Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,547 members, 7,801,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail (15296 Views)

Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund / Metuh Issues First Statement Since His Release From Prison / Pro-biafrans March For Nnamdi Kanu And James Ibori's Release - IBTimes UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by deandavid(m): 1:31am On Aug 08, 2013
FG urged to facilitate Ibori’s release from London jail

on August 08, 2013 / in News 1:20 am / Comments

OGHARA—MORE than one year after former Delta State governor, Chief James Ibori, was convicted by a London court, his kinsmen and key political stakeholders in Delta State have called on the Federal Government to facilitate his release and subsequent return to Nigeria, describing him as an epitome of infrastructural and human capital development in the state.

Niger Delta activist and Warri chief, Ayirimi Emami, who was among stakeholders that spoke to newsmen in Oghara, the country home of Chief Ibori, shortly after a novelty football match organised to celebrate the former governor’s 55th birthday, described his travail as political, adding that Ibori developed the youths, roads and other infrastructure to better the lots of Deltans.

Chief Emami, Chairman of Itsekiri Regional Development Committee, IRDC, said: “Despite being in prison, if Ibori happens to contest election now, he will win because he is a man of the people.”

Delta State Commissioner for Transport, Mr. Ben Igbakpa, an aide to Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan, Faith Majemite, a member on the board of the Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission, DESOPADEC, Mr. Henry Ofa and other top political office holders in Delta State, who also bared their minds described the huge turn-out of people at the novelty football match played at the Oghara township stadium between Ibori United of Oghara and Ibori United of Warri as a testament of the ex governor’s popularity and developmental strides while he was in the saddle as Delta State chief executive.

An Oghara indigene, Simon Otobo opined that the Urhobo, who prayed for Ibori’s arrest were now regretting doing so because of the political gulf his absence was causing the Urhobo nation and pleaded for leniency on the part of the Nigerian and British governments.

An elderly woman and a commercial motorcycle rider, Omoko Rose and Edafewogho Ekawhen, respectively, commended the former governor for developing Oghara in Ethiope West Local Government Area of the state and appealed to the Federal Government to work towards Ibori’s release, noting that it would help stabilise the polity.

Delta State Commissioner for Transport, Mr. Ben Igbakpa, an aide to Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan, Faith Majemite, a member in the board of the Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission, DESOPADEC, Mr. Henry Ofa and other top political office holders in Delta State, who also bared their minds described the huge turn-out of people at the novelty football match played at the Oghara township stadium between Ibori United of Oghara and Ibori United of Warri as a testament of the ex governor’s popularity and developmental strides while he was in the saddle as Delta State chief executive.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/fg-urged-to-facilitate-iboris-release-from-london-jail/#sthash.zBvrkGwd.dpuf
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by deandavid(m): 1:34am On Aug 08, 2013
When i hear comments like this, i begin to wonder if these politicians are really our problem or rather the masses

46 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by lymelyte(m): 3:22am On Aug 08, 2013
Mehn,majority of the citizens of this nation get big problem sha..

9 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by phillippiano(m): 5:25am On Aug 08, 2013
Facilitate the release of a criminal or wetin i hear.... Smh for naija.

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by raytony: 6:56am On Aug 08, 2013
Brethrens, I am in tears.

6 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:37am On Aug 08, 2013
The GEJ agenda following the suit of TB joshua is truth. This Niger delta man is selling us into another slavery

3 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Majikals(m): 7:38am On Aug 08, 2013
Confirmed.....We are still very far from d land promised land

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by kundul: 7:39am On Aug 08, 2013
Wt a shame honestly, so dt u guys can benefit 4rm d left overs I guess. I weep 4 dis country

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 08, 2013
Class is only a social status that can be altered by anything at any time.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by ayodeji752: 7:41am On Aug 08, 2013
Nigeria is doomed. I nid to get out of dis country as soon as possible

2 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by antiembezzle: 7:41am On Aug 08, 2013
Sahara reporters predicted the release of james ibori shortly after al mustapha's release. According to them, T. B joshua had told GEJ that with the release of the duo he is sure of his 2015 ambition. We are watching..

4 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Suc4live(m): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2013
abeg release am jare! Wetin him do sef? Na only him be thief for dis con3? Infact, gej do a swap deal wit a british prisoner here...#pardon#

4 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Bryancrox(m): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2013
Charity begins @home,every citizen of dis country is corrupt

2 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Petraman(m): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2013
I'm not surprised to hear this news cos d revelation has been preached some weeks ago on this same site by d political, sports, and spiritual prophet (Prophet T. B. Joshua). Let's just watch hw d game will be played.

