Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! (902 Views)

Nigeria Vows No More Vote Delays Despite New Boko Haram Threats / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
We were chatting on facebook

ME: where you are from where?

Ada (Not her real name): Anambra and u?

Me: anambra too
who are u voting for in the coming elections?

Ada: Ngige

Me: ok.
I am here to ask u to vote Soludo and not Ngige

Ada: Ngige or are u coming out too?
Ngige or are u coming out too?

Me: lol. Noooo.
I am asking u to vote for soludo

Ada: Y

Me: Soludo is a better choice!
Ngige is popular because he paid salaries and built roads, those are just basics
Soludo will make sure Anambra is industrialised

Ada: I want our rd to b build

Me: I am saying Solduo will not just built roads, he will get the state to be industrialsed
Building of roads is a small thing, just like paying salaries

Me: Soludo will build roads
and then industrialise the state
the private sector will boom
you will get job after school

Ada: How do u no?

Me: First, what do you know about Soludo?

Ada: Nothing

Me: ok
He was the Governor of the Central bank of Nigeria. He was a staff of World Bank before then.
He turned around our Banking sector. He managed Nigerian economy very well
His vision is to make Anambra become like China in terms of manufacturing and Dubai in terms of trade

[B]Ada:[/B] Wow

Me: He is a consultant on financial matters to several countries.
He is a great gift to Anambra state, let us all join hands to vote him in
What do u say?

Ada: Dats gud

Me: will join us?

Ada: Yeah

[b]Me: [/b]What can I say?
Ada, it is great meeting you. Please, there is so much work yet to be done
see this: www.facebook.com/soludon2013
like, share, and invite all ur friends to join
call ur people at home. tell them to vote Soludo
thanks and bye!

1 Like

Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
He was the Governor of the Central bank of Nigeria.
He was a staff of World Bank before then.
He turned around our Banking sector. He managed
Nigerian economy very well
Yeah and the banks had to be bailed out with billions of naira after he left

6 Likes

Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2013
Obiagelli:

You need to understand the politics of the so called bailing of banks.

Soludo's policy forced banks to merge, and some people from some sections of the country felt cheated out of banking industries.

Bank business is about giving out loans! The debts that caused the "bailing out" was owed by people like Dangote.

Please tell me, did you go the bank and you never got your money because the banks failed?

Soludo was to re-denominate the Naira such that it will become as strong as Dollar or even Pounds sterling: why was he policy dumped as soon as he left?

It was more of politics than the picture that was painted.

Join our team!
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by asha80(m): 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
noblezone: We were chatting on facebook

ME: where you are from where?

Ada (Not her real name): Anambra and u?

Me: anambra too
who are u voting for in the coming elections?

Ada: Ngige

Me: ok.
I am here to ask u to vote Soludo and not Ngige

Ada: Ngige or are u coming out too?
Ngige or are u coming out too?

Me: lol. Noooo.
I am asking u to vote for soludo

Ada: Y

Me: Soludo is a better choice!
Ngige is popular because he paid salaries and built roads, those are just basics
Soludo will make sure Anambra is industrialised

Me: I am saying Solduo will not just built roads, he will get the state to be industrialsed
Building of roads is a small thing, just like paying salaries

Me: Soludo will build roads
and then industrialise the state
the private sector will boom
you will get job after school

Ada: How do u no?

Me: First, what do you know about Soludo?

Ada: Nothing

He was the Governor of the Central bank of Nigeria. He was a staff of World Bank before then.
He turned around our Banking sector. He managed Nigerian economy very well
His vision is to make Anambra become like China in terms of manufacturing and Dubai in terms of trade

[B]Ada:[/B] Wow

Me: He is a consultant on financial matters to several countries.
He is a great gift to Anambra state, let us all join hands to vote him in
What do u say?

Ada: Dats gud

Me: will join us?

Ada: Yeah

[b]Me: [/b]What can I say?
Ada, it is great meeting you. Please, there is so much work yet to be done
see this: www.facebook.com/soludon2013
like, share, and invite all ur friends to join
call ur people at home. tell them to vote Soludo
thanks and bye!
are you sure she is a student?she sounds like a trader.she has not heard about soludo before?she wants to vote just that her road would be built?
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by ballabriggs: 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
noblezone:

Soludo's policy forced banks to merge, and some people from some sections of the country felt cheated out of banking industries.

Bank business is about giving out loans! The debts that caused the "bailing out" was owed by people like Dangote.

Please tell me, did you go the bank and you never got your money because the banks failed?

Soludo was to re-denominate the Naira such that it will become as strong as Dollar or even Pounds sterling: why was he policy dumped as soon as he left?

Join our team!

Bla bla bla, politics of bailing out banks and we had to spent trillions on naira to boost liquidity in the banks.

The banks failed because regulators went to sleep, that is the issue. No, bank business is not all about giving out loans. It is about finance and effective risk management.

Risk management was poor in those banks and they took on very toxic assets. Imagine banks having the bulk of assets in common stocks and petroleum products marketing. Where were the regulators?

1 Like

Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2013
noblezone:

Join our team!
Bro i don't do conspiracy, fact is that the banks failed and they had to be bailed out if not a lot of people would have lost their money. Can you tell me that soludu didn't know that this banks were failing? Or he just didn't have a grip on the Banking sector.

Bank business is about loans true but no without guidelines, where was soludu when those guidelines where broken and Ceos were busy enriching themselves.

How about the polymer notes scandal, do you know that people went to jail in australia. I pity anambra's funds.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
ballabriggs:

Bla bla bla, politics of bailing out banks and we had to spent trillions on naira to boost liquidity in the banks.

The banks failed because regulators went to sleep, that is the issue. No, bank business is not all about giving out loans. It is about finance and effective risk management.

Risk management was poor in those banks and they took on very toxic assets. Imagine banks having the bulk of assets in common stocks and petroleum products marketing. Where were the regulators?

What did you call them? REGULATORS!

So the directors refused to play the regulations!
greater percentage of Bank profits is from loans, but the loans are all supposed to be under proper risk management.

the liquidity boost was a lie sold to Nigerians so that the evil agenda of taking over banks scaled through.
Before the take over, there were no issues of liquidity in the banks.

Signs of liquidity includes:
1. Long queues at banks
2. Depositors not having access to their funds

None of those were happing!

That banks had bulk assets in common stocks was the headache of those at the head of those banks. If they make profit or loss, it was there cups of tea. It would be an issue only if depositors do not have access to their funds.
This was not happening.
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
Former CBN Governor
Charles Soludo
Arrested by EFCC over
role in Bank Notes
Scam

www.bellanaija.com/2013/01/11/former-cbn-governor-charles-soludo-arrested-by-efcc-over-role-in-bank-notes-scam/

1 Like

Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
Obiagelli: Former CBN Governor
Charles Soludo
Arrested by EFCC over
role in Bank Notes
Scam

www.bellanaija.com/2013/01/11/former-cbn-governor-charles-soludo-arrested-by-efcc-over-role-in-bank-notes-scam/

Oby, you can do better than this na.

Was he arraigned in court? How many years did he serve in jail?
The EFCC was investigating bank notes scam, Soludo was invited to state his own facts, he did and went home.
That report was even sensational in nature because Soludo was not "arrested", he went to the EFCC when he was invited.

Even Ngige was once invited by the EFCC.
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
noblezone:

Oby, you can do better than this na.

Was he arraigned in court? How many years did he serve in jail?
The EFCC was investigating bank notes scam, Soludo was invited to state his own facts, he did and went home.
That report was even sensational in nature because Soludo was not "arrested", he went to the EFCC when he was invited.

Even Ngige was once invited by the EFCC.
So how is soludu better than Ngige? If they have both had issues with the EFCC

Ngige performance well while he was governor hence his popularity in the state as people don't forget excellence easily. Same can't be said of soludu has his admistrative skills is quite questionable owing to the polymer scandal and failed banks.
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by dridowu: 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
Obiagelli:
thanks 4 ds
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
Obiagelli:
So how is soludu better than Ngige? If they have both had issues with the EFCC

Ngige performance well while he was governor hence his popularity in the state as people don't forget excellence easily. Same can't be said of soludu has his admistrative skills is quite questionable owing to the polymer scandal and failed banks.
Nne di nma,
there was nothing like "failed banks" under Soludo. Rather the man rescued banks by his recapitalisation policy.
Some people felt that the capitalization policy favoured some section of the country more than others.

Invitation by EFCC does not make one a criminal. There was polymer note scandal during soludo's tenure and he was invited to state his own angle. Did you here over 2 Billion Naira 1000 notes got missing from central bank during this current CBN governor? He could be called to explain what he knows.

Now, between Ngige and Soludo, Ngige is a career politician, while Ngige is a professional in economics.
Soludo's vision is to restore our great state to her lost glory (Onitsha was once the "geatest market in West Africa), he wants to model our industries after that of China.

