Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,059 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here (39858 Views)

Get That Flawless Look In 7days! / Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / Patience Jonathan's "Stunning" Look In Pink Kaftan [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
smiley
the pictures are not loading up here ...hmm wonder why

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by LoveAmaka88(f): 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
I'm having the same trouble today
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
@LoveAmaka

oh..ok ,then i guess it must be the site . I'll keep trying.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
what's happening with picture uploads..? Can't upload any picture here. Webmaster pls can you look into this?

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by LoveAmaka88(f): 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
Oh Uzoo, you know how I feel about leggins, but....that pink and black number is cute
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2013
LoveAmaka88: Oh Uzoo, you know how I feel about leggins, but....that pink and black number is cute

i know wink
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 11:24pm On Aug 27, 2013
I'm feeling bit retro smiley

long sleeves shirt
wide leg jeans
sun hat
cat eyes sunglasses ( ..very Audrey Hepburn)
a pair of platform clogs
leather belt and some cool red lipstick.

Classic! mmmuuuaahhh! kiss

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2013
smiley

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by babestell(f): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
Above is very nice and decent. Something I would like to wear
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by nnekaregy(f): 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
I luv ur posts. I always have probs choosing which casuals to wear
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
@babestell
@nnekaregy

Thanks .
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
bohemian goddess smiley

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by maxiflexi(f): 8:11am On Aug 30, 2013
wink grin My look of 2day!!! Ankara bohemian diva! (with a shrug for office)
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 9:45am On Aug 30, 2013
cool. smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 1:20am On Sep 01, 2013
floral

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
HELLO ladies ,

We know that not all careers or places of work or business demand that you suit up everyday,some people prefer a simple ,smart look for their day to day business,either because of the weather or it maybe that their work does not involve board room meetings.

Below is a collection i put together for those of us that like to look casual but smart to work.

1. a nice skirt with a long sleeves blouse.

2. a shirt dress with a good belt,(this should hit on the knee or just slightly under the knee, not a mini shirt dress)

3 or a pair of jeans ( Yes! Jeans )a Tank top or Blouse with a Blazer/Jacket that brings both jeans & top together to give you the smart in casual.

The shoes and bag in the picture can be used on any of the collections,some earrings, time piece and a lip gloss/balm

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2013
more smart casuals for work.

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by soledadd: 1:14am On Sep 04, 2013
Thanks so much. I like your collections. Can you help me with good pregnancy outfits. Finding it a bit difficult shopping for clothes. God bless you.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 1:33am On Sep 05, 2013
soledadd: Thanks so much. I like your collections. Can you help me with good pregnancy outfits. Finding it a bit difficult shopping for clothes. God bless you.

Hi,

shopping for maternity wears can be a bit challenging and very frustrating too, i have to admit though its a time in your life where you are free to wear sizes that are quite bigger than your regular size but having said this there are certain ways to dress an over sized out fit on a pregnant lady with out making her look Drab especially for work or business.

Here are some tips when shopping for maternity wears

1. Tops ,Blouses, and Shirts. - When getting any of these you have to ensure that they are not cropped ,they have to cover your entire belly and sometimes even go as low as your Pubic area. The only top that you can wear cropped is a shrug or a jacket and in this case you are either wearing the tops first of all before the jacket or you are layering them.

2. Dresses - Short dresses can be really cute on our pregnant ladies if coordinated well. The trick for flared dresses is to get a tiny belt or a lose fabric belt to tie loosely around your upper waist ,just above your big belly ,This is a good option because as you increase in size during your trimesters the flared dresses are can still fit and you can adjust the lose belt as your belly increases to give you comfort.
Also ensure that if its a plain coloured dress then make the colour of the belt a contrasting colour,say blue dress with black belt , black dress with red or pink belt,green dress with a yellow belt . That way you have created a stylish look for a plain maternity dress.
If you dont like using belts try shopping for colour blocking dresses like the ones in the picture,they create an illusion of a waist line even for a pregnant belly.

2b . Maxi dresses are also a comfortable wear for maternity ,especially those who like to hide their legs when they get swollen during pregnancy. With this type of dresses is best to do them in sleeveless or strapless for a more updated maternity style of dressing.If you are not comfortable showing off your arms ,then you can get a shrug or a simple cardigan that will hit just at your natural waist line. ( for a big belly this might be difficult to find..lol. so the best way to know is to look behind you through a mirror to make sure the cardigan is not stopping at your bumbum but slightly above it). flat shoes or simple T-STRAP sandals like the ones in the picture are best for the maxi dresses.

3. Jackets, Shrugs, Blazers,Cardigan. - no matter how big your belly is , it doesnt matter if you wore a jumper or a long sleeve shirt to work or even a simple ladies short sleeve T-shirt just for you to be comfortable all day ,The moment you throw in a Blazer or a jacket ,then you are excused . It is always important to put your breathing space around your body first before fashion.

