Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. (12940 Views)

Policeman Returns Woman's Purse With N200million / Fayemi, Sumaila And Some Other Entourage Of Buhari Take A Street Pix In US / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Gbawe: 8:44am On Aug 09, 2013
Impressive action from Fayemi. Supporting the leaders of tomorrow.

Fayemi Sends Six Students of Ekiti Origin to Study Abroad From Own Purse
Dr. Kayode Fayemi scholarship beneficiaries in Ekiti State

Dr. Kayode Fayemi scholarship beneficiaries in Ekiti State
S
ix exceptionally brilliant students of Ekiti origin have been given scholarship by the Ekiti State Governor to study abroad.
Tagged “Fayemi Scholars”, the scheme is separate from the Ekiti Scholarship Scheme as it is funded from the governor’s purse.
The scholarship, besides tuition, also covers feeding and accommodation.

[b]The students include Omowunmi Odetola, a First Class Law Graduate of the University of Ibadan and First Class graduate of the Nigerian Law School, who has been admitted to undertake Masters in Law at Oxford University, United Kingdom.

Igbara-Odo born Moyosore Olabimtan, a First Class Law graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, is among the lucky scholars. She has been admitted into Harvard Law School.

Another is Adebimbe Alonge from Iyin-Ekiti, First Class graduate of History and International Relations, Obafemi Awolowo University. She has been admitted into the Masters programme in Security, Leadership and Society at King’s College, University of London.

Both Peter Omotoso and Michael Ogunlade, graduates Mechanical Engineering and Electrical/Electronics. from Ladoke Akintola University and Ekiti State University respectively, will be heading to Tiantin University, China for their Masters Degree.

Segun Aluko from Erinjiyan-Ekiti, a First Class graduate of Business Administration and Management from Babcock University, on his part, will be going to the United States for his Masters programme.[/b]

Speaking on the occasion which was held today at Lady Jibowu Hall, Government House, the sponsor of the scholarship scheme, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, said his administration has made education and human capital development a central objective of its agenda.
He said the six lucky scholars were chosen from a pool of applicants who daily approach him for help.
He said although the state has a scholarship board, he is aware that the board cannot take care of everyone, hence his decision to start his personal scholarship scheme funded from his purse.

Stressing that qualification is solely based on excellence and merit, Dr. Fayemi said prospective beneficiaries of the scholarship scheme do not have to know anyone to be chosen as he strongly believes that spirit of excellence will seek them out wherever they are.

He said the objective of the scheme is to help in restoring the honour of Ekiti and bringing back the fountain of knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by IB5(f): 8:48am On Aug 09, 2013
Good of him
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by luvmijeje(f): 8:52am On Aug 09, 2013
I'm not impress, he was only playing to gallery.

8 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 09, 2013
wash! Cousin thingz

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by ayodeji752: 9:17am On Aug 09, 2013
D rate at which ladies of nowadays are reading ehn,infact... Some are still running after boys. I pity dem. I envy those ladies frm my home state "fountain of knowledge"
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Gbawe: 9:25am On Aug 09, 2013
luvmijeje: I'm not impress, he was only playing to gallery.

I can understand your cynicism but Fayemi said he chose these students from amongst those who approach him daily. This would mean that there may be many brilliant students who have secured the opportunity to study in some of the finest centres of education in the world who will be unable to take advantage if financial help is not forthcoming.

If Fayemi does his little bit and if others help out also , like businessmen and industry bosses, then many more young people would reach their potentials than is currently the case.

7 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by yunglykmine(m): 9:26am On Aug 09, 2013
I understand him.. All na publicity stunt for next Ekiti election. I dey watch.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by slimfit1(m): 9:30am On Aug 09, 2013
And so what? heaven should come down. What about the rest of the 2 millions left?
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by homesteady(m): 9:36am On Aug 09, 2013
Look at the old men and women that got the scholarshipgringringrin LOL
Good one fayemi!
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by homesteady(m): 9:36am On Aug 09, 2013
Double post
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by luvmijeje(f): 9:53am On Aug 09, 2013
Gbawe:

I can understand your cynicism but Fayemi said he chose these students from amongst those who approach him daily. This would mean that there may be many brilliant students who have secured the opportunity to study in some of the finest centres of education in the world who will be unable to take advantage if financial help is not forthcoming.

