Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,223 members, 7,780,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:01 PM

World's Smallest Power Inverter - Technology Market (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / World's Smallest Power Inverter (182901 Views)

Quality 2000w (2.5kva) Power Inverter UPS With Inbuilt Charger / World's Smallest Power Inverter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2019
2200VA converted UPS - 35k

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by flozzyy: 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
Yemmyteespeed007:
you have great experience in this field o.
make I just dey follow the thread.

Thanks sir, still and always willing to learn.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2019
Regular inverter also available

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2019
feflo:
Ongoing installation @ Shasha, Lagos:

5kva 48vdc local Inverter
4pcs 12vdc 200ah batteries
9pcs 250watts solar panels
48vdc 60amps MPPT controller
Breakers and other accessories

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2019
Is it modified or pure sine wave, which?
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2019
indigene:
Is it modified or pure sine wave, which?

It's a pure sinewave inverter. Tested and trusted.
Thanks
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 10:09pm On Jun 14, 2019
feflo:

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 6:26am On Jun 15, 2019
feflo:

For more information contact Femi on 08023662352 or 08165304602.
Thanks
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
Converted UPS 650va available

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by mctfopt: 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
feflo:
Dismantling my lithium batteries out of curiosity and to ascertain the condition of each cell.

Did you see a BMS?
Was any of the cells bad?
What's the capacity of the lithium battery?
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by mctfopt: 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
feflo:
The lithium batteries originally comes as a 48vdc 60amps set, after dismantling I got 2pcs of 24vdc 60amps batteries.

Interesting, how much is it and what's the run hour on say 100watt load?
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 5:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
mctfopt:

Did you see a BMS?
Was any of the cells bad?
What's the capacity of the lithium battery?

It comes with a motherboard (pix attached), I suspect the BMS is incorporated into this board.
All the cells are good, if not for the fact that I've been a little busy I would have been done with the testing.

Thanks

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
mctfopt:

Interesting, how much is it and what's the run hour on say 100watt load?

I plan to hook them up with my solar system at home and use for about a week before knowing how efficient they are.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by mctfopt: 7:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
feflo:

It comes with a motherboard (pix attached), I suspect the BMS is incorporated into this board.
All the cells are good, if not for the fact that I've been a little busy I would have been done with the testing.

Thanks

Just like you suspected, the BMS may probably be incorporated into the control board. This is awesome, I'm on the lookout for a not-so-expensive lithium setup these days. So update the house on how it goes. Thank you.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by mctfopt: 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
feflo:

I plan to hook them up with my solar system at home and use for about a week before knowing how efficient they are.

Can you safely do that? Do you know the maximum charging current that it can take? These guys hate to be abused. Lol.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 7:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
mctfopt:

Can you safely do that? Do you know the maximum charging current that it can take? These guys hate to be abused. Lol.

I guess I know what's safe for them and my charge controller can be easily adjusted to safely handle lithium. The technology is still relatively new that's the reason I keep researching about them.

Many thanks for your concern.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by mctfopt: 8:53pm On Jun 17, 2019
feflo:

I guess I know what's safe for them and my charge controller can be easily adjusted to safely handle lithium. The technology is still relatively new that's the reason I keep researching about them.

Many thanks for your concern.

Cool, I'm interested in your findings. Kudos.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by ewizard1: 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
feflo:

Thanks

Yeah, the PCB holds the BMS for the cells. Those MOSFETS are BMS components.

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 5:31am On Jun 19, 2019
ewizard1:

Yeah, the PCB holds the BMS for the cells. Those MOSFETS are BMS components.

Thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 5:32am On Jun 19, 2019
mctfopt:

Just like you suspected, the BMS may probably be incorporated into the control board. This is awesome, I'm on the lookout for a not-so-expensive lithium setup these days. So update the house on how it goes. Thank you.
I definitely will. Many thanks
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 8:53pm On Jun 19, 2019
UPDATE ON LITHIUM TEST

I was able to finally put my lithium to test
It was hooked to my 2.8kw solar array, I adjusted the bulk charge voltage to 60v and the float voltage to 58.8v (each cell has voltage of 4.2v and one battery pack has 7 cells making about 29.4v per pack).
I connected the two packs in series to get 48vdc. I got back home at around after 4pm and it was already on float.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2019
I immediately put on my 750watt pumping machine and it worked for an hour, used an electric Iron(1kw) for about 30mins. Used it overnight on three fans and other light load. I woke up around after 5am and the battery was 52.4volts. Pumped water again for about 15mins and the voltage was about 50.9v before leaving home this morning.

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2019
Observation

I noticed that one pack performed better than the other pack. There was a voltage difference of about 2v between the packs. At a point one was reading 27v while the other 25v. I'll work on correcting this.

I also noticed that the lithium charges faster when compared to Gel or Lead acid batteries.

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
Day 1 TEST CONCLUSION

My 48vdc 60amps lithium pack performed far better than my 48vdc 185ah lead acid pack.
This test is ongoing and will update as soon as time permits.

2 Likes

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by mctfopt: 7:05am On Jun 20, 2019
feflo:
Observation

I noticed that one pack performed better than the other pack. There was a voltage difference of about 2v between the packs. At a point one was reading 27v while the other 25v. I'll work on correcting this.

I also noticed that the lithium charges faster when compared to Gel or Lead acid batteries.

Interesting, the low resistance trait of lithium makes charging it faster than our conventional lead acid batteries. I think bottom balancing the two lithium pack may help with the voltage difference
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by tetralogyfallot(m): 7:16am On Jun 20, 2019
feflo:
Day 1 TEST CONCLUSION

My 48vdc 60amps lithium pack performed far better than my 48vdc 185ah lead acid pack.
This test is ongoing and will update as soon as time permits.
lithium ion cell are very good. Just like I discovered common 48ah lithium ion battery performs better than 100ah lead acid battery. Lithium ion technology is dope.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 7:58am On Jun 20, 2019
mctfopt:

Interesting, the low resistance trait of lithium makes charging it faster than our conventional lead acid batteries. I think bottom balancing the two lithium pack may help with the voltage difference

Many thanks sir, will work to balance them and then continue with the test. I so much appreciate your input. Thanks
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 7:58am On Jun 20, 2019
tetralogyfallot:
lithium ion cell are very good. Just like I discovered common 48ah lithium ion battery performs better than 100ah lead acid battery. Lithium ion technology is dope.

It's a pleasant surprise to me too. Many thanks
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by ewizard1: 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2019
Yeah, it's the reason 18650 Powerwall is the thing now. People all over the world are building it. grin
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by mctfopt: 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2019
ewizard1:
Yeah, it's the reason 18650 Powerwall is the thing now. People all over the world are building it. grin

Do you build? How do you source the batteries?
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by ewizard1: 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
mctfopt:

Do you build? How do you source the batteries?
Yes I build. Scrap laptop Batteries.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by mctfopt: 8:59pm On Jun 20, 2019
ewizard1:

Yes I build. Scrap laptop Batteries.

Where can one buy this in large quantity?

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (107) (Reply)

pre order and order Elephone,xiaomi,meizu, Lenovo and all Chinese OEM here... / new 2TB & 4TB external hdd fully LOADEDâ„¢ with exciting contents **DAILY UPDATE** / Learn How To Start Mini Importation in Nigeria with as low as N4,000. See Proofs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.