Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1645) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5935073 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) ... (2839) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
Additional MI-35m Hind E Attack Helicopters delivered to the Nigerian Air Force.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 5:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
Henry240:
Additional MI-35m Hind E Attack Helicopters delivered to the Nigerian Air Force.

Nice one
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 5:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
Henry240:
HappeningNow. The Antonov aircraft bearing the 2 additional brand new @NigAirForce Mi-35M helicopter gunships has touched down at NAF Base Makurdi at exactly 12.20pm. More details and pictures shortly...

Nice Job Henry! Some Reports Say 3...?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 5:58pm On Apr 30, 2018
Henry240:

According to NAF' spokesman the Mi-35m is the most advanced of helicopters in the Mil family of helicopter gunships.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
Covert1:

Nice Job Henry! Some Reports Say 3...?
The AVM in-charge of the media says 2, guess we'll just have to wait till NAF week, which is this week to confirm actual numbers.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2018
NAF TAKES DELIVERY OF SECOND BATCH OF MI-35M HELICOPTER GUNSHIPS, INTERNAL SECURITY OPERATIONS RECEIVE A BOOST

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) today, 30 April 2018, took delivery of two Mi-35M helicopter gunships that the Federal Government had since ordered from Russia. The Antonov aircraft, which brought the new Mi-35M helicopters, touched down on the runway at NAF Base Makurdi at exactly 12.20pm today. The Chief of Aircraft Engineering at NAF Headquarters, Air Vice Marshal Abdulganiyu Olabisi, received the new aircraft on behalf of the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar. A combined team of NAF personnel and Russian technicians were also on hand to assist in offloading the partially assembled new helicopters, some parts of which came in crates. In addition, officials of the Nigeria Customs Service and the Nigeria Immigration Service were present to ensure necessary documentation. The newly delivered helicopters, which are capable of night fighting, are all brand new and are the most sophisticated in the Mi-series of helicopter gunships.

The newly received combat helicopters form the second batch of the fleet of Mi-35M helicopters, the procurement of which the current Federal Government Administration initiated in Year 2015. At the inception of the current NAF leadership in 2015, it was realized that modern Mi-helicopter gunships with night-fighting capability needed to be procured towards enhancing the operational capability of the NAF. Consequently, the delivery of the helicopter gunships would go a long way in adding impetus to the current efforts at combatting the security challenges in Benue State and other parts of the North Central Region as well as other forms of criminality facing the country. In addition, with the delivery of the additional Mi-35M helicopters, the on-going counterinsurgency operation in the Northeast has just received a boost.

It would be recalled that the NAF took delivery of the first batch of 2 brand new Mi-35M helicopters in December 2016, following which the helicopters were inducted and had since been contributing significantly to the counterinsurgency and other Internal Security operations in the country. Furthermore, some NAF personnel had undergone training in Russia, as Pilots and technicians on the Mi-35M helicopters, as part of the contract. Sequel to the hitch-free delivery, a team of Russian and NAF technicians will now complete the assembly of the newly received helicopters in Nigeria prior to test flying. Thereafter, the helicopter gunships will be formally inducted into the NAF, as part of the activities to mark the 54th anniversary celebrations of the Service.

OLATOKUNBO ADESANYA
Air Vice Marshal
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 30, 2018
The Nigerian Air Force has so far acquired for offensive purposes the MI-35m, A-29 and armed Yahbon flash 20 drones.

The haul is quite impressive in it's own respect. The only problem been that most Nigerians would prefer a proper fighter jet, however this haul still works well.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2018

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nigerian Air Force MI-35m Hind E

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2018
LTGEN:

This is fake News.
There is no basis for South Africa to be there.
France has boots on the ground.
Ditto Germany., Belgium and the US.
Somebody is just trying to make SA look good.
grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
Smiles@Deals: President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria and his US counterpart President Donald Trump meeting today at the Oval Office of the White House.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
President Trump live with President Bubu......let's see if we get more offers.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
It seems Nigeria is also buying Helicopters from the US. The story about excess AH-1 Super Cobra could be true.

President Trump just confirmed the US will be selling helicopters to Nigeria and they will be delivered soon.

Maybe he is mistaking it for the Tucano, but who knows?

Potential AH-1 Super Cobra sale to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidex111: 7:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
Henry240:
It seems Nigeria is also buying Helicopters from the US. The story about excess AH-1 Super Cobra could be true.

President Trump just confirmed the US will be selling helicopters to Nigeria and they will be delivered soon.

