Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5946857 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Mulatta(m): 10:44am On May 31, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

The NAF made silly mistakes with the Jags. Am not sure but I think they should have removed and preserved the jet engines, and donate one each to AFIT and FUTO for reverse-engineering and study.
We got nothing from those jets, which shows indolence in thinking on the part of NAF top brass.
The thing is we shouldn't have bought them because we had no use for them but at least instead of just letting it waste why not Savage something out of it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Mulatta(m): 10:45am On May 31, 2020
FieldMarshall06:
Rolls Royce Turbomeca Adour jet engines in the jags.

I don't think we have any equivalent western built jet engines in the NAF today.
Imagine using does engines on a trainer
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Mulatta(m): 10:47am On May 31, 2020
kabe1:

The technology in the Jaguar is very outdated, it would be a waste of resources to do that, and there's nothing new in that aircraft that is not already open source.

The only plan I see for the Jaguar is the NAF storing them in a museum.

I don't know why many Nigerians are fixated on that aircraft, not only was it very sanctions prone, it didn't even have a radar. Who will want that in 2020? undecided undecided
Will NAF allow private companies touch them
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:47pm On May 31, 2020
kabe1:

The MIG is not similar to the Sukhoi in anyway. This is a load of rubbish.

The Sukhoi is a heavy weight air superiority fighter designed and built as a response to the F-15 eagle.

The MIG-29 is a medium weight fighter designed as a response to the F-16.
Ok wink can't remember where I said anything about specific aircraft......or mig29 vs su27....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 1:16pm On May 31, 2020
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SerikinGamo: 1:46pm On May 31, 2020
jl115:

Ok wink can't remember were I said anything about specific aircraft......or mig29 vs su27....

You've gone soft, back in the days, you'd have dragged this till the other person loses his mind.

Is it because your comrades are no longer around, or you got married or something?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 2:01pm On May 31, 2020
SerikinGamo:

You've gone soft, back in the days, you'd have dragged this till the other person loses his mind.

Is it because your comrades are no longer around, or you got married or something?
grin grin Not at all mate wink still enjoying myself on other threads....

Also Kabe1 thought I was arguing Mi29 vs Su30/27, which I wasn't, so there really isn't any argument to have!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:18pm On May 31, 2020
SerikinGamo:

grin LMAO

Jl115 and Patches had that infamous ability of dragging someone into madness grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:28pm On May 31, 2020
youghs:
Please who knows about the current status of this project
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/boko-haram-nigeria-indian-sign-mou-to-produce-ied-detectors/

No idea man.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 2:33pm On May 31, 2020
Odunayaw:
grin LMAO

Jl115 and Patches had that infamous ability of dragging someone into madness grin
hey let's not forget to mention our Nigerian counter parts Henry and Augustine!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:41pm On May 31, 2020
jl115:
hey let's not forget to mention our Nigerian counter parts Henry and Augustine!!! grin grin
August was something else. Chai

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 3:27pm On May 31, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

The NAF made silly mistakes with the Jags. Am not sure but I think they should have removed and preserved the jet engines, and donate one each to AFIT and FUTO for reverse-engineering and study.
We got nothing from those jets, which shows indolence in thinking on the part of NAF top brass.
they should first produce piston engines. jet engines are beyond any Nigerian technical school presently.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:36pm On May 31, 2020
Faithful007:
they should first produce piston engines. jet engines are beyond any Nigerian technical school presently.
NASRDA once produced a prototype jet engine....
During an EXPO.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 31, 2020
Juchii:
The USA president has said that he will order the millitary to shot at them if the looting continues. So so so unpresidential.
Democracy my foot.
They are busy talking China and democracy because of envy while they (USA) order smaller countries around like slaves.....what do we call that??..... democracy?

The sole takeaway from this is

How the whole protest thing got hijacked from the beginning.

African Americans got played big time and it only showed their vulnerability to be used a tool for a means . Vested interests will only exploit them in the future more.

Isn't it interesting the no of whites who joined the protests and then the riots . At the end of it who takes the blame ? And importantly who becomes more vulnerable to exploitation ?

Thankfully some African Americans realised it , wanted to turn it back , but they were too late and outnumbered.

In the coming days any nationalist government in any country of the world is going to face similar riots / chaos in which vested interests will target sections of the society and exploit the emotions to create chaos to serve their interests .

Soros and his liberal cahoots must be smiling big time.

He did the same 5 years back when he engineered a similar incident back home with the help of 200 American citizens of Ind... descent and elements within c.ia with the help of whatsapp and social media.

Long story short , never burn your own home . If there are problems sort it by any means possible but don't go burning your own home.

