Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (59804 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by damoobaba: 12:39am On Aug 19, 2013
ehixking:

I think right about now we need phone numbers location(geopolitical zones) and emails

We need contact
I think this forum too can be of help
Mine is Ehis /south west(ibadan)/ 07030717445
Be mindful of the way u drop ur contact numbers online.You may never know who's online.
I suggest we form a forum on facebook and even BBM.Even employed peeps can be members.Afterall that we are nt employed does nt mean we don't have skills. Who knows,an engineering graduate could pick up contracts along d line or even a computer scientist could strike a deal. Its would also serve as a medium to discuss how to make our own impact in this country. My BB pin is 229E8005.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by countryfirst: 12:42am On Aug 19, 2013
sound like a nice idea, lets have it registered as a political party, insistently All of our members are yought and graduate. lets make Nigeria work for once

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by toluls(m): 12:42am On Aug 19, 2013
Although an association of young Nigerians
pushing for a better environment for us all to be
gainfully employed and operate effectively will be a
very good idea. It's sickening seeing
undergraduates and youth corpers already
planning to join the "National Association Of
Unemployed Graduates(NAUG)" Please change that
name, gosh!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 19, 2013
kel4soft: 08063973598. Sowari, Ama Port Harcourt 1st son.
. U cant be ph first and be deprived
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by greenhope(m): 12:44am On Aug 19, 2013
Arising
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Xxpress(m): 12:51am On Aug 19, 2013
am in. I will like to contribute my own quota
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Adolak(m): 1:07am On Aug 19, 2013
On a very very serious note. Nigeria needs a revolution. We cant just allow some bunch of cabal revolving themselves around the assets of nigeria to dictate to us. We have to stand up. I sobbed when british prime minister said that Nigeria should be better than it is now. If we can look down memory lane, we'll see that this set of people in government in the 1980s and 1990s are still the set of people in government. WHY? Is it done that way in other countries? Imagine BUHARI and BABANGIDA still aspiring for president. Why should it be so? This people have to be bundled out. We need fresh people, fresh mind. So i'm in support of this. This is our time! Lets stand up and take it. We cant be a coward anymore. @op or anybody. Get a BBM group, a facebook page, probably a twitter handle, and if, a website. Lets do it. We could make history for the next generation. IT BEGINS WITH YOU

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kb83(m): 1:25am On Aug 19, 2013
I m in lanret05@gmail.com,long live d association nd long live d youths of naija gud thinkin
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by papi365: 1:27am On Aug 19, 2013
ehixking:

I think right about now we need phone numbers location(geopolitical zones) and emails

We need contact
I think this forum too can be of help
Mine is Ehis /south west(ibadan)/ 07030717445
EHIS IS DAT U DAT WENT TO ABADINA COLLEGE?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by shortgun(m): 1:31am On Aug 19, 2013
Una well done ooo.

I for join Una association if to say I go school but I no go school and i get work.

But I for like give Una one advice

Instead una to form this kind association wey dey make person laff when person hear the name, me think say if Una fit gather all the sense wey all of una get for school put am for one place, come use that plenty sense start one business e for better.

U no say as Una dey so, Una get lawyer, Una get engineer, Una get doctor,Una get animal doctor, Una get engineer for machine, Una get engineer for water, Una get accountant, Una get engineer for house, Una get engineer for chemical, una get plenty other things we una study for school.

Ok if all this Una people wey study all this big big things for university come gather together use their sense come get one big land come begin plant corn,cassava,tomato,beans,vegetables, and some other things like fish,snail,grass cuter and plenty other things.
This one na one example ooooo.

As i talk before i no go school, maybe this my talk na illiterate talk, abeg make una no vex na illiteracy dey worry me.

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by 4words: 1:58am On Aug 19, 2013
shortgun: Una well done ooo.

I for join Una association if to say I go school but I no go school and i get work.

