Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun (5497 Views)

Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) / Samsung Opens New Academy In Lagos. / Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by EkoAtlantic: 9:51pm On Aug 05, 2013
August 5, 2013
Going by the request of the Ogun State government towards the location of Samsung Electronics Academy in Ogun State, coupled with the mission to empower Nigerian youths on engineering and entrepreneurship as part of its corporate social responsibility (CSR), Samsung Electronics is planning to site its engineering academy in the state.

Victor Odukwe, business manager, Samsung West Africa Limited, disclosed that the electronics firm was considering the location of its engineering academy in Ogun State after the completion of such academy that was ongoing in Ekiti State, saying the firm desired to contribute value to the lives of young jobless Nigerians.

According to Odukwe, the proposed engineering academy is committed to empower youths through provision of skills acquisition in engineering and entrepreneurship that will address problem of unemployment and poverty, as the company has taken the step, as part of its CSR to create wealth for Nigerians to be self-reliant.

The business manager, who received the Ogun State Technical and Vocational Education Board that carried out a facility tour recently at the Samsung Electronics headquarters in Lagos, declared that the board member had taken a right step by making a request for the location of its engineering academy in the state, adding that the presence of Samsung in the state would not only instil skills acquisition in her youths, but would also create wealth.

Speaking earlier, Doyin Ogunbiyi, chairman, State Technical and Vocational Education Board, revealed that the board made the request based on the recommendation of World Bank that required the state to develop technical and vocational education that would develop the economy.

Ogunbiyi said the World Bank recommendation on vocational and technical education, coupled with the state government’s desire to empower jobless youths through engineering and entrepreneurship prompted the proposed establishment of the engineering academy in the state, adding that the planned skills acquisition academy would make the youths to be self-reliant and therefore, reduce unnecessary dependence and poverty.

She, however, commended the business and economy initiatives of Samsung Electronics Limited for investing in the state economy, urging other multinationals to spread their CSR to the state, just as she promised that the state government would continue to partner genuine, both local and foreign investors, in human capacity development.

By: RAZAQ AYINLA

http://businessdayonline.com/?p=1094

2 Likes

Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by CyberG: 12:45am On Aug 06, 2013
Very nice and good development! @Eko, you have been a bit absent on this board in the past few days if I observed correctly. I hope the feedback on the recent brouhaha in Lagos and Nigeria recently have the full attention of our leaders for immediate action. Abeg, do not relent in continuously making sure these feedback coming from the people reaches the right quarters so they can take real action.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by aspabay(m): 9:35am On Aug 06, 2013
Good one for Ogun
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by SwTonia(f): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2013
A welcum development.almost dia
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by fpeter(f): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2013
ok......way to go!
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by lifestyle1(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2013
cool

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by ghettodreamz(m): 9:38am On Aug 06, 2013
Ok lah!

Giving back to the society, not a bad move.
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by abu12: 9:40am On Aug 06, 2013
Good development and I hope other organisation will emulate them
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by starmehigh: 9:40am On Aug 06, 2013
Good move from Samsung towards Nigeria still waiting for google or apple
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by dridowu: 9:41am On Aug 06, 2013
Hmmmmmm that will be great, my state again for positive news
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by Elcapo(m): 9:41am On Aug 06, 2013
Bring 'em to on... grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by aljharem(m): 9:42am On Aug 06, 2013
Really nice, waiting for techno, apple and co
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by mesther96(f): 9:57am On Aug 06, 2013
God bless Amosun,God bless nigeria!cheesy
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by segxes23(m): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2013
Why nt consider another geo-political zone since two is located in the SW,I mean Lagos and Ekiti.
Before you crucify me i'm from the SW o!

