Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1961) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5945512 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1958) (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:43am On Nov 15, 2019
jln115:
been waiting since 2016
At at 2016 the deal wasn't really finalized.if we are experiencing such delay it may be D block 3 we are acquiring.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:47am On Nov 15, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

how come overworked commercial helicopters like bristow are not crash landing?
why is it dat when it comes to Nigeria mata e go be like say we commit crime grin why u nor ask why US 150million dollar F35 crash mm.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:10am On Nov 15, 2019

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2019
jln115:
To be fair NAF aircraft are flying alot of hours..... It would probably be more realistic to compare the number of crashes vs number of hours flown.... Rather than just counting the number of crashes in X amount of time.

Good point but then put X in relation to the number of aircraft we have in inventory. Just think about the the 5 F7 we lost in 10 years. 5 of 15 Jets translates to a alarming 33% accident rate. Note that most of F7 and helicopters the NAF flies are not older than 10years. It is not acceptable to continue as if nothing had happened.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:22am On Nov 15, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

how come overworked commercial helicopters like bristow are not crash landing?
And the Bristow helicopters are being used in rugged terrain? Expending ammos day and night?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2019
kabe1:
Truthfully, its butt ugly. But who cares grin It must succeed.

I hope NA patronizes Ara. I trust that product more

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:27am On Nov 15, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

Good point but then put X in relation to the number of aircraft we have in inventory. Just think about the the 5 F7 we lost in 10 years. 5 of 15 Jets translates to a alarming 33% accident rate. Note that most of F7 and helicopters the NAF flies are not older than 10years. It is not acceptable to continue as if nothing had happened.
Since you've limited it to just one platform. You do know our F7 has nearly similar mishap % as other users (China & Pak).
I'd be blaming the quality of the product (F7) if I were you. At least based on the first 3 crashes

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 15, 2019
Toju200:
At at 2016 the deal wasn't really finalized.if we are experiencing such delay it may be D block 3 we are acquiring.
uhm No!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 15, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

Again we should compare attrition rate to hours flown..... But yes I do understand that it does seem NAFs attrition rate is higher than the norm.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 11:53am On Nov 15, 2019
jln115:
uhm No!!
I mean come to think of it.The deal for the super mushshak was after the jf17 but it came first from the same company and the Same country.Or is it because of the type..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
Toju200:
I mean come to think of it.The deal for the super mushshak was after the jf17 but it came first from the same company and the Same country.Or is it because of the type..
come on bro..... grin grin grin grin can't compare the 2!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
jln115:
come on bro..... grin grin grin grin can't compare the 2!!
that's not enough reason why we got the super mushshak first before the jf17
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
Toju200:
bro if you want to believe you are going to get the Block 3 then be my guest..... However judging by the fact that the Block 3 hasn't even entered production yet and is still in development I can guarantee that Nigeria isn't getting it....... You can't buy something that doesn't exist yet!!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
jln115:
bro if you want to believe you are going to get the Block 3 then be my guest..... However judging by the fact that the Block 3 hasn't even entered production yet and is still in development I can guarantee that Nigeria isn't getting it....... You can't buy something that doesn't exist yet!!
see e nor concern me grin if the jf17 come we thank God.It will surely come our CAS has assured us dat
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
Incase anybody is not aware

Nigerian pilots and technicians r already in pa......
recieving training

Aslo AFAIK block 2 has been contracted for.

Block 3 is out of question since it's in development unless u want the delivery date to be extended more by 2+ years.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
Toju200:

Mushshak licence production rights from Saab is with pa........

So complete system is build inside pa......
And it's a simple aircraft with low build time.

AFAIK the mushshak deal was not on the table initially , but pa....... impressed upon naf to buy it by giving easy payment options with no need of advance payment , plus they offered to transfer paf in service mushshak as interim option which was sent to naf which were later replaced with new ones as payments in parts came through.

And this should explain ur queries

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2019
nemesis8u:
Deleted

lipsrsealed

Regarding the rivet issue i had written on it but deleted it since i felt its best to let the issue die down first so that people don't confuse all the wrong comments with my reply

So the biggest error u all guys made is by wrongly identifying the joints.

In the Ezugwu mrap picture if u notice carefully u will realise it is not rivet joint which all u guys claimed to be and based ur arguments on it, thereby nullifying all ur arguments

The joint in the mrap is bolt joint which is different from rivet joint

Body panels held by bolt joint can be removed easily when desired

But body panels held by rivet joint cannot be removed easily , it needs lot of effort and depending on the type of rivet joint be used will damage the body panel when the panel is being removed.

So coming to point

Bolt joints r used in prototype vehicles so that removal or replacement of body panels is easy since the vehicle and its parts r still in r & d phase which might require constant removal and installation due to design changes or due to constant testing.

When the vehicle is cleared for production and the production standard vehicle rolls out u will see that most of the bolt joints ( it is possible some bolt joints r retained ) have been replaced with either rivet joints or weld joints.

Also somebody said something about if a crew getting hurt due to rivets after being hit by a shell.

That happens but it is not exclusive to rivets , pieces of metal torn off from the body itself or pieces of equipments or their parts might fly off and hit the crew if hit specifically by HESH ( high explosive squash head ) shell usually fired from rifled guns only. Rifle guns r rare only challenger and Arjun uses rifled guns.

So tanks and vehicles ( if fitted with ) have what is known as a spall liner as the final layer covering the interior of the vehicle . It stops metals, rivets etc flying off from the body on the interior side on being hit by a shell.

Other pieces from equipments or their parts may may still fly off but special care is taken to ensure that they don't . it depends on luck actually.