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by greatestman(m): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2013
we masses contribute 90% of things the befall us I can't imagine someone that have been convicted of a crime that is of national disgrace but yet the masses want him to be out. later he become one of the senators looting that same masses money and passing useless bills that are detrimental to the poor. I weep for this country .
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by slap1(m): 7:43am On Aug 08, 2013
Shameless kleptomanic kinsmen! Was he looting on behalf of the federal government? Bloodline of ndi aka ntutu! Openly supporting a thief because of money!
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Bryancrox(m): 7:44am On Aug 08, 2013
raytony: Brethrens, I am in tears.
brother take dis handkerchief and dry ur tears nd be a man

7 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Tolexander: 7:46am On Aug 08, 2013
Why won't they urge the FG to do this when the FG has once done it by pardoning Alamieshegha.

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Remmyode(m): 7:46am On Aug 08, 2013
Why won't they clamour for his release when Al Mustafar was released after all his atrocities as the CSO to Abacha. I am very sure if his release will benefit the present govenrment in the next general election FG will press for his transfer form Britain. Nigeria is a JOKE.

2 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by phayvoursky(m): 7:46am On Aug 08, 2013
Dese r the set of people Lagbaja sang for. singing... MUMU X MUMU. 200 million MUMU...

4 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by papil: 7:49am On Aug 08, 2013
Nigerians don't cease 2 amaze M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥,a criminal dat embezzeled a state's money & was rightly convictedȊ̝̊̅ڪ being praised by his people, U̶̲̥̅̊ can nvr be a sinner & also be a saint,it dosen't work 2gether.NEVER
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by abokinside: 7:49am On Aug 08, 2013
What do u expect from a country where mass illiteracy and endermic poverty is the order of the day, even the so called educated ones when they speak u know they are not any different from their illiterate counterpart. Anyway its the strategy of the thieving minute ruling elite class, "keep them poor and uneducated" then they become like sheeps, they will even strip themselves naked in courts when their oppressors are taken to court. Nigeria the land of mumucracy!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Oluwalala(m): 7:49am On Aug 08, 2013
I refuse to believe this story! The most annoying part is that it made news! Nigerians complaining that the government is bad, when infact we are the ones who put in a bad governent needless to say- a people deserve the kind of government they get

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 08, 2013
deandavid: When i hear comments like this, i begin to wonder if these politicians are really our problem or rather the masses

The politicians came out of the masses bro..

How would some right-minded people want their government to facilitate the release of a thief?

He comes out, contest election, wins and continue to steal the birthright of your future generation, while the rest of your kinsmen wallow in poverty, insecurity and kidnapping?

Why do you all have to gather to celebrate the birthday of a thief if you all have dignity in the first place?

Nigerians on one side would glorify a thieving politician and on the other side rant about deplorable state of infrastructures in their communities... undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by zolajpower: 7:51am On Aug 08, 2013
SAHARA REPOTER HAS SAID THIS BEFORE. THIS SHOULDNT BE A SUPRISE TO YOU ALL.THIS IS POLITICAL GAME PLAN,SO AS TOLOOK AS IF THE MASSES ASK FOR IBORI RELEASE
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by papushki(m): 7:51am On Aug 08, 2013
Its a shame a really big shame n to be honest when I saw d multitude dat gathered themselves I knew we will neva progress in dis country when we celebrate corruption.

Na God go help us for dis country
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by seunfly: 7:53am On Aug 08, 2013
.a
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by born2boink(m): 7:57am On Aug 08, 2013
God go helep us, instead of fighing to extend his stay.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 08, 2013
I am sure the masses does not have anything to do with this, its all political, like renting crowd by govt officials to stage protests. Ibori can not be released any time soon, not every country has the effontry to be blatantly corrupt like nigeria. This country is just disgusting....

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Nonybb: 8:02am On Aug 08, 2013
Another criminal is about to let loose to join APC = Association of Past Criminals

2 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 08, 2013
And mr abati, Gej is no good, stop failing people with the power of ur mind and perverting ur damn concience. cry
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Afritop(m): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2013
AND THE POLITICIANS WILL SAY THEY WILL WIPE OUT CORRUPTION IF THEY ARE ELECTED WHEREAS THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM DOINT IT. Carefully examining the excuse they are giving for the release of Ibori just because he is their kinsman shows that they are comfortable with the rot and level of devt in the Delta. Result like this makes me imagine if a Death Penalty is possible for corrupt govt officials. THIS COUNTRY IS BEDEVILLED WITH SHEEP IN WOLVES CLOTHING WHO SEES CORRUPTION AS A CAREER AND A CELEBRITY BY KINSMEN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Male Suicide Bomber Kills 3 Civilian JTF Members Near Maiduguri / Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria / Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.