Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:38 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5896217 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) ... (2836) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olifant Tank

AAD2018

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 20, 2018
AAD 2018: MRAP 4x4 vehicle ARA manufactured by Proforce from Nigeria

Nigerian Company Proforce at AAD 2018, the International Aerospace and Defense exhibition in South Africa to promote its full range of combat and security vehicles including MRAP, APC and light tactical vehicles. PROFORCE LIMITED was incorporated in 2008 as a total defence solution provider specializing in armored vehicles and personal protection. The company’s focus is on the delivery of confidence in protective mobility.

Proforce was established in 2008 and describes itself as the only private armored vehicle manufacture in Nigeria specializing in armored vehicles and personal protection. The company makes armored tactical vehicles, armored personnel carriers for military and police, ballistic helmets and vests, armored cash-in-transit, armored private and commercial passenger vehicles.

According to the CEO of Proforce, the ARA is already in service with the Nigerian armed forces.

The ARA or THUNDER is a combat vehicle in the category of MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected) vehicle fully designed and developed by the Company Proforce. The ARA is fitted with a fully independent suspension system that provides high level of mobility in all-terrain conditions.

The ARA is motorized with a Diesel engine developing 218 hp. at 2,200 rpm coupled to an 6-speed Allison automatic gearbox. It has a gross vehicle weight of 19,000 kg with a maximum payload of 3,000 kg. The vehicle can carry a total of 10 military personnel including driver and commander. It can run at a maximum speed of 96 km/h.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:49am On Sep 20, 2018
Henry240:
AAD 2018: MRAP 4x4 vehicle ARA manufactured by Proforce from Nigeria

Nigerian Company Proforce at AAD 2018, the International Aerospace and Defense exhibition in South Africa to promote its full range of combat and security vehicles including MRAP, APC and light tactical vehicles. PROFORCE LIMITED was incorporated in 2008 as a total defence solution provider specializing in armored vehicles and personal protection. The company’s focus is on the delivery of confidence in protective mobility.

Proforce was established in 2008 and describes itself as the only private armored vehicle manufacture in Nigeria specializing in armored vehicles and personal protection. The company makes armored tactical vehicles, armored personnel carriers for military and police, ballistic helmets and vests, armored cash-in-transit, armored private and commercial passenger vehicles.

According to the CEO of Proforce, the ARA is already in service with the Nigerian armed forces.

The ARA or THUNDER is a combat vehicle in the category of MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected) vehicle fully designed and developed by the Company Proforce. The ARA is fitted with a fully independent suspension system that provides high level of mobility in all-terrain conditions.

The ARA is motorized with a Diesel engine developing 218 hp. at 2,200 rpm coupled to an 6-speed Allison automatic gearbox. It has a gross vehicle weight of 19,000 kg with a maximum payload of 3,000 kg. The vehicle can carry a total of 10 military personnel including driver and commander. It can run at a maximum speed of 96 km/h.
she's to big to carry just only 10 personal
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:55am On Sep 20, 2018
61mech:
Terrible front approach angle. Its becomes a problem when you have to do an rapid about turn and there's a drainage ditch running parallel to the road (pretty common). Rule nr.1 for if you don't want to get hit by an RPG, don't get stuck.
I've stopped counting the MRAP designs coming out of SA. We could equip a Bn. just with prototypes. Doesn't make any business sense to get into the products that Milkor is developing lately.

Apparently the company has been taken over by a Turkish dissident organization Erdogan accuses of being involved with the coup. He accused them of taking $ 500 million out of the country. I'd keep a eye on them if I was the SA gov. Something doesn't smell right.

I noticed that front angle and thought the same-but mainly the bolded! I swear sometimes I think every Saffa with a matric and his uncle designs MRAPs in his free time! Its true,yours are rated higher than western analogues but at what point does 'overproduction,' kick in and then you can't give them away.
IJS.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:16am On Sep 20, 2018
jln115:
yeah that's the problem....... Very beautiful to look at, but doubt it has the off road capabilities to take on the southern African bush.

Nothing more than a show pony!!

The shorter wheelbase compasates for the ground clearance.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:19am On Sep 20, 2018
Back to AAD2018

Paramount brought back their usual with new paints

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:20am On Sep 20, 2018
That vehicle on the letf looks interesting. I think its worth investing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2018
The dignitaries from other countries are here.

