Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1682) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5934281 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) ... (2839) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

I know that guy he’s not SBS, he’s NAF regiment.

Yes, brave heart... What I'm trying to say is we have some SBS members in the AFSF. How is thet possible?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
tdayof:

Yes, brave heart... What I'm trying to say is we have some SBS members in the AFSF. How is thet possible?
I think they are seconded there for a tour of duty & RTU afterwards
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
Artillery Regiment - SANDF
G6 155mm SP and towed Howitzer

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
lionel4power:
Artillery Regiment - SANDF
G6 155mm SP and towed Howitzer
Towed howitzer is called the G5.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2018
jln115:
Towed howitzer is called the G5.
yea.... G5 and G6

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2018

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 3:28am On Jun 07, 2018

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:07am On Jun 07, 2018
NAF Pilot

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2018

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2018
OT,a single engine 208 with 10 aboard has been recovered at the foot hills of the Aberdares-no survivors. These 12 k foot Aberdare ranges contiguous to Mt.Kenya have killed more than their fair share. Wind shears and katabatic air flow no doubt play a role. Btw,Saffas some of your guys were lost here in '42 in their Bleinheim and remains only recovered last year.

The nephew of a Second World War gunner whose plane crashed on Mount Kenya 75 years ago has said that his family could finally complete their mourning and bury him after hearing only last month that his remains had been discovered.

The bodies of rear gunner Simon Eliastam and his three South African Air Force colleagues were found by a jungle logger in 2002. The following year, a British Army expedition was dispatched to the forest, dug out the remains of the four and placed them in plastic bags under the wing of their Bristol Blenheim bomber, where they have stayed until now.

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/family-buries-a-lost-son-75-years-after-jungle-tragedy-1.52834

The Mountain and nearby Aberdares ranges are still heavily forested which hampers recovery. Fyi,Uganda lost 3 of 4 Hinds in one incident en route to Somalia in August 2012 . The RAF operated a Lancaster squadron out of Eastleigh Nairobi during the Mau Mau emergency and at least 2 crashed with one going down near dad's hometown in an accident.
On 19th February 1955, during what the then colonial government referred to as the "Emergency" enacted to combat the Mau Mau uprising, an RAF Lincoln bomber belonging to No. 49 Squadron based at Eastleigh aerodrome, crashed near the town of Githunguri some fifteen kilometers (eight miles) north-north-west of Kiambu.

The bomber, serial number SX984, carrying six aircrew, was returning from a bombing and strafing mission over the Kipipiri Forest when the pilot, Flying Officer Alan Hunt, decided to carry out unauthorized low passes over the Police Officers' Mess where he knew a number of his RAF colleagues were spending the afternoon.
https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=25865

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2018
lionel4power:
Ethiopian Air Force receives C-130E Hercules aircraft from US

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/06/ethiopian-air-force-receives-c-130-hercules-aircraft-from-us
the actual photo

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
newafricaken254:
the actual photo
thanks boss... it'll be updated soonest.

Please insert the Picture credit so I can use it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
lionel4power:
Ethiopian Air Force receives C-130E Hercules aircraft from US

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/06/ethiopian-air-force-receives-c-130-hercules-aircraft-from-us
Expect more C-130E donations to US "allies" around the world, in light of removal from service in the USAF.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
tdayof:

How can you be a member of the NNSBS and also AFSF together..

grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
tdayof:

How can you be a member of the NNSBS and also AFSF together..
Nothing difficult to understand. If you followed my post in the other thread, you'll see there is nothing confusing.

The AFSF BN like i stated in that thread was not formed by DHQ, neither is it funded by DHQ. AFSF was formed and is funded by the ONSA, it was formed when Dasuki was in office.

After the Nigerian government discovered that the American government led by Obama was actively sabotaging our efforts to confront the terrorist threat facing Nigeria, the government decided to look elsewhere.

