Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,391 members, 7,781,122 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:22 AM

Say No To Ethnic Bigotist Ideology - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Say No To Ethnic Bigotist Ideology (663 Views)

HOW MANY ETHNIC GROUPS ARE IN NIGERIA? / Distinguishing Physical Characteristics Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups / Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Say No To Ethnic Bigotist Ideology by ogtavia(m): 11:20pm On Aug 09, 2013
I saw this post on my Facebook Wall and I decided to share it on Nairaland for everyone to see,its not just the Boko Haram that are disturbing in the North,there are way more deadlier extremists in d west here more or less like tribalists and bigots,dont get me wrong,I am Ibo by birth,but a Nigerian in my mind,I dont want to come across as a saint but one thing we need in our country is love,respect and admiration for each other's culture,tradition and idiosyncrasies let us condemn openly what is wrong,applaud openly what is right, accomodate each other's differences,I am Ibo but I have lived a better part of my life in the southwest,I have experienced two cultures and I can say that cultural fusion is what we need,let traditions remain,(if its good) it is what makes us who we are,but let cultures mingle,It is what makes us unique,let us learn from each other and respect each other,Life is too short to be lived in constant bickering over silly issues that border on the precipices of culture,stop discriminating,forget what happened in the past and lets welcome a new era where there is love and tolerance.....Read whats below and express your views freely...

what is below is written by one Bola Olalekan...

Worth Pondering Over ........
"If you told Oduduwa that his descendants are now mingling with other nationalities, he would say; I didn't risk descending from heaven to achieve that
If you told Oranmiyan that Oyo is now a mere state and has no autonomy over its affairs, he would say; When i founded Oyo Empire, i envisioned its greatness not its current state
If you told Sango to bless a certain Chukwudi, a compatriot from Nigeria, he would ask; who the h*ll is that? And what the f**k is Nigeria? (fuming with fire gushing outta his mouth)
If you told Moremi Ajasoro that Yoruba people arenow readily called "cowards" by neighbouring ethnic group, she would say; I solely rescued Ile-Ife from its oppressors, why are my descendants letting me down this much?
If you told Alaafin Aole that Yoruba people are now in partnership with Hausa-Fulani he would say; Olorun-maje!(hewould snap his fingers over his head three times) saying; I committed suicide when Afonja partnered Sheik Alimi, i couldn't live to see that.
If you told Alaafin Abiodun that Oba of Oyo is nowa mere undignified title he would say; I don't like expensive jokes please, don't ever repeat that!
If you told Timi Olofa Ina that Yorubas are now being killed at will in the north he would say; I thought i passed my gene on
If you told Kurunmi that Yoruba is unable to defend its territory from apparent threats from terrorists he would say; During my days as Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, my cavalries were always on standby safeguarding the Yoruba territories, I don’t know what you lot do these days
If you told Madam Tinubu that Eko (Lagos) is now being called "no man's land" she would say; The last time i took a glance at Lagos, I was so close totears. she would further say; where did you lot get your leniency from? during our days, we didn'ttake crappy bulsh*t from no one
If you told Herbert Macaulay that Yoruba’s political party is now in a merger with northern parties he would say; I founded the first political party in that country just to give Yoruba people a superior edge
If you told Awolowo that Yoruba graduates can barely solve the simplest Bodmas equation despite his educational investments, he would ask; Really? Is Obasanjo still alive?
If you told MKO Abiola that Bola Tinubu, Bisi Akande and the rest of Yoruba governors are nowclose allies of northerner elites ......... he would justbegin to weep"
....... Yoruba Ronu o
By: Bola Olalekan
‪#‎
Re: Say No To Ethnic Bigotist Ideology by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
They need to be TOLD because are as dead as the writer
Re: Say No To Ethnic Bigotist Ideology by ogtavia(m): 12:14am On Aug 10, 2013
Didnt get you..

(1) (Reply)

What You May Not Know About Nigerians By Tpia1 / This Is Why Ndi Igbo Are The Most Successful Tribe In Africa / Http://www.naijaready.com.ng/2017/10/ready-newsour-kings-are-problem-of.html?m=0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.