Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen (4586 Views)

How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why / The Lords Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement / Am I A Hypocrite For Getting The Lords Prayer Tattoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by alexleo(m): 6:54am On Aug 06, 2013
bizmahn:
Thanks, I've been praying & will ever continue.But I'm yet to find any trace of evidence that Linda's first testimony that you mentioned in your thread was accepted & distributed by the chosen,deeper life,redeemed etc.It appears that incident never occured.As you already know, its not good to give an account that is not confirmed true in something so sensitive that it can destroy the image of a person innocent of the allegation.Perhaps this is part of why Peteregwu is being so defensive to a "fault".Cos you folks really lashed Pastor Lazarus & Chosen in that thread. LOOOL!

I heard somebody from chosen(with my two ears) saying they printed some good copies of the first CD and shared to people as part of evangelism. It may not be an official thing though. It may be members in their zeal that printed it but i heard it from a chosen member. Did your pastor stop them from printing and sharing it? We never heard such. Did your pastor ban the first Cd when she mentioned these other churches? We never heard such. Now, Linda mentioned Deeper life, Redeemed and Winners chapel in her first testimony and we never heard these churches reacting violently to it as we are hearing in Chosen and i ask why should Chosen be different? Even Olaadegbu who is a Deeper life member here was even the one spreading that Linda part one irrespective of the fact that his church was mentioned. Why should chosen case be different? When Linda part one came out, did chosen brand her devil? We never heard such. Why is it that it is in this part two that she mentioned Chosen that all this branding started in their church? Linda mentioned quite a number of other churches even in her part two CD and it is ONLY CHOSEN that we have heard this violent reaction and this is why the whole thing looks suspicious. These are the issues i was raising. I am not justifying Linda, neither am i condemning chosen just like that. I am simply looking at the issues that Linda raised(at least the apron and god of chosen and god of my pastor thing are things we see them do so she is not lying there). I am only using her points to place it side by side with the stiffness of members of chosen in accepting their wrongs, together with the recent violent reactions in their church to make my view about the one she talked about demon being the instigator of all those apron and god of chosen/my pastor stuff. This is why i seem to agree with what she said about them to a large extent. I am not Linda and I ve not met her personally but when somebody says something and you analyze it and see that what is on ground seems to tally with what she is saying then its possible that there are a lot of truth in what she said. I cannot be carried away by the demon you people are calling her without looking into her message. Even the demon testified good about Paul in the bible through a young girl when she was following them and saying- these are men of God. At another time the demon testified good by saying to the seven sons of sceva- Paul i know, Jesus i know but who are you? Demon's testified good about Jesus while he was on earth and all that the demons said in the examples i ve given in the scriptures were true and good. Assuming Linda is a demon and she is testifying this bad about your church, then the more reason why you people need to search yourselves. Lets not use this demon thing and cover what we see chosen people do with our eyes. Even @Peteregwu is displaying it here too as you can see.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by alexleo(m): 7:15am On Aug 06, 2013
bizmahn: My "guess" on the woman that claimed to be struck by thunder after burning chosen materials is this:- In the testimony of Joy David she claimed the aim of the devil through Linda is to pull people out of the chosen so that satan will strike them.If we are to agree with this testimony(which I counsel we rather pray God to show us) then its possible the sisters act of burning the materials was with a firm decision in her heart to backslide from serving God, giving room for satan to thunder strike her in the dream.Remember I said this is a guess & as such may be untrue since we don't know what really happened till God shows us.

To the bold i say that its not possible that you are right. My reason being that, for that woman to burn those chosen materials after hearing the testimony shows that she has the zeal to serve God in spirit and in truth and not follow church tradition. So on hearing that the tradition she was following (thinking she was actually serving God rightly) was not actually from God she decided to do away with such things. And typical of the devil who is never happy when anybody wants to dump his property and face Jesus totally, he(the devil) struck the woman so as to use her to set example and create fear among others who may be planning to do same. We are not ignorant of his devices. God does not torment people when they leave him , it is only satan that does that. Check out ritualists and occultic people who repented, they experience such torments whenever they decide to dump their devilish ways and serve Jesus. We have to be looking at these things from a level playing field. I ve nothing personal against chosen or any church but am against innocent church members being caged with traditions that are not of God. We have not received the gospel of whatever holy materials and church traditions but the gospel of our lord Jesus Christ which is- the kingdom of God.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by Joagbaje(m): 7:55am On Aug 06, 2013
superior1: Good arguments, can you comment on the issue of god of chosen, god of my pastor, baba ijesha etc like some mentioned earlier, is it true members of the church pray in these names?