Help came in from Russia and Belarus. The agreement reached was for the government to train an effective heavily armed unit comprising of commandos already present in the various arms of the military. That was how AFSF was born, that's why the unit also includes members from the DSS.

All members of AFSF when rotated out go back to their respective Regiment, SBS or Army Special Forces units.

It's the standard.

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
Henry240:

Nothing difficult to understand. If you followed my post in the other thread, you'll see there is nothing confusing.

Yep. As I said on the other thread, AFSF is a command, not a unit. But I guess individuals there didn't want to comprehend because "what does this Saffer know?"
I repeat: it's a joint command comprising various Nigerian military SOF units from the Army, Navy, Airforce, and such appropriate civilian arms as the DSS, Police etc.
I trust the presentation given to us by the Nigerian Defence Attache more than random individuals on the internet.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:10am On Jun 08, 2018
frumentius:

Yep. As I said on the other thread, AFSF is a command, not a unit. But I guess individuals there didn't want to comprehend because "what does this Saffer know?"
I repeat: it's a joint command comprising various Nigerian military SOF units from the Army, Navy, Airforce, and such appropriate civilian arms as the DSS, Police etc.
I trust the presentation given to us by the Nigerian Defence Attache more than random individuals on the internet.

AFSF ,basically is the local USSOCOM.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 08, 2018
Nigerian and British Air Force Military police

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:07am On Jun 08, 2018
Dassault Rafale cockpit.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
lionel4power:
thanks boss... it'll be updated soonest.

Please insert the Picture credit so I can use it.
US Ambassador to Ethiopia twitter account https://twitter.com/USEmbassyAddis/status/1004616142575558656

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
[Exclusive] Demfas Aerosystems signs MoU with Chinese firm on AI System

Demfas Aerosystems one of Nigeria’s technological pioneering start-up has signed a memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Enster Electronics – a Chinese technology firm for funding of Demfas Aerosystems’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) developed CCTV systems and also for the Transfer of Technology (ToT) of network encryption security package from Demfas Aerosystems to the Chinese firm.

The signing which happened at Enster Electronics manufacturing facility in Shenzhen China earlier this month is the same facility which houses the final development and production of the Demfas Aerosystems developed CCTV systems.

Read more...
https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/06/exclusive-demfas-aerosystems-signs-mou-with-chinese-firm-on-ai-system

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
lionel4power:
[Exclusive] Demfas Aerosystems signs MoU with Chinese firm on AI System

Demfas Aerosystems one of Nigeria’s technological pioneering start-up has signed a memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Enster Electronics – a Chinese technology firm for funding of Demfas Aerosystems’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) developed CCTV systems and also for the Transfer of Technology (ToT) of network encryption security package from Demfas Aerosystems to the Chinese firm.

The signing which happened at Enster Electronics manufacturing facility in Shenzhen China earlier this month is the same facility which houses the final development and production of the Demfas Aerosystems developed CCTV systems.

Read more...
https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/06/exclusive-demfas-aerosystems-signs-mou-with-chinese-firm-on-ai-system

Congratulations @Tdayof we are really proud of you.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
Na @Tdayof be that for the pic?

Henry240:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
[quote author=61mech post=68173260]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oct6ACAfIIE

Earlier on I said I didn't see the need for your PAW at the section level-smth like this but not 14.7 mm as this seems. I do hope you can at least expound on your PAW situation. IIRC it was first issued to your Recces but will soon be standard issue on the platoon level. Denel says
http://www.denel.co.za/press-article/The-%E2%80%9CBull%E2%80%9D-In-Denel%E2%80%99s-Kraal-Gets-Even-Better/149

You already have RPGs ,a BMG,60 mm mortars and shorter range Milkors on the platoon level-why the Inkunzi PAW,imo,its overkill. Why not rework SS 77 to the .338 Norma as General Dynamics has already done with a 240? Establishing traditional fire superiority and suppressive fire at longer ranges makes more sense than highly selective plinking on any battlefield from Bangui to Beirut or Basra.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/05/16/338-nm-lightweight-medium-machine-gun-lwmmg/

The gun itself weighs 24 lbs. This is a lot lighter than the M240B and about 1.7 lbs heavier than the new M240L. The .338 NM cartridges are a lot larger and heavier than 7.62mm cartridges.

This gun makes a lot of sense to me. The ballistics of the .338 NM are far superior to the 7.62mm. At longer ranges it has ballistics similar to the .50 BMG without the need to carry around a M2 + bipod.

I ask cause I really don't see the need for the PAW on the platoon level,the weapons platoon along with heavier mortars,yes. 61mech,jln115,patches689 and frumentius,enlighten me please.
Here's the difference between .50 BMG, 7.62 NATO,338 Norma Mag and
5.56 mm

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2018
kenpaul0:
Na @Tdayof be that for the pic?

Yeah, that's our little genius doing big things.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 2:50pm On Jun 08, 2018
The General Dynamics gun is a brand new purpose built design with a new operating system that lets the barrel recoil with the action. A FN Mag/240 or ss77 receiver would get destroyed with the 338 norma. You'd have to build a new gun from the ground up and use some sort of constant recoil mechanism to handle the 338Norma. It would be problematic to sell as militaries are extremely "gunshy" (excuse the pun) about adopting new calibres in general.

The Neopup would be more useful for peacekeeping missions where you can use the weapons accuracy and lower kill radius to limit collateral damage. It's almost a purpose build roadblock/VBIED weapon in my opinion. That would sell very well in the current ME wars. Iraq alone must have 1000nds of roadblocks set up. We actually used the 40mm MGL at the section/squad level.

Don't believe what Denel tells you about the widespread issuing of the 20mm to the infantry. The SANDF can hardly afford to train mechanics to service SAMILS, let alone adopt a new weapon at those numbers. The top priority for the infantry should be to get more ACOGS on R-4 's.

[quote author=kikuyu1 post=68294241][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:32pm On Jun 08, 2018
Henry240:

Thanks grin grin

Now I feel like running away to deactivate my account lol grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 3:49pm On Jun 08, 2018
61mech:
The General Dynamics gun is a brand new purpose built design with a new operating system that lets the barrel recoil with the action. A FN Mag/240 or ss77 receiver would get destroyed with the 338 norma[b]. You'd have to build a new gun from the ground up and use some sort of constant recoil mechanism to handle the 338Norma. It would be problematic to sell as militaries are extremely "gunshy" (excuse the pun) about adopting new calibres in general.
[/b]
The Neopup would be more useful for peacekeeping missions where you can use the weapons accuracy and lower kill radius to limit collateral damage. It's almost a purpose build roadblock/VBIED weapon in my opinion. That would sell very well in the current ME wars. Iraq alone must have 1000nds of roadblocks set up. We actually used the 40mm MGL at the section/squad level.

Don't believe what Denel tells you about the widespread issuing of the 20mm to the infantry. The SANDF can hardly afford to train mechanics to service SAMILS, let alone adopt a new weapon at those numbers. The top priority for the infantry should be to get more ACOGS on R-4 's.

Yes,a brand new recoil mitigation system would have to be developed-which imo,isn't beyond your collective abilities. Idk,why I never saw that anti VBIED role for the Neopup-its tailor made for it actually!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2018
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
off topic:anyone watching this documentary !?you can clearly see the difference of an ex western trained soldier and those syria/iraq militia and iraq soldiers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukwPwz1QsbM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 7:59pm On Jun 08, 2018
tdayof:
Thanks grin grin

Congrats, i have seen you before grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
tdayof:
Thanks grin grin

Finally I got my target tongue tongue tongue

You know I have always promised you one 50 BMG shot to your left ball sir cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) ... (2839) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Covert1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.