Instead una to form this kind association wey dey make person laff when person hear the name, me think say if Una fit gather all the sense wey all of una get for school put am for one place, come use that plenty sense start one business e for better.

U no say as Una dey so, Una get lawyer, Una get engineer, Una get doctor,Una get animal doctor, Una get engineer for machine, Una get engineer for water, Una get accountant, Una get engineer for house, Una get engineer for chemical, una get plenty other things we una study for school.

Ok if all this Una people wey study all this big big things for university come gather together use their sense come get one big land come begin plant corn,cassava,tomato,beans,vegetables, and some other things like fish,snail,grass cuter and plenty other things.

As i talk before i no go school, maybe this my talk na illiterate talk, abeg make una no vex na illiteracy dey worry me.
You'v spoken well, you took the words right out of my mouth. This is one of the best ideas any one can give to you. What makes up a structured company, its the well performing professional, we are already trained to be good at what we do, so why not bring this professionalism together to form a partnership company (share the burden and risk). Too many things to talk about but right now, I want to sleep, probably I will complete it tomorrow
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by hollandis(f): 2:13am On Aug 19, 2013
you guys shouldn't take this thing for granted.I recall when I came to Nigeria during my service year, they kept pulling some people out during the parade calling us otondo corper.The otondo corpers as it were decided to form a parade much to the amazement of the mopols who drafted us immediately to the very forefront of all platoons.In the end one of The "otondo corpers" lead the parade during POP.
What I suggest is for you guys to form a political party and call it a political party of graduates to overthrow PDP and the useless AC or whatver you guys call it
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Joemint(m): 2:26am On Aug 19, 2013
I am in full suport of diz glamorous idea n step 2wards ending youth restiveness.
I am suggesting dat d group/association shuld hv her own social media to accomodate members 4rm all parts of d country, and posibly wen it kicks off, it shuld hv a strng data base backup statistifying who is rili unemployed.
Itz a great idea lets strt 4rm smwer, lets create a social media 4d unemployed 1st n make it as secure as posible.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by hollandis(f): 2:31am On Aug 19, 2013
shortgun: Una well done ooo.

sharaap this is a gathering of graduates.Keep your stupiid Ideas to yourself. ...u think its funny?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by profify: 2:49am On Aug 19, 2013
am in. Ify. Lagos (South West). BB Pin: 23B123A9.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by usfreshen: 3:23am On Aug 19, 2013
I think is high time we graduate come togther and do something about this high rate of unemployment in this country. My heart beats when countries like cuba, norway, venezuala, iran, russia, north korea, etc, pays there graduate 80% of what they pay a worker pending when he or she gets a job. My dear brothers and sisters, this is the only country that is blessed with natural resources and still, the poverty level rise on the increase every day. This is the only country were for You to be gainfully employed to must be connected to the political class. What then happen to those who don't have the connection? Were are we heading to? The era of prayer is gradually coming to an end, now is time for action, am 100% with the group.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by olayemioshiyemi: 3:24am On Aug 19, 2013
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by saintfizzo(m): 3:28am On Aug 19, 2013
Shotgun and hollandis hav said it all,I'm currently unemployed but b4 I join d movement,wat is d objective? Jobless people creating jobs? Or jobless graduate protesting bad governance? Pls state d objectives,its a public forum,let me kno wat we r goin for,and I promise I will be very instrumental to d movement

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 3:37am On Aug 19, 2013
adeaugustus: I foresee a great revolution!
Thanks to all those that have shown full support for the association...thanks to the management and crew of Nairaland and all those that wants a better life for all the Nigerian youths and helpless women and children...
The world is ours and all in it..
Its time for a change
We must make things happen by using our brains
Let's carry on and pass the baton of progress to the next generations on another level
Most leaders are not concerned since they are not affected!!!! Its only a few families whose been in power since god knows when,taking turns in government offices,so they believe all is well when its absolutely not
The ball iis in our court
May God in his infinite mercy lead us to the path of victory...because in only him we trust
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by carlos23: 3:37am On Aug 19, 2013
kinnad: We have to start small,then time shall tell
.no wahala,lets go there.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Johnsonpac(m): 4:09am On Aug 19, 2013
Am in
johnsonpark85@gmail.com 081088116265
North west
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Aromas: 4:12am On Aug 19, 2013
hollandis:
sharaap this is a gathering of graduates.Keep your stupiid Ideas to yourself. ...u think its funny?

