Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry (15634 Views)

Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) / ASP Escapes Mob Lynching After He Raped 9-yr-old Girl / Another Lynching In Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by free2ryhme: 4:59am On Aug 05, 2013

The policemen accused of collaborating with hoodlums to kill two youths in Badagry, Lagos State, have been arrested.

They were arrested on Friday, according to the police authorities.

However, a new video made available to our correspondent identified two of the policemen as Inspector Adefemi Ashogbon, who is the station officer of the Badagry Police Division, and one Sergeant John Sonayon.

The two policemen and four other yet-to-be-identified policemen could be seen at the scene watching hoodlums beat the victims to death.

While Ashogbon and Sonayon were in the midst of the crowd, the four yet-to-be-identified policemen could be seen standing beside a white police patrol vehicle.

Ashogbon, who wore a green pullover and holding an AK47 rifle in the video, was the policeman that interviewed the victims during their torture.

It was learnt that the two policemen and some of the hoodlums had been arrested.

PUNCH Metro had reported that two youths, Ifechukwude Nwaikpor, and one Kazeem, were lynched in Ajara, Badagry, on July 21, 2013.

Nwaikpor, a final year student of Geology and Mining, and Kazeem were beaten to death after a misunderstanding with residents of the area.

PUNCH Metro learnt that at least eight people had been arrested over the incident. The state Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, had set up a special team of policemen to handle the matter.

Manko exonerated the victims of robbery last Thursday and berated the Divisional Police Officer, Badagry Division, CSP Mohammed Dankoli, for unprofessional conduct.

He had said, “The Divisional Police Officer did not present the matter to us the way it happened. When we started asking questions, we discovered that the two people, who were killed, were not armed robbers contrary to what the DPO told us. When we saw the video clips and watched the way those boys were killed, we told ourselves that we would be failing in our duties if we fail to bring everyone involved to justice.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, said all the policemen in the video had been arrested.

“Investigations are ongoing. The outcome of the investigations will be made public in due course,” she added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/policemen-implicated-in-varsity-students-killing-arrested/

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by lonelydora: 5:10am On Aug 05, 2013
Good for them. So I made it again! Baba God thanks for making me 1st to comment twice in one day. My wife's blackberry is helping so much. I will kiss her for hours and buy her good gift for this.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by Nobody: 5:13am On Aug 05, 2013
nija police.....see dem and run....for me i grow hairs on my back wen i see them......especially wen they use those ugly looking patrol vans or those buses............damn angry angry angry angry angry those people don catch me wella for festac angry angry angry for carrying lap top....i tire for life angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 05, 2013
police is your firend

1 Like

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by gunuvi(m): 5:43am On Aug 05, 2013
Great news to start the week with. Those arrested must be prosecuted.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by biafranqueen: 5:52am On Aug 05, 2013
This is getting out of hand how can the authorities practice Jungle Justice any time they feel this is getting out of hand not only should they be arrested the state must compensate the family for this great loss. RIP and may peace be with family cry

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by free2ryhme: 6:28am On Aug 05, 2013
why do you think they are known as the epitome of corruption undecided
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by raytony: 6:47am On Aug 05, 2013
Question those policemen for the robbery. I am sure they were the one involved in the robbery, they just wanted to tie it round the neck of those two innocent guys. Nigeria police useless pass the letter "p" in the word psycho.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by jhydebaba(m): 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2013
Arrested and not prosecuted. This is naija.
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by Jayses(m): 1:15pm On Aug 05, 2013
Ekelebe tinz abeg when their form is out una let me know .
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2013
Nigeria police,and bad news,they are what my teacher called joint demand.
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by iamswizz(m): 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2013
If i hear sey Eko Baje..

Fashola is Working, hoodlums are burning, police supporting..

Rip

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by imsuboi(m): 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2013
Great news
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by theripper2: 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2013
So those young men just die for free be that? Hey? Naija don turn one kind sadistic jungle o.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by hardbody: 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
There is a strange resemblance between that policeman and Governor Fashola, or is it my eyes?

7 Likes

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by Odunharry(m): 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
those guys need beating...
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by supaeagles(m): 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
Justice .....
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2013
In Texas, we lynch Negroes.
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by smtx(m): 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
Terrible country we live in! Barely 9 mths after d Aluu 4 killings. Do we need to be taught on how to be HUMANS?
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by rindee(m): 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
Death everywhere. Things are getting out of hand by the day.
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by phemmyibjyahoo: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
many of naija police did't value education, that is why they always care less for anything concern student.anyway is gud that oga at d top has take a right step.
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by valdubem(m): 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
**weeping for the lost souls**
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by Lifebender(m): 1:23pm On Aug 05, 2013
All these police assassin's shaa.you see them,u runoo.The fear of nigiria police ix the beggining of long life ooo.
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by Benite: 1:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
Interview

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by Jerrygotswagg(m): 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2013
when the white people always say black are animals u guys will be screaming...somebody should tell me if its not animals that can do such tins after the allu4 saga....i weep for blacks cry embarassed angry
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2013
Space resafd
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by AnOlAd: 1:32pm On Aug 05, 2013
Damn!May we not be out the day the Devil needs to suck Blood or kill, so these boys were just killed for Nothing And too think Policemen were there when it happened?? This one no be ordinary death.... # Reading my Psalm 121 tightly# before going out..

1 Like

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by mariong(m): 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2013
Saw the video, couldn't finish it, it was too gory. I wonder the kind of heart some people have, i can't even imagine my self standing their watching how those guys were sent to their early graves, its so despicable. I kept on imagining my self being in that condition, here i am about to die and people are watching, wooo! Abeg 'o, Hmmn. I feared commiting any crime that might lead to such then i wondered, what if they were innocent?

Jungle justice needs to stop.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by seangy4konji: 1:34pm On Aug 05, 2013
They should dance to the music in Jail...Dont put justice in your hands...person illiterates...Piece of advice.if you live in Nigeria,try not to even have a reason to argue with anybody cos if you happen to be doing well a bit in the ara you are living?they will find a way to try to cast you down...BASKATS...GOD PUNISH DEVIL....where is my alomo?
Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by Ibangap(m): 1:34pm On Aug 05, 2013
Some of us are jubilating abt dis news, what has happened to the 7 suspects arrested in connection with the ALUU lynching after one full year? No justice or somtin close to that have been heard. Now we r jubilatin because police men wer 'Arrested' for anoda lynching. Failed judicial system... Failed state.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by executinal(m): 1:34pm On Aug 05, 2013
Send those bastards called Naija police to my domain and i will show them jungle justice.

There was a country ooh

Re: Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry by executinal(m): 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2013
AnOlAd: J

Ibanga p: .

last to coment grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Police Parade Fake Currency Syndicate (Photos) / Commercial Driver Arranges The Kidnap Of His Passengers (Pix, Video) / Police Kill Rufus Giwa Student: Injure Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.