Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,058 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1821) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5936095 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) ... (2839) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BruncleZuma: 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2019
What's with the white "wife beaters"...they don't look tactically appropriate.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by golfsierra: 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
Odunayaw:
Am just glad this time isnt anything as bad as Westgate

Recce guys were there within the hour together with regular police and plain clothed DCI guys. Also great response from the Australian SpeOps guys for being the first responders
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 1:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
Namibian & Botswana Army convoy encounters a 'rebel' checkpoint

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 3:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
EMW01:
Pics of weapons used by the terrorist in Riverside, Nairobi.
the one with the red band on the head, Rambo style, which virgin will want to fuk this one, talk more of 72. Fooooooool died for nothing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
EMW01:
Pics of weapons used by the terrorist in Riverside, Nairobi.

The hole in the mag and the destroyed right thumb of the 2nd last mofo is actually more common in close range shooting than you may think. Guys naturally aim at the gun not the shooter-not complaining,though!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ignant: 3:56pm On Jan 16, 2019
Kenya's response to this situation was so professional. And the kits of the security services look so admirable.

Great job.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 3:56pm On Jan 16, 2019
kikuyu1:

The hole in the mag and the destroyed right thumb of the 2nd last mofo is actually more common in close range shooting than you may think. Guys naturally aim at the gun not the shooter-not complaining,though!
why would you want to shoot at the gun when you can kill the person pulling the trigger.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2019
Geronimoe:
why would you want to shoot at the gun when you can kill the person pulling the trigger.

Its a natural impulse at close range shooting to want to directly neutralise the source of sound and fury not the shooter that not even 100s of hours of training can kill.

Perhaps what’s more interesting, however, are the reports that indicate three of the four wounded officers were wounded in the hands. Two officers reportedly received gunshot wounds to the hand, and one officer received a graze or shrapnel wound to the hand. Fortunately, they escaped more serious injuries, but the pattern of wounds to the hands is a significant piece of information that shouldn’t be ignored.
https://aztroopers.org/enews/what-we-can-learn-from-officer-hand-and-arm-injuries-in-gunfights

I also know 2 CID guys who both sustained grazing lower wrist gunshot wounds over the years.

It’s all in the hands

If you’re a student of gunfights, you’ll recognize that the hand injuries received by these officers were not unusual. While I am unaware of any meaningful studies that could prove that claim, anecdotal evidence from a lifetime of reviewing police shootings indicates hand and arm injuries are actually quite common in police gunfights, as the recent Pittsburgh experience seems to indicate

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2019
frumentius:

The patch on his backpack looks similar to US Navy Seal Team 3. And they're currently on rotation in Kenya, based in Camp Simba.
You took the words out of my mouth, i have seen Seals with the most exactly looking backpack too.I bet he has got his compatriots too. wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SmallSimba: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2019
rugged7:
OK

Understand that I'm not trying to belittle the Kenyan forces.

But still,why should the UK SAS or Israeli special forces be actively involved within the building itself?

I would understand if they were providing advisory support behind the scenes in a command and control vehicle.

What's the point of their high visibility if they are not actually involved in direct action and kinetic response?

We know from experience around the worldthatonce they are on ground,they are ALWAYS involved in direct action.

So it's hard to believethey are not involved in clearing the hotel as well.

Those folks were training with the Kenyan forces and they were together. Last time, even Ugandan troops came. The Kenyan forces have the capacity to deal with those terrorists quite well. However, there is nothing wrong with people volunteering. As you can see, there are many people who had pistols and turned up to fight. Kenyan law transforms all legal gun holders into police reservists during an attack such as this.

It is amazing how much we can achieve if we don't care who takes the credit

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SmallSimba: 7:00pm On Jan 16, 2019
ignant:

Dude, don't bullshit me. That man looks like a SF, dressed like a SF and buried himself into an active hostile situation. If he went into an active situation to reacue hostages then he was involved in direct confrontation.

Don't bullshit me.

You're arguing like a fool;. There were two special ops: an SAS and a Navy Seal 3. But they were carrying out the wounded and that kind of work. Have you seen any RECCE office or Special Operations Regiment carrying people? No, taht's the job of the white guys you've seen and the regular police and the red cross and the journalists. Even the regular police officers are in an active hostile situation

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 7:25pm On Jan 16, 2019
Too many plain clothes people with guns at a terrorist incident can be a recipe for disaster.
Anybody can be a terrorist.
A proper cordone, secure perimeter & designated assault team is key.
Well,if it works for you guys, well done.
Can you clarify for me what the weapons carrying laws are in Kenya?
Can anybody legally bear fire arms?

