Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara (8453 Views)

Fayose Dresses As Bishop In Jerusalem For The Christian Pilgrimage (Photos) / Sani Abacha's Grandchildren In Mecca For The Holy Pilgrimage / President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Tolexander: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan will participate in the 2013 Christian Pilgrimage to Israel.

The Executive Secretary, Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission (NCPC), Mr John Kenndy-Okpara, said this when he visited Gov. Umaru Al-Makura of Nasarawa State in Lafia on Wednesday.

Kennedy-Okpara said this was the first time a sitting Nigeria President would be participating in a Christian pilgrimage to the Holy land.
He said the president had requested that pilgrims from Nasarawa State should accompany him considering the proximity of the state to the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

The executive secretary said allocation had been given for the state government to sponsor 350 pilgrims from Nasarawa to accompany the president on the journey.

Kennedy-Okpara said the Federal Government had subsidised the exchange rates per dollar to N146 for all intending pilgrims (both Christians and Muslims) for this year’s pilgrimage.

He explained that intending Christian Pilgrims to Israel would enjoy 12 per cent reduction, while those going to Israel, Rome and Greece would have 20 per cent reduction.

According to him, the reduction is to enable pilgrims, who are spiritually-rich but materially-poor, to be able to embark on the trip.

“Pilgrimage is a tool for moral and spiritual transformation, and not a jamboree as erroneously perceived,’’ he said.

He, therefore, called on churches, corporate organisations and wealthy individuals to sponsor people on pilgrimages with the view to transform the society at the long run.

The executive secretary, who was in the state to sensitise Christians on the 2013 Christian pilgrimage, appealed to the state government to support to the state Christian pilgrims welfare board.

He requested for a permanent office accommodation and vehicle for the board.

Responding, Al-Makura commended past Christian pilgrims for making Nasarawa State proud through their exemplary conduct.

He maintained that his administration accord premium to religious harmony and would continue to promote such virtue.

Al-Makura said his government was poised to carry everyone along, thus the appointment of 10 Christians and seven Muslim commissioners in his cabinet.

He said apart from increasing the number of government sponsored-Christian pilgrims, the state government would also support them with robust packages to ensure a hitch-free exercise.

The governor also granted the request of the executive secretary by approving that a brand new vehicle be given to the state Christian Welfare Board.

Al-Makura also promised that land would be allocated for the building of the permanent site after Sallah. (NAN)

source
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Ngwakwe: 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2013
This ASUU strike should just be resolve to see if man can enjoy presidential entourage to the Mossad base.
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Tolexander: 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
The executive secretary said
allocation had been given
for the
state government to
sponsor
350 pilgrims from Nasarawa
to
accompany the president on
the
journey.
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by homesteady(m): 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
Let him go and refresh his goodluck! grin

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by antartica(m): 8:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
He is going to waste Hard earned resources that are needed for infrastructural developments and job creation in isreal deluding.

Blackman,black brain.Woe betide you muderfuckers for choosing to remain adamantly ignorant in the face of knowledge.

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by mooregan(m): 11:04pm On Aug 07, 2013
antartica: He is going to waste Hard earned resources that are needed for infrastructural developments and job creation in isreal deluding.

Blackman,black brain.Woe betide you muderfuckers for choosing to remain adamantly ignorant in the face of knowledge.
When yar'adua was president, he went to mecca. So y is GEJ going to Israel a big deal??

26 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Lilnikee(m): 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by emmanuel4758(m): 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
okey nah we don hear make he great moses for me

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by mmmustapha(m): 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
Wish him safe trip and successful pilgrimage

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by abu12: 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
And what is the benefit of going to Israel? Or been the first sitting president to go on tourism in Israel make a better Christian than OBJ? This is religion colonialism.
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
If Yar Adua go Mecca during his time...give me one cogent and verifiable reason why Good luck no go go Jerusalem?

Bros Jona abeg bring me Black Stone and Mustard Seed when u dey come back

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Dygeasy(m): 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
mooregan:
When yar'adua was president, he went to mecca. So y is GEJ going to Israel a big deal??
Its Not As If The Dude Was Happy When Yar'Adua Went To Mecca.
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Dygeasy(m): 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
mooregan:
Its Not As If The Dude Was Happy When Yar'Adua Went To Mecca. So Chill...
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by eagleeye2: 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
Coup thingz on my mind.....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Vanityupnvanity(m): 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
@ abu12: dont b sentimental ma friend, xtians go 2 jerusalem (israel) 4 pilgrimage just as muslims & late yar‘adua goes(use 2 go) 2 s/arabia.
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by vocalprince(m): 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
Safe journey. Plz dnt 4get to off your shoes when you get to the "HOLY GROUND".

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by psalmdave(m): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
Any thing he does..pple will still talk bad of him,dats d characteristics of God's blessin...abeg go cum my presido at d top,me dey behind u..

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by plaetton: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2013
Useless Africans. A president going on a pilgrimage to another country just to shore up the stone age myths of another nation.
Which leader of a civilized nation has ever committed so national embarrassment to his people?

