Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1973) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5935797 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1970) (1971) (1972) (1973) (1974) (1975) (1976) ... (2839) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 1:21am On Dec 09, 2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 5:00am On Dec 09, 2019
jteku:

Is there any African nation that has produce an engine from scratch

why can't they? #JustAQuestion
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mupper2: 7:58am On Dec 09, 2019
Bit off Topic, but it is in Africa grin Irish army Rangers in Mali November 2019.

I'll understand if the mods want it deleted.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 09, 2019
MiddleDimension:

cost
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 09, 2019
PrinxArthur1:
even apple import from China!!

The reason is to lower production cost.

Apple sets up its factories in China and transfers manufacturing technologies to allow production at reduced costs due to lower labour costs , taxes , environmental regulation costs etc .

Complete technology and support is from Apple.
Apple can also import from Nigeria provided they find it profitable to set up factory for the same in Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
nemesis8u:

That's a factor but not the factor .

Most cutting edge technologies are in the hands of western countries which they won't share , if one were to seek to develop one the R & D and test cycle will be close to a decade , the production cycle close to another decade . By then technology will have moved by 2 decades.

The whole process then becomes redundant , though u now have a base atleast to try to shorten the technological curve with ur own next iteration of the same.

Case of glass half empty or half full.

People underestimate the really huge range of technologies that needs decades of steady investment.

Eg adhesives , everyone knows what it is , but do u know there are mil grade adhesives , there r aerospace grade adhesives , space grade adhesives , nuclear grade adhesives, there r automobile grade adhesives used not just for sticking 2 pieces together but for use in micro nano scale components for processing .

Developing the same will require a decade with no guaranteed success in the required domains.

Point being it's not the cost only but range of other factors . One can develop the same provided one is willing to invest lot of time money effort on the same come what may , even at great loss.

Add to it other countries will try to play spoilsport all the way along
OK cost and the things you said wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
MiddleDimension:

They can't because they haven't.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 2:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
New acquisition.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 3:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
Kenyan Airforce F-5E lost a canopy on takeoff yesterday. It made a safe landing.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
shadowprimezero:
New acquisition.
any idea on what class of ship it will be?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
jln115:
Its in the pic, LST.
But looking at immediate issues I can't get why its such a pressing demand. Maybe because of the Gambian issue last time?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
New Nigerian navy ship coming may 2020

Absolute beauty of a ship

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2019

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Odunayaw:
Its in the pic, LST.
But looking at immediate issues I can't get why its such a pressing demand. Maybe because of the Gambian issue last time?
Good capacity

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
jln115:
Seems like it's the DAMEN LST 120
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jimi24: 6:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
Odunayaw:
Its in the pic, LST.

You dont see a need to move half a battalion of men and their equipment with a chopper and drop them anywhere in the Nigerian coast or west african coast? . I do.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jimi24: 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
Odunayaw:
Its in the pic, LST.

You dont see a need to move half a battalion of men and their equipment with an onboard chopper and drop them anywhere in the Nigerian coast or west african coast? . I do.
NN has even acquired the chopper for this ship if what we hear is anything to go by. Apart from a submarine, this was one of NN's most glaring capability deficiencies

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
Jimi24:

You dont see a need to move half a battalion of men and their equipment with an onboard chopper and drop them anywhere in the Nigerian coast or west african coast? . I do.
NN has even acquired the chopper for this ship if what we hear is anything to go by. Apart from a submarine, this was one of NN's most glaring capability deficiencies
Missed where I said pressing demand?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
Egyptian peacekeepers from the Special Forces in Timbuktu Mali! They are doing a great job ����

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
Odunayaw:
Its in the pic, LST.

Yes I know what a LST............maybe should of said Type or Model....but shadowprimezero at least understood the question wink

But in all honesty If i was in your shoes i wouldn't be complaining, a LST is a great asset to have.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 09, 2019

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2019
jln115:
Quite impressive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCTPSoaUtwk

Very impressive ship.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
Ezugwu MRAP costs 70 million Naira. A foreign MRAP costs between 500,000 - 1 million dollars.

The EZUGWU can withstand 12kg mine blown underneath, that's more than the Reva MRAP, CS/VP3 and Proforce ARA II can withstand.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
kabe1:

Very impressive ship.
so much one can do with a ship like this..............will be a great addition to the NN

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
jln115:
so much one can do with a ship like this..............will be a great addition to the NN
Yes.... We can invade South-Africa with it. That's a start.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
kabe1:
New Nigerian navy ship coming may 2020

Absolute beauty of a ship
shocked shocked shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
In this video Mag.Gen Ezugwu talked about the price and current numbers on ground.

You will also see the vehicles field test footage in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dqYZOTOmm4

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
kabe1:
Ezugwu MRAP costs 70 million Naira. A foreign MRAP costs between 500,000 - 1 million dollars.

The EZUGWU can withstand 12kg mine blown underneath, that's more than the Reva MRAP, CS/VP3 and Proforce ARA II can withstand.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
jln115:

Yes I know what a LST............maybe should of said Type or Model....but shadowprimezero at least understood the question wink

But in all honesty If i was in your shoes i wouldn't be complaining, a LST is a great asset to have.
Right, I perceive its the LST-120

Yeah its a great asset, I just don't understand why its coming first
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 10:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
kabe1:

The EZUGWU can withstand 12kg mine blown underneath, that's more than the ... Proforce ARA II can withstand.

Proforce ARA II has Stanag 4A and 4B which marks already the highest class of mine protection but the half baked EZUGWU even exceeds this..

Please dont believe everything this DICON guys tell, ya?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
kabe1:

Interesting, that's about $195k per vehicle. Not bad.

I don't know why I don't believe the 12kg stuff tho. What's the weight class of the Ezugwu

(1) (2) (3) ... (1970) (1971) (1972) (1973) (1974) (1975) (1976) ... (2839) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.