I have no problem that America got a taste of its own medicine .

Now hopefully the American nationalists will deal with the leftist power centers within their establishment who create trouble in own and importantly in other countries.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:12pm On May 31, 2020
Americans shitting in the open.

Damn savages.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 31, 2020
kabe1:
Americans shitting in the open.

Damn savages.

I am wondering who is the savage here

The one shiiting
Or
The ones enjoying the shiit show
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 31, 2020
nemesis8u:

The one shiiting
Or
Most definitely the ones enjoying the show
lipsrsealedlipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 31, 2020
H
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 4:27pm On May 31, 2020
nemesis8u:

The one shiiting
Or
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Juchii(m): 5:26pm On May 31, 2020
nemesis8u:

African Americans got played big time and it only showed their vulnerability to be used a tool for a means . Vested interests will only exploit them in the future more.

Isn't it interesting the no of whites who joined the protests and then the riots . At the end of it who takes the blame ? And importantly who becomes more vulnerable to exploitation ?

Thankfully some African Americans realised it , wanted to turn it back , but they were too late and outnumbered.

In the coming days any nationalist government in any country of the world is going to face similar riots / chaos in which vested interests will target sections of the society and exploit the emotions to create chaos to serve their interests .

He did the same 5 years back when he engineered a similar incident back home with the help of 200 American citizens of Ind... descent and elements within c.ia with the help of whatsapp and social media.

Long story short , never burn your own home . If there are problems sort it by any means possible but don't go burning your own home.

Now hopefully the American nationalists will deal with the leftist power centers within their establishment who create trouble in own and importantly in other countries.

I have thought of this.
I must admit that I am enjoying every bit of this riot. Yes... Let them know how it feels distabilizing other nation/region and leaving their citizens at the mercy of God. People having no food, no home, no clothes to wear and there are no hope in sight. ISIS selling naked women and men in an open market like in the days of slave trade. In Libya, they will tore a living human being apart and remove their organs for sell. All of this is caused by America and their evil supporters using democracy we all seem to cherish as an excuse.

Well, Riot of this type is usually caused by financial insecurities. 80% of the protesters are not actually protestering to revenge the death of a black man. They are protesting because of financial insecurities and frustration. With more than 40million out of job especially from blacks and with the country in recession, some of them have found insolence in distabilized environment. For them, It is better they live in environment of choas where they will loot shops and steal freely than staying idle with no hope of getting a job.
Many people didn't even wanted to join the protrst but they have no option than to find a way to eat which some have done through stealing.
For now every country is waiting for their own pond of flesh. I know by now China must have been monitoring the situation with an intent to cause more choas. Iran is the same, including Iraq.
Democratic party is making good use of the situation. In fact Donald Trump will definitely lose the incoming election.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Juchii(m): 5:34pm On May 31, 2020
Well, even media is the same. I post something early this morning.

How Western Media Would Cover Minneapolis If It Happened In Another Country by

By
Karen Attiah
Global Opinions editor

If we talked about what is happening in Minneapolis the same way we talk about events in a foreign country, here’s how the Western media would cover it. The quotes and those “quoted” in the piece below are fictional.

In recent years, the international community has sounded the alarm on the deteriorating political and human rights situation in the United States under the regime of Donald Trump. Now, as the country marks 100,000 deaths from the coronavirus pandemic, the former British colony finds itself in a downward spiral of ethnic violence. The fatigue and paralysis of the international community are evident in its silence, America experts say.

The country has been rocked by several viral videos depicting extrajudicial executions of black ethnic minorities by state security forces. Uprisings erupted in the northern city of Minneapolis after a video circulated online of the killing of a black man, George Floyd, after being attacked by a security force agent. Trump took to Twitter, calling black protesters “THUGS”’ and threatening to send in military force. “When the looting starts, the shooting starts!” he declared.

“Sure, we get it that black people are angry about decades of abuse and impunity,” said G. Scott Fitz, a Minnesotan and member of the white ethnic majority. “But going after a Target crosses the line. Can’t they find a more peaceful way, like kneeling in silence?”

Ethnic violence has plagued the country for generations, and decades ago it captured the attention of the world, but recently the news coverage and concern are waning as there seems to be no end in sight to the oppression. “These are ancient, inexplicable hatreds fueling these ethnic conflicts and inequality," said Andreja Dulic, a foreign correspondent whose knowledge of American English consists of a semester course in college and the occasional session on the Duolingo app. When told the United States is only several hundred years old, he shrugged and said, “In my country, we have structures still from the Roman empire. In their culture, Americans think that a 150-year-old building is ancient history.”

