Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths (25192 Views)

Pls Help, Which Country Is Better For A Nigerian To Stay And Do Business? / Studying Abroad? Comparatively Assess Your Country Of Study / Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by baslone: 10:28am On Aug 10, 2013
A member of Volunteer Service Overseas, Mr. Michael Young, a citizen of United Kingdom has charged Nigerian youths to stay in their country to contribute to its development instead of risking their lives searching for unreal greener pasture.

Young, who stated this along his counterpart, Miss Samuel Joy Ben during a press conference in Ilorin to mark the beginning of International Youth Day celebration in collaboration with National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN), Kwara State chapter, said immigrants could make it in their countries without embarking on dangerous journey.

Narrating his experience with Nigerian immigrants in UK, Young disclosed that his contact with a Nigerian man with his family in his country was not palatable.

“I met him in the toilet, he told me he has a wife and children in Nigeria whom he had to cater for. He told me he has to work for 15 hours washing toilets in different places.

“The question is, why can’t they stay in Nigeria? You can’t make it in this country because life in UK is too expensive. Youths can be in Nigeria and contribute to the development of the country”.

The volunteer, who appealed to government to ensure good policies on education, said it is through compulsory education for children between 6 to 18 years that helped UK to reduce poverty and youth unrest.

Young caution Nigerian youths and immigrants to be sure of where they are going if at all they want to travel abroad, stressing that the risk facing foreigners are too challenging.

His counterpart, Miss Ben advised Nigerian youths to change their attitude towards acquisition of money, stressing that there are many ways they could contribute meaningful to the society.

In his reaction, the Chairman of NYCN, Comrade Kazeem Adekanye noted that the main agenda of many youths in Nigeria travelling abroad is to seek greener pasture which lures them into series of problems.

He appealed to Nigerian youths to stay in the country and utilise their skills, talents for the development of the nation, stressing that over 70 million Nigerian youths out of over 150 million Nigerians are enough to build the nation

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/22768/56/stop-risking-your-lives-for-unreal-greener-pasture.html

http://riverajooa..com/2013/08/stop-risking-your-lives-for-unreal.html?spref=fb

8 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 10, 2013
That's the bitter truth but I hope our youths hearken to this timely advice.soundsultan lyrics*I prefer to live like a lion in the jungle than to live like a dog in the city*moreso nigeria is not a jungle.who told you can't make it in Nigeria.who!!,abeg front page,jare.it will change the mindset of many young nigerians..nice work OP.this are the types of reports we need.reports that ministers hope into people's heart..

33 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by Lanrefahm(m): 10:57am On Aug 10, 2013
We are going to flood ur country with our youths den colonized u as u colonized us (not in a million years with that work just kidding). Buh u people are d 1 causing it since u dont want are country to grow we will go to urs dat ve already grow, is just like d saying if d tree did not go and meet adam adam will meet d tree

6 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by dasparrow: 4:33pm On Aug 10, 2013
Lanrefahm: We are going to flood ur country with our youths den colonized u as u colonized us (not in a million years with that work just kidding). Buh u people are d 1 causing it since u dont want are country to grow we will go to urs dat ve already grow, is just like d saying if d tree did not go and meet adam adam will meet d tree

LOL grin
Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by priscaoge(f): 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
Truth is bitter but it must have to βε told!!!

2 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2013

35 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
I HEAR YOU!
Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2013
He has said it, Stop chasing unreal greener pastures in uk. So many Nigerians are wasting in UK when they could have made it in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by HAH: 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
Very good advice

1 Like

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by SisiKill1: 2:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
I think he should have placed more emphasis on the government creating a viable environment so the youth can have an incentive to stay.

Provide the basics amenities and watch them thrive.

17 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by slap1(m): 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
Lanrefahm: We are going to flood ur country with our youths den colonized u as u colonized us (not in a million years with that work just kidding). Buh u people are d 1 causing it since u dont want are country to grow we will go to urs dat ve already grow, is just like d saying if d tree did not go and meet adam adam will meet d tree
Habatically speaking. Your grammar has disrupted my YouTube video streaming.