If you've got only a few jackets and skirts or pants in just black or grey for work then your inner wear is a good way to bring in some colour so you can still look beautiful without looking tired or without make up or a bad hair day. Say a flashy pink ladies T- shirt with a round or V neck,or a spaghetti strap yellow chiffon top with some frills in the middle The colours have to really Pop, ( Yellow , Red, Orange etc).

4.Skirts , Trousers, Bottoms. - If i am right , most ladies prefer to put their non maternity bottoms under their bellies for better comfort, they do this and then let the tops do the covering up. So i will advice that if you do not have any maternity bottoms that are specifically made for pregnant women ( the ones with the extended band attached to the waist of the skirts and trousers that you can pull up as belly grows) Then pls always place the waist of the bottoms under your waist line and cover up with the blouse or top.

5. Bags , purses, clutches - This is up to you really , but personally i prefer dressing up a pregnant lady in large or medium sized clutches, like the ones in the picture . You'll look really classy with a pair of trousers, blouse/top , and blazer when holding up a clutch under your arm. Trust me.
And besides with the little one in there ,you dont want to carry any heavy Tote bags . Just a tip.

6. Shoes - Flats all the way , Nigerian roads are not heels friendly , how much more for a pregnant lady. But make sure your flats come with an edge. ( leopard prints, metal embellishment ,studds,glitters, any thing really, but not dull).

Finally if you want to be a hot mama try some really nice lip colours (Pink ,Red, etc.),even if you're not having any jewelry on ,try to make your face look less tired. If you are not the make up type you can achieve this using some shiny glosses it puts the glo in glowing. wink (you know what they say about pregnant women glowing)

i hope this helps . Please feel free to post any questions you have as you enjoy your blossoming months ahead. cheesy

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 1:39am On Sep 05, 2013
i am loving the yellow cardigan with ankara print skirt .

some thing i would wear even if i am not pregnant. the colour of the cardigan just makes the ankara look great.

You can try this with any colour of cardigan/shrug you have and then make an ankara skirt which has the colour of your cardigan/shrug in the ankara print.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 9:33am On Sep 05, 2013
Another Trending wear which you can also incorporate into a maternity wear is the Peplum Blouse/Top

The thing with Peplum tops is that the waist line where the fabric is joined is not expandable so its best to wear them early in your pregnancy ( say first 4 or 5 months depending on the size of your belly bump)

They make a good cover up when worn on a pencil skirt or a pair of work pants.

Again when shopping for dresses (A-line or Flared) you can shop for dresses with an empire waist like the picture of yours truly in a floral print dress below. ( the empire waist is exactly below your Bust sitting above your belly) This look can accommodate a really big belly even at 9 months. I paired it up with a white boy-friend cardigan and some flat shoes.

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2013
If you want to glam things up you can also shop for swing dresses.

They are styled by giving a perfect fit around your neck ,shoulders and arms but starts to flare from your bust area and swings around your entire body up to your knees or thighs. Like the shape of a bell. They also come in halter neck.

its a fashionable way celebrities such as Halle Berry and Amber rose like to dress when they are pregnant. It looks really good on Petite sized pregnant ladies,and it was worn a lot in the early seventies and late sixties, i have old pictures of my mom in them... smiley

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by teeawaii(f): 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
I likeee ur thread kiss Bookmarking ryt away wink
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
teeawaii: I likeee ur thread kiss Bookmarking ryt away wink

ha ha ha ... thanks.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by soledadd: 8:34am On Sep 06, 2013
Oh! Thanks so much for painstakingly giving a detailed approach to this. I hope many other ladies would find this helpful. You really have done a great job. Thanks once more!

2 Likes

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by TrishaP(f): 9:46am On Sep 06, 2013
Post ur twitter handle ASAP. Very urgent!!
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by TrishaP(f): 9:48am On Sep 06, 2013
@uzoo pls ur twitter handle.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 06, 2013
When I saw the title on fp, I knew this was uzoo's thread.

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Iaz93: 10:25am On Sep 06, 2013
men nkor? ??
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by RealJenny(f): 10:33am On Sep 06, 2013
uzoo: bohemian goddess smiley
I'm in love with that white bag ♥_♥, do u sell them or they are just samples
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by kaze4blues(m): 10:36am On Sep 06, 2013
@uzoo, thanks for the insight.

How about rocking bow ties to interviews? Is it cool?

Will also like to know whether bow ties can be used on all occasions or certain occasions.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by UyiIredia(m): 10:44am On Sep 06, 2013
This thread is bias for the ladies. Just saying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gtbank Fashion: Angry Crowd Breaks Wall To Enter Event / Fashion Or Madness? / Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.