Britain usually takes an acute interest in the affairs of its former colony, but it has also been affected by the novel coronavirus. “We’ve seen some setbacks with the virus, but some Brits see the rising disease, staggering unemployment and violence in the States and feel as if America was never ready to govern itself properly, that it would resort to tribal politics,” said Andrew Darcy Morthington, a London-based America expert. During the interview, a news alert informed that out of the nearly 40,000 coronavirus deaths in the United Kingdom, 61 percent of the health-care workers who have died were black and or have Middle Eastern backgrounds. Morthington didn’t seem to notice. “Like I was saying, we don’t have those American racism issues here.”

Trump, a former reality-TV host, beauty pageant organizer and businessman, once called African nations “shithole countries." But he is now taking a page from African dictators who spread bogus health remedies, like Yahya Jammeh of Gambia, who claimed he could cure AIDS with bananas and herbal potions and pushed his treatments onto the population, resulting in deaths. Trump appeared to suggest injecting bleach and using sunlight to kill the coronavirus. He has also said he has taken hydroxycholoroquine, a drug derived from quinine, a long-known jungle remedy for malaria. Doctors have advised against using the treatment to prevent or treat the coronavirus.

Meanwhile, Americans desperate to flee will face steep challenges to cross borders, as mismanagement of the coronavirus and ethnic tensions in the country have made them undesirable visitors. But some struggling American retailers, like Neiman Marcus, are hoping to lure shoppers with traditional 19th-century colonial travel fantasies through neutral khakis and cargo shorts as part of a “Modern Safari” collection. “Utilitarian details & muted tones meet classic femininity,” reads a caption under the photograph of a white woman. Pith helmets were not included in the accessory lineup.
Some nations are considering offering black Americans special asylum. “Members of the white ethnic majority are forming armed militia groups, demanding their freedom to go back to work for the wealthy class who refer to workers as ‘human capital stock,’ despite the huge risk to workers,” said Mustapha Okango, a Nairobi-based anthropologist. “This is a throwback to the days when slavery was the backbone of the American economy. Black slaves were the original essential workers, and they were treated as non-human stock.”

Africa could be an ideal asylum destination, as several African countries have managed to contain the coronavirus outbreak through aggressive early measures and innovations in testing kits. Senegal, a nation of 16 million, has only seen 41 deaths. “Everyone predicted Africa would fall into chaos,” Okango said. “It is proof that being a black person in this world doesn’t kill you, but being a black person in America clearly can.” The African Union did not respond to requests for comment, but it released a statement that said “we believe in American solutions for American problems.”

Around the world, grass-roots organizations, celebrities, human rights activists and even students are doing what they can to raise money and awareness about the dire situation in America.

“It’s sad that the Americans don’t have a government that can get them coronavirus tests or even monthly checks to be able to feed their families,” said Charlotte Johnson, a 18-year-old Liberian student activist, who survived the Ebola pandemic. “100,000 people are dead, cities are burning, and the country hasn’t had a day of mourning? Lives don’t matter, especially not black lives. It’s like they’re living in a failing state.”

https://www.nairaland.com/5893798/how-western-media-cover-minneapolis#90152295

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by S400: 6:15pm On May 31, 2020
MiddleDimension:

is that the full name of your country, "People's Democratic Republic of Algeria"?

yes .

MiddleDimension:
how do you compare Mig planes with the Sukhois?

if you were to choose only one for your airforces , the sukhoi 30 would be better , but the two were designed to complement each other , you can see the couple Mig29/sukhoi 30 , like US couple F16/F15 .

Su-30 is a heavy multi-role air superiority combat fighter , with longer range , carry greater payload and fuel , a better radar detection , better technologically , avionics and systems ect......

the mig 29 is smaller with a smallest RCS , and has a better thrust/weight ratio so a better acceleration and climb rate . with the cost , its the only advantages over the sukhoi 30 .

add that algeria have only the mig 29 S version , so its only a second line fighter . i'm sur algerian air force salivate on the sukhoi 35 for the futur.

for small budgets the last MIG 35 with AESA radar would be great ! .

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 31, 2020
Juchii:

I have thought of this.
I must admit that I am enjoying every bit of this riot. Yes... Let them know how it feels distabilizing other nation/region and leaving their citizens at the mercy of God. People having no food, no home, no clothes to wear and there are no hope in sight. ISIS selling naked women and men in an open market like in the days of slave trade. In Libya, they will tore a living human being apart and remove their organs for sell. All of this is caused by America and their evil supporters using democracy we all seem to cherish as an excuse.

