Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Nigerian Tourist/visitor Visa Extra Fees - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Tourist/visitor Visa Extra Fees (1172 Views)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa / Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Tourist/visitor Visa Extra Fees by sugarbombom: 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
Hi all

I applied for a tourist/visitor visa last year at the Nigerian Embassy in London, which was granted andI paid in total £114.00 which includes the Nigerian High Commission fees.

This year I recently applied for a tourist/Visitor visa and got a big shock. I followed the exact procedures as I did last year, but since of May 2013 applications for visas is to be submitted at Fleet Street. Which was fine,I paid online and got a £20 P/o.
However when I got there to submit the application the lady told me I need to pay £72.00 shocked shocked . I said what for all my paperwork is in front of you. Then the lady explained to me that because they are a an official partner of the Nigeria High Commision basically an Agency called OIS (Online Intergrated Solutions)and they charge their own fees, which I find so ridiculous.

So why, o why, o......... has the Nigerian Commission has done this ? So This year I paid £107.00 Visa + £20.00 NHC fees + £72.00 OIS Fees. Grand Total [b]£199.00 [/b]for a three month visa. Extortionate or what.
One thing I know for sure, this will be the last time I will be visiting Nigeria, though my friend may not like it, but it is too much money.
So those of you who are Nigerians or of descendants and only hold a British Passport... You better start applying for your Nigerian Passport grin grin grin or you will be paying too much money for visa.

But please can anyone tell me why has the Nigerian high Commision has done this .
Re: Nigerian Tourist/visitor Visa Extra Fees by Vacora(m): 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
Dude, I am spitting feathers right now after my visit to Fleet Street - the Nigerian High Commission should have named that place - Fleece Street. The £72 extra is not mentioned anywhere. I think UK citizens are now caught up in the row over the £3000 bond issue. Well I am definitely getting a Nigerian passport and when I get asked by immigration officers at MMA " Wetin you get for us?" I'd tell them to ask the Nigerian High Commission for their share. Total rip off!!

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada(student Visa( / Nairalander's Trip To Old Trafford, Manchester / Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.