SmallSimba:

Those folks were training with the Kenyan forces and they were together. Last time, even Ugandan troops came. The Kenyan forces have the capacity to deal with those terrorists quite well. However, there is nothing wrong with people volunteering. As you can see, there are many people who had pistols and turned up to fight. Kenyan law transforms all legal gun holders into police reservists during an attack such as this.

It is amazing how much we can achieve if we don't care who takes the credit

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
BTR 80 with Kornet ATGM

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
C130 cockpit

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2019
Might wanna check what a wife beater shirt is, that's not it.
It's what they call a "Singlet" in Nigeria, that's a wife beater.
What you are referring to is simply called a "White T "

BruncleZuma:
What's with the white "wife beaters"...they don't look tactically appropriate.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BruncleZuma: 8:15pm On Jan 16, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Might wanna check what a wife beater shirt is, that's not it.
It's what they call a "Singlet" in Nigeria, that's a wife beater.
What you are referring to is simply called a "White T "

The quotes says leave it be and answer my inquiry.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 8:36pm On Jan 16, 2019
Nah, I ain't Kenyan, don't care about what they wear, as long as they get the job done
BruncleZuma:

The quotes says leave it be and answer my inquiry.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BruncleZuma: 8:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Nah, I ain't Kenyan, don't care about what they wear, as long as they get the job done

There you go...though I wanted a tactical reason for that bit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by claremont(m): 10:36pm On Jan 16, 2019
rugged7:
Kenyan Defense Forces praying before going into Nairobi complexwhere terrorists are holed up.

They are taking a knee to plan how to assault the enemy positions. No military prays before confronting terrorists.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 3:16am On Jan 17, 2019
ignant:
While foreign Caucasian direct operations in conflict zones in Africa are commendable, Africans must impose themselves and take care of their situations by themselves.

We can't keep spending billions after billions in training and arming the military, including special forces, and when local operations occur, we are confronted with imagery of foreign Caucasian actors playing highly visible roles. This is unacceptable.

This conveys a lack of trust on the capabilities of our special forces and also emphasizes an obvious stereotype.

Africa must learn to handle her problems.

Africans know how to use their soldiers only against civilians.lol

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:56am On Jan 17, 2019
fabselad:

Africans know how to use their soldiers only against civilians.lol

Err.....no. To my knowledge the KDF has never shot prisoners and burned their bodies like a certain Cameroonian army unit did to Ambazonian rebels last December.
And distributed the pix and vid on the net!

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 8:44am On Jan 17, 2019
kikuyu1:

Err.....no. To my knowledge the KDF has never shot prisoners and burned their bodies like a certain Cameroonian army unit did to Ambazonian rebels last December.
Some kind of people and/or statement don't need replies.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 17, 2019
Mig 29

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaV8King(m): 10:12am On Jan 17, 2019
claremont:

They are taking a knee to plan how to assault the enemy positions. No military prays before confronting terrorists.

You will be shocked what religion has done to some countries like............

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ignant: 11:46am On Jan 17, 2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 12:23pm On Jan 17, 2019
Yep. Trust the western media to embellish this.
They leave the substance of the issue in pursuit of aesthetics.

ignant:
Let me leave this here. Smh. http://www.todaysecho.com/off-duty-british-soldier-who-stormed-scene-of-kenya-terrorist-attack-commended/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 12:53pm On Jan 17, 2019
kikuyu1:

ng
lol thats why it's ambazonia.lol.rebels who refused to lay their weapons down.
secondly i was not talking about kenya but in general.lol
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 2:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
Algerian1:
Mig 29

I would really love to make love to this plane and then have lots of babies with it grin

In my view it is simply the most beautiful jet ever. A pity it took the Russians so long to turn it into the supreme masterpiece the F-16 was from the get-go. I might be having a bad day, and all I have to do is to just murmur Fulcrum or Flanker to myself and I will start smiling like I just won the lottery!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 2:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
Algerian1:
Mig 29
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 17, 2019
kikuyu1:

She was wounded but out of danger recovering in hospital.

Glad she and including others r safe.

Anyways any info released on how the fuckkkers managed to evade intel ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2019
rugged7:
Kenyan Defense Forces praying before going into Nairobi complexwhere terrorists are holed up.

What led u to the idea ? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) ... (2839) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kaplip(m), jameslojohn(m), SSBN841 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.