If Fayemi does his little bit and if others help out also , like businessmen and industry bosses, then many more young people would reach their potentials than is currently the case.
Gbawe, it's an indictment on him as a governor. Why can't we have an havard like school in Nigeria? Six out of thousands of youths when he has the resources at its disposal. He can do better with our money not his own.

15 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by malc619(m): 9:59am On Aug 09, 2013
luvmijeje:
Gbawe, it's an indictment on him as a governor. Why can't we have an havard like school in Nigeria? Six out of thousands of youths when he has the resources at its disposal. He can do better with our money not his own.

Abeg carry your rotten bad belle go sit-down gutter. I wonder why empty-headed folks like you just open your traps when you've got nothing sensible to say.

Your post reeks of pure senselessness!!!

Mtsceeewwww!!!!

@Topic:
God bless the good governor. This personal effort of Fayemi might not really appear to be a big deal when compared with the needs of our exceptional graduates. The fact however is it is and will always be a big deal to the beneficiaries as well as their families.

If well-to do individuals can emulate Fayemi many more students will be given more opportunities to realize their full potentials.

Once more God bless the good governor.

cool

5 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by malc619(m): 10:04am On Aug 09, 2013
How these fine girls take read and get 1st class... Na wa oooo!!!

Its obvious they're virgins!!!

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by luvmijeje(f): 10:05am On Aug 09, 2013
malc619:

Abeg carry your rotten bad belle go sit-down gutter. I wonder why empty-headed folks like you just open your traps when you've got nothing sensible to say.

Your post reeks of pure senselessness!!!

Mtsceeewwww!!!!

@Topic:
God bless the good governor. This personal effort of Fayemi might not really appear to be a big deal when compared with the needs of our exceptional graduates. The fact however is it is and will always be a big deal to the beneficiaries as well as their families.

If well-to do individuals can emulate Fayemi many more students will be given more opportunities to realize their full potentials.

Once more God bless the good governor.

cool
I don't want to write that you are a fool but next time do not and I mean do not quote me if you are not quoting with sense.

14 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by toyfat: 10:07am On Aug 09, 2013
I need an hypothesis to validate this statement
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by PrinzeElly: 10:08am On Aug 09, 2013
Nice one.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by malc619(m): 10:09am On Aug 09, 2013
luvmijeje:
I don't want to write that you are a fool but next time do not and I mean do not quote me if you are not quoting with sense.

...... And next time you wish to post make sure you think very well and ensure your comment makes sense before you post else....

kiss kiss kiss

15 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Whiskeyboiler: 10:12am On Aug 09, 2013
If from own purse hardly any need for publicity.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by onyeguy: 10:13am On Aug 09, 2013
but why most every one need good education fly to abroad why? means we no get good education again for naija again

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by BigsGirls(f): 10:16am On Aug 09, 2013
Kudos to the action governor grin
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by malc619(m): 10:19am On Aug 09, 2013
53 years after independence our best University isn't among the best 1000 in the world, yet an OLODO want Fayemi to build a University like Havard in Ekiti in less than 3 years..

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Danhumprey: 10:19am On Aug 09, 2013
Good one from Gov.Fayemi. And I hope that politics is not involve in this!

On the hand,I think,instead of sending our youth abroad of further their studies,we should strive to build world class universities in Nigeria,that would be the envy of the advanced countries. We can do it! We have the resources. It's just a lack of political will.

Instead of sending them abroad,thereby,transferring our money in the form of capital flight to other countries,let's invest massively in our educational system. Afterall,Harvard,Oxford.Cambridge,et al,didn't just became world class universities like that! It was the consistent investment by their governments in them that make them a preferred citadels of learning today!

Bottomline: with determination and political will,we can have a world class university that can compete with the likes of Harvard,Oxford,et al.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Pedagogue: 10:20am On Aug 09, 2013
Congrats to the awardees...I've been there, so i know how it feels! *big hug*

That aside,can we please remind our 'leaders' that ASUU is still on strike!!!

Awarding scholarship to deserving students did not just start today.It was d 'in thing' in d 60s,70s and 80s! D primary reason for this was to send deserving students to the best universities in the world- in order to have them contribute to nation building!!!

But is this practice still of any practical significance in Nigeria of today? The answer is NO. In particular, Ekiti state probably has more Oxford,Cambridge and Harvard trained graduates than some African countries! can even bet that In each of these courses(law,business etc) Ekiti state has probably produced more than 60 graduates from Harvard,Oxford and Cambridge!!! So,in all honesty,I do not see any benefit that this will bring to the sate!!!
These days,politicians mainly use scholarship schemes to reward people that are close to them...Nevertheless,it is better than stashing our monies in Swiss accounts!!!

And again,what value has the educational exploits of Ekiti people brought to the state? Ekiti is touted as the poorest state in the south west and is still regarded as the most educated state in Nigeria,is this not an irony? Well, mo one should expecf any better from a state and country that has the best hands in all areas of life but will rather settle for lesser brains!!!!D truth is, education WITHOUT the right environment is Nothing.
We all know that these crop of students will most likely follow the footsteps of those before them - take up jobs from the best companies in the US or Nigeria and forget about their 'damned state'. All that talk about 'Coming back to the state' is undiluted rubbish!!!

****D main problem in Nigeria today is UNEMPLOYMENT! Or Mr.Fayemi does not know that there are thousands of jobless degree and masters holders in Ado Ekiti and its environs?

Well, Mr. Fayemi is a 'sharp' man...he said they will be sponsored from his purse!!! Hmmmmmm! Mr. Governor,your purse is fat o...if ur 'purse' can afford to send 6 people to Ivy League universities then I suspect u have billions in your account grin
Jokes apart, when are we going to stop this colonial mentality? We keep sending people to top universities whilst allowing ours to embark on meaningless strikes...From 1960-2013 nothing has changed

7 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 09, 2013
Am not impressed, instead of sending students abroad they should make our educational sector better undecided

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 09, 2013
Someone indirectly called you a fool as old as you are and all you could do is to blow kisses?wowwww grin
malc619:

...... And next time you wish to post make sure you think very well and ensure your comment makes sense before you post else....

kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Naijalastborn(m): 10:23am On Aug 09, 2013
Wakapass grin grin grin
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 09, 2013
The State Government is given billions of Naira every 4 weeks to manage the State, no one needs Governors mmoney, and from which purse did he get the money to sponsor 6 people abroad ? The same purse that the Federal Allocation ends up ? How can a Governor send people abroad, when state allocation of just 4 weeks is enough to transform any state university to harvard and other Ivy League schools.

It is a shame that we still have egg-heads as Governors who promote foreign studies and leave our schools to rotten. Little wonder they send all their kids abroad while we the 99% study in our universities.

Fayemi is not qualified to be a governor for this singular principle. Kudos to those 6 people who are 'lucky' to benefit from Federal Allocation from Fayemi's purse.

6 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by malc619(m): 10:26am On Aug 09, 2013
temiosunrinde: Someone indirectly called you a fool as old as you are and all you could do is to blow kisses?wowwww grin

When you spank a lady child with the left hand, you use the right hand to draw her close. I'm sure she burst into tears after my response to her senseless post so kissing her to cool her temper isn't a bad idea in my opinion...

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by malc619(m): 10:27am On Aug 09, 2013
Billyonaire: The State Government is given billions of Naira every 4 weeks to manage the State, no one needs Governors mmoney, and from which purse did he get the money to sponsor 6 people abroad ? The same purse that the Federal Allocation ends up ? How can a Governor send people abroad, when state allocation of just 4 weeks is enough to transform any state university to harvard and other Ivy League schools.

It is a shame that we still have egg-heads as Governors who promote foreign studies and leave our schools to rotten. Little wonder they send all their kids abroad while we the 99% study in our universities.

Fayemi is not qualified to be a governor for this singular principle. Kudos to those 6 people who are 'lucky' to benefit from Federal Allocation from Fayemi's purse.

Hehehe

Mumus like you never disappoint... Lol

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 09, 2013
No wonder why you keep failing waec and neco+jamb every year undecided
Pedagogue: .

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by aieromon(m): 10:31am On Aug 09, 2013
Its so ironic that these people will never come back to Ekiti or Nigeria to give back their services.

They gone for good!

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by asha80(m): 10:32am On Aug 09, 2013
aieromon: Its so ironic that these people will never come back to Ekiti or Nigeria to give back their services.

They gone for good!
why do you say so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IGP Mohamed Abubakar To Remarry / #bayelsadecides: Diri, Sylva, Jonathan Cast Their Votes / 'The Protest Will Go On': NLC insists After Emergency Meeting With FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.