a form....sorta. Seems you appliedbfor d last one......do you hv d template?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
Tayeni: I knw.....Im just confused on hw to go about it......take for example...I wanna produce food products dt r new in d market. And nafdac won't allow me test market them And I need to extrapolate frm d figures I get after test marketing them within a small and manageable part of my city. I hate telling pple hw successful my idea will b without hving numbers to back it up.
I suggest you drop that plan and work with something else, just my honest opinion. I wanted to go into polythene recycling but the information bottlenecks were just too much, I had to ditch the plan and work with something else and as I have access to information, I have written a very strong plan in under 5 days.

Tayeni: hey blink.....heard we hv to follow a certain template....like filling up a form....sorta. Seems you appliedbfor d last one......do you hv d template?
This is my first time of applying. I do not know of a template.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by OCTAVO: 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
Pls can someone help me with where I can get samples if proposals.
I beg you in the name of GOD, pls help me.
I enrolled in 2011 but I didn't make it.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by toluls(m): 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
OCTAVO: Pls can someone help me with where I can get samples if proposals.
I beg you in the name of GOD, pls help me.
I enrolled in 2011 but I didn't make it.

Search for free/sample biz proposals on google. You'll surely get some.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by toluls(m): 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
blink182: there is no limit else it would have been stated but it is advisable you keep your plan concise and neat. Usually I don't think it should exceed 5 pages.

Introduction

Market potential

Basis and Presumptions

Implementation schedule

Technical aspects

Fnks man, i appreciate.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by OCTAVO: 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
toluls:

Search for free/sample biz proposals on google. You'll surely get some.
Ok, thanks man, I'll do that. But incase you have any sample you can forward it to my mail omortorla@yahoo.com
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by toluls(m): 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
OCTAVO:
Ok, thanks man, I'll do that. But incase you have any sample you can forward it to my mail omortorla@yahoo.com

Good you dropped ur addy, i'll snd one to you now. You said you applied in 2011, pls wats the process for submitting the plan? Do we jst upload a word document or copy and paste it on the website like some pple said? Pls share any info that can be of help, since you av an experience.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by OCTAVO: 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
toluls:

Good you dropped ur addy, i'll snd one to you now. You said you applied in 2011, pls wats the process for submitting the plan? Do we jst upload a word document or copy and paste it on the website like some pple said? Pls share any info that can be of help, since you av an experience.
It's copy and paste.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Sunglow: 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2013
Login to youwin site today,and i created my youwin acct.My idea is a simple one,but lookin for some1 to help finetune it.Pls any suggestions?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by OCTAVO: 5:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
toluls:

I've not gotten your mail.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stardeejay2: 9:40am On Aug 28, 2013
Hi All...I have a 25 paged proposal on water production. Hope this is not too much?
I also will like to know from the oldies if they are not Nepotistic in their selections but strictly on merit?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by OCTAVO: 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
OCTAVO:
Pls anybody with a sample of proposal should help out. Thanks.
Omortorla@yahoo.com
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tayeni(m): 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2013
stardeejay2: Hi All...I have a 25 paged proposal on water production. Hope this is not too much?
I also will like to know from the oldies if they are not Nepotistic in their selections but strictly on merit?
water bizness is going to b common like pure water(pun intended)among d entries. I didn't say that to knock ur idea o. I just feel you will need to think haaaaaard to find factors dt r going to make urs different.....a run-of-the-mill idea will b a hard sell. But I'm sure you knw.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by toluls(m): 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
OCTAVO:

Iv sent one to you, twice. Attached is a munched screen showing its sent. Check ur spam folder.

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by OCTAVO: 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2013
toluls:

Iv sent one to you, twice. Attached is a munched screen showing its sent. Check ur spam folder.
Wow, thanks. But I didn't see it o. I will use my Gmail account to send you a PM. Pls you can kindly forward it there cos it's like yahoo is misbehaving. Thanks.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 29, 2013
Olsey: YouWiN – Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria – is an innovative business plan competition, by the federal government of Nigeria, aimed at job creation by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas.
The first round of the competition was awarded in 2011 with 1200 successful businesses. Here is a very informative interview with one of the 2011 YouWINers. The 2012 (second) round of the entrepreneurial scheme – YouWIN Women, was designed exclusively for female entrepreneurs, age 45 or less.

Introducing YouWin 3!

The 2013 YouWIN Business competition (third edition) will be launched by the president, in the month of August, for both men and women entrepreneurs in Nigeria (between ages 18 and 40.)

Step 1: See Who is Eligible to Apply
To be eligible for the Business Plan Competition you must satisfy the following criteria

You must be a proven citizen of Nigeria no older than 40 years (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required)
You must have a post-secondary school qualification
Your proposed business venture must be within the national borders of Nigeria, and with the intention of employing Nigerian citizens.
Your proposed venture must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution
You must prepare an innovative business concept summary

You must choose to participate in one award pool. There are 6 regional pools on the basis of geo-political zone as identified by market in which you want to do business.

Step 2: See How to Apply
Register here. You will receive a confirmation email from YouWIN! with all the details you will need to log in. More on how to apply

Step 3: Complete New Business Application
Once you have successfully registered you need to Log in and click the New Business Application button on the right hand-side (the link will be visible once the competition is launched in August 2013). You can save your application form as you go along, and come back to it at any time. Once you are happy with your application use the Submit button on the form to send it. You can submit only ONE application.
What next?
After the closing date you will be notified if you have been selected for the next stage of the competition.
http://www.scholarship-nigeria.com/2013/08/youwin-business-competition-2013.html
August is almost gone.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizmania(m): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2013
What's up with youwin?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
blink182: What's up with youwin?
I'm also wondering here. we didn't hear anything afterward. sad
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2013
newacca:
I'm also wondering here. we didn't hear anything afterward. sad
afterward? There has been no beforeward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.