Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community (23078 Views)

MASSOB To Buhari: End Fulani Herdsmen Attacks On S-east In 30days Or… / Why Are Nigerians More Threatned By IPOB Protest Than Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? / Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
Onlytruth: I will again call for MASSOB to be forced into dissolution in Igboland.
We do not need them for anything. We are not leaving Nigeria. We are Nigerians and must defend our land as Nigerians using any possible means. If we cannot defend our lands in Nigeria, is it a cowardly MASSOB that would form the new military for an independent Biafra?
I still maintain that either MASSOB changes leadership or it must disband, because it is turning Igboland into a land of cowards. We are NOT (by a very looooooooog shot) cowards. But MASSOB is steadily creating a new culture of cowardice in Igboland.

Nuff said.

Your cowardice has always remained undiscovered because your homeland had never battled a foreign army and neither was it stressed from any military strife, internally or otherwise.

The civil war opened a window into your cowardice and your inability to back public rhetoric with political resolve has truly left the door wide open for even the Nigerian minority groups to view you as a walk over.

Whether you like it or not, Nupe and Ijaw have both displaced you politically and Tiv is nursing ambition to monopolize the Benue water basin. If they succeed you will be importing yam from Gboko.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Dibiachukwu: 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
So if I buy a cow, do I also get an machine gun with it. Because Cow rearing is a very profitable business angry Next time they should let them rear cows with armoured tanks angry

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
DerideGull:

This is an insult that could not be overlooked. The Fulani of yesteryears that made entry into what became Nigeria in 1800s can not and will not be considered as the second comers. Even when the combined forces of Caliphate which included everything north of Niger River from Lokoja had Yoruba of Oyo fame on the run, they were slapped into dementia at some place in present day Kogi State by relatively unknown Akagbe of Igbo powerhouse.

Lol. A newly minted fable for the igbo rumor circuit.

Before long every igbo will begin a new chest thump with this ammo donated from deride. grin

Igbo powerhouse!! Wow, let me take cover from the mighty warriors of Nri Empire. They spare no one. grin grin cool

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by abagoro(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
Onlytruth:

Ngwanu provide the grazing zone in your backyard now. Onwere onye ji gi na aka LOL undecided
How many indigenes of a place have Igbo settlers, residents, or even visitors ever killed in Nigeria?
It is people like you that work steadily to attract killers into Igboland in the name of tolerance.
Next thing you start to call sane people all kinds of names just to justify your insane theories.

kpota ndi oloko nye ha ala obi gi.
Arrant nonsense.

The Fulani vs farmers problem is not peculiar to Imo State, Igboland and Nigeria. We as Nigerians can all come together and create a migratory zone for them or as well tutor them on modern grazing. The only other option is an all out killing or ethnic cleansing of the nomads which you and I know is impossible.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/21/16060638-police-28-killed-as-farmers-nomads-clash-in-kenya?lite

http://ourworld.unu.edu/en/sands-shifting-for-africas-nomadic-herders/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201301280029.html/

http://www.msf.ie/news/congo-nomadic-herders-forced-flee
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Onlytruth(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Your cowardice has always remained undiscovered because your homeland had never battled a foreign army and neither was it stressed from any military strife, internally or otherwise.

The civil war opened a window into your cowardice and your inability to back public rhetoric with political resolve has truly left the door wide open for even the Nigerian minority groups to view you as a walk over.

Whether you like it or not, Nupe and Ijaw have both displaced you politically and Tiv is nursing ambition to monopolize the Benue water basin. If they succeed you will be importing yam from Gboko.

Only the Igbo have seen WAR in Nigeria. Others have NEVER seen war. FACT.
We fought local and FOREIGN fighters/countries for almost 3 years, and killed 250,000 of those forces.
On our military side, we lost 110,000, but millions of our civilians died from war crimes committed by those forces we fought.