What is wrong with the African brain? What type of lobotomy did they perform on us that is being passed on from one generation to the next?
When will the African brain ever be liberated?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Rawpidgin(m): 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2013
that money wen dem won take sponsor people go don reach 4 man to open one small business o
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Vanityupnvanity(m): 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
Make sure that an ombatse member is not in mr presido entourage oooohhhh.
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Bigcake: 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
vocalprince: Safe journey. Plz dnt 4get to off your shoes when you get to the "HOLY GROUND".
But u knw he once had no shoes
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by tuagbo: 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
I still don't know when these simple-minded,brain-washed black Africans will realize that the "chosen land" isn't in Israel or Saudi arabia BUT in Africa itself(where humankind and civilization began)

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by femialiu(m): 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
I may be wrong though, but I'm beginning to see GEJ playing on our sentiments again just like he did in 2011... first he came to Lagos to commiserate with BRF on his father's death... and now travelling with nasarawa Christians to isreal ...both Lagos and Nasarawa are opposition party.... he knows what appeals to us and he is beginning to use it... I won't be surprised if he shows up in redeem camp tomorrow....

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Vanityupnvanity(m): 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2013
Haba oga plaeton, there isn‘t anything as what you‘re trying to propagate. Pilgrimage is part of the activities of human race ever since the creation of the universe. Are you saying all this because gej is going for pilgrimage? Come ma friend,get your logic corrected................ No offence intended abeg.
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by untainted: 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2013
plaetton: Useless Africans. A president going on a pilgrimage to another country just to shore up the stone age myths of another nation.
Which leader of a civilized nation has ever committed so national embarrassment to his people?

What is wrong with the African brain? What type of lobotomy did they perform on us that is being passed on from one generation to the next?
When will the African brain ever be liberated?
Why are you so bitter? People choose to believe whatever they want and you are here dying for nothing.
Most of the black people who believe in God or Jesus are more intelligent than you but still made their choice.
Haba? Live and let live!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Prince0500(m): 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
But u knw he once had no shoes[/quote]I dey gbadun nairaland no be small,guy u too dey oh
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by greall1: 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by goshen26: 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
[/color][color=#000099]pls oga jona, me too want accompany you, for me to have my name added with JP. Anyway, if i did not go now, wen i get to the post of presido like you, i will go too. Lol [color=#000099]pls oga jona, me too want accompany you, for me to have my name added with JP. Anyway, if i did not go now, wen i get to the post of presido like you, i will go too. Lol [/color][color=#000099][/color]pls oga jona, me too want accompany you, for me to have my name added with JP. Anyway, if i did not go now, wen i get to the post of presido like you, i will go too. Lol
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by deadie(m): 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
mooregan:

It is a big deal that Yar'Adua went to Mecca. It is also a big deal that GEJ is going to Israel (if it is true). Do you know how much is wasted on this jamboree called pilgrimage (with no influence on their rotten conscience) yearly while people starve? I am really sad to read when Nigerians support this kind of waste when people are roaming the streets, jobless. Pilgrimage should never be sponsored in any way by the government. People like you are the problem that Nigeria has. That is Mumudom for you.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by free2ryhme: 1:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
Tolexander:

source

if e like make e go mars

e no concern me grin

how e take affect the amount of money wey senate dey thief
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
Free am jooor,, oga @ d top jona go refresh your anointing for 2015 jare
Re: Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2013
Tolexander(m): Quote Post
President Goodluck
Jonathan will participate in
the 2013 Christian
Pilgrimage to Israel.
The Executive Secretary,
Nigeria Christian Pilgrims
Commission (NCPC), Mr John
Kenndy-Okpara, said this
when he visited Gov. Umaru
Al-Makura of Nasarawa State
in Lafia on Wednesday.
Kennedy-Okpara said this
was the first time a sitting
Nigeria President would be
participating in a Christian
pilgrimage to the Holy land.
He said the president had
requested that pilgrims
from Nasarawa State should
accompany him considering
the proximity of the state to
the Federal Capital Territory
(FCT).
The executive secretary said
allocation had been given
for the state government to
sponsor 350 pilgrims from
Nasarawa to accompany the
president on the journey.
Kennedy-Okpara said the
Federal Government had
subsidised the exchange
rates per dollar to N146 for
all intending pilgrims (both
Christians and Muslims) for
this year’s pilgrimage.
He explained that intending
Christian Pilgrims to Israel
would enjoy 12 per cent
reduction, while those
going to Israel, Rome and
Greece would have 20 per
cent reduction.
According to him, the
reduction is to enable
pilgrims, who are spiritually-
rich but materially-poor, to
be able to embark on the
trip.
“Pilgrimage is a tool for
moral and spiritual
transformation, and not a
jamboree as erroneously
perceived,’’ he said.
He, therefore, called on
churches, corporate
organisations and wealthy
individuals to sponsor
people on pilgrimages with
the view to transform the
society at the long run.
The executive secretary,
who was in the state to
sensitise Christians on the
2013 Christian pilgrimage,
appealed to the state
government to support to
the state Christian pilgrims
welfare board.
He requested for a
permanent office
accommodation and vehicle
for the board.
Responding, Al-Makura
commended past Christian
pilgrims for making
Nasarawa State proud
through their exemplary
conduct.
He maintained that his
administration accord
premium to religious
harmony and would
continue to promote such
virtue.
Al-Makura said his
government was poised to
carry everyone along, thus
the appointment of 10
Christians and seven Muslim
commissioners in his
cabinet.
He said apart from
increasing the number of
government sponsored-
Christian pilgrims, the state
government would also
support them with robust
packages to ensure a hitch-
free exercise.
The governor also granted
the request of the executive
secretary by approving that
a brand new vehicle be
given to the state Christian
Welfare Board.
Al-Makura also promised
that land would be allocated
for the building of the
permanent site after Sallah.
(NAN) alright

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki To Declare Public Hearing On Petroleum Bill / 2019 Elections Is Defining Year For Nigeria - Jennifer Douglas-abubakar / Osun 2nd Anniversary: We Have Entrenched Regular Payment Of Full Salary - Alabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.