Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community (23068 Views)

MASSOB To Buhari: End Fulani Herdsmen Attacks On S-east In 30days Or… / Why Are Nigerians More Threatned By IPOB Protest Than Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? / Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by EasternLeopard: 11:44am On Aug 10, 2013
If this incident happens again in that community then I would call them cowards. Once beaten twice shy. I strongly believe that those Fulani herdmen wont go near that place again that I can assure you. Pls take note of that community(IRETE).
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by vislabraye(m): 11:51am On Aug 10, 2013
This is sad. Something must be done to these herdsmen or else they'll spread like virus. They kill Igbos in the North and now in dia own land they're killing igbos.
Where are all the ethnic militia ? Where are aLl the brave hearted warriors of the east ? Where are the men of valour ? We shud not tribalize this thing. I was surprised when it happened in Delta.
Who knows whether Rivers or Bayelsa state is next ?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by sbeezy8: 11:51am On Aug 10, 2013
You people are delusional - i wont make fun of the situation but an imo is still as igbo as an anambra or abia man- beating your chest this will never happen in anambra or abia. see below

[size=13pt]9 Killed As Herdsmen, Farmers Clash in Anambra
[/size]

Awka — NO fewer that nine persons were feared dead in a clash between Fulani herdsmen and farmers at Umuaka-eme village in Ifite-Ogwari in Ayamelum Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The clash took place when the villagers tried to ward off the herdsmen whose cattle were grazing on their farmlands, according to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

http://allafrica.com/stories/200804030093.html

[size=13pt]in Abia[/size]

[size=14pt]Crisis looms between Abia community and Hausa/Fulani herdsmen
[/size]

Tension continues to rise in Akanu, Ohafia community in Ohafia Local Government Council of Abia state as Hausa/Fulani herdsmen and the local indegines now disagree over a piece of land.

The community alleged that the cattle rearers, late last month “attacked and nearly killed the Chairman of Akanu-Ukwu Ohafia Vigilante group, Chief Thomas Onuegbe Uka”.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/crisis-looms-between-abia-community-and-hausafulani-herdsmen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by EasternLeopard: 11:57am On Aug 10, 2013
laplace19: . THEY CAN'T TRY THIS IN ANAMBRA/ABIA AND GO FREE!!!
. Do u know how many fulani had been killed in Imo State.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Kei144(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ayoobscom: Anytime I come across one-sided story like this I just wandered how does the Fulani just woke up and start attacking igbos? Impossible.

I will not be a part to opress the voiceless..

Do you kmow how many Fulanis d Igbos must have butcherd before the Fulanis seeked revenge?

Before you rant like a coward hypocrites,go to the fulanis and find out d other side of the story,how many lives they lost to ibos with nobody to bring you the news.

We are all human being for Godsake

Una want to dey do like the West abi? ..when a Us soldier kills an Afganistan is a clean up but when an Afghanistan soldier kills a Us soldier he becomes a terrorist abi..

Una dey craze ni..

There are fulanis in my community too and they are more rules abiding than any tribe in Nigeria

Igbos are harmless cowards. How can they possibly kill AK47-wielding fulanis?

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Lordmiracle(m): 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
Mavrick2012: u nt tired of dis ur prayer tin?time 4 actn pls
spilling of blood is not the best way to settel this issue between demonic fulani prayer can prevail and you my fellow nigerians who have gotten so jobless but to causing tribal conflict wen war breaks out are you ready to fight.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by NwaTeacher1: 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
The news was only on one side and didn't expose the other side for piece to reign the country. But my brothers, i will tell you that none of those fulani's and there cows is breathing 2day. Imo youths went ambush for them and send all them to the backyard. But were are still sad because a head of and Igbo man worth more than 20 heads of fulanis

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by SailorXY: 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
Hehehe very many senseless peeps on Nairaland. Scream coward at every little space their tiny screens afford them.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by otokx(m): 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
This is sad, the governor should bring the killers to book or allow the people defend themselves.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Italiano1: 12:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nwa Teacher: The news was only on one side and didn't expose the other side for piece to reign the country. But my brothers, i will tell you that none of those fulani's and there cows is breathing 2day. Imo youths went ambush for them and send all them to the backyard. But were are still sad because a head of and Igbo man worth more than 20 heads of fulanis

Please give us more information, you are a very clever person. As you were there, can you please give us a firsthand account? This is fresh news my people!!

