Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? (3160 Views)

'white Garment' Prophet Dies While Having Sex With Church Member's Wife / Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon / Apostle Johnson Suleman Of Omega Fire Ministries Is A Spiritualist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by Christino(m): 10:14am On May 28, 2006
I.M.O.P.,
I won't condemn anyone for visiting either party, but I'd rather pray to God on my own.
Sometimes, you go through so much that you tend to believe that God is no longer or won't answer your prayers and then you need help, so you opt for a "powerful" person to pray for you.

Whether this solves your problems or adds to it afterwards, and whether you loose cash or were stripped naked, flogged, danced, sea or river "bathe", killed or bought ritual materials, is a personal matter (you may or may not disclose your reason for saying Yes or No)

Some believe in their Pastor, Alfa, or Babalawo while some go to them for prayers and some for "more" prayers which end up in memorable (though not always pleasant) experiences.

It is not wrong neither can I say it is right, but whatever you choose to say, please be honest, no name - calling.
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by mlksbaby(f): 4:39pm On May 28, 2006
Christino:

Whether this solves your problems or adds to it afterwards, and whether you loose cash or were stripped naked, flogged, danced, sea or river "bathe", killed or bought ritual materials, is a personal matter (you may or may not disclose your reason for saying Yes or No)

I'm sorry to rock the boat, but I'll try not to throw anyone overboard in the process. The elements listed above certainly show that something is suspect behind the scenes. If a person is seeking God in truth, there'd be no reason to go searching in the wrong places or by the wrong means. The babalawos defintely have their own operating powers; and I haven't heard of, or seen, a "Christian babalawo" until now - that is, one who actually is a Spirit-filled committed believer in Jesus Christ and at the same time consults with something antithetical to the fundamental confessions of Christianity.

The basic question is, "Who is behind the scenes?" To put it in another way: "What power is operating in the solution?"

Christino:

It is not wrong neither can I say it is right, but whatever you choose to say, please be honest, no name - calling.

Honestly, without calling names, one can't sit on the fence. In Christ Jesus, one is either here or there - not midway or on both sides. For others, it may be just alright to visit such spots (not that I'm endorsing it) if they feel that's the way out of their dilemmas. However, in the Lord's eyes, one is either for God or he/she is not - "No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." (Luke 16:13).
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by silans(m): 9:05am On May 29, 2006
Every body & things were created by God, so the Herbalist are not excluded, the Bible made us to understand that even the herbs which the herbalist uses, are also made by God, so i see no reason why people should go seeking for healing from babalawo and so on. cool
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by edatika(m): 8:37am On Jun 09, 2006
all things are created by God, right

but we need to be careful about whom we seek help from.
cos at times what one pays back in return may be worse off.

some Babalawos are even better that some so-called pastors (whom we dont know the true source of their powers.

there's a misconception that Babalawos are demonic, (not all of them).

., i'm not one o, i'm a christian who just has an open mind towards all religion,

my answer to this is that individuals shd seek for their own direct link to God and u'll b surprised how things will work for you, most of us make our pastors almost equal to God.
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by Christino(m): 11:35am On Jun 09, 2006
Word man, Word.
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by denobleman(m): 11:52am On Jun 10, 2006
I am not dissappointed to see someone going by the id 'christiano' post such a thread,afterall the holy scriptures as well other sacred writtings warned thousands of years ago of the dangers of feeding on the table of the lord and on the table of devil.
My dear,to be frank with you what you do not get from GOD in your church from among from your brethren you cannot get from any other place.
May be I should ask where in the holy scripture did God or Christ tell us to visit or go to bath,wash or pray at the sea sides,bushes or grave yards.Going thru all the bible that I have gone thru I've never seen such neither have I heard any catholic priest preach(yes I'm a catholic)
Finally,just know that it's not only wrong to consult a spiritualist for whatever reason.It's also a sin against the Holy Spirit.If you're intending to or have been to,please REPENT of such and seek GOD now before it's too late.
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by Christino(m): 11:22am On Jun 12, 2006
Thanks Mr. Noble. I'm posting the thread without bias - i'm not a hypocrite and I know what "pastors" do. I respect your opinion, you are always welcome, anytime.
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by jagunlabi(m): 11:28am On Jun 12, 2006
And who determines what is wrong and what is right? cool
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by edatika(m): 10:37am On Jun 19, 2006
who else but God himself.
leave Him let him judge
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by denobleman(m): 8:45am On Jun 20, 2006
A quick collection Here.It's true that the holy scripture said,"Do not Judge that though may nt be Judged",That same Bible also said these:
1."the believers in christ are going to judge the earth"
2."I have made a watch man over the house of Isreal"
3."If I tell you to go tell a sinner to desist from from his evil ways and you did not and he died in in sin I will hold you responsible for his death"

We have to be careful the way we read the scriptures,we should endeavour to to have a balanced understanding of the bible.
God said do not judge but He has given you and I the power to know what is evil and good.Also He enjoined us to tell a sinner His sins or his sins/death will be on us.God have mercy on us all for shying away from such a responsibility.
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 11, 2008
i wont be polite with words here, but i condemn all those guys in their entierty.if you belong, am sorry! cool
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by chistiana(f): 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2008
nhh, what a dump Q
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2008
@POST
S.B.S.

simple: yes. There's only one God. if you Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo, you're worshipping a man-mad god. the devil's servant.

but then, it's just my opinion. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by dafidixone(m): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2008
Every body & things were created by God, so the Herbalist are not excluded, the Bible made us to understand that even the herbs which the herbalist uses, are also made by God, so i see no reason why people should go seeking for healing from babalawo and so on.

Because God created the devil we should seek help from him? God created the forbiding fruit and He warned us not to eat of it. grin grin grin Obedient is better than Sacrifice. shocked
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by dafidixone(m): 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2008
who else but God himself.
leave Him let him judge

The bible is the word of God, it is also the Judgement, don't be caught on aware grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by bolataiwo(m): 2:04pm On Jan 14, 2008
God is everywhere also He is not too far from us but we human beings are far from Him.He wish that we comune with Him daily but people want fast miracle
Re: Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? by poweredcom(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2011
why wont i consult a babalawo, is christainity our origin,
dont mid dem as long as you dont use it for bad or evil purposes, even in church people still do evil things inside, so who holy pass, GOD IS EVERYWHERE, dont be fooled even all these pastors consult babalawo also, bleep all of dem jare

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Opinion About Hell? / Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! / Scientific Errors In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.