Can he do it? Does he have the will? Does he have the skill?

His Experience: Former appointments:
Governor and Chairman of Board of Directors, Central Bank of Nigeria
Founding Chairman, Africa Finance Corporation (AFC)Chairman,
Nigeria Security Printing and Minting (NSPM) Plc.
Chief Economic Adviser to the President of Nigeria
Deputy Chairman/Chief Executive, National Planning Commission of Nigeria
Consultant to 18 International Organisations

His Experience: Current appointments:
Member, Chief Economist Advisory Council (CEAC), The World Bank, Washington DC
Member, External Advisory Group, IMF Triennial Surveillance Review
Member, Commission of Experts of the United Nations on Reforming the Global Financial and Monetary System
Member, Board of Directors, The South Centre, Geneva – Intergovernmental Organization of 51 Developing countries including China, India, Brazil, Malaysia, Nigeria, etc.
Chairman, Board of Directors, African Institute for Applied Economics (AIAE).
Chairman/Member of Boards of Several Private Companies
Consultant and Strategic Adviser to Institutional Investors and International Organizations
Member, Advisory Board of the Initiative for Policy Dialogue, University of Columbia, USA
Member, Technical Advisory Group, Natural Resource Charter, UK.
Professor of Economics, University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Executive Director, African Institute for Applied Economics.

Let us not miss this opportunity.
Ngige is a good man, but when the likes of Soludo comes out to contest, Ngige should pipe low.
I still respect Ngige, but then Soludo is a better choice.

Nne, join our team!
www.facebook.com/soludon2013
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by dridowu: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hmmmmmmm, i hope u will follow Ada to the polling booth if not she may change her mind by voting ur candidate out
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
noblezone:
Nne di nma,
there was nothing like "failed banks" under Soludo. Rather the man rescued banks by his recapitalisation policy.
Some people felt that the capitalization policy favoured some section of the country more than others.

Invitation by EFCC does not make one a criminal. There was polymer note scandal during soludo's tenure and he was invited to state his own angle. Did you here over 2 Billion Naira 1000 notes got missing from central bank during this current CBN governor? He could be called to explain what he knows.

Now, between Ngige and Soludo, Ngige is a career politician, while Ngige is a professional in economics.
Soludo's vision is to restore our great state to her lost glory (Onitsha was once the "geatest market in West Africa), he wants to model our industries after that of China.

Can he do it? Does he have the will? Does he have the skill?

His Experience: Former appointments:
Governor and Chairman of Board of Directors, Central Bank of Nigeria
Founding Chairman, Africa Finance Corporation (AFC)Chairman,
Nigeria Security Printing and Minting (NSPM) Plc.
Chief Economic Adviser to the President of Nigeria
Deputy Chairman/Chief Executive, National Planning Commission of Nigeria
Consultant to 18 International Organisations

His Experience: Current appointments:
Member, Chief Economist Advisory Council (CEAC), The World Bank, Washington DC
Member, External Advisory Group, IMF Triennial Surveillance Review
Member, Commission of Experts of the United Nations on Reforming the Global Financial and Monetary System
Member, Board of Directors, The South Centre, Geneva – Intergovernmental Organization of 51 Developing countries including China, India, Brazil, Malaysia, Nigeria, etc.
Chairman, Board of Directors, African Institute for Applied Economics (AIAE).
Chairman/Member of Boards of Several Private Companies
Consultant and Strategic Adviser to Institutional Investors and International Organizations
Member, Advisory Board of the Initiative for Policy Dialogue, University of Columbia, USA
Member, Technical Advisory Group, Natural Resource Charter, UK.
Professor of Economics, University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Executive Director, African Institute for Applied Economics.

Let us not miss this opportunity.
Ngige is a good man, but when the likes of Soludo comes out to contest, Ngige should pipe low.
I still respect Ngige, but then Soludo is a better choice.

Nne, join our team!
www.facebook.com/soludon2013

I admire your decent debate but i would insist that Ngige is also a professional and though soludu's credentials is intimadating, it does not translate effectiveness. the fact that some people were jailed for giving bribe in australia for the polymer scandal show their is more to that story.

I would only say lets wait and see.
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
Obiagelli:
I admire your decent debate but i would insist that Ngige is also a professional and though soludu's credentials is intimadating, it does not translate effectiveness. the fact that some people were jailed for giving bribe in australia for the polymer scandal show their is more to that story.

It does translate to effectiveness dear. The appointments upon appointments shows a man that is capable, who knows his job.

Of course, there was bribe on the polymer note, but the question is: did Soludo participate?
The man is consulting on money matters to countries and international organization. So how much bribe would make him to dent his global image?

Ngige is a professional, but in terms of economy, management, administration, et, Solduo is The Professional.

Nne di nma, don't just wait and see, join us now!
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by enyice(m): 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
Obiagelli:

Your point might be valid but i sincerely doubt his involvements in the polymer scandal.

Take another look at his credentials and you'd realise he's got affliations with international organizations hence, you shouldnt be swayed by spurious allegations such as that polymer scandal because its obvious those organizations wouldnt want to be associated with persons of fraudulent characters.
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
enyice:

Your point might be valid but i sincerely doubt his involvements in the polymer scandal.

Take another look at his credentials and you'd realise he's got affliations with international organizations hence, you shouldnt be swayed by spurious allegations such as that polymer scandal because its obvious those organizations wouldnt want to be associated with persons of fraudulent characters.
Exactly.
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Zonacom(m): 11:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
Honestly i have been trying my best since i joined nairaland to avoid joining issues with anyone. But this obiageLLi boy(abi na girl sef) is damn annoying.
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2013
Zona.com:
Honestly i have been trying my best since i joined nairaland to avoid joining issues with anyone. But this obiageLLi boy(abi na girl sef) is damn annoying.
it is "he" not she
he is a yoruba
if you doubt me, try to engage him in igbo and see him fall flat
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by lotannam: 1:10am On Aug 07, 2013
All hands should be on deck to ensure that prof Soludo is elected the next governor. We cannot afford to fail
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 5:32am On Aug 07, 2013
Zona.com:
Very funny, LL Smh, have you asked yourself if the single L has been registered
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 07, 2013
re@lchange:

it is "he" not she
he is a yoruba
if you doubt me, try to engage him in igbo and see him fall flat
Grown men falling flat in a simple debate only to start bickering.
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
Obiagelli:
Grown men falling flat in a simple debate only to start bickering.

Ada Bekee, jokes apart, you got debating skillz.
May be you should be considering National Assembly in the future.

Yet back to the issue, join our team: soludon2013.
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
noblezone:

Ada Bekee, jokes apart, you got debating skillz.
May be you should be considering National Assembly in the future.

Yet back to the issue, join our team: soludon2013.
Thanks. Lets see how things unfold, i would rather have soludu than anything uba, though i still prefer Ngige. Lets keep the campaign up and show the rest of Nigeria what elections should be
Re: How I Got One More Vote For Soludo! by ballabriggs: 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
noblezone:

What did you call them? REGULATORS!

So the directors refused to play the regulations!
greater percentage of Bank profits is from loans, but the loans are all supposed to be under proper risk management.

the liquidity boost was a lie sold to Nigerians so that the evil agenda of taking over banks scaled through.
Before the take over, there were no issues of liquidity in the banks.

Signs of liquidity includes:
1. Long queues at banks
2. Depositors not having access to their funds

None of those were happing!

That banks had bulk assets in common stocks was the headache of those at the head of those banks. If they make profit or loss, it was there cups of tea. It would be an issue only if depositors do not have access to their funds.
This was not happening.

You expose your ignorance again. Firstly, signs of illiquidity and not liquidity. Long queues at banks and depositors not having access to their funds is a pedestrian approach and a layman's approach to determining illiquidity. You can run on unsustainable credit sources to maintain liquidity which was what those banks did. However, it is akin to pushing dooms day forward as the bubble will ultimately burst.

You determine liquidity by carrying out volatility tests, you value assets using appropriate models and you can thus determine liquidity. It is a technical process and not that your idea of long queues at banks. When Northern rock went down, even till it got nationalised, people were still able to collect their money. There were no long queues at Northern Rock but its assets had been significantly written down.

The last part of your argument even further confirms your ignorance on what Central Banking is all about. So banks can hold any asset, it is not the Central Banks business? grin grin grin grin grin . Like say you think say Central Banking na your esusu grin grin grin grin

The signs were there early enough but the CBN headed by Soludo went to sleep.

(1) (Reply)

Police Raid Lawmaker’s House, Arrest 26 Suspected Cultists / Nigerian Troops Kill Boko Haram Second In Command, Abu Saad – JTF / The Hausa Fulani Must Listen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.