Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5946601 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
How did a simple honest question degenerate into this? I believe i asked the question...and i am satisfied with the answer

nemesis8u:

This is what u wrote

I asked for those specific data because of what u wrote above.

I thought that the data regarding j-10 which I had asked for is available to u ie u had access to publicly available info. Internet is vast, lots of things available publicly but not everyone is able to find them.

Without those data how where u able to compare between any 2 aircrafts in terms of atleast kinematic performance

The confidence u showed gave me the hope that u had access to all those relevent data embarassed

Importantly how am I supposed to know that u compare military systems as complex as fighter aircraft's based on publically available Wikipedia data undecided tongue undecided

Lesson learnt

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 10:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 10:14pm On Jun 02, 2018
According to this article they have a loss rate of 100 dead soldiers a month. https://southfront.org/sudanese-forces-in-yemeni-war/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXQDARZYOWc
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 10:16pm On Jun 02, 2018
Henry240:

Are these not publicly available data on the J-10? Or you mean to tell me you don't know what the term data/specs/statistics mean? undecided undecided

Sometimes some of you come online and act stupidly.

Crew: 1[29]
Length: 15.49 m (50.82 ft)
Wingspan: 9.75 m (31.99 ft)
Height: 5.43 m (17.81 ft)
Wing area: 33 m² (356.3 ft²)
Empty weight: 8,850 kg (21,495 lb[51])
Useful load: 6,000 kg[51] (13,200lb)
Loaded weight: 12,400 kg (28,600 lb)
Max. takeoff weight: 19,277 kg [29][51] (42,500 lb)
Powerplant: 1 × Saturn-Lyulka AL-31FN or WS-10A turbofan
Dry thrust: 79.43 kN / 89.17 kN (17,860 lbf / 19,000 lbf)
Thrust with afterburner: 125 kN / 130 kN (27,999 lbf / 29,000 lbf)
Performance

Maximum speed: Mach 1.8[52]
Combat radius: 550 km[51] (342 mi)
Ferry range: 1,850 km[51] (1,150 mi)
Service ceiling: 18,000 m[51] (59,055 ft)
Wing loading: 381 kg/m² (78 lb/ft²)
Thrust/weight: 1.15 (with AL-31FN3); 1.16 (with WS-10B)
Maximum g-load: +9/–3 g[51]
Armament

Guns: 1× Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-23
Hardpoints: 11 in total (6× under-wing, 5× under-fuselage) with a capacity of 7,000 kg (15,400 lb) external fuel and ordnance[28]
Rockets: 90 mm unguided rocket pods
Missiles:
Air-to-air missiles:
PL-8
PL-9
PL-11
PL-12
Air-to-surface missiles:
PJ-9
YJ-9K
Bombs:
Laser-guided bombs: (LT-2)
Glide bombs: (LS-6, GB3, GB2A, GB3A)
Satellite-guided bombs: (FT-1)
Unguided bombs: 250 kg, 500 kg
Others:
Up to 3 external fuel drop-tanks (1× under-fuselage, 2× under-wing) for extended range and loitering time
Avionics

Type 1473H pulse-doppler fire control radar
Externally mounted avionics pods:
Type Hongguang-I infra-red search and track pod
BM/KG300G self-protection jamming pod
KZ900 electronic reconnaissance pod
Blue Sky navigation/attack pod
FILAT (Forward-looking Infra-red Laser Attack Targeting) pod
I've noticed how on this thread it's always about a back and forth thing between some groups people. Every group always trying to prove they are better. @Henry240 why don't you try to make your posts and ignore these people. They understand what you are saying but at the same time goad you into trying to answer some silly questions. Dude you have nothing to prove to anyone. Whatever pictures or stories posted here doesn't alter anything in reality. If I should post that my country has the best army in the world and you go ahead to question that, you won't get an answer from me. Why? Because I've noticed that it's really not a serious forum, it doesn't alter realities. Best armies on paper doesn't mean best in the field ; Libya vs Chad, USA vs Vietnam, Soviet Union vs Afghanistan, France vs Vietnam.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 02, 2018
nemesis8u:

grin grin grin

Well since u clearly have access to the data

Please share j-10 data only regarding its

1.lift to drag ratio
2.lift coefficient
3.sustained turn rate
4.thrust to weight ratio
5.wing loading
6.instantaneous turn rate
7.angle of attack rate
8.climb rate
9.relative energy state
10.drag coefficient
11.specific excess power
12.combat cycle time
13.pitch agility
14.lateral agility
15.axial agility