So the Imo youths rounded them up and killed all of them? Please tell us more grin

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by shejane: 12:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
Wait, ar u telin me dat fulanis killed or injured some imo boys in der own community nd der ar stil waiting 4 police 2 interfer? Tel me abt it
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by neromasaratti(m): 12:36pm On Aug 10, 2013
Anyone saying ibos are cowards is critically insane and needs brain transplant cos yorubas are descendant of fools and drunkards and hausa and fulani are descendant of beggars and lepers

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by DrKlever(m): 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2013
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
in civilized climes, the reckless loss of a life is met with public outrage and action by security forces to preserve order and prosecute the perpetrators. In the savage, cursed land called Nigeria, it's just another avenue for mindless, cursed degenerates to chest-thump about who is more cowardly.

As if they would have the courage to stand if they actually met any of the armed nomads that plague many communities. I guess everybody is a brave man when typing behind a computer or phone screen. So if you lost your relations in any of the clashes, you'll be here bleating like a barbarian about who is braver? Retar.ded, disgusting cretins. Every incident is another excuse to type mindless tribalistic drivel. I hate this country.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by mascot87(m): 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
The most important thing in the story is that some brave fulani herdsmen killed some coward igbo boys in an igbo community grin
Let OUK, the retardeen goat speak and defend his people now grin

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Italiano1: 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2013
Obi1kenobi: in civilized climes, the reckless loss of a life is met with public outrage and action by security forces to preserve order and prosecute the perpetrators. In the savage, cursed land called Nigeria, it's just another avenue for mindless, cursed degenerates to chest-thump about who is more cowardly.

As if they would have the courage to stand if they actually met any of the armed nomads that plague many communities. I guess everybody is a brave man when typing behind a computer or phone screen. So if you lost your relations in any of the clashes, you'll be here bleating like a barbarian about who is braver? Retar.ded, disgusting cretins. Every incident is another excuse to type mindless tribalistic drivel. I hate this country.

I hope you would have written that epistle if it was Yorubas that were killed. You act all sanctimonious when you are on the receiving end but like to goad over others when the reverse is the case.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by yellowman2225(m): 12:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
Standing5: So can we safely assume Fulanis are untouchable from middle belt to SW to SS to SE? If this had happened in the middle belt or SW, by now we know what to expect from certain NL members.
you ar wrong. This has been happening in sw area saki of oyo state for years. So ur insinuations are incorrect
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by DrKlever(m): 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
.w!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by EasternLeopard: 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
aaaaa
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by shineeye: 12:59pm On Aug 10, 2013
aboki and ofe leave presidency for intelligent people.North cannot do much to move the country leave it for the wise men

http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php/new-news/13612-2015-pdp-south-east-endorses-jonathan-at-awka-rally
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by collynzo2(m): 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nwa Teacher: The news was only on one side and didn't expose the other side for piece to reign the country. But my brothers, i will tell you that none of those fulani's and there cows is breathing 2day. Imo youths went ambush for them and send all them to the backyard. But were are still sad because a head of and Igbo man worth more than 20 heads of fulanis
Don't mind the people ranting because the didn't get the part 2 of the story. The bolded is so true.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by cristog120: 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2013
why cant this people modernize cattle rearing by having ranches instead of trooping from one farm to another looking for trouble? plz do we really ve hausa/fulani on the internet or any social media at all? I hardly hear their opinion on any social media. in this modern age? backward ever?you fulani,plz whats ur opinion on this issue anywhere u re on this matter? the name shud be hausa/fulani, its the same blood and spirit that flow within them.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by richt75: 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
tribalism will surely take you to a journey of no return some day!!!!!!
MaximusDMeridux: If it was in the SE now, the ibos will be happy, rolling out the drums and drinking palm wine! You people are really in it now, the Yorubas don't want ibos anymore in their lands, the Hausas get mad if there is nothing to use as an excuse to attack ibos, so much so they will act as though they were tending to their cattle as an excuse! The minorities don't like the ibo attitude either, in fact I can see why they will be more touchy and suspicious! They know they don't have the numbers of the North and SW and can not let any significant number of ibos settle before telling you off quickly before you get comfortable! The worst thing is that the only people who played neutral and let you thrive in their lands have had it up to here and have also now rejected you!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2013
Italiano1:

I hope you would have written that epistle if it was Yorubas that were killed. You act all sanctimonious when you are on the receiving end but like to goad over others when the reverse is the case.
You're a fo.ol. I value human life and I would never treat the death of anyone from any tribe with the levity many accursed people do on this forum just to score cheap points in their keyboard tribal warfare. It's disgusting that any human being thinks like that. if you think it's cool to spit on the memory of dead civilians just to get back at other stupid posters for the nonsense they post, I can only feel sorry for you.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by IYANGBALI: 1:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
Lordmiracle: My people join me lets pray 4 our land.....for peace to rain this is a sad news
I'm tired of praying jo
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Italiano1: 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
You're a fo.ol. I value human life and I would never treat the death of anyone from any tribe with the levity many accursed people do on this forum just to score cheap points in their keyboard tribal warfare. It's disgusting that any human being thinks like that. if you think it's cool to spit on the memory of dead civilians just to get back at other stupid posters for the nonsense they post, I can only feel sorry for you.

Thank you for the abuse.

Yes you are such a saint yourself, you are the most detribalised person on Nairaland.

Evidence:

https://www.nairaland.com/1271698/evil-north

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2013
Italiano1:

Thank you for the abuse.

Yes you are such a saint yourself, you are the most detribalised person on Nairaland.

Evidence:

https://www.nairaland.com/1271698/evil-north

Can you show me anywhere there where I made mockery of the death of civilians? in what way does reposting an article I read about issues with a certain group contradict my condemnation of the idiocy I've read around this article where people use a terrible tragedy as ammunition for their stupid tribal warfare? You must try harder next time.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by phayvoursky(m): 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2013
na cattle rarers b wahala again?

for dis country everybody na james bond.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by confusion247(m): 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
malc619: The people of that community are cowards!!!

I wonder where all their young men are.

cool
Fulaniiiiiiiii poweraaaaaaa......cowards are what those villagers are. Where are those useless group called massob? You people should be ashamed that they kill you in northern Nigeria and also kill you in your backyard.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Ugokings4luv(m): 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nawa
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by abagoro(m): 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
I still profer same solution as I did 3 years ago when Fulani clashed with Tiv. The solution is creating a grazing zone and gradual training of the Fulani to adapt to a more modern way of grazing. These clashes will continue because Fulanis believe God owns the weed and created them for animals to breed. They believe people attack them to steal their animals and not because they ruined their farms.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by rosebowl01(m): 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
They are experts at creating excuses, and using diversionary tactics by harping on non-issues like blaming other ethnicities for their woes. These people are devoid of shame.

torkaka: When it started in the central states, they said it can never happen in the south
When it moved to the west, they said it can never happen in the east
Now it is happening in ebonyi/enugu/imo, they now say it can never happen in anambra/abia!

#ijustdeylaugh#

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NEMA Officials Arriving Kaduna Bomb Scene An Hour After Blast (Photo) / Ayo Adebanjo: Buhari Wants To Provoke Nigerians To Go To War / Commissioner’s House, INEC RAC Centre , Police Vehicle Burnt In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.