Of course some members pray and call the God of their pastor or church. I don't subscribe to it. But I understand the perspective. It's has nothing to do with another special God. There were issues like that in the bible which they misapplied . For example God of Jacob, God of abraham ,God of jacob, God of isaac ,God of isreal ,fear of David were terms used to address God. Many capitalise on Paul's prayer too in Philippians 4:19 . Saying "my God" Instead of our God or God rather.

Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Such use is not making reference to another special God,or idolizing the pastor. But it's still not proper anyway. God was clear on who he is based in covenant . He is God of Abraham,Jacob and Isaac

Exodus 3:6
Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

He didnt call himself God of Joseph , why because he made covenants with those three. So apart from God being your God, if you must add any other name . It should be those three , nothing more

1 Like

Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 06, 2013
alexleo: I cannot be carried away by the demon you people are calling her without looking into her message. Even the demon testified good about Paul in the bible through a young girl when she was following them and saying- these are men of God. At another time the demon testified good by saying to the seven sons of sceva- Paul i know, Jesus i know but who are you? Demon's testified good about Jesus while he was on earth and all that the demons said in the examples i ve given in the scriptures were true and good. Assuming Linda is a demon and she is testifying this bad about your church, then the more reason why you people need to search yourselves. Lets not use this demon thing and cover what we see chosen people do with our eyes. Even @Peteregwu is displaying it here too as you can see.
Sorry to edit,but this captured my attention.Demons testifying about Jesus Christ may say the truth,but the motive is defiled and that was why Paul had to cast out the devil from that young girl with the spirit of divination.God does not want the devil testifying about Jesus when he has representatives who could do and fulfill the work of the ministry which is equipping the saints.When the saints are now equipped they now do the work of the ministry.

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. Ephesians 4:11-16 (NKJV)

So for linda who was a former prostitute that gave her life to Christ yesternite to come out and say that Jesus appeared to her and gave her revelation concerning his churches is hog wash and lies to me.She has no authority to climb the pulpit and preach the gospel if she is not yet grounded in the word of God.Even if she has any so called revelation let her sit down first at the feet of the MASTER and learn from Him,the revelation will not be taken away from her.This is what is actually destroying the body of Christ.So many spiritual babes who are not yet schooled in the things of the Spirit claiming they are prophets and prophetesses.SMH!!

That was why i don't blame Paul telling women not to speak in churches,this kind of spirit was prevalent even in his days as an Apostle. grin
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by CarCam: 9:00am On Aug 06, 2013
superior1:

It is true i use God of Abraham, Isaac etc in my worship (those names are revealed in the bible) but i only pray in Jesus Name.

I have problem with folks praying in the name of the god of my pastor, the name of baba ijesha, god of chosen, god of adeboye, there is none of these names in the Bible referring to God

If folks will strictly without waivering stay only with the bible, Christianity will have no problem with heresy.

Joagbaje:

Of course some members pray and call the God of their pastor or church. I don't subscribe to it.

But I understand the perspective. It's has nothing to do with another special God
. There were issues like that in the bible which they misapplied .

For example God of Jacob, God of abraham ,God of jacob, God of isaac ,God of isreal ,fear of David were terms used to address God.

Many capitalise on Paul's prayer too in Philippians 4:19 . Saying "my God" Instead of our God or God rather.

Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Such use is not making reference to another special God,or idolizing the pastor. But it's still not proper anyway. God was clear on who he is based in covenant. He is God of Abraham,Jacob and Isaac

Exodus 3:6
Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

He didnt call himself God of Joseph , why because he made covenants with those three.
So apart from God being your God, if you must add any other name . It should be those three , nothing more

@superior1 @Joagbaje

The moment you've declared with your mouth,
“Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

For it is with the heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

This is an agreement or covenant between you and God.

It entitles you to personalise God similarly with Jesus when he said

"Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?"

which is translated, ‘My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’

There is no need to attach the Abraham, Jacob, Isaac or Pastor appendages.