(Feel free to add extra info if u want) wink

Over all the relevant flight profiles

I will be eagerly waiting , ur a god sent - a angel ( only after I get the data with the proofs ) grin

Thank u very much

One learns something new on this thread every day. Including that 400 defence industry people and defence attaches from 57 countries sitting in a marquee and watching a demonstration on big screens, constitutes a weapons system evaluation.

Some pics from said "evaluation". grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:38am On Jun 03, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian Navy
this is such a cool pic ...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:43am On Jun 03, 2018
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 03, 2018
X
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 8:43am On Jun 03, 2018
frumentius:

One learns something new on this thread every day. Including that 400 defence industry people and defence attaches from 57 countries sitting in a marquee and watching a demonstration on big screens, constitutes a weapons system evaluation.

Some pics from said "evaluation". grin grin grin

Whats that vehicle next to the badger... I cant find it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4744kJbW-LM

The Americans should not have divided.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 03, 2018
Geronimoe:

I've noticed how on this thread it's always about a back and forth thing between some groups people. Every group always trying to prove they are better. @Henry240 why don't you try to make your posts and ignore these people. They understand what you are saying but at the same time goad you into trying to answer some silly questions. Dude you have nothing to prove to anyone. Whatever pictures or stories posted here doesn't alter anything in reality. If I should post that my country has the best army in the world and you go ahead to question that, you won't get an answer from me. Why? Because I've noticed that it's really not a serious forum, it doesn't alter realities. Best armies on paper doesn't mean best in the field ; Libya vs Chad, USA vs Vietnam, Soviet Union vs Afghanistan, France vs Vietnam.

Now here is a matured soul kiss

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ifyalways(f): 11:21am On Jun 03, 2018
firetrap:

I thought I was the only one wishing that Nigeria would stop penny pinching and just go all out and get the BREN. But I'd take the BREN 806 as it's a heavy improvement on the 805
How did u become a virus? Was your account hacked?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 03, 2018
patches689:

Whats that vehicle next to the badger... I cant find it

It's Denel's LM13. Of the LM range, 3 variants have been sold to Saudi Arabia:

1) 80 x LM8 Special Operations Vehicles worth R170 million;
2) 60 x LM13 to the Saudi Ministry of the Interior worth R600 million;
3) Unknown number of the LM16 to the Saudi Army, with licence for further build in KSA.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sconp: 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2018
tdayof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4744kJbW-LM

The Americans should not have divided.
I also wonder why backup wasn't sent since they radioed in early about the attack.

The video however does shed a light on what happens when convoys get attacked.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 1:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
sconp:

I also wonder why backup wasn't sent since they radioed in early about the attack.

The video however does shed a light on what happens when convoys get attacked.

I wish someone used a phone to show how they were running from boko haram's heavy fire the way they do for Nigerian soldiers. May God punish Alex Badeh now and forever Amen.

I never knew US soldiers can run from boko haram o shocked shocked shocked. This is happening at a time the group is not as powerful as they use to.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 2:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
iblawi:

I wish someone used a phone to show how they were running from boko haram's heavy fire the way they do for Nigerian soldiers. May God punish Alex Badeh now and forever Amen.

I never knew US soldiers can run from boko haram o shocked shocked shocked. This is happening at a time the group is not as powerful as they use to.

Would they have run away from Boko Haram on American soil? In their own back yard?

A handful of American troops with no heavy artillery or heavy firepower, soft skin vehicles and no immediate air support is completely different to what happened in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2018
ssaengine:

Would they have run away from Boko Haram on American soil? In their own back yard?

