Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help (5971 Views)

Aptech Or Niit? / Please Can Someone Be Of Help In Webservices / Soap / I Need Info On Niit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Chiscomax(m): 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2013
Please help me, I wrote this past niit scholarship examination and made 'excellent' as my grade. I applied for software engineering and was told to pay 55k out of 200k per semester and the course will take up to three years. Now the big question comes; please, can I work with the degree without obtaining bSC in computer science? Because I am currently studying mechanical engineering in futo. Can I add it to my cv in mechanical engineering? Do u see it as an added advantage?please, it is urgent because the course starts august 13th, 2013. Thanks!
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2013
I will advice you to run away from niit. They have absolutely nothing to offer you. Niit is a corporate scam duping nigerians of their hard-earned money. I was a victim of their scam. I enrolled for web design training. That was some years back. They could not teach simple html, the tutors were just fumbling and doing trial and error. If you want to learn software engineering, I advice you to finish your school at FUTO and then come to India and do Masters in Software Development since you are doing Bsc in computer science already.

NIIT Nigeria is a sham. It's just a franchise. They have NOTHING to offer.
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by ghettodreamz(m): 12:20am On Aug 09, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I advice you to finish your school at FUTO and then come to India and do Masters in Software Development since you are doing Bsc in computer science already.

He mentioned he's currently studying Mech engineering not Computer science as you thought. Maybe you misunderstood his first few lines... I don't think there is any correlation between having a B.Tech in Mech engineering and going for Masters in Software Engineering course.... Or is that possible in India?
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by tjado: 1:30am On Aug 09, 2013
With a pinch of salt.......... NIIT is not all bad like most people paint it out to be. Some franchise holders are 4 seconds away from armed robbers and wicked criminals while others will genuinely help you.
AS FOR NIIT, I HAVE FINISHED THE SO CALLED DNIIT and its ok BUT ONLY if you intend following it through to Australia, UK, Malta or whatever country your money can support TO DO THE 1 YEAR BSC TOP UP.
PS: GO FOR THE NETWORKING INSTEAD OF SOFTWARE
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Chiscomax(m): 7:09am On Aug 09, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I will advice you to run away from niit. They have absolutely nothing to offer you. Niit is a corporate scam duping nigerians of their hard-earned money. I was a victim of their scam. I enrolled for web design training. That was some years back. They could not teach simple html, the tutors were just fumbling and doing trial and error. If you want to learn software engineering, I advice you to finish your school at FUTO and then come to India and do Masters in Software Development since you are doing Bsc in computer science already.

thanks to you all but I am currently studying mechanical engineering not computer science .
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Chiscomax(m): 8:46am On Aug 09, 2013
tjado: With a pinch of salt.......... NIIT is not all bad like most people paint it out to be. Some franchise holders are 4 seconds away from armed robbers and wicked criminals while others will genuinely help you.
AS FOR NIIT, I HAVE FINISHED THE SO CALLED DNIIT and its ok BUT ONLY if you intend following it through to Australia, UK, Malta or whatever country your money can support TO DO THE 1 YEAR BSC TOP UP.
PS: GO FOR THE NETWORKING INSTEAD OF SOFTWARE
please, what are the procedures of furthering abroad? how much will it cost? are u currently working with the NIIT cert? please, ur response will mean alot to me. thanks
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Chiscomax(m): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2013
is going to india that easy? how can someone leave this country for good? how much will it cost?@graphicPlus
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Otuabaroku: 9:15am On Aug 09, 2013
@Chiscomax, please concentrate on your present course at FUTO and make good grade. Who knows, your grade can get you a scholarship to study outside Nigeria.It could equally get you a good job in oil & gas company in Nigeria. Concerning going to NIIT, heed to advice that they are not what they claimed to be. The lecturers are not motivated and they don't employ and retain capable hands due to their poor pay.

For now, if you are really passionate about software development, you could indulge on self study if it will not clash with your present study.

All the best.
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:26am On Aug 09, 2013
If you really will like to waste your money, then enroll in any NIIT in Nigeria. I tell you, niit has NOTHING to offer you. But you will not know this until you pay and enroll. It's better you concentrate on your course at FUTO. When you are done and you want to really switch to software development and you have little money, you can come over to India and study. You can either study in a university like Mahatma Gandhi University or you study at the main campus of Aptech or NIIT. I study in India and I live close to NIIT main campus at South Extension part 1, New Delhi. Forget about those aptech and niit in nigeria. They are complete crap. Look I studied at NIIT Asaba and Onitsha and Aptech Mokola Ibadan. And I can authoritatively tell you that they are rubbish. My younger brother studied civil engineering. He's doing NYSC now at bayelsa. He will be coming here next year to do MCA (Masters of Computer Application), which has software development as one of the subjects.
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Chiscomax(m): 9:52am On Aug 09, 2013
GraphicsPlus: If you really will like to waste your money, then enroll in any NIIT in Nigeria. I tell you, niit has NOTHING to offer you. But you will not know this until you pay and enroll. It's better you concentrate on your course at FUTO. When you are done and you want to really switch to software development and you have little money, you can come over to India and study. You can either study in a university like Mahatma Gandhi University or you study at the main campus of Aptech or NIIT. I study in India and I live close to NIIT main campus at South Extension part 1, New Delhi. Forget about those aptech and niit in nigeria. They are complete crap. Look I studied at NIIT Asaba and Onitsha and Aptech Mokola Ibadan. And I can authoritatively tell you that they are rubbish. My younger brother studied civil engineering. He's doing NYSC now at bayelsa. He will be coming here next year to do MCA (Masters of Computer Application), which has software development as one of the subjects.