It is when the sheeple don't understand or recognise the full worth of the personal connection

or relationship they have with God that they ignorantly give in to this lapse

They are unaware or uninformed
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by alexleo(m): 9:09am On Aug 06, 2013
@Bidam,
I said assuming Linda is a demon as they claimed, the ones that spoke about Jesus and paul still said exactly what they were. So they cant confidently say that if demon led Linda to say what she said about them it then means its a lie. NO. Thats the point am making by bringing in the demon thing. Not whether Jesus approved demon to testify or not. Yet they will continue to speak now because the time they will be eternally caged in the lake of fire has not reached yet.

As for whether Linda has right to testify or not is not my concern. What am concerned about is that the issue she raised about apron and god of chosen/my pastor thing is true and glaring in chosen. its not hidden and cannot be supported too.

And when you say Linda a former prostitute has no right to start preaching now. I wonder what you mean. How many years did it take paul to start preaching the gospel when he got converted? I am not saying that one should jump into preaching as soon as he or she is saved but we cant also cage God and his ways. He must not do things our way.
And are you saying that for Jesus to reveal himself to somebody it must have to do with the number of years the person has been a christian or what? grin Lets not be rigid about God o. his ways are different from ours.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by alexleo(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2013
CarCam:

@superior1 @Joagbaje

“Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

For it is with the heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

It is when the sheeple don't understand or recognise the full worth of the personal connection

I agree with you bro.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 06, 2013
alexleo: @Bidam,
I said assuming Linda is a demon as they claimed, the ones that spoke about Jesus and paul still said exactly what they were. So they cant confidently say that if demon led Linda to say what she said about them it then means its a lie. NO. Thats the point am making by bringing in the demon thing. Not whether Jesus approved demon to testify or not. Yet they will continue to speak now because the time they will be eternally caged in the lake of fire has not reached yet.

As for whether Linda has right to testify or not is not my concern. What am concerned about is that issue she raised about apron and god of chosen/my pastor thing is tue and glaring in chosen. its not hidden and cannot be supported too.

And when you say Linda a former prostitute has no right to start preaching now. How many years did it take paul to start preaching the gospel when he got converted? I am not saying that one should jump into preaching as soon as he or she is saved but we cant also cage God and his ways. He must not do things our way.
And are you saying that for Jesus to reveal himself to somebody it must have to do with the number of years the person has been a christian or what? grin Lets not be rigid about God o. his ways are different from ours.
Do you remeber the story of the Old prophet and the young prophet in the bible? What later happened to that young prophet? What am saying is that she needs tutelage,If actually she is called into the prophetic ministry.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by alexleo(m): 9:50am On Aug 06, 2013
Bidam: Do you remeber the story of the Old prophet and the young prophet in the bible? What later happened to that young prophet? What am saying is that she needs tutelage,If actually she is called into the prophetic ministry.

I agree with you that she needs tutelage. Though I only see what she has said as a testimony not a teaching. Teaching is entirely a different thing from what she has done. Thanks dear.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by bizmahn: 9:51am On Aug 06, 2013
alexleo:

