Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,540 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap (2181 Views)

I Just Developed A Professional Hymnal Android App Called "InstaHymn" / Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) / How To Create Your First Android App Like Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by thenabster(m): 7:13pm On Aug 05, 2013
Hey guys,
So I remember posting the project I was working in the thread titled "What are you working on". So yeah I basically had launch a video chat web app called Reflap which allowed users to call each other for free. Anyway for the past two-three weeks I've been working on an android app for the web app and today I launched the Android app for Reflap. It's available right now on the Play store and it allows you to chat with your friends for free all the time, read and send private messages, manage your Reflap contacts, and some other stuff. I will be adding group chat and video chat to the app soon as well. I'm quite stocked that I went from zero to app in less than three weeks especially that it was the first time I really played with Android.

Anyway it will be great if you guys download the app and give me some feedback. Also if you want to ask development questions as well, fire away.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.reflap.reflap

http://www.reflap.com

Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by worldbest(m): 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2013
Looks good. I have no friend yet. Let it be known that I'm[i][/i] probably the first user on this platform...in other words, 'First to comment install' smiley

1 Like

Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by worldbest(m): 11:17pm On Aug 05, 2013
You should remove the sign up activity/fragment from the back stack after signup.

1 Like

Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by thenabster(m): 3:00am On Aug 06, 2013
worldbest: You should remove the sign up activity/fragment from the back stack after signup.

Good point man! Let me do that now.
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by funkymeky: 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
@ thenabster... I have bin trying to make an app of my own.... Would really appreciate it if u can teach me... 08039463706 WhatsApp, Plsssss god bless
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by GideonG(m): 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nice one! I also Have two Apps on the Google Play store, I am currently developing my third APP.
Search my name "Gideon George" and see all my Apps.

It's good to see Android developers like me in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by Vijon(m): 7:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
GideonG: Nice one! I also Have two Apps on the Google Play store, I am currently developing my third APP.

hey bro,wht wil it take for one to learn app dev.
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by AZeD1(m): 11:37am On Aug 08, 2013
Cool one. I downloaded it and had look.
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2013
@OP, CAN WE COLLABORATE ON A BRAND NEW PROJECT?
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by GideonG(m): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2013
Vijon: hey bro,wht wil it take for one to learn app dev.

All you need is passion and determination, Laptop and internet connection.

1 Like

Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by thenabster(m): 9:22pm On Aug 08, 2013
GideonG: Nice one! I also Have two Apps on the Google Play store, I am currently developing my third APP.

Sweet! I checked out both your apps man. Good job on them. What app are you working on now?
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by thenabster(m): 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2013
A-ZeD:
Cool one. I downloaded it and had look.

Thanks man.
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by Bohluwatife: 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
Please guys what programming language are you using for all this apps
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by thenabster(m): 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2013
Bohluwatife: Please guys what programming language are you using for all this apps
For Android, java.
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by GideonG(m): 8:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
thenabster:

Sweet! I checked out both your apps man. Good job on them. What app are you working on now?

Thanks a lot! Man. My next App is coming soon keep your fingers crossed.
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by Vijon(m): 2:03am On Aug 11, 2013
GideonG:

All you need is passion and determination, Laptop and internet connection.
no money involved?
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by Nobody: 4:45am On Aug 11, 2013
you don't need money to develop unless uploading your application, you guys have inspired me, i gave up on android dev to focus on work, but seeing my brothers are doing stuff, i think its time to re-evaluate. @worldbest when you dey show ?

1 Like

Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by worldbest(m): 8:52am On Aug 11, 2013
pc guru: you don't need money to develop unless uploading your application, you guys have inspired me, i gave up on android dev to focus on work, but seeing my brothers are doing stuff, i think its time to re-evaluate. @worldbest when you dey show ?

Bro, if you mean Aptech then I still get like 8 months left. I'm still reading and practicing various android concepts. Currently, I am familiarizing myself with the animation system. Soon I would start learning to write games on android as its the only area I think one could really be unique. Lately, most social apps are just similar.
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 11, 2013
worldbest:

Bro, if you mean Aptech then I still get like 8 months left. I'm still reading and practicing various android concepts. Currently, I am familiarizing myself with the animation system. Soon I would start learning to write games on android as its the only area I think one could really be unique(lately social apps are just similar).

Oh i thought u were coming with this batch, 8 months no problem all the best in android and games, though you should look at Project Havok and Unreal engines for making games 3D and also Unity.
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by worldbest(m): 8:59am On Aug 11, 2013
pc guru:

Oh i thought u were coming with this batch, 8 months no problem all the best in android and games, though you should look at Project Havok and Unreal engines for making games 3D and also Unity.

I wish I could just leave right now. Aptech bores me now. Currently doing .Net and I just "hate" it. If I were to get really serious with 3D game development, I would go with Unity. It is just awesome
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by GideonG(m): 11:33pm On Aug 14, 2013
I am a self thought programmer, but I might do 2years Aptech course in thye future just to improve and see the other side of the coin
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by worldbest(m): 9:06am On Aug 15, 2013
GideonG: I am a self thought programmer, but I might do 2years Aptech course in they future just to improve and see the other side of the coin

If you are already good, Aptech wont make you better. Your only benefit would be the certificates/foreign degree. Plus you get to be treated like a code god like they do me (even though I aint close to being one)

1 Like

Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by themanager: 11:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hi guys buh what language did u use for the andriod app,am currently learning java
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by xprimate(m): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
@thenabser. Good job, I kind of like the color. Men I am developing an app that integrates all these chatting activity. I will really love you to give me a lead on that. Thanks. Please hit me up on this:ogbonnajay@gmail.com
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 12, 2013
Re: Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap by sederokaf(m): 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
pls my bosses, i also ave interest in making my android app, if u wish to help me add me on whatsapp 08132153126

(1) (Reply)

VOTE: Seun Add Direct Message To Nairaland / Free SEO Tools / Pls I Want To Learn Web Design And Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.