So it should be clear now

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
nemesis8u:

Regarding the rivet issue i had written on it but deleted it since i felt its best to let the issue die down first so that people don't confuse all the wrong comments with my reply

So the biggest error u all guys made is by wrongly identity the joins

In the Ezugwu mrap picture if u notice carefully u will realise it is not rivet joint which all u guys claimed to be and based ur arguments on it, thereby nullifying all ur arguments

The joint in the mrap is bolt joint which is different from rivet joint

Body panels held by bolt joint can be removed easily when desired

But body panels held by rivet joint cannot be removed easily , it needs lot of effort and depending on the type of rivet joint be used will damage the body panel when the panel is being removed.

So coming to point

Bolt joints r used in prototype vehicles so that removal or replacement of body panels is easy since the vehicle and its parts r still in r & d phase which might require constant removal and installation due to design changes or due to constant testing.

When the vehicle is cleared for production and the production standard vehicle rolls out u will see that most of the bolt joints ( it is possible some bolt joints r retained ) have been replaced with either rivet joints or weld joints.

Also somebody said something about if a crew getting hurt due to rivets after being hit by a shell.

That happens but it is not exclusive to rivets , pieces of metal torn off from the body itself or pieces of equipments or their parts might fly off and hit the crew if hit specifically by HESH ( high explosive squash head ) shell usually fired from rifled guns only. Rifle guns r rare only challenger and Arjun uses rifled guns.

So tanks and vehicles ( if fitted with ) have what is known as a spall liner as the final layer covering the interior of the vehicle . It stops metals, rivets etc flying off from the body on the interior side on being hit by a shell.

Other pieces from equipments or their parts may may still fly off but special care is taken to ensure that they don't . it depends on luck actually.

So it should be clear now

The Ezugwu MRAP APC still has a long way to go. It is not ready for full production yet, my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2019
Toju200:
see e nor concern me grin if the jf17 come we thank God.It will surely come our CAS has assured us dat
I'm sure it will arrive eventually...... Just not the Block 3 variant
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by edon21: 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
up naija
Nigerian Armed Forces shine at international sports

nan.ng

Nov 14, 2019 12:28 PM

Nigerian Armed Forces shine at international sports

The contingent of the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) have emerged victorious in the recent international sporting events in South Africa and Republic of Guinea.

The Acting Director of Defence Information, Col. Onyema Nwachukwu, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday in Abuja.

Nwachukwu disclosed that the Nigerian military contingent emerged winners of the recently concluded Military Skills Competition in Potchefstroom, South Africa.

He added that they also clinched 3rd position at the maiden edition of the International Military Sports Council – West African Liaison Office (CISM – WALO) Boxing Championship held in Conakry, Guinea.

“In the Military Skills Competition held in South Africa, the AFN participants comprising male and female personnel from the Nigerian Army, Navy and the Airforce bagged a total of six Gold, four Silver and one Bronze medals.

“The team also carted away the award for best participating country at the event.

“During the military sporting events, the AFN emerged first, second and third positions in both the male and female categories of the 8 km combat race.

“In the Obstacle Crossing event, the team also emerged 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions, while in Combat swimming (Male category), the team took the 1st and 3rd positions, as well as 1st and 2nd positions in the female category.

“At the WALO – CISM Boxing championship in Conakry, AFN Boxing team won a total of six Silver and four bronze medals to clinched 3rd position, queuing behind Guinea and Cote D’Ivoire teams who emerged first and second positions,” he said.

Defence spokesperson said that the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin had commended the team for their outstanding performance and conduct at the international event, describing them as worthy ambassadors of the AFN and the nation.

According to him, the AFN under the current leadership had leveraged on sporting activities as a veritable tool and rallying point to foster unity and synergy among security agencies in Nigeria and the ECOWAS region.

He added that this was part of efforts to foster peace and security in Nigeria and the west African Sub region.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 10:53pm On Nov 15, 2019
SANDF

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:33am On Nov 16, 2019
nemesis8u:
Incase anybody is not aware

Nigerian pilots and technicians r already in pa......
recieving training

Aslo AFAIK block 2 has been contracted for.

Block 3 is out of question since it's in development unless u want the delivery date to be extended more by 2+ years.
any idea why just 3 of this aircraft would cost $184m?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:41am On Nov 16, 2019
giles14:
Could it be because of training for pilots and maintenance crew, bombs, infrastructure undecided undecided undecided
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:40am On Nov 16, 2019
kabe1:

Could it be because of training for pilots and maintenance crew, bombs, infrastructure undecided undecided undecided
for maintenance and infrastructure the TAC makurdi will oversee that. Naf knows better .naija the more you look the leas you see.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:48am On Nov 16, 2019
giles14:
for maintenance and infrastructure the TAC makurdi will oversee that. Naf knows better .naija the more you look the leas you see.
Are you in the military?

What are the details of similar purchases from around the world?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
kabe1:

Ezugwu MRAP APC is not bad looking. It requires further development though.

Personally I don't think the driver has enough view to look at.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2019
kabe1:

yeah I must succeed grin.What I'm waiting for now is SDB3, NAFSA Eagle aircraft,Ichoku combat drone those three projects
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
giles14:

No idea

Unless either of the parties reveal the cost breakup of the total acquisition cost it is difficult to say anything

For eg in the Tucano govt to govt deal u won't have such problems becz the price breakup of the total acquisition cost is given in details.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2019
kabe1:

looks like I'm seeing a ivm G5 at the garage there
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 11:19am On Nov 17, 2019
Nigerian Army troops rescuing civilians from Boko Haram captivity around the Mandara Mountains

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by seankafor(m): 11:21am On Nov 17, 2019
shadowprimezero:
Nigerian Army troops rescuing civilians from Boko Haram captivity around the Mandara Mountains
only God knows what these people must have been through

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
kabe1:

Drivers view pretty bad, can this thing run above 50km/h

(1) (2) (3) ... (1958) (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.