I heard somebody from chosen(with my two ears) saying they printed some good copies of the first CD and shared to people as part of evangelism. It may not be an official thing though. It may be members in their zeal that printed it but i heard it from a chosen member. Did your pastor stop them from printing and sharing it? We never heard such. Did your pastor ban the first Cd when she mentioned these other churches? We never heard such.
-
From the above I seem to gather an insignificant number of members possibly unofficially printed & distrbuted the first CD from their houses.How do you think the pastor will be aware of this.Do you know that chosen has more than 200 branches in Lagos alone.Is the pastor omniscient? Wrong assumption cos you can be sure that up till now ,up to 90% of the chosen may not be aware of any first CD & the information never got to the headquarters.Same for deeper life.I don't know about the other churches.Even lots of people up till now haven't heard about the second CD & I should think the news of the second CD reached the pastor very late with limited info on the matter.I was there when pastor Lazarus hearing from another chosen member began to get the full gist on the so called second CD which had circulated wide at that time.
-
alexleo:
Now, Linda mentioned Deeper life, Redeemed and Winners chapel in her first testimony and we never heard these churches reacting violently to it as we are hearing in Chosen and i ask why should Chosen be different? Even Olaadegbu who is a Deeper life member here was even the one spreading that Linda part one irrespective of the fact that his church was mentioned. Why should chosen case be different? When Linda part one came out, did chosen brand her devil? We never heard such.
-
Part one was not known the way you seem to imagine it in your mind.Olaadegbu is just a drop in the ocean of large deeper life members.That info never got to the larger church or headquarters.Same with chosen.
-
alexleo:
Why is it that it is in this part two that she mentioned Chosen that all this branding started in their church? Linda mentioned quite a number of other churches even in her part two CD and it is ONLY CHOSEN that we have heard this violent reaction and this is why the whole thing looks suspicious.
-
In all that Linda mentioned about other churches,there was no other church where she potrayed their pastor as an agent of satan that covenanted with a demon called god of the chosen.By that level of allegation a ministry painstakingly built over the years with lots of prayers,fastings,fiery tribulations immediately & totally crumbles if its true or falsely accepted as truth.Haba, any other church would have reacted seriously to such strong allegation including yours.Its normal.Moreso in my first post in the OP you see that multitudes of people from within & outside chosen & other strong holiness churches have also testified of REVELATIONS of God confirming the pastor of the chosen years before Linda's matter & up till now, so how won't such a contrary revelation cause a stirr especially at a time pastor Lazarus is even the more rebuking sin & ungodliness in lives of people & preaching heart changing messages on purity & the rapture on special sunday services with result of what you can see as genuine repentance of hardened sinners that never repented in other places they worshipped.
-
alexleo:
These are the issues i was raising. I am not justifying Linda, neither am i condemning chosen just like that. I am simply looking at the issues that Linda raised(at least the apron and god of chosen and god of my pastor thing are things we see them do so she is not lying there). I am only using her points to place it side by side with the stiffness of members of chosen in accepting their wrongs, together with the recent violent reactions in their church to make my view about the one she talked about demon being the instigator of all those apron and god of chosen/my pastor stuff. This is why i seem to agree with what she said about them to a large extent.
-
As for the Apron,every church existing has an advert material.Some use T-shirts advertising their programmes.I saw a poster of Apostolic faith recent programme all over my area.Chosen uses apron.This is not wrong.The pastor prays on apron or hankerchiefs far from the pulpit & miracles happen doesn't mean the people should Idolize the apron I fully agree, but it doesn't make an apron wrong as an advert material.On the "God of my pastor" matter I have addressed it already before & joeagbaje just addressed it too.Almost all well meaning churches have their member that do the same even though not with the dexterity chosen does theirs but that doesn't mean the General overseers of such churches covenanted with a demon or the church is demon controlled.
-
alexleo:
I am not Linda and I ve not met her personally but when somebody says something and you analyze it and see that what is on ground seems to tally with what she is saying then its possible that there are a lot of truth in what she said. I cannot be carried away by the demon you people are calling her without looking into her message. Even the demon testified good about Paul in the bible through a young girl when she was following them and saying- these are men of God. At another time the demon testified good by saying to the seven sons of sceva- Paul i know, Jesus i know but who are you? Demon's testified good about Jesus while he was on earth and all that the demons said in the examples i ve given in the scriptures were true and good. Assuming Linda is a demon and she is testifying this bad about your church, then the more reason why you people need to search yourselves.
-
Thank God you used such bible examples of demons even speaking realities with human agents.A thing that makes the allegations against Linda appear more real.Satan appears as an angel of light & satan knows the weakness of every individual christian & churches & so for Linda to point out the weakness of every church is not an issue.The real issue is:- Is her testimony from God? Read through my OP again & you see very strong arguements that seriously makes me doubt it.Besides the devil can never encourage a preaching of sinnlessness with genuine repentance of sinners.Never!
-
I'd rather think at this point we should lay the linda issue to rest & have God direct us through stong prayers on the matter on the matter.

1 Like

Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by bizmahn: 9:55am On Aug 06, 2013
alexleo:

To the bold i say that its not possible that you are right. My reason being that, for that woman to burn those chosen materials after hearing the testimony shows that she has the zeal to serve God in spirit and in truth and not follow church tradition. So on hearing that the tradition she was following (thinking she was actually serving God rightly) was not actually from God she decided to do away with such things. And typical of the devil who is never happy when anybody wants to dump his property and face Jesus totally, he(the devil) struck the woman so as to use her to set example and create fear among others who may be planning to do same. We are not ignorant of his devices. God does not torment people when they leave him , it is only satan that does that. Check out ritualists and occultic people who repented, they experience such torments whenever they decide to dump their devilish ways and serve Jesus. We have to be looking at these things from a level playing field. I ve nothing personal against chosen or any church but am against innocent church members being caged with traditions that are not of God. We have not received the gospel of whatever holy materials and church traditions but the gospel of our lord Jesus Christ which is- the kingdom of God.
All I can say is that our interpretation on what happened to that thunder struck woman are just "guesses".Lets leave it to God though prayer to direct on this matter.But if Linda is found to be false at the end,then my guess may be more true.However,lets leave "guesses" and pray.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by Joagbaje(m): 11:18am On Aug 06, 2013
CarCam:

@superior1 @Joagbaje

God will always be God of Abraham Jacob and Isaac. It's a covenant name For ever. Just as Jesus is called son of David and not sin of solomon even though he is. So its an everlasting name of God fom generation to generation.

