Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1777) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5948592 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 14, 2018
QuietMynd:

Pictures of attacks on ground forces have been posted here countless of times and still counting.
pictures of attacks yes, not pictures of failings of the NA.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 14, 2018
Nigerian AFSF Sniper

I initially wrongly captioned this as a Kenyan navy sniper.

Corrected, and reposted.

Many thanks to Nigerians who pointed out the error.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 8:16am On Nov 14, 2018
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 14, 2018
A cross-section of different types of Nigerian made bulletproof vests from NMT.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Danooz87(m): 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2018
Kenya Defence Forces predeployment training

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Danooz87(m): 6:40pm On Nov 14, 2018
More

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Danooz87(m): 6:42pm On Nov 14, 2018
Director General of the recently created Kenyan Coast Guard Brig. Vincent Loonena

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AeroplaneApple: 7:36pm On Nov 14, 2018
Henry240:

Corrected, and reposted.
Many thanks to Nigerians who pointed out the error.
Awesome... It's all efficient now
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 14, 2018
AeroplaneApple:

Good evening. Please i wanted to seek your advice on something I applied for FRSC RECRUITMENT and I have gotten past the test/cbt stage I have been invited for an interview slated for 17th November. This Saturday Please as a military man, can you please share any idea of likely question they could possibly ask? Thanks in anticipation
I'm not in the military bro. I'm a civilian.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
Henry240:

I'm not in the military bro. I'm a civilian.

Lol henry if not because you have pointed out here several times that you are not a military man, anybody would think you are
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 14, 2018
JUST IN: The COAS Lt Gen TY Buratai has approved the immediate deployment of Troops of 123 Special Forces Battalion to consolidate Operation LAFIYA DOLE. The battle ready troops are equipped with special military and logistics stores. Pictures are attached.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2018

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SternProphet: 6:02am On Nov 15, 2018
Major operations commencing?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 15, 2018
Tunisian sf

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2018
Kilo 636 M algerian navy

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2018
Fuchs 2 armored personnal carrier , exercise . algerian republican garde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm1fh8SFa1Y

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2018
Sigma corvet , moroccan navy

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
Algerian1:
Fuchs 2 armored personnal carrier , exercise . algerian republican garde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm1fh8SFa1Y
What a beauty!

I wish you guys could mount a 25mm or 30mm cannon on them.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
Nigerian army night operation following a BHT arson attack.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 15, 2018
Algerian1:
Sigma corvet , moroccan navy
This is an off-topic question.

Algerian, what's the official language in Algeria? Both Arabic and French? Is French also as widely spoken as Arabic?

Is there an indigenous language also widely spoken in Algerian apart from Arabic and French?

Is there a broken down version of French?

For example in Nigeria, Broken english is the most widely spoken language.

English proper is the official language.

Local indigenous languages are spoken just as much as English. So you have Nigerians speaking Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Efik, Ijaw and 500 other indigenous languages.

An average Nigerian speaks 3 languages. English, Pidgin English and his/her individual ethnic language.

How is it in Algeria?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2018
NAF LAUNCHES OPS GREEN SWEEP AGAINST BHTs, RECORDS SUCCESSFUL STRIKES AT SHARAMA IN BORNO STATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfAs1xb_YMU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
Henry240:

This is an off-topic question.

Algerian, what's the official language in Algeria? Both Arabic and French? Is French also as widely spoken as Arabic?

Is there an indigenous language also widely spoken in Algerian apart from Arabic and French?

Is there a broken down version of French?

For example in Nigeria, Broken english is the most widely spoken language.

English proper is the official language.

Local indigenous languages are spoken just as much as English. So you have Nigerians speaking Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Efik, Ijaw and 500 other indigenous languages.

An average Nigerian speaks 3 languages. English, Pidgin English and his/her individual ethnic language.

How is it in Algeria?

Official language in algeria is arabic and amazigh

French is widely spoken in algeria used in university , science , in administration, tv too . but its not an official language .

The most language spoken in algeria ( and all maghreb) is darija its a mix between a localy modified arabic, amazigh, french and even spanish turkish words . there is also the original berber indegenious language the amazigh . used in some regions of algeria ( with little differences from a region to another) a good part of population ( no stats but i will say 25% of algerians) speak it .

And average algerian speak : darija , arabic, french and +\ - amazigh .

My old thread about algeria : https://www.nairaland.com/4155711/welcome-algeria-pics
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2018
Algerian1:

French is widely spoken in algeria used in university , science , in administration, tv too . but its not an official 4155711/welcome-algeria-pics[/url]

Thanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2018
Algerian1:

French is widely spoken in algeria used in university , science , in administration, tv too . but its not an official language .

The most language spoken in algeria ( and all maghreb) is darija its a mix between a localy modified arabic, amazigh, french and even spanish turkish words . there is also the original berber indegenious language the amazigh . used in some regions of algeria ( with little differences from a region to another) a good part of population ( no stats but i will say 25% of algerians) speak it .

And average algerian speak : darija , arabic, french and +\ - amazigh .

My old thread about algeria : https://www.nairaland.com/4155711/welcome-algeria-pics

i sent you an e-mail, can you please check it?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 16, 2018
This is by far the most amazing documentary you'll see this year.

NIGERIAN AIR FORCE WOMEN OF WAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrL4rF_x3Xc

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 16, 2018
Henry240:
This is by far the most amazing documentary you'll see this year.

NIGERIAN AIR FORCE WOMEN OF WAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrL4rF_x3Xc
watched few minutes agi and am marveled and impressed.
Wish our army department could replicate such.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 9:09am On Nov 16, 2018
Am I the only one reading reports of presumably FIB Malawian and Tanzanian soldiers KIA in eastern DRC?

Pics not related

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 16, 2018
ViceAdmirlAgain:
Am I the only reading reports of presumably FIB Malawian and Tanzanian soldiers KIA in eastern DRC?
One Tanzanian and 6 Malawians KIA in the eastern DRC.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 16, 2018
Malian Special Forces

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2018
Senegalese Soldiers in Mali

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by allpal: 1:50pm On Nov 16, 2018
NA

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 3:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
They're meant for motorised infantry units.
12.7mm is usually the top-end for Mot. Inf. ,because troops de-bus long before the objective unlike mechanised that could be required to fight through or provide support fire for the assault from elevated positions. Hence the use of high cal. autocannons and 8x8/tracked platforms.
Mot. inf. used to mostly ride on trucks but nowadays its better protected vehicles like M-raps or light APC's like this.
Would have liked to see them get Mbombe6x6. Newer design that's also better suited to COIN ops. The Germans probably financed the Fuchs.

Henry240:

What a beauty!

I wish you guys could mount a 25mm or 30mm cannon on them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.