4rm ur point of view, let me personally tell you dat u'r VERY STUPID!!! What makes u beta dan him? According 2 his statement he made early "I NO GO SCHOOL" dose dat means he can add any positive means 2d society. Dis forum MIGHT created 4 another purpose but in other 2 get people 2 it dey MAY decide 2 change d name, Afterall what d hell of you study in school and have u being able 2 do something on your own. So you mean dat educated people are not important in d society again. I believe that if such a person like you was reg. in dat forum OMG na totally FK o

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by hamzent(m): 4:35am On Aug 19, 2013
This is a very gud move... Am in
Shehu frm Kaduna North West
Email: Shehuhamzaddeen1169@yahoo.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by jonath0012(m): 5:00am On Aug 19, 2013
Am totally in. Jonathan from Enugu. 08020751023
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ifyegede(m): 5:05am On Aug 19, 2013
ehixking: This turn out is not really encouraging....since these issue affects almost all nigeria we need people to endevour to join....please anything worth doing at all is worth doing well and NOW
True talk Ehixking. Anything worth doing at all is worth doing well as you said. While I commend your idea and initiative, I've read quite a number of similar clarion calls on this forum and nothing much appeared to have been achieved prolly because their initators did not get their home work right.
First things first, we need to come up with a blueprint for this new association: one that details its aims & objectives, membership and how we hope to achieve our goals. How do we intend to engage the govt and private sector? These and more are some burning issues to address?
Next is to create awareness about the association. Thanks to technology, its a whole lot easier to achieve that. Website/blog/forum with steady updates, facebook page, BBM group and a dedicated whatsapp number are some ways to achieve that.
We can then think of setting up state excos which would subsequently be broken down to smaller sub-divisions with time. Members would then be grouped into their states of residence and contacts exchanged. That way it will be easier to share info and get mobilised.
If all these and more were achieved, you'll see that more people (even the employed) would be willing to identify with the association. So while we wait for more people to indicate interest, let's get our acts right else we would be confined to the dustbin of history once again. Just my 2 cents sha.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by oliseh3: 5:17am On Aug 19, 2013
Tank God, youths are nw waking up frm deir 50yrs of slumber in dis country....
i am COLLINS, 08061270618 frm south/south, precisely frm delta state and i am totally in support of this revolutn or wat so ever it is called.....God bless naija

the questn is, wat took us so long?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by PassingShot(m): 5:32am On Aug 19, 2013
But why has the name not changed since it's obvious that a change in the name is desired by many here? Change the name to reflect a more encompassing course and I will be in with my body and soul. Though I live outside the country but can always contribute with other means other than physical presence.
Good luck to Nigerian youths!

@OP, BTW what age bracket defines a youth?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Burger01(m): 5:38am On Aug 19, 2013
Already a member of National Association of Employed Graduates... Wish you the best guys. May the creator of this earth and everything in it cap your efforts and make NAUG a success.... Amen.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Kazrem(m): 5:40am On Aug 19, 2013
This is a very good idea that i have long been waiting for. Though am employed but I have an idea which I have wanted to pass to the unemployed gradutes. I am totally i n........ 07030340696
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by femlab13(m): 5:40am On Aug 19, 2013
Nice idea, it worth doing.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by jethro2: 5:40am On Aug 19, 2013
Count me in. South West. Abeokuta / Oyo 08064688501

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply)

Police Officer, Uju Okeke Promoted Today. Shares Photos / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) / Parade By Boys Of Nigerian Military School Zaria Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.