Exodus 3:15
And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

You see from the above scripture it's everlasting. Peter being a new creation acknowledged this fact .if not Peter would have made error here .

Acts 3:12-13
And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

The New Testament was based on abrahamic covenant ,

2 Likes

Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by alexleo(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
bizmahn:
All I can say is that our interpretation on what happened to that thunder struck woman are just "guesses".Lets leave it to God though prayer to direct on this matter.But if Linda is found to be false at the end,then my guess may be more true.However,lets leave "guesses" and pray.

Yeah. If Linda's message is false, may God expose her so that people will throw away her falsehood and if her message is true, may God expose chosen church so that members will be liberated and other people won't fall into the trap too. In Jesus name. Amen.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by superior1: 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

God will always be God of Abraham Jacob and Isaac.
It's a covenant name For ever. Just as Jesus is called son of David and not sin of solomon even though he is. So its an everlasting name of God fom generation to generation.

Exodus 3:15
And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

You see from the above scripture it's everlasting. Peter being a new creation acknowledged this fact .if not Peter would have made error here .

Acts 3:12-13
And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

The New Testament was based on abrahamic covenant ,

Well said.

Gal 3
…12However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, "HE WHO PRACTICES THEM SHALL LIVE BY THEM." 13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us-- for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE "-- 14in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith

REVELATION 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Ancient of Days, King of Kings, God of Abraham, God of Isaac, Alpha and Omega etc are just few names i love to worship my God with but my prayers are said IN JESUS NAME
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by bizmahn: 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
alexleo:

Yeah. If Linda's message is false, may God expose her so that people will throw away her falsehood and if her message is true, may God expose chosen church so that members will be liberated and other people won't fall into the trap too. In Jesus name. Amen.
1 BILLION AMEN.LET THE MOST HIGH GOD EXPOSE CHOSEN IF THEY ARE WORKING WITH DEMONIC POWERS.AMEN!!!
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by peteregwu(m): 2:19am On Aug 08, 2013
bizmahn:
-
Dear Peter, In as much as I respect the ACTS OF GOD in the chosen through its pastor I will not be swayed to agree with you that THERE IS NO FAULT.This statement is devoid of christlike nature of humility in acknowledging our frailties as fallible humans.Are you now saying pastor Lazarus or the chosen is infallible? At least pastor Lazarus himself HAS NEVER directly or indirectly tried to claim superhuman or infallible.This mindset is totally wrong.
-
The chosen is making efforts but there are many things they still need to purge to clear every doubt of their allegiance to christ.Look at the attendance in the headquarter & branch NON-COMBINED services right now & compare it to what it used to be when the revival fire was still blazing high at onset & you realise that work needs to be done.
-
There are a few other issues I may not name here since its not the right forum to reprove inadequacies cos people may misunderstand it.But please change is needed,prayer,fasting,consecration needs to be beefed up.Non essential practices need to be addressed & removed.Thanks

well one thing you people need to understand is that we depend on the perfection of Jesus and not our own. just because everyone disdain us us because we prefer to do things the way God who established the ministry wants it to be, everyone is castigating looking for faults. well, their is one thing I have come to realise in most churches and christians. when the cripled churches see the churches that are walking, they become jealous. it is bound to happen!

if you are saying the revival fire is going down, it goes to show that you are not following and you seem not to see afar off. in Lagos alone, we habe aboit 100+ branches, that's an estimation. and we have them in hundreds in villages in the some eastern parts. we have them in the north, south and west, Europe, Africa, America, Asia. tell me what the call revival. a church of 10+ yrs, to have reach this far. do you think it is the work of man? No, the Lords Chosen is the "finger of God." "I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

in India we have about 70+ branches in london about 3 branches. my brother, ever since I was born i have not seen a revvial last this in my life. if you say you hav seen it, it means you too far. this is not deeper life revival or azusa street, this THE LORDS CHOSEN! a name that the LOrd anointed for Himself. a name that one will mention before ritualists and they succumb without struggling with them. oh my God! well am not boasting, am just saying it the way it is. Or have you seen a situation where someone will be delivered from hands of ritualistic by jist making mention the name of his church? it does not matter if people believe or not, God is doing what pleases Him in this end time, no man can stop Him.