NO OTHER GROUP IN NIGERIA HAS EVER SEEN WAR BEFORE AND AFTER BIAFRA. cool

You can rant all you want, but I can assure you that even now, the North is scared to death about declaring war. They are been killed, but they fear what Igbos went through. Why not they try and get REAL war experience? lol
As for being displaced politically, all I do is laugh at you because your Yoruba is not even in political equation these days. Take a close look now at Nigeria.

Your political future looks very bleak. lol cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Dibiachukwu: 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
DerideGull: I have preached the essence of self-defense to any Igbo who cared to listen. It is unfortunate Biafra lost the war which provided its opponent the opportunity to disarm Ndigbo and instigate the sense of owing ammunition to equal armed robbery. Since after the war, most communities in Igbo can not fend off attacks by two Fulani herdsmen armed with AK-47.

Even when one preaches the idea of possessing a weapon, some peers look at the person as crazy and readily jump onto teaching of bible. When a person can not fight for freedom, death is the surest consolation.
The God of the Igbos is a God of war and a God of peace. Which ever way they want it.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Dibiachukwu: 9:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
ndu_chucks:

The above post shows that University education does mean that you cease to be dumb, narrow minded, and stoopid. Fulani people have been grazing on that land way before you people arrived from Benin and Yoruba land.
Igboland is our land. Fulani are terrorists from futajalon (senegal). Ask the good yorubas of illorin. They are a living witness to the atrocities of your fathers.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Onlytruth(m): 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2013
abagoro:

The Fulani vs farmers problem is not peculiar to Imo State, Igboland and Nigeria. We as Nigerians can all come together and create a migratory zone for them or as well tutor them on modern grazing. The only other option is an all out killing or ethnic cleansing of the nomads which you and I know is impossible.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/21/16060638-police-28-killed-as-farmers-nomads-clash-in-kenya?lite

http://ourworld.unu.edu/en/sands-shifting-for-africas-nomadic-herders/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201301280029.html/

http://www.msf.ie/news/congo-nomadic-herders-forced-flee

All I know is that I do not want to see any killer in my backyard. Period.
I live in a country that makes sense, where every property is respected according to laws.
Land is a PROPERTY and must be respected. It is the onus of all to respect property rights.
It is not my duty to train the Fulani on how to respect property laws. My father paid hard earned money to send me to school to learn things that pertain to modernity. The Fulani should go to school and learn modern ways of ranching.
It is THEIR responsibility, not NIGERIA's.
Igbo people trade and farm, Nigeria does not aid or teach us how to do it. We do it ourselves.
For me the whole thing is simple: MY LAND IS MY LIFE, and whoever threatens either I will fight to death. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by whitecat007: 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
That is not going to happen, sorry. The enemy of our enemy is our friend, do the math.
Supergenius: make igbo and yoruba unite to destroy hausa..instead of quarreling among yourselves and d hausa's are just there laughing at us
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by blackbeau1(f): 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
Pls let's not label a lion as a sheep. Abi,herdsmen dey carry Ak47. Wetin dem wan use am do? I believe they intended to kill the people of that community regardless of whether they offended them or not
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2013
Onlytruth:

Only the Igbo have seen WAR in Nigeria. Others have NEVER seen war. FACT.
We fought local and FOREIGN fighters/countries for almost 3 years, and killed 250,000 of those forces.
On our military side, we lost 110,000, but millions of our civilians died from war crimes committed by those forces we fought.

NO OTHER GROUP IN NIGERIA HAS EVER SEEN WAR BEFORE AND AFTER BIAFRA. cool

You can rant all you want, but I can assure you that even now, the North is scared to death about declaring war. They are been killed, but they fear what Igbos went through. Why not they try and get REAL war experience? lol
As for being displaced politically, all I do is laugh at you because your Yoruba is not even in political equation these days. Take a close look now at Nigeria.