thanks alot. i will heed to your advice. one more question pls, how did u go to india?
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:00am On Aug 09, 2013
How I went to India? I entered Emirates Airlines and landed in India grin

Well, I applied to do a Bsc.IT at Mahatma Gandhi University and an invitation letter was sent to me and I processed for Indian Visa at Indian High Commission Abuja and then left Nigeria for New Delhi. When you are ready to come, I can offer you all the necessary assistance you will need.
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Chiscomax(m): 10:17am On Aug 09, 2013
GraphicsPlus: How I went to India? I entered Emirates Airlines and landed in India grin

Well, I applied to do a Bsc.IT at Mahatma Gandhi University and an invitation letter was sent to me and I processed for Indian Visa at Indian High Commission Abuja and then left Nigeria for New Delhi. When you are ready to come, I can offer you all the necessary assistance you will need.
lolz...thanks alot. people like you re hard to find plus how much did everything cost you?how did u apply? cos i am thinking of running away from this country for the better good of good
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Chiscomax(m): 10:18am On Aug 09, 2013
Otuabaroku: @Chiscomax, please concentrate on your present course at FUTO and make good grade. Who knows, your grade can get you a scholarship to study outside Nigeria.It could equally get you a good job in oil & gas company in Nigeria. Concerning going to NIIT, heed to advice that they are not what they claimed to be. The lecturers are not motivated and they don't employ and retain capable hands due to their poor pay.

For now, if you are really passionate about software development, you could indulge on self study if it will not clash with your present study.

All the best.
thanks alot
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by ghettodreamz(m): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2013
Chiscomax: lolz...thanks alot. people like you re hard to find plus how much did everything cost you?how did u apply? cos i am thinking of running away from this country for the better good of good

Bro, chillax.. First, how many years have you put into FUTO?

As far as your aren't in your first year, I won't advise you quit. You already started long ago, so finish whatever it is and achieve your first degree cert. After which you can then sit and think twice about your decision whether to go into ICT (to get a second degree) or go for your Masters in Mech engineering.. Don't just quit because of India, the pasture is not always that greener at the other end.

I wish you all the very best.
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by ghettodreamz(m): 11:43am On Aug 09, 2013
GraphicsPlus: If you really will like to waste your money, then enroll in any NIIT in Nigeria. I tell you, niit has NOTHING to offer you. But you will not know this until you pay and enroll. It's better you concentrate on your course at FUTO. When you are done and you want to really switch to software development and you have little money, you can come over to India and study. You can either study in a university like Mahatma Gandhi University or you study at the main campus of Aptech or NIIT. I study in India and I live close to NIIT main campus at South Extension part 1, New Delhi. Forget about those aptech and niit in nigeria. They are complete crap. Look I studied at NIIT Asaba and Onitsha and Aptech Mokola Ibadan. And I can authoritatively tell you that they are rubbish. My younger brother studied civil engineering. He's doing NYSC now at bayelsa. He will be coming here next year to do MCA (Masters of Computer Application), which has software development as one of the subjects.

Lol @ Aptech, India... NOT, all Aptech centres in India are worth the pains and hassle bro...
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Lol @ Aptech, India... NOT, all Aptech centres in India are worth the pains and hassle bro...

Am talking about Aptech and NIIT headquarters in New Delhi.
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by ghettodreamz(m): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

Am talking about Aptech and NIIT headquarters in New Delhi.

Ok la...
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Chiscomax(m): 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2013
Thanks to you all... i appreciate your replies. graphicplus, please what is the total cost of leaving nigeria for india? so that i can start making savings
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Chiscomax(m): 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Bro, chillax.. First, how many years have you put into FUTO?

As far as your aren't in your first year, I won't advise you quit. You already started long ago, so finish whatever it is and achieve your first degree cert. After which you can then sit and think twice about your decision whether to go into ICT (to get a second degree) or go for your Masters in Mech engineering.. Don't just quit because of India, the pasture is not always that greener at the other end.

I wish you all the very best.

going to 200level tho.
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by ghettodreamz(m): 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2013
Chiscomax:

going to 200level tho.

Going to 200L? Then, search ur heart, what are you passionate about? Mech engineering or IT? That should help you make a good, wise and prudent decision, don't just quit because you heard India. Is not just about country, let your passion be the determinant factor here and let God guide your heart (take a long look @ the type of future you wanted for yourself and don't forget your action today determines that you gonna be tomorrow,while you make a choice/decision).