anyone who says pastor Lazarus is not educated is some ignorang of God ways. "the waus of God is past finding out."
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by peteregwu(m): 2:21am On Aug 08, 2013
alexleo:

in fact I say a capital AMEN TO THAT! ehe, that is a good prayer and I love it.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 08, 2013
peteregwu:

well one thing you people need to understand is that we depend on the perfection of Jesus and not our own. just because everyone disdain us us because we prefer to do things the way God who established the ministry wants it to be, everyone is castigating looking for faults. well, their is one thing I have come to realise in most churches and christians. when the cripled churches see the churches that are walking, they become jealous. it is bound to happen!

if you are saying the revival fire is going down, it goes to show that you are not following and you seem not to see afar off. in Lagos alone, we habe aboit 100+ branches, that's an estimation. and we have them in hundreds in villages in the some eastern parts. we have them in the north, south and west, Europe, Africa, America, Asia. tell me what the call revival. a church of 10+ yrs, to have reach this far. do you think it is the work of man? No, the Lords Chosen is the "finger of God." "I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

in India we have about 70+ branches in london about 3 branches. my brother, ever since I was born i have not seen a revvial last this in my life. if you say you hav seen it, it means you too far. this is not deeper life revival or azusa street, this THE LORDS CHOSEN! a name that the LOrd anointed for Himself. a name that one will mention before ritualists and they succumb without struggling with them. oh my God! well am not boasting, am just saying it the way it is. Or have you seen a situation where someone will be delivered from hands of ritualistic by jist making mention the name of his church? it does not matter if people believe or not, God is doing what pleases Him in this end time, no man can stop Him.

anyone who says pastor Lazarus is not educated is some ignorang of God ways. "the waus of God is past finding out."

Bros abeg easy naa!! Finger of God ke? Who and who are even jealous of this your church.The kind of claims I here you people make here really amazes me.Fastest growing church in the world,finger of God,most miraculous church,most ubiqitous church haba!! Nobi the same chosen we I de see for lasgidi here?

How did you even arrive @ this statistics? Chosen is not even among the top ten largest churches in Nigeria let alone the rest of the world.On what basis should people be jealous of the church? What percentage of Nigerian christians attend the lords chosen? Even the east you mentioned every Tom,d-ick and harry knows that is a predominantly roman catholic domain.

You guys should be desist from making spurious claim.

I had nothing against chosen until you started attcking my own church here on nairaland.I latched on on that to expose your own hypocrises.

I hardly hear anything about the Lords chosen on the streets.All this noise about jealosy is simply paranoia and a figment of your own imagination.

Mentioning europe,american etc what percentage of europeans and americans are even pentecostals let alone members of the lord chosen church? All you care is not about spreading the message of evengelism but rather spreading your church brand.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by bizmahn: 7:57am On Aug 08, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros abeg easy naa!! Finger of God ke? Who and who are even jealous of this your church.The kind of claims I here you people make here really amazes me.Fastest growing church in the world,finger of God,most miraculous church,most ubiqitous church haba!! Nobi the same chosen we I de see for lasgidi here?

How did you even arrive @ this statistics? Chosen is not even among the top ten largest churches in Nigeria let alone the rest of the world..........
-
"Fastest growing church" does not mean "largest church" worldwide.As at its 4th year the chosen had achieved the spread & strenght that most mega churches probably achieved in 20 years.Of course that makes a church nothing if they lack God's backing.That point was only used to clearify misconceptions about that church.Also I admit they have to work on exalting CHRIST only not their CHURCH name & achievements same way catholics have to work on exalting CHRIST only & not the virgin mary.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by bizmahn: 8:08am On Aug 08, 2013
peteregwu:

Dear Peter, I appreciate your zeal in spiritual things but when a christian speaks about his church in a way that reeks of arrogance it puts me off.True disciples of christ will only speak about strides they've made in deep humility.Also from your inputs on this thread its clear you have a lot to study on spiritual things & as well on the chosen church.Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 08, 2013
bizmahn:
-
"Fastest growing church" does not mean "largest church" worldwide.As at its 4th year the chosen had achieved the spread & strenght that most mega churches probably achieved in 20 years.Of course that makes a church nothing if they lack God's backing.That point was only used to clearify misconceptions about that church.Also I admit they have to work on exalting CHRIST only not their CHURCH name & achievements same way catholics have to work on exalting CHRIST only & not the virgin mary.