14 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by nerodenero: 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
The government should make the country conducive for the massive.Tackle corruption and unemployment and the youth will stay home.

9 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by jhydebaba(m): 2:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
There is no place like ur own. I rep Nigeria. I'll make it in Nigeria no matter what the economic situation might be.

*9ja4lyf

16 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by TeenageMoney(m): 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2013
Onc cannot Simply Ignore this Advice

3 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by EasternLeopard: 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2013
Na condition make crayfish bend. If the youths could make it within Nigeria, most of them wont travel to other countries. Britian should reject illegal wealth coming from Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by anthoniosp(m): 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
ooseven: Create a situation whereby a country is founded on a shaky foundation and then turn the victims away from your country (built with pilfered resources), telling them to repair a nation which you systematically destroyed, and whose corrupt officials you continue to support.

Nice!
oh lord!! may God give u a new buggati wiyh enof fuel to carry it alonh!! guy na only i tlk true hia!! ehen white chicken tnks for d years of slavery and nw u tell us u woked by cleaning toilets u got paid rite? back hia u do dos kind of works and u get a letter of appreciation by d end of d day!! so waych it deek
Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by Kslib(m): 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
Na today youths don dey hear this advice..
The youths head don block,dem no go gree hear!!!
I no go shock if many people wey dey shout YES for this thread go still begin hussle for visa!!

1 Like

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by BE811APP: 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
I truly Wonder wat takes dem der...
Am very much comfortable here in 9ja...

We shha dey show our selfs where ever we go...

Even Malasyia and Cyprus Wonders d same... Why do 9jarians FLEE from their country
Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by anthoniosp(m): 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
checkerwork: That's the bitter truth but I hope our youths hearken to this timely advice.soundsultan lyrics*I prefer to live like a lion in the jungle than to live like a dog in the city*moreso nigeria is not a jungle.who told you can't make it in Nigeria.who!!,abeg front page,jare.it will change the mindset of many young nigerians..nice work OP.this are the types of reports we need.reports that ministers hope into people's heart..
hey mister brain washed?? hope u got ur kids ready for child marriage? and ur houses ready to b bombed beacause of no good reason! are u ready to decieve ur self den com out to start looking 25 years for job dat u wld end up as a gateman!! grin oga face it during d time of 1990 only a crazy person wld leave nigeria for greener pasturesvcos dos days jobs were hunting workers bt now jobs does not exist in d nigerian dictionary stop being a kid and face it!! our students leave even universities hia becos dey cnt get admission due to tribalism corruption nepotism and so on!! and go to university of ghana to get admission!! our girls are searching for online hisbands relentlesly and u are hia shouting praises at him for crocodile advice!! dnt provoke me ooh

13 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2013
Living in Britain is not as easy as people abroad might think.
Britain is cracking down on economic migrants,and is making life HARD for them. Those born and raised here are not even as welcome and assimilated as new arrivals think! This is not our fatherland and they government make it known to us! GOOD LUCK!

8 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by Diasporan(m): 3:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
[b]Both of them should shut up.They the illegal migrants made the decision to leave Nigeria to do menial jobs and some know what awaited them even before they arrived but they ain't complaining.If washing of toilet and doing other menial jobs can pay the bills of their family members back home then why should the Britons complain.They the Britons should wake from their slumber and rise to the task by first of all protecting their border.Why collect money from people for visa fee knowing fully well that many of them have no ties back home and you later come to complain about illegals.Their embassies keep on enjoying the Visa fee of thousands of Nigerians in which they even deny some that have genuine intentions of visiting and allow leeches into their land unperturbed.When they came in droves to colonize us and drag our fore-fathers into slavery by brainwashing the Elders of communities and deceived them with mirror,sugar,nasