Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? (3734 Views)

Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex / He Found A Condom In His Mum's Bag..what Should He Do? / 'My Thoughts On Child Marriage' - Peregrino Brimah (Dr) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by SisiKill1: 9:23pm On Aug 05, 2013
"Protect Yourself" Durex commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiiN_AME1bQ

Another one

French condom commercial: Kids are a pain, use a condom cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gLlBv_SrZw
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by SisiKill1: 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2013
Personally I love it!! cheesy

Honestly can't understand why some people are up in arms over it.

Sometimes this parent group sef....does having kids make one lose their sense of humor? tongue

I'm joking oh...not about loving the ad but the humor thing before I get nailed on a stake...not that I think parents are stake nailing, humorless people oh....what I mean...I think I am just gonna sharrup now. lipsrsealed

So what y'all think?!
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by bookface: 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
Dear Durex,

You are never going to catch me alive you b@stards! And i promise to throw all the tantrums i can once i get out of this huge sack!

Best Regards,
Lil cell!

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by armyofone(m): 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
I laughed so hard esp at the second one grin grin grin
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by HezronLorraine(m): 10:06pm On Aug 05, 2013
Best ads ever.message clearly sent.grin
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by r231(m): 10:06pm On Aug 05, 2013
armyofone: I laughed so hard esp at the second one grin grin grin

cheesy grin

I will beat that kid he will hate sweet for the rest of his life cheesy
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by armyofone(m): 10:28pm On Aug 05, 2013
with those oyinbo looking, I doubt it grin. They are even pitying the kid, thinking dad can't afford extra sweet grin
the dad was so embarrassed grin

r231:

cheesy grin

I will beat that kid he will hate sweet for the rest of his life cheesy
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 05, 2013
Rotfl! Ok I laughed out loud. grin But I also get the outrage this time. The ads are quite hilarious but a tad what's the word? Offensive? Disturbing? That being said I wouldn't be arsed to write a letter of complaint about them, personally.

I completely agree that those parent groups can be quite hypersensitive.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by coogar: 10:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
ouch!!!!!! horrible adverts.....

the govt should just ban having children....i fail to see how using condoms stop kids being naughty. even if one uses condoms till age 60, one day the decision to have a kid must come and one of them would pour hot coffee on one's groin!
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
Lool the second one is hilarious grin

Oyibo and their kids mehn. Typical trip to Asda/Tesco. grin

But the overall meaning of the adverts is horrible undecided

Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
My Mum Said I could...

Old but Gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plA2aydKjkY

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
jackbauersballs: My Mum Said I could...

Old but Gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plA2aydKjkY

Epic ! grin
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by SisiKill1: 11:51pm On Aug 05, 2013
jackbauersballs: My Mum Said I could...

Old but Gold!
Rotflmao! Okay this wins. cheesy cheesy
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 06, 2013
if the parents of these condom advertisers thought the way they did of children as nothing more than bothersome burdens . . . .

there is nothing like the love of a child - unconditional, always forgiving

nothing like coming home after a horrible day at the office to see your kids running out to meet you

those are actually the best times of parenthood, when the kids are too young to drive the car, get pregnant, give you attitude. . .

5 Likes

Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by lepasharon(f): 1:14am On Aug 06, 2013
Ha ! ..they wrong for this lol
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by SisiKill1: 3:30am On Aug 06, 2013
oyb: if the parents of these condom advertisers thought the way they did of children as nothing more than bothersome burdens . . . .

there is nothing like the love of a child - unconditional, always forgiving

nothing like coming home after a horrible day at the office to see your kids running out to meet you

those are actually the best times of parenthood, when the kids are too young to drive the car, get pregnant, give you attitude. . .

Awwwwwww smiley kiss kiss
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by Temismith(f): 6:33am On Aug 06, 2013
Laffin in chinese
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 06, 2013
Na oyibo people dem fit use do this kain advert.... If na my Mama get that second pikin ehn, when she waya him with cane, he'll hate life! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by azpekuliar: 7:53am On Aug 06, 2013
The ads are hilarious! Might be considered damnright offensive by some. Especially that first one, but kids would always be kids.

The point being made isn't that one shouldn't have kids at all, but just do not have more kids than you can adequately cope with at any point in time. I think of it more like a birth spacing ads.
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by kunlesehan(m): 5:41am On Aug 08, 2013
if u don't discipline ur child in private he will disgrace u in public.
and the french guy ...
too daft to use protection
too dumb to give correction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA8P2cbBH_s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by slimyem: 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2013
Hilarious!!cheesy
At least,the target audience get the message.
Re: Thoughts On This Ad For Durex Condom - Yea Or Nah? by plendil: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
And they are still churing out more!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Mother who Lifted a Car To Save her Son !! / Tomorrow Is My Girl Friend's Traditional Marriage...so Confused!!! / Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.