That dude is mad and a chosen fanatic!! here is little difference between him and the islamic fanactics who go about blowing up themselves.Back to the "fastest growing church in the world tag" ,that claim is shared by almost every pentecostal church.I wonder where they even get thier statistics.The world most popular demographic forum ,the pew forumn does not even know the Lords chosen even exist.Even the india he mentioned what percentage of inians are even christians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_India

what percentage of europeans and americans are pentecostals?
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by Joagbaje(m): 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2013
superior1:

Well said.

Gal 3
…12However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, "HE WHO PRACTICES THEM SHALL LIVE BY THEM." 13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us-- for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE "-- 14in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith

REVELATION 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Ancient of Days, King of Kings, God of Abraham, God of Isaac, Alpha and Omega etc are just few names i love to worship my God with but my prayers are said IN JESUS NAME

What is faith? Abraham s the father of faith. A rah amid covenant was not made under the law. Jesus was product of abrahamic covenant . So it has nothing to do with law. God will always be God of Abraham,Jacob and Isaac

superior1:

but my prayers are said IN JESUS NAME

I agree with you . The power of God does not rest with any other name than the name of Jesus .

Philippians 2:10
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

We cannot heal the sick in the name of Jehovah . However . The covenant name of a God through Abrahamic covenant is forever .

1 Like

Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by peteregwu(m): 7:13pm On Aug 08, 2013
chukwudi44:

How did you even arrive @ this statistics? Chosen is not even among the top ten largest churches in Nigeria let alone the rest of the world.On what basis should people be jealous of the church? What percentage of Nigerian christians attend the lords chosen? Even the east you mentioned every Tom,d-ick and harry knows that is a predominantly roman catholic domain.

You guys should be desist from making spurious claim.

I had nothing against chosen until you started attcking my own church here on nairaland.I latched on on that to expose your own hypocrises.

I hardly hear anything about the Lords chosen on the streets.All this noise about jealosy is simply paranoia and a figment of your own imagination.

Mentioning europe,american etc what percentage of europeans and americans are even pentecostals let alone members of the lord chosen church? All you care is not about spreading the message of evengelism but rather spreading your church brand.

please chukwudi, I know u do not understand some certain things. u are catholic, and you have argued over time with me. don't worry, when it is Gods time for Him to arrest you, you will understand. and no one wipl tell you to leave catholic, u will do that yourself.

pls I never said Lords chosen is the largest church. it is the fastest growing church, that is what i meant.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by peteregwu(m): 7:28pm On Aug 08, 2013
Many claim we exalt the name of our church, instead of Jesus. I don't know where they got that from. that is a lie. in every preaching in the lords chosen, Christ is preached. if not why do armed robbers, prostitutes, marine agent, occult men and muslims arrest an saved? is it not the work of Jesus. the reason why we talk about the Lords chosen, is because all the testimonies we talk about happening is from the Lords chosen. that is why the Lords chosen is reigning. that is another means of making sinners and muslims to come to Jesus through that ministry, and when yhet come Christ is preached and they give their lives to Jesus.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 08, 2013
[/quote]
pls I never said Lords chosen is the largest church. it is the fastest growing church, that is what i meant [quote]

Do you mind substantiating this baseless claim?
What was Lords chosen population last year,what is it now then do same for all other churches worldwide or at least in Nigeria and then show me how you arrived @ this baseless claim.

The Lords chosen is not even widely known amongst the pentecostal churches.I hardly see or hear about them ,I wonder the basis for all this spurious claim.Even in the east the Lords chosen does not even control up to 3% of the population.The east is over 60% roman catholic with over 70% in Anambra,imo and Enugu.The other major churches are anglican,RCCG,Winners,Assemblies of God.Your Lords chosen does not even fall among the major churches.You are just blabbing.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:36am On Aug 09, 2013
peteregwu:

Many claim we exalt the name of our church, instead of Jesus. I don't know where they got that from. that is a lie. in every preaching in the lords chosen, Christ is preached. if not why do armed robbers, prostitutes, marine agent, occult men and muslims arrest an saved? is it not the work of Jesus. the reason why we talk about the Lords chosen, is because all the testimonies we talk about happening is from the Lords chosen. that is why the Lords chosen is reigning. that is another means of making sinners and muslims to come to Jesus through that ministry, and when yhet come Christ is preached and they give their lives to Jesus.

