Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,390 members, 7,800,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

The Begining Of The End;a Novella. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Begining Of The End;a Novella. (4332 Views)

Underneath The Veil (a Novella) / All I've Never Wanted... A Novella / **The Begining Of The End** My First Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 10:24am On Aug 09, 2013
"is that the door leading to the kitchen? He asked her, pointing to the door.

"Yes,it is.

"alright,ummm,before i go in there, is there a place in the kitchen someone might hide? Maybe a cellar or something.

she looked at him,smiled and said, "you're scared sir"

"hell no am not,just making sure i'm on the right track" though he knew his answer was a half truth.

He stared again at the door,moved closer to it and clutched his gun with both hands.With enough strenght as he could muster. He kicked the door with his right foot, it swung open.

The kitchen was lit, he walked in slowly, swinging his gun wielding arms from side to side, in the typical commando fashion. A quick scan of the kitchen proved that no one had been in there. He let his arms drop and he moved to the kitchen counter, sat on a chair and was trying to figure out what next to do. The sleep he had felt earlier had suddenly disappeared.

He had sat there for about two minutes when if heard giggles,muffled giggles coming from the sitting/bedroom direction. He simply ignored it and was trying to pour himself a glass of water to clear his brains alittle when he heard voices. three different voices.

On impulse he dashed out of the kitchen into the sitting room, he searched for cyndy with his eyes but there was no trace of her. Quickly he started running towards the door but was intercepted by something he had hit his leg against.

A short chill ran down his spine,slowly he looked down on the object he had hit his leg against. it was a human head with blood oozing out to show it had been freshly but. The eyes had been gorged out.

THE HEAD WAS CYNDY'S.

1 Like

Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 10:31am On Aug 09, 2013
cool
Miz_Sammy: oga chistar brought me hear. Wonderful story chuksemi *following*

Thanks ma'am.You are highly welcome.Your seat number is 002.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 10:33am On Aug 09, 2013
cool
Clemzy16: " good morning chuck"

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®

beautiful morning to you too,bro.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by jumzzy448: 11:32am On Aug 09, 2013
Now ℓ̊ 'm scared 4 serg Ron oo
Hope they won't cut off his head very soon?
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by MizSammy(f): 11:58am On Aug 09, 2013
Chuksemi: cool

Thanks ma'am.You are highly welcome.Your seat number is 002.
nice, front row things
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Clemzy16(m): 11:58am On Aug 09, 2013
"enjoying this play like madt"

MORE!!

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by MizSammy(f): 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
Whats going on in dat apartment? Who's freak dats hacking heads?
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Clemzy16(m): 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
Chuksemi: cool

beautiful morning to you too,bro.
"ya welkum"

"buh wat did u do to my signature. . ."

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Silvarose(f): 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2013
still glue to my seat, nice work, keep it flowing
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
chistar01: Wow, nice!! Each post makes me want more! grin

Oga mi,i still be learner 4 wea u de na!*suspense ish*
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
Silvarose: still glue to my seat, nice work, keep it flowing

Sure,ma'am!you are highly welcome.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2013
Clemzy16: "ya welkum"

"buh wat did u do to my signature. . ."

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®

rectified! grin
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
Miz_Sammy: Whats going on in dat apartment? Who's freak dats hacking heads?
Meself don't know. grin
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
jumzzy448: Now ℓ̊ 'm scared 4 serg Ron oo
Hope they won't cut off his head very soon?
I'm hoping and praying against that too!
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by therealbabe(f): 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
Nice story, im following
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by therealbabe(f): 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
Now, i hope i wont av a nightmare 2day wit dis story im reading
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
therealbabe: Now, i hope i wont av a nightmare 2day wit dis story im reading
i hope so too. kiss
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by jumzzy448: 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ahn ahn no update?
Chuksemi take Ūя time oo.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
"After locking the place i made sure i put a police seal on it before i left. I also contacted the land lady and told her what happened. She was genuinely shocked so there is no way she would have Killed them. After all i was there" that was serg ron recounting and explaining to his superior what transpired the night before. He was tired and sleepy due to lack of sleep which was denied yesterday by fate.

The time was 0945 am and he was sitting in his superior's office inspector jack pond. The office was spacious with two or three shelves containing books and other materials. At the northern side was a table and on the table was a few scary looking legal documents, a gun and a note pad. An a.c placed east ward of the room distribute air generously.

Inspector jack pond had recieved an order on his table that morning requesting him to take over a murder case reported by one sergeant ron gabriel . After swearing and cursing under his breath he decided to summon the reporter and find out more about the case.

Inspector jack looked very athletic and passably handsome. Through out his years in the police force, he was yet to handle a murder investigation so if was practically a novice but in theory he was a veteran. He hated that morning, cursed it and even wished he wasn't in the police force. Of all cases they gave him one in which people died with their heads cut of and eyes gorged out. The whole thing was just too scary.