Well, Riot of this type is usually caused by financial insecurities. 80% of the protesters are not actually protestering to revenge the death of a black man. They are protesting because of financial insecurities and frustration. With more than 40million out of job especially from blacks and with the country in recession, some of them have found insolence in distabilized environment. For them, It is better they live in environment of choas where they will loot shops and steal freely than staying idle with no hope of getting a job.
Many people didn't even wanted to join the protrst but they have no option than to find a way to eat which some have done through stealing.
For now every country is waiting for their own pond of flesh. I know by now China must have been monitoring the situation with an intent to cause more choas. Iran is the same, including Iraq.
Democratic party is making good use of the situation. In fact Donald Trump will definitely lose the incoming election.

Ironically it's the democrats who lead almost all so called foreign interventions causing untold human misery .

Liberals and leftists r the ones who feed on the misery of the downtrodden , pretending to save them while making sure they continue to remain poor and destitute . Otherwise their vote bank will disappear .

Trump has been trying to pull away but the entenched establishment is so strong he cant do jack shiit.

If trump looses u can bet your ass , the so called foreign interventions will increase manifolds , possibly one at your own backyard.

Anyways karma is a biitch , so neither am I weeping for them

All I am saying is we must learn the lessons from the mistakes of others or suffer the same fate and then learn . Which one is better .

Don't get fixated by the incident , but rather make an effort on the lessons to be learnt .

As for china Iran , don't even mention them , it's a bad joke

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 6:48pm On May 31, 2020
nemesis8u:

Ironically it's the democrats who lead almost all so called foreign interventions causing untold human misery .

You should read a proper history book before ever commenting on issues like that again.

nemesis8u:

Trump has been trying to pull away but the entenched establishment is so strong he cant do jack shiit.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 31, 2020
Don't give a fuk to liberals leftists jihadi scums
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 31, 2020
Some take others for a fool

Syria Libyan Iraq Afghanistan invasions happened under which American regime ?

democrats

Who created and supported Islamic jehadis ?

democrats

Who asked and supported the Arabs to fan wahabism ?

democrats

Who supported dictatorial regimes around the world

democrats

One can only feed so much on the misery of others while peddling godliness

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:41pm On May 31, 2020
Hijacked by what? anyways, this is simply your opinion, if you live here and are a black man, you wouldn't be talking this trash you just spewed, I've lived here for 17yrs, and the madness of the police here is insane.,So you wouldn't be saying what you just said.
The madness of how police treat black people here is sad, blacks are being ganged up and beat up by cops for not wearing masks, while whites are out and about massing at beaches without a single cop telling them to wear mask, I've found myself at the end of such abuse, this is utter frustration, sure some might gain from it,and opportunists will use this to loot etc, but remember, looters aren't protesters, these are two different sh!t, but to say protesters are somehow being exploited like they are some remote controlled robots, no sir, this is pure anger.
Learn the history, days when cops will unleash dogs on peaceful protests, use water hoses on them etc, this has been a very long time coming.
I ran into a protest last night on my way to the bank, only 4 blocks from my house, been wondering why helicopter was buzzing ahead all day, didn't realize this sh!t was so close to me, took a few pics too and video.
Point is, this is part of US history, no protest happens in this country without some violence, it's nothing new, this is anger boiling over, I'd join that protest too if I'm into chaos, but I'm not, reality is, the whole country need a reset, to have a cop kneel on the neck of an American citizen for over 8 minutes until he died? Who the fvk wouldn't be outraged by that.
nemesis8u:

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:44pm On May 31, 2020
Now that's just sad.
nemesis8u:
Don't give a fuk to liberals leftists jihadi scums

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:46pm On May 31, 2020
Are you high today? I didn't know George Bush is or was a democrat, same George Bush who ordered troops into Afghanistan, smh

nemesis8u:

democrats

democrats

Who asked and supported the Arabs to fan wahabism ?

democrats

Who supported dictatorial regimes around the world

democrats

One can only feed so much on the misery of others while peddling godliness

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 7:52pm On May 31, 2020
nemesis8u:

George Bush Jr was a republican.

Ronald Reagan was a republican.

*lol you dont even get half of your the facts right - it would just take 2mins on wikipedia to do a fact check

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:53pm On May 31, 2020
Right? it's like his account has been hijacked, or he's drunk, either way, kind a disappointing

SuperSixSeven:

*lol you dont even get half of your the facts right - it would just take 2mins on wikipedia to do a fact check

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by S400: 7:56pm On May 31, 2020
this crazy egyptians !

According to La Repubblica newspaper, the Italian government is set up to approve soon the MEGA defense deal with Egypt that includes:

-6 Frigates including 2x confirmed FREMM Bergamini
-24 M-346 trainer jets
-24 Eurofighter Typhoon jets
-20 Falaj II OPV
-Military Satellite

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.