Pic 1 - Ghanaian military chief
Pic 2 - Botswana deligates

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:55am On Sep 20, 2018
I'm actually impressed by Milkor, just a year ago they produced nothing besides grenade launchers. This year they have land, air and sea products. Impressive

Below is the new Milkor drone

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 20, 2018
GreenandGold:

The shorter wheelbase compasates for the ground clearance.
yeah but doesn't compensate for the poor approach angle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2018
jln115:
yeah but doesn't compensate for the poor approach angle.

The approach angle is good, the front wheels are far forward. The only concern is that low bumper where the registration plate is at, its unnecessary.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2018
AAD 2018

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2018
SVI launches low cost Armoured vehicle

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
Henry240:
AAD 2018

Nice find cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NNAMDIII(m): 1:29pm On Sep 20, 2018
Henry240:
AAD 2018

What's the full meaning sir?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 20, 2018
NNAMDIII:
What's the full meaning sir?
Africa Aerospace and Defence expo South-Africa. It is one of 4 bi-annual defence shows held in Africa. The other's Marrakesh in Morroco, Shield Africa in Ivory Coast and Cairo air show which holds in Egypt.

Nigeria used to have one, but it was cancelled after 2 editions in 2010 and 2012.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SternProphet: 4:23pm On Sep 20, 2018
Henry240:
This is a mortar carrier.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
GreenandGold:
That vehicle on the letf looks interesting. I think its worth investing.
The vehicle on the left is am Mbombe 6x6 with a Jordanian made "Cobra" turret. A fully covered turret, nothing really specacular about it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2018
Think he's talking about the Marauder cargo version on the far left.
I think Singapore plans to build some of that version.

Henry240:

The vehicle on the left is am Mbombe 6x6 with a Jordanian made "Cobra" turret. A fully covered turret, nothing really specacular about it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2018
61mech:

Oh........ I see!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
Henry240:
What is funny about all this is that, our reps will go there and would come back to Nigeria not making any bid for any of them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2018
And here come the pacifists complaining about South African arms being used by Saudi Arabia and UAE in Yemen.
It was only matter of time.

https://www.presstv.com/DetailFr/2018/07/27/569367/Yemen-Saudi-Arabia-UAE-South-Africa
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2018
The Kenya Air Force has announced the handover of nine Airbus AS550C3 Fennec helicopters from the United Arab Emirates. The aircraft will be used in Kenya’s efforts against al-Shabaab, the Somali militant group.

The handover ceremony took place at Laikipia Air Base in Nanyuki on 14th September, and was attended Kenya’s Cabinet Secretary for Defence, Raychelle Omamo. Also present were Kenya Air Force Commander Major General Francis Ogolla, the UAE Ambassador in Kenya, Khalid Khalifa Abdullah Rashid Al Mu’alla, along with senior military officers from both countries. Major General Francis Ogolla is seen on the right in the image above

The UAE military took delivery of at least 30 AS550C3 helicopters in the years 2000 to 2004. No details of the contract between UAE and Kenya were disclosed

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 20, 2018
Sukhoi 30 mka algeria

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 20, 2018
AAD2018

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hrmnn

That's his kind of photo.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2018
Denel’s 30mm Tactical Remote Turret fitted to a RG31 Mk5.

AAD2018

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:36am On Sep 21, 2018
Henry240:
Denel’s 30mm Tactical Remote Turret fitted to a RG31 Mk5.

AAD2018

That's a mother of all "technicals",a 30mm auto-cannon on a pick-up should be "illegal".

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:38am On Sep 21, 2018
The students showed up at AAD2018 for that robotics competition.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:40am On Sep 21, 2018
Communication equipment from a local supplier, which made me think of Namibian and Nigerian radio communications companies which I haven't seen on display

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:43am On Sep 21, 2018
61mech:

The original Marauder and Casspir are my all time fav MRAPs! Protection,mobility and power are the best,though imo the Marauder is also a sexy byatch. There was a pic of a Casspir arse deep in mud somewhere in E DRC pulling out another Cass.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2018
The RG41, first it's being showcased as a Denel product (after the BAE Land Systems South Africa acquisition)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) ... (2836) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.