Insp jack looked up from the report note, his colleague had stopped talking so if thought he was taking a momentary pause; but when he looked up serg ron was fast asleep on the chair. He felt irritated and wanted to wake him up but thought better of it and decided to let him be. He went back to the report in his hands.

Five hours later inspector jack was tired. Serg ron had woken up and together they had been planning on how to go about unravelling the murder case.

"so have they searched the apartment thoroughly?" inspector jack asked.

"yes,they even conducted ballistic test for finger prints" serg ron replied.

"look serg,i don't know how the hell we are going to go about this; but i know the killer must be an expert."

serg ron shuddered as the image of Cyndy's freshly cut head came back to him; then he said "maybe we should just close the case; the killer left no trace".

"hmmm; maybe we would; maybe we wont. But the dead deserve justice; dont forget that serg."

serg ron looked as confused as a scattered puzzle. Slowly he stood up paced up and down the office thinking hard; he looked at his superior and asked him "sir; has a Q&A section(question and answer) been conducted with the inhabitants of the water street where the estate is located?"

"that has been done while you were sleeping. I sent some boys down there. It didnt yield much result just a few stupid answers" inspector jack replied sullenly. Then he stood up and kept starring at the a.c as if answers were written boldly on it; or maybe it was. After starring at it for what seemed like hours to him. He had an idea and brightened up then he turned to the serg and said.....

1 Like

Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by chistar01(m): 9:17pm On Aug 09, 2013
Miz_Sammy: oga chistar brought me hear. Wonderful story chuksemi *following*
lol! I see you babes! grin. Welcome and please have your sit. wink
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by jumzzy448: 9:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
Well done.....
But ℓ̊ observed that the first letter of your characters name are always in small letters instead of capital letters. Pls take note of that.
Keep the updates coming.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 9:23pm On Aug 09, 2013

"lets set a bait"

"a what?" serg ron asked looking perplexed.

"a bait; that will make the job easier for us"

serg ron was about to ask him to enunciate when a constable burst into the office; excitement written all over his face. He saluted them and kept starring at them like a slowpoke.

"so what is it cop ?" serg ron asked the intruding constable.

"i've been knocking sir but you didnt answer or you didnt hear me. There is a man outside sir" he replied.

inspector jack who was getting impatient to share his idea asked the constable rather angrily "so what the heck has that got to do with us?"

the constable looked confused. And wondered if he was in the right office. Then he asked "sir i heard you are handling "the" strange murder case"

"well; what if i am?" came inspector jack's reply.

"the man outside said he lost his wife last night sir"

"i still dont see how that concerns me cop" inspector jack replied getting angry.

The constable breathed out and said" the man outside said he came back from work last night by 0615 pm. He knocked on his door but got no response. He knew his wife was in since she didnt go to work yesterday. So he shouted her name twice to check if maybe she hadn't heard him knocking. But what greeted him was eerie silence. Then he heard muffled giggles; he thought it was his wife but three different voices followed the giggles. He became alarmed and rushed down to his car where he retrieved a hammer from the trunk which he used to break down the door of his house. But when he had succeeded in breaking down the door and stepped into his house. What met his eyes left him speechless. His wife was hanging loosely from the ceiling fan; her head had been cut off and kept on the bed.

"Her eyes were gorged out"

inspector jack's office phone rang immediately after that statement and after wasting a little time he picked the call. A call that would alter and change his life forever.

1 Like

Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
jumzzy448: Well done.....
But ℓ̊ observed that the first letter of your characters name are always in small letters instead of capital letters. Pls take note of that.
Keep the updates coming.
Your correction has been recieved and is being looked into. cool
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
chistar01: lol! I see you babes! grin. Welcome and please have your sit. wink
Oga mi,criticize me nah! angry
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by omah1(f): 9:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
Wow...
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Silvarose(f): 10:10pm On Aug 09, 2013
nice work chuksemi, bt ur cap letter must be in the necessary places and ur punctuation.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 11:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
Silvarose: nice work chuksemi, bt ur cap letter must be in the necessary places and ur punctuation.

Thank you ma. I will do as you suggest.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by chistar01(m): 11:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
Chuksemi:
Oga mi,criticize me nah! angry
lol, I've seen nothing yet, just work on you spacing and start every noun with a capital alphabet.

Come and continue sha
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 11:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
omah!:
Wow...

Bro,you're presence has been registered. Please sit beside miz sammy in the front row,for clearer view....
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 11:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
chistar01:

Come and continue sha

I am coming,just gimme five minutes.....
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Oyinprince(m): 12:15am On Aug 10, 2013
Gr8 story bro.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 12:24am On Aug 10, 2013
Oyinprince: Gr8 story bro.
I feel you!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Not Your Usual Love Story By Feranmi Adefisayo-favor / 7 Containers Of Pirated Books Seized At Apapa / Which Book Really Teaches How To Build A Million Naira Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.