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by Walexz02(m): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2013
It is well with Ogun state..
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by Walexz02(m): 10:18am On Aug 06, 2013
segxes23: Why nt consider another geo-political zone since two is located in the SW,I mean Lagos and Ekiti.
If I hear u well angry u want them to build a factory where their workers would be kidnaped Or where they would just bomb the factory

2 Likes

Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by Akanbiedu(m): 10:22am On Aug 06, 2013
Walexz02:
If I hear u well angry u want them to build a factory where their workers would be kidnaped Or where they would just bomb the factory

Or where locals would demand that they should be employed, qualified or not.

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by sureteeboy(m): 10:24am On Aug 06, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin . GOOD FOR MY STATE. Make dem build am sharp sharp.
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by segxes23(m): 10:27am On Aug 06, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

Or where locals would demand that they should be employed, qualified or not.
so the SW is the only zone without this aforementioned problems? Lets have a rethink!

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by Chimoski87(m): 10:28am On Aug 06, 2013
Is it today that we have hearing such news, they are yet to put tangible thing on ground. Samsung has misused the opportunity of the proverbial early bird that drinks a clean water. Now I know why they have brought themselves up in the news again. Nonsense, I will always be a member of TEAM TECNO FC for life

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by Akanbiedu(m): 10:49am On Aug 06, 2013
Chimoski87: Is it today that we have hearing such news, they are yet to put tangible thing on ground. Samsung has misused the opportunity of the proverbial early bird that drinks a clean water. Now I know why they have brought themselves up in the news again. Nonsense, I will always be a member of TEAM TECNO FC for life

It is called market. Strategists don't try to satisfy everybody.
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by Lawalemi(m): 10:51am On Aug 06, 2013
My state is getting there
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by Akanbiedu(m): 10:51am On Aug 06, 2013
segxes23: so the SW is the only zone without this aforementioned problems? Lets have a rethink!

Dangote just opened a cement factory in Ibese, I haven't read about locals marching up to the factory, demanding for employment.

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by Sojebrand(m): 10:56am On Aug 06, 2013
Nices 1
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by striker9(m): 11:04am On Aug 06, 2013
Walexz02: It is well with Ogun state..
Amen.............

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by LOVEHAPPINESS: 11:17am On Aug 06, 2013
Can someone tell me why the positive posts always get less comments and views than the negative ones?
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by Gbawe: 11:26am On Aug 06, 2013
segxes23: Why nt consider another geo-political zone since two is located in the SW,I mean Lagos and Ekiti.

What would be the issues you would look at if a Nigerian profit-seeking firm looking to operate in Ghana, Cameroon or Namibia? Would you first be seeking to please the geo-political considerations on ground in those Countries or seeking to make decisions based on what is best for your business and optimises its ability to function as a profit-making venture?

5 Likes

Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by Pataki: 11:32am On Aug 06, 2013
Omo Ogun ise ya!

Ogun Standard is marching on PROGRESSIVELY. We the progressives are happy!

Nigeria must progress! 2015, we are changing this country for good.
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 06, 2013
Chimoski87: Is it today that we have hearing such news, they are yet to put tangible thing on ground. Samsung has misused the opportunity of the proverbial early bird that drinks a clean water. Now I know why they have brought themselves up in the news again. Nonsense, I will always be a member of TEAM TECNO FC for life
if u were sensible.. U wouldn't post this

2 Likes

Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by LOVEHAPPINESS: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2013

Samsung makes a lot more than phones.
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by Chartey(m): 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
Walexz02:
But they can also lynch workers in the SW just because people shouted "ole!".
Re: Samsung To Locate Vocational Academy In Ogun by ogoplus: 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
Please someone tell samsung to improve on the quality of their products....

I've got samsung home theatre and a samsung LED TV acting-up badly.

I have friends complaining about samsung LCD TVs too.

I AM SOOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED !

I won't touch anything samsung again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl Explains The Main Reason Why African Married Men Cheat. / Photo : Why are this igbos disgracing themselves over this fulani man? / IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu Speaks in Anger...Disgraces Buhari and Judge...Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.