Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

The Unemployed Social Scientists In Nigeria: What Should They Do - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Unemployed Social Scientists In Nigeria: What Should They Do (746 Views)

Job opportunities 4 Medical Laboratory Scientists in nigeria / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unemployed Social Scientists In Nigeria: What Should They Do by SME1: 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
It has become quite normal that students who study the social science courses like Psychology, Sociology, Demography, Geography are regarded as unserious and less likely to get a good job after spending 4years of their lives in the university. Not everyone realizes the importance of these people in the society and how they can be effective in changing the industrial world by working with various individuals in the workplace. Is it because of the stench unemployment has caused us in this country and then they decide to ignore the outright courses therefore making other courses look like the hot ones needed in the industry. Left to me, every course is special, tasking and important in it's required field. The question is this? Is there any hope for the social scientists who are still undergraduates and where can they actually fit in to be satisfied that a 4yr course can turn to something he can choose a career from?
Re: The Unemployed Social Scientists In Nigeria: What Should They Do by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
University students may perceive those courses as 'unserious', but in the real world, I'm quite sure that the case is different. Based on several 'Graduate' job vacancies that I've seen, I can say that a fair share of companies (particularly multinationals) ask that candidates have a good degree in 'any University course'. I encourage you to search for a few 'Graduate' jobs, and see what you come up with. These days, companies are more concerned about the 'quality' of the candidates than any other factor, because they already have it in their plans to train whoever it is that they hire.

1 Like

Re: The Unemployed Social Scientists In Nigeria: What Should They Do by DaddyDey: 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
FIDTECH GLOBAL Ventures
Empowerment /Skills Development /Business Consult Unit
Offers - Friendly-in-Person Entrepreneurial /Life Style Coaching.
For - Unemployed Graduates and Would-be Entrepreneurs
Purpose - Moving you from state of job seeker to employer in a very short time.
Topic - Employment generation Strategies
(a) How to leverage on existing businesses and set up yours i.e. Become an employer in shortest possible time. No factory setup, no NAFDAC product Registration fee, no over head costs; just Knowledge and you smile to Bank-the lazy man’s way.
(b) How to spot business opportunity and take advantage of it.”Aka If you can see it you have it”.
(c) Legitimate businesses you can start with little or no capital.
(d) How to add value to your certificate and become an employer “In three months “GUARANTEED.
(e) INTERNET RESOURCES/TRAINING
I. Taking your business to the Net-website creation-for online presence-for schools, churches, individuals and organizations.
II. Face book-online product /Biz adverts.
III. How to start mini importation business in Nigeria from the comfort of your home “Step By Step Guide”
IV. Buy for me service, Brand New computers, Laptops, Executive Handsets, PC tablets etc at wholesale Prices.
FOR ENQIRIES/ FREE REPORT INFO:
Text-Job Creation =Name=GSM=Location=Email=to
07033703473 OR
Email:fidtechinfo@gmail.com
Re: The Unemployed Social Scientists In Nigeria: What Should They Do by ecolime(m): 7:30am On Aug 08, 2013
Most organisations hardly ask for your discipline during their recruitment these days unless it's strictly a technical role. It's not about your discipline, but what you have in you and God's favour. For the current undergraduates, self development and graduating with a good grade should be your main priorities for now.
Re: The Unemployed Social Scientists In Nigeria: What Should They Do by DisGuy: 11:38am On Aug 08, 2013
sociologist and psycologist should be firing off articles to newspaper and magazines-

HR would be a suitable option for most of them
Re: The Unemployed Social Scientists In Nigeria: What Should They Do by udotynk: 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2013
Judge not so that ye not be judge

(1) (Reply)

7 Kick-ass Tips To Get Quicker Promotion At Work / Quickbooks Pos Software Is Now In Stock / How To Win Scholarship Opportunity To Study In UK, Italy Or Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.