This is not Linda but a former member of "chosen" relating her own personal experience at the hands of Lazarus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_--2ZN4OUw
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by peteregwu(m): 9:36am On Aug 09, 2013
chukwudi44:
pls I never said Lords chosen is the largest church. it is the fastest growing church, that is what i meant

What was Lords chosen population last year,what is it now then do same for all other churches worldwide or at least in Nigeria and then show me how you arrived @ this baseless claim.

The Lords chosen is not even widely known amongst the pentecostal churches.I hardly see or hear about them ,I wonder the basis for all this spurious claim.Even in the east the Lords chosen does not even control up to 3% of the population.The east is over 60% roman catholic with over 70% in Anambra,imo and Enugu.The other major churches are anglican,RCCG,Winners,Assemblies of God.Your Lords chosen does not even fall among the major churches.You are just blabbing.

ok, thank you...believe what u like. u are entitled to your own opinion. have a blessed time!
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 09, 2013
peteregwu:

ok, thank you...believe what u like. u are entitled to your own opinion. have a blessed time!

Just what I thought.You cannot substantiate your baseless claim.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by bizmahn: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2013
chukwudi44:
pls I never said Lords chosen is the largest church. it is the fastest growing church, that is what i meant

The Lords chosen is not even widely known amongst the pentecostal churches.I hardly see or hear about them ,I wonder the basis for all this spurious claim.Even in the east the Lords chosen does not even control up to 3% of the population.The east is over 60% roman catholic with over 70% in Anambra,imo and Enugu.
Sir,You don't even have anything near to being the correct numerical data for chosen whether in the east or anywhere else.It was stated by very reliable sources that as at about its 4th & 5th year Chosen was the FASTEST GROWING church as at then.I don't know about now cos their population has been waning due to false propaganda & other church mgt.factors.Chosen is a pentecostal church.Nobody dragged catholic church into this.I don't want you to stylishly drag this thread to catholic,pentecostal fight.If this will appease you then I declare "catholic is the LARGEST church ".Hope this settles the matter.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 09, 2013
bizmahn:
Sir,You don't even have anything near to being the correct numerical data for chosen whether in the east or anywhere else.It was stated by very reliable sources that as at about its 4th & 5th year Chosen was the FASTEST GROWING church as at then.I don't know about now cos their population has been waning due to false propaganda & other church mgt.factors.Chosen is a pentecostal church.Nobody dragged catholic church into this.I don't want you to stylishly drag this thread to catholic,pentecostal fight.If this will appease you then I declare "catholic is the LARGEST church ".Hope this settles the matter.

The onus is on you to prove chosen is/was the fastest growing church @ anytime.That cliam is shared by myriads of other pentecostal churches including RCCG,Christ embassy e.t.c so which one among them are we to believe.

You don't need to be the one to decalre the RCC the largest church in the world.That is an incontrovertible fact backed by every religious demographic data on the globe.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by bizmahn: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2013
chukwudi44:

The onus is on you to prove chosen is/was the fastest growing church @ anytime.That cliam is shared by myriads of other pentecostal churches including RCCG,Christ embassy e.t.c so which one among them are we to believe.

You don't need to be the one to decalre the RCC the largest church in the world.That is an incontrovertible fact backed by every religious demographic data on the globe.

I don't need to prove anything to you.I don't owe you that information.You won't even believe whatever anyone proves to you so long its not catholic.This thread was not about proving anything to you & certainly never directed to the chosen statistics.As a matter of fact I'm done with you on this thread except you offer anything that won't cause controversy.
Re: My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen by luluosas(m): 9:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
alexleo:

Thanks dear. you cant imagine the stage they ve gone with their practice. A secondary School teacher close to me once told me how a student in her class finished writing her papers and came under the answer script and wrote- I AM A CHOSEN, WHO ARE YOU?

The teacher was so angry and even wanted to throw away the script but i advised she should rather call the student and warn her. This is not good at all.
Same statement that they claim they ask robbers and they run away? So is it for the teacher to mark them right where they are wrong or what? And if the teacher had thrown away the script in that anger would that have also been a miracle?
Alex, no use laff kill me dis night ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Countries To Avoid As A God Fearing Nigerian / . / The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.