Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Since Everbody Is Doing It(worth The Read) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Since Everbody Is Doing It(worth The Read) (1113 Views)

Is "FANS MI" Really Worth The Hype??? / Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? / Since Everbody Is Doing It(worth The Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Since Everbody Is Doing It(worth The Read) by laideo(f): 3:11pm On May 27, 2006
The Nigerian music scene has taken off and grown tremendously over these past few years and is fast becoming a force to be reckoned with. It seems like it was only yesterday we were dragging our feet in an industry that had so much potential and so much to offer. With this development a myriad of musicians have crawled out of the wood work, some good, some bad, some downright rubbish. Forgetting one important thing about delving into music ‘u have to be able to sing, or at least have some talent’ you don’t just wake up one morning quit your day job and say because styl plus is doing it I can also do it…NO!…but can they really be blamed, in Nigeria songs that are catchy are the ones appreciated and receive much air-play even when we all know its crap, but the fact that it gets us bumping our head its okay, while songs that can actually be considered as good are not really given the acclaim they deserve, that’s why someone like Tony tetuila or jazzman olofin who sings in his new song ‘shake something’ can utter such rubbish-

“Shake your belly, like spaghetti”[/color]

But we overlook it because it’s a fun song. There are others worse than he is, but I guess that line just makes me angry. Give it up to him, he does catchy songs and all but why would a song like that receive so much airplay and even better ones are over looked, is he singing, rapping or just talking what’s his style of music. He says he’s a jazz-man, and I hope by that he means, someone who’s into jazz…but his music is nothing like jazz, abi na juju man, no wonder e dey sell. That’s why there are so many one hit wonders like Tony tetuila for example with ‘My car’…. Which I must admit was catchy but its obvious he lacks the talent if not, he’d have spurned another hit by now. Sometimes I wonder whether radio and t.v stations don’t screen the songs and video’s before they play them, thereby assaulting our ears,eyes with all sorts of rubbish. I mean every tom dick and harry feels they can just wake up, walk into a studio and start singing, without knowing the basics, hoping to be the next big thing- infact sef if that’s the case me and my brothers have, talked about starting our own group, called- party.

The name of our first single Is ‘WE CANT SING, BUT WE’RE BETTER THAN THE REST’ we’d be something like the ‘FUGEES’…like Lauryn hill, ill be singing and rapping both of which I don’t do really well but does it matter? As long as it’s something catchy.

For the video since we are working on a meager budget, we have to cut costs we’ll just invite some boys and girls in the area, tell them to wear their best get-up’s, or anybody reading this interested should contact me. Location will be at our crib, there’s ample space, video-girls will include my cousin and some of her friends all scantily clad in half-tops and hot-pants All they need to do is shake their ass till the music stops we don’t even need to see their faces.…I will be wearing a half-top even though it’s a music video and not a horror movie and we want to sell records but who will notice sef, as long as it’s a catchy song. My love handles will have their 3minutes of fame…yippee!!! Lekan a.k.a. BABY TRANGA will drop the first verse, ill take the chorus, Toye a.k.a. T-MONEY will take the 2nd verse and I will and rap a little. My rap will be something like this:

[color=#770077]

[b]“L to da A to da I-D-E, ‘LAIDE’ be the name una go soon dey scream, no get yansh like beyonce or kishi like akande. But I still they drop lyrics wey una fit they sing. Wey dem dey, who dem be. Even EVE no get anything on this chic, I put LIL KIM for lyrical prison, sentenced to life for her whack ass skills. Shack REMY MARTIN, spit her out like Listerine, throw FOXY BROWN a dollar, the b*tch needs it. Move over MISSY am the next big thing, no pun intended but am fabulous and thick, 6ft,double D’s, dis girl is doing it big.wit in-ur-face lyrics, una no fit see me. Shebi na u, wey they run ur mouth say u fit spit, but no be me wey no know anything but I get skills. Which means, gbo gbo yin e kon ko rubbish. If u never get the memo, make I yarn you the Gist, even LAURYN HILL say, she feeling my skills. SASHA WHO? BOUQUI WHAT? Eyin o mo mi sha, mi o wa si be ma sere pelu eyin slackers. E wo so kpe o le gan, but emi le ju e lo, o le se lori agolo, but mo le se ti n ba ni apolo. Mi o mo ko lyrics, lori gongo, but mo le ko lyrics, to shake ur bum bum. Dropping nursery rhymes, parading as lyrics, but LAIDE is here to put an end, to all of their gimmicks. RUGGED MAN talk am - but Una still dey rap like mumu, your lyrics sef no sweet e dey smell like fufu…Like TUFACE IDIBIA I go speak my mind, u want overthrow me and take my shine. But like David- God’s anointed, u no fit touch me Lai Lai. Like tsunami I go pursue una one by one. Back into the crooked holes you crawled out from. party, uv never heard nothing like this.T-MONEY, BABY TRANGA and the queen L.D.[/b]

LOL.U wan try!!!! I can see it already, It’s a sure hit, record labels will be battling to sign us up, kennis music, storm, question mark and the likes. Move over stylplus, tuface, p-square-party has entered the building.

But on the real tho, big-ups to everyone contributing one way or another to the music industry. Am mad proud to be Nigerian

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need A Good Musical Demo Producer In Lagos. Pls Help / Akon Full Konvicted Mp3 / R.i.p. Sazzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.