Too many good news today.

I don't want to be over excited; let's wait and see all these come through. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
Trump just said Nigeria is free to buy Apache helicopters.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
bidex111:

I don't want to be over excited; let's wait and see all these come through. cheesy
I hope we get excess Cobras to complement the MI-35m helicopters.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 7:20pm On Apr 30, 2018
Henry240:

I told you guys that Nigeria was still interested in those helicopters.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2018
Henry240:

When you mentioned proper fighters I was gonna tell u with the Trump meeting we might be hearing more good news.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2018
Iblawi1:

You know sey Naija we too like Nato standard; something might just be coming from that NAF TAI meeting too as some components from there would need US approval.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
Iblawi1:

I told you guys that Nigeria was still interested in those helicopters.
If we can get the AH-1W, that'll be nice.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2018
Iblawi1:

Trump is a dealmaker. He hates all the bureaucracy, in fact he complains that goods are delayed and not supplied on time blaming past professional politicians like Obama & Biden who sacrificed growth for political correctness. He wants to sell sell sell. We can be more ambitious. Trump likes Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
Covert1:

Trump is a dealmaker. He hates all the bureaucracy, in fact he complains that goods are delayed and not supplied on time blaming past professional politicians like Obama & Biden who sacrificed growth for political correctness. He wants to sell sell sell. We can be more ambitious. Trump likes Nigeria.

He mention the free $1.8b cash the Obama government gave the Iranians, and said Nigeria will need such kind of money grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:59pm On Apr 30, 2018
I can't trust anything Trump says, until it's done, that man is unstable lol

bidex111:

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
jteku:

He mention the free $1.8b cash the Obama government gave the Iranians, and said Nigeria will need such kind of money grin grin grin

$150b cash, am sure Nigeria would like some of that too.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
Sizzorkay:
I can't trust anything Trump says, until it's done, that man is unstable lol

There is nothing unstable about the man. I like the fact he is very frank. Liberals and their media arms would instead have us say sorry to criminals and terrorists.

The photo attached best describes what's currently wrong with the world.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
Henry240:

There is nothing unstable about the man. I like the fact he is very frank. Liberals and their media arms would instead have us say sorry to criminals and terrorists.

Placing emotional attachment to OBAMA or Trump has no bearing on Business.
T he Chief of Defence Staff GEN Olonishakin is in DC as part of the delegation.
OBAMA in eight years supplied very little in terms of Real strong long term help to NIGERIAN MILITARY
Trump in less than a year and a half has signed off on the biggest deal that the NAF has negotiated in it's history
Based on the body language of the two presidents it appears there could be a lot more in the offering
Currently it is at least safe to say
NIGERIA and the US are on a much better relationship plane than anywhere going back to 1999
This bodes well for NIGERIA
This bodes well for the US.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CovertX: 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
jteku:

Is it me alone or did anyone else notice that President Trump had a press conference with President Buhari in the Rose Garden? Making the Nigerian leader the first of Nigerian leaders at least in modern times apart from Tafawa Balewa and also the first of sub-saharan African leaders to be so honored. Thats unusual for Washington to do so for an African leader. It speaks volumes and not least respect and goodwil from the present US administration.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 8:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2018
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 9:20pm On Apr 30, 2018
I've had to delete my comments 3 times now, didn't wanna derail this thread, so i digress. But i will say, get to know the man's domestic policies, then you'd understand what I'm talking about. Hurrah to Nigeria, as long as we get what we want right.

Henry240:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 30, 2018
Sizzorkay:
I've had to delete my comments 3 times now, didn't wanna derail this thread, so i digress. But i will say, get to know the man's domestic policies, then you'd understand what I'm talking about. Hurrah to Nigeria, as long as we get what we want right.

I don't care about his domestic policies my guy. It matters not to me. How his foreign policy affects me is my only concern.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 9:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
Are we sure Donald Trump agreed to selling helicopters to Nigeria or am I missing something?
Cos I think the issue of helicopter came about when a female Nigerian journalist questioning Trump erroneously called Super Tucano an 'helicopter.' As we all know, that sort of mistake is peculiar to many Nigerians.

The reporter asked whether USA will give Nigeria two "Tucano helicopters", in advance, since the delivery will be faraway 2020. Some of her colleagues tried to correct her error but their voices were drowned out since she had the microphone.

Do we recall the very recent Techno Helicopter saga in house of assembly

(1) (2) (3) ... (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) ... (2839) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.