I wish you all the very best though.
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Chiscomax(m): 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Going to 200L? Then, search ur heart, what are you passionate about? Mech engineering or IT? That should help you make a good, wise and prudent decision, don't just quit because you heard India. Is not just about country, let your passion be the determinant factor here and let God guide your heart (take a long look @ the type of future you wanted for yourself and don't forget your action today determines that you gonna be tomorrow,while you make a choice/decision).

I wish you all the very best though.

god bless you. i will. think about that.i love both IT and engineering though
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by tjado: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
Depending on the country you want to go to... from 1.5 Million naira TO 6 Million Naira.
Most countries(universities) apart from australia give you 1 year (9 months) and your done, australia(canberra, la trobe) will give you 1.5 years and they usually cost more.

Like I said, NIIT is not totally useless... it depends on your personality as a student and your attitude to reading and self development.
PS: if your close to graduating from futo please dont jump ships just yet, the grass always looks greener on the other side
AND
if you are just starting out and money is not a problem(parents/guardians support you too) then follow your passion and not what career option you think will offer you the most money.
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Chiscomax(m): 3:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
tjado. thanks alot. 1.5mi is enoff to start a goos business
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by ghettodreamz(m): 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
Chiscomax: tjado. thanks alot. 1.5mi is enoff to start a goos business

Bro... Did you think studying away is moin moin before? Wake up oooo... Upkeep alone sef, na money let alone paying tuition fees.. Which 1.5Mil is tjado talking about sef? For a degree? You need way more than that, only if you are focusing going to India to study and get India degree cert.

Don't drop out from FUTO, keep going, along the line you can lay your hands on IT stuff(ebooks, e-tutorials and videos) depending on how much of free time you have got on your hands and the specific area of the ICT world you are really interested in.

All the same, all the best.
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Chiscomax(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Bro... Did you think studying away is moin moin before? Wake up oooo... Upkeep alone sef, na money let alone paying tuition fees.. Which 1.5Mil is tjado talking about sef? For a degree? You need way more than that, only if you are focusing going to India to study and get India degree cert.

Don't drop out from FUTO, keep going, along the line you can lay your hands on IT stuff(ebooks, e-tutorials and videos) depending on how much of free time you have got on your hands and the specific area of the ICT world you are really interested in.

All the same, all the best.
i was not planning to drop out anyway. Studying abroad is very expensive sha. Nigeria dey try for us smiley
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
Going to NIIT is totally not worth it. Just focus on FUTO like others have adviced.
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Chiscomax(m): 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
khady, thanks
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by Sheyz: 2:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
Well, let me say 1st that niit seems to have too many competitions around the entire Globe. Despite the slanders, people still attend niit till today and are all in good post. A close friend of mine finished niit Nigeria & move to India for his Masters, he now work at Chevron and making his cash. While I was busy scared of loosing my money and applying for Jamb. No job till date. I see all this slanders as a device by competitors to destroy each others image. NOTE: Niit has been a global leading IT institute till date. I intend to start MMS in Niit 2nd week of next year no matter d slanders. If I can read and attend class regularly and not try to show my lecturers I know better than them. I am sure I will succeed therein. Will never allow rumor mongers to divert my vision for their useless competitions. Cheers
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by holmez(m): 1:22am On Jul 30, 2016
Sheyz:
Well, let me say 1st that niit seems to have too many competitions around the entire Globe. Despite the slanders, people still attend niit till today and are all in good post. A close friend of mine finished niit Nigeria & move to India for his Masters, he now work at Chevron and making his cash. While I was busy scared of loosing my money and applying for Jamb. No job till date. I see all this slanders as a device by competitors to destroy each others image. NOTE: Niit has been a global leading IT institute till date. I intend to start MMS in Niit 2nd week of next year no matter d slanders. If I can read and attend class regularly and not try to show my lecturers I know better than them. I am sure I will succeed therein. Will never allow rumor mongers to divert my vision for their useless competitions. Cheers
did u start d MMS Program and pls how has it been so far?
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by bb6xt(m): 8:06am On Jul 30, 2016
Chiscomax:
Please help me, I wrote this past niit scholarship examination and made 'excellent' as my grade. I applied for software engineering and was told to pay 55k out of 200k per semester and the course will take up to three years. Now the big question comes; please, can I work with the degree without obtaining bSC in computer science? Because I am currently studying mechanical engineering in futo. Can I add it to my cv in mechanical engineering? Do u see it as an added advantage?please, it is urgent because the course starts august 13th, 2013. Thanks!

At my last company our best developer was a guy who studied electronic/computer engineering. We also had civil engineers who were quite decent programmers. You are not an excellent developer simply because you majored in CS. Personally, I look for passion for programming and an insatiable appetite for learning. You start depreciating as a software developer the second you stop learning.
Re: In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help by akinjideace(m): 1:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
@Sheyz tell me about the MMS program at NIIT.

(1) (Reply)

Aspiring Data Scientist. / Calculating Nse's All Share Index And Market Capitalisation / Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.