A handful of American troops with no heavy artillery or heavy firepower, soft skin vehicles and no immediate air support is completely different to what happened in Nigeria.
Reminds me of something that happened in 2013 wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 3:54pm On Jun 03, 2018
ssaengine:

There is completely no deference about where the operation is taking place. The soldiers running from boko haram have no heavy artillery nor heavy firepower. All they had was rusty AK-47 with limited bullet and no backup whenever they encounter such attack. Thanks to the formal CDS.

The attack they encountered was even lighter than what Nigerian military faced. Do you know what it means to be in a terrorist stronghold with soft skin vehicles or you watch too many movies?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 4:19pm On Jun 03, 2018
Yea except if the battle was taking place inside the US, they wouldn't have been stupid enough to not have enough air asset for their troops, unlike ours, why even compare.
They invested heavily in their military and operational planning, we used our own investment money to buy mansions overseas.
And you are talking? Show me over 700 US soldiers running away from an enemy inside US territory, then you can make such comparison.
If there are a handful of soldiers being overwhelmed by the enemy, in a foreign territory without backup coming, you retreat, it's simply common sense, or stand your ground and die, there is a choice. Regardless of country, if outnumbered, you retreat, what Nigeria needs is more air assets

iblawi:

There is completely no deference about where the operation is taking place. The soldiers running from boko haram have no heavy artillery nor heavy firepower. All they had was rusty AK-47 with limited bullet and no backup whenever they encounter such attack. Thanks to the formal CDS.

The attack they encountered was even lighter than what Nigerian military faced. Do you know what it means to be in a terrorist stronghold with soft skin vehicles or you watch too many movies?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
Sizzorkay:
Yea except if the battle was taking place inside the US, they wouldn't have been stupid enough to not have enough air asset for their troops, unlike ours, why even compare.
They invested heavily in their military and operational planning, we used our own investment money to buy mansions overseas.
And you are talking? Show me over 700 US soldiers running away from an enemy inside US territory, then you can make such comparison.
If there are a handful of soldiers being overwhelmed by the enemy, in a foreign territory without backup coming, you retreat, it's simply common sense, or stand your ground and die, there is a choice. Regardless of country, if outnumbered, you retreat, what Nigeria needs is more air assets

I still stand by my claims. You people keep shout they were not on US soil but forget to remember they have armed drone base in Niger where the operation took place. Moving around terrorists stronghold is not something easy for any military even if you are not using soft skin vehicle. Every movement in such area must be well planned or you die like chicken.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2018
Not related to the context being discussed here

I am just talking to myself.....

Soldiers r human , inspite of all the claims of extra ordinary fortitude in media etc , the fact is they r also prone to human instincts, drawn by hope and at the mercy of lady luck

There is this basic human Instinct know as " fight or flight "

Military equivalent of flight would be retreat

Fight or flight instinct is situational and triggered on our own interpretation of the conditions around us.

Let's say if I am leading a group of 6 soldiers and I get ambushed with no hope of immediate back up or rescue I would instinctively react either in line with my military training to face such situations or I will react instinctively based on my assessment of the situation.

Either way the survival of me and my squad will generally depend on

1. My ammo reserves ie how long I can fight it out.

If my ammo load is already low and inadequate against the large no of hostiles before me , I will instinctively retreat and hope to cover it with my available fire power.

2. If faced with large no of hostiles in a remote location, no point in entrenching one selves against superior firepower , then it becomes a matter of time when my ammo runs out and my defences fail against heavy calibre weapons.

So instinctively I will retreat with cover fire

And if the hostiles r mobile then I will definitely run by instinct.

3. If I am in the open then I will run instinctively for the nearest cover or in search for the nearest covet.

Try to buy time with cover fire and locate the next cover and go for it pronto inorder to get away from the hostiles instinctively.

While doing all this the hostiles either on foot or vehicles with heavy weapony will have all the time in the world to kill me and my men from the point of first contact to the point of my retreat to the point of the death of me and my men's.