Your political future looks very bleak. lol cheesy

Hahahahahaha, no comment Emperor Eze
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Abagworo(m): 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
Onlytruth:

All I know is that I do not want to see any killer in my backyard. Period.
I live in a country that makes sense, where every property is respected according to laws.
Land is a PROPERTY and must be respected. It is the onus of all to respect property rights.
It is not my duty to train the Fulani on how to respect property laws. My father paid hard earned money to send me to school to learn things that pertain to modernity. The Fulani should go to school and learn modern ways of ranching.
It is THEIR responsibility, not NIGERIA's.
Igbo people trade and farm, Nigeria does not aid or teach us how to do it. We do it ourselves.
For me the whole thing is simple: MY LAND IS MY LIFE, and whoever threatens either I will fight to death. Simple.

I believe you live in USA and I assure you that the US once had this same problem. The links I posted earlier are from other African countries and not necessarily Fulani but other traditional nomadic groups. You seem to prefer the option of wiping off Fulani people from earth which stinks of wickedness and is impossible in this modern era.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by aljharem(m): 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
Yorubest:

I'm sure the Fulani herdsmen never intended to harm innocent Imo villagers too, they only invaded the villages because they wanted to capture the grass

This got to be the one of the best analogy I have seen all year grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by MightyFortress: 11:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
I did not want to comment, but I cant help giving vent to my annoyance right now! Nairaland mods are bloody ethnic bigots! I once commented on one thread and got banned by one of the fools! Well, here are animals disobeying the rules of the forum and d stupid mods do nothing about it! Cowardly animals spewing hateful and inciteful ethnic comments from the base comforts of their dirty lairs! Why are the Igbos so hated by every other Nigerian tribe? Is it their fault that they such exhibit resilience and excellence in the face of almost insurmountable odds? Igbos thrive every where, Maiduguri, Sokoto, Kebbi.. You name it! Yet rather than other Nigerians to learn a lesson from these industrious people, they see them as a threat! This same suituation of hatred and resentment was one of the causes of the 1966 pogroms! A tribe that has not produced a Nigerian president in over 40 years! Of course you'd feel threatened. An Igbo Man has something extra inside of him and thats what you fear! Cos these mediocre and cowardly peeps who rejoice that Fulanis are killing Igbos cant lay a finger on whatever it is that makes an Igbo man tick! Well, when the chips are down, dont expects them to make the same mistakes of '67.
Mods, ban me if u wish.. It wont take me 5 mins to be back!

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Italiano1: 11:21pm On Aug 10, 2013
Mighty Fortress: I did not want to comment, but I cant help giving vent to my annoyance right now! Nairaland mods are bloody ethnic bigots! I once commented on one thread and got banned by one of the fools! Well, here are animals disobeying the rules of the forum and d stupid mods do nothing about it! Cowardly animals spewing hateful and inciteful ethnic comments from the base comforts of their dirty lairs! Why are the Igbos so hated by every other Nigerian tribe? Is it their fault that they such exhibit resilience and excellence in the face of almost insurmountable odds? Igbos thrive every where, Maiduguri, Sokoto, Kebbi.. You name it! Yet rather than other Nigerians to learn a lesson from these industrious people, they see them as a threat! This same suituation of hatred and resentment was one of the causes of the 1966 pogroms! A tribe that has not produced a Nigerian president in over 40 years! Of course you'd feel threatened. An Igbo Man has something extra inside of him and thats what you fear! Cos these mediocre and cowardly peeps who rejoice that Fulanis are killing Igbos cant lay a finger on whatever it is that makes an Igbo man tick! Well, when the chips are down, dont expects them to make the same mistakes of '67.
Mods, ban me if u wish.. It wont take me 5 mins to be back!

Now what have you achieved with your sermon? Nothing!

You have publicly admitted that you are fraudulent because it will take you 5 minutes to be back after you have been banned.

I disagree with your summation about Ibo enterprise and most people have not rejoiced at the killing of Ibos- far from it. The question is why you have not put words to action.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Emperor007: 11:26pm On Aug 10, 2013

I blame the villagers , and more blame goes to Okorocha Rochas for not living up to expectation by being politically confused.

This's something that must be checked, to avoid reoccurrence. A good lesson would always make them not to try again next time.