In after life I will reminiscent "how the odds were stacked against me and my men"

There r situations from where there is no point of return , as the odds r not in my favour and getting caught in the middle of nowhere without immediate backup or immediate fire support among hordes of hostiles is one such situation.

Instincts either horned or reflex will only get me so far as my lady luck wills it to be.

This is applicable to all soldiers irrespective of nationality. Nobody dies by choice the situation kills him

.......Ok finished talking to myself

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2018
lol, that wasn't too complicated now was it? It's common sense to retreat in such situation. Well said
nemesis8u:

Soldiers r human , inspite of all the claims of extra ordinary fortitude in media etc , the fact is they r also prone to human instincts, drawn by hope and at the mercy of lady luck

Fight or flight instinct is situational and triggered on our own interpretation of the conditions around us.

Let's say if I am leading a group of 6 soldiers and I get ambushed with no hope of immediate back up or rescue I would instinctively react either in line with my military training to face such situations or I will react instinctively based on my assessment of the situation.

If my ammo load is already low and inadequate against the large no of hostiles before me , I will instinctively retreat and hope to cover it with my available fire power.

2. If faced with large no of hostiles in a remote location, no point in entrenching one selves against superior firepower , then it becomes a matter of time when my ammo runs out and my defences fail against heavy calibre weapons.

3. If I am in the open then I will run instinctively for the nearest cover or in search for the nearest covet.

Try to buy time with cover fire and locate the next cover and go for it pronto inorder to get away from the hostiles instinctively.

While doing all this the hostiles either on foot or vehicles with heavy weapony will have all the time in the world to kill me and my men from the point of first contact to the point of my retreat to the point of the death of me and my men's.

In after life I will reminiscent "how the odds were stacked against me and my men"

There r situations from where the is no point of return , as the odds r not in my favour and getting caught in the middle of nowhere without immediate backup or immediate fire support among hordes of hostiles is one such situation.

Instincts either horned or reflex will only get me so far as my lady luck wills it to be.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
nemesis8u:

There r situations from where there is no point of return , as the odds r not in my favour and getting caught in the middle of nowhere without immediate backup or immediate fire support among hordes of hostiles is one such situation.

This is applicable to all soldiers irrespective of nationality. Nobody dies by choice the situation kills him

Thanks for talking to yourself. At least you've educated some people that think soldiers from certain countries have superpowers.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:54pm On Jun 03, 2018
off topic:Veni, vidi, vici #wakanda forever

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
iblawi:

Ah I see. So basically you just wanted a troll moment... well you've had it. Congrats.

What happened to Nigerian troops should not have happened. Not when your entire army is within the borders of the conflict zone....no excuse. What happened to US troops could have, and did happen. They took risks, gambles and lost. Cheers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2018

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
ssaengine:

Ah I see. So basically you just wanted a troll moment... well you've had it. Congrats.

What happened to Nigerian troops should not have happened. Not when your entire army is within the borders of the conflict zone....no excuse. What happened to US troops could have, and did happen. They took risks, gambles and lost. Cheers.

Its common sense bro. You can't send troops to war front with rusty AK-47, few bullets and without backup when its needed. The formal chief of defense (CDS) staff and other top military officers were sending troops to their death and divert all their salaries and allowances to their account instead of stopping the payment after they die. So the more soldiers die, the richer they get and we've not even talked about money meant for weapon procurement. It was purely a case of corruption.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 11:16pm On Jun 03, 2018
[quote author=ssaengine post=68147691]

What happened to Nigerian troops should not have happened. Not when your entire army is within the borders of the conflict zone....no excuse. What happened to US troops could have, and did happen. They took risks, gambles and lost. Cheers. [/quote
Quit pontificating
Your Country SA has lost battles before.]

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 12:55am On Jun 04, 2018
Every country has lost battles before....what's your point?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:28am On Jun 04, 2018
1. Is this real

If yes, what is it primary purpose, can I shoot a person 100km away , is it an anti thank gun or anti aircraft gun.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 04, 2018
Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 04, 2018
Nigerian Navy SBS VBSS

(1) (2) (3) ... (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.