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by MightyFortress: 11:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
Italiano1:

You have publicly admitted that you are fraudulent because it will take you 5 minutes to be back after you have been banned.

I disagree with your summation about Ibo enterprise and most people have not rejoiced at the killing of Ibos- far from it. The question is why you have not put words to action.

Fraudulent?? Set a thief to catch a thief is my reply to that statement.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 10, 2013
It
is only d Igbos dat hav been brave enough to declare war on Nigeria;
others whine and whine bt are to scared too challenge Nigeria. Someone
asked why we hav nt acted and I say again dat Igbos will nt attack
innocent ppl with AK47s

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 11, 2013
whitecat007: That is not going to happen, sorry. The enemy of our enemy is our friend, do the math.

Dis is d problem. Give us support nd we will drive d fulani invaders into Chad. We will drive dem out of Ilorin nd install an Oba. Why shld there b an Emir in Ilorin, a land dat was taken by force from d Yorubas.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 11, 2013
[quote
author=Italiano1]

You have publicly admitted that you are fraudulent because it will take
you 5 minutes to be back after you have been banned.

I disagree with your summation about Ibo enterprise and most people have
not rejoiced at the killing of Ibos- far from it. The question is why
you have not put words to action.

[/quote]

It is cowardly to take up AK47s against innocent nd unarmed ppl. If d
fulanis are brave enough let dem declare a war like d Igbos did nd den
we will show dem strong hand.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Abagworo(m): 12:43am On Aug 11, 2013
Emperor_007: .

I blame the villagers , and more blame goes to Okorocha Rochas for not living up to expectation by being politically confused.

This's something that must be checked, to avoid reoccurrence. A good lesson would always make them not to try again next time.

Rochas has received a lot of insults from non-entities like you on this Nairaland. Where were you when Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi and Enugu were attacked? Did you blame their Governors? Fulanis have even clashed with Hausa because of this same problem. Let us all as Nigerians profer a solution than seek for cheap blackmail. Now bury your head in shame.

http://sunnewsonline.net/news/20-feared-killed-as-fulani-herdsmen-soja-patali-clash-in-benue

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/reports/15703-fulani-jukun-clashes-kill-40-in-taraba-state

http://elombah.com/index.php/latest-news/14408-11-killed-in-fulani-farmers-clash-in-adamawa-ap

www.channelstv.com/home/2012/12/23/fulani-herdsmen-attack-community-in-ogun-slay-farmer/ (Ogun)

http://allafrica.com/stories/200804030093.html (Anambra)

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/54266-fulani-herdsmen-attack-enugu-community.html (Enugu)

http://www.ghanamma.com/fulani-herdsman-stabs-youth-over-stolen-money/ (Ebonyi)

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/crisis-looms-between-abia-community-and-hausafulani-herdsmen (Abia)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/one-dies-others-injured-as-fulani-herdsmen-hausa-clash/ (Hausa)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by MrOON: 2:48am On Aug 11, 2013
Yorubest: This is serious

Following BRF's deportation to the East, Fulanis are now exporting them to their graves?

This is very very sad

Both actions have not been met with the acclaimed Igbo braveness

Where are the brave hearts of Igbo land. Where?

Arise and fight

I have Igbo third cousins please
Tribalism runs through ur blood. Hope nemesis don't catch up wt u.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Ayatullah(m): 2:51am On Aug 11, 2013
slap1: If I know Irete people, there must be a reppraisal attack. I wish this happened in Aba, both the Fulani and their cow-siblings would be history!
And, who rears cows with an AK47?

Definitely it's not possible to rare cows with AK47 Rifles. I believe it's an exaggeration. What has happened is definitely bad, but calling for a revenge attack is a worse case scenario which could start another 'katakata' from that axis of the Nation, let the law take its course please.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by philogos4: 5:46am On Aug 11, 2013
THIS PEOPLE OWN DON TOO MUCH, TODAY IMO STATE, 2MMORROW DELTA STATE, MAKE THEM TAKE TIME OOH.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Onlytruth(m): 6:04am On Aug 11, 2013
Abagworo:

I believe you live in USA and I assure you that the US once had this same problem. The links I posted earlier are from other African countries and not necessarily Fulani but other traditional nomadic groups. You seem to prefer the option of wiping off Fulani people from earth which stinks of wickedness and is impossible in this modern era.

And you seem to prefer that Fulani marauders kill, ra.pe, and possibly wipe out Igbo people in Igboland, which makes you really mentally deranged if not outright imbecilic.

Yes I'm a very proud American who love America with a passion that Nigeria can only dream of, and it is because here there are HUMANS with commonsense. Nobody would sheer a herd of cows into another's crop farm here. As a matter of fact all farmers here are HEAVILY ARMED. I pray that farmers in my African homeland will copy farmers here. cool

Like I told you already, please give your father's compound to Fulani marauders and live happily ever after.

Anu mpama. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by onyeamuma72: 8:38am On Aug 11, 2013
nigeria is heavily pregnant I can see serious complications in this pregrancy I can see surgical doctors coming from all over to separate the mother and her tripllete see blood,smoke,crying, 2014 and 2015 the year of wonders in nigeria
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Hajiharuna: 8:46am On Aug 11, 2013
presher: FULANI ARE LYK MALARIA DEY AFFECT ALL MOST EVERY BODY IN NIGERIA THEY HAVE HAVE TAKEN OVER KWARA JOS AND SOME PARTS OF BENUE AND THEY ATTACK DELTA OSUN DOES THIS MEAN DAT NIGERIANS ARE COWARD?
In terms of Fulani I will say we are all cowards.They started from north [Hausa land] before moving to south.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by smartg(m): 8:57am On Aug 11, 2013
Who are the igbos? Who are the south-easterns? What is the difference btw both?.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 11, 2013
MaximusDMeridux:

Remove Yorubas and other sane people from your list. The Northerners have show they will never forgive ibos for 1966! And I hope when you begin your foolish modern agenda you know that they will not be limiting themselves to swords and knife like 1966, now they are more than willing to have only 1 of them drag down 100 of you people! The Yorubas have by far been the stabilizing factor in Nigeria for if not their measured diplomacy and moderation of Nigeria's society and the example of peaceful cohabitation, the Hausa/Fulani seems prepared to never stop their attacks on the ibos.

Such a m0ron you are! You are so filled with your self deceiving arrogance that you feel super safe. When the shit hits the fan, you'll start trying to lay claim to being a south easterner. Enjoy sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich or in this case sticking your head in your stinking ar5e... Till then
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
collynzo2: Typical coward mentality from Yorubas looking for who to fight for them. Boko haram attack christians (Igbo, Yoruba and even Hausa) the cowards say they are attacking Igbos. Fulani cattle herdsmen attack mostly Middle belt and Yoruba settlements, with just a few Igbo settlements, the cowards also claim they are attacking Igbos. Keep fooling yourself, we've been hearing news of Boko Haram entering a few Western states, If God forbid, they start destroying those states now, you'll also claim they are attacking Igbos. Keep deceiving yourself.

Complete GENIUS! Let him keep mumuing himself
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by rosebowl01(m): 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
I am certain that the best defence you have is to give warnings and unending ultimatums, bragging, claiming victim at every opportunity, and shout igbo-kwenu! If you go beyond that, you all know that you'll get another round of a*s kicking followed by kwashiokor. Shameless cowards. Awon eranko jatijati.

Onlytruth:

The stoopid thing is that a so called educated man is tacitly supporting pre-19th century animal pasturing system for 21st century.
Any day I see any Fulani cattle on my land, they will meet 21st century resistance to their 19th century way of life.
Land can be bought by anybody in Nigeria, and there is law against trespassing. I encourage them to buy theirs just like I bought mine.

I somehow have an assured feeling that this Fulani madness will meet a final solution in Igboland one of these days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Shuts Down Bakassi Market After Attack On Fire Service Vehicles (Video) / NAF Successfully Reactivates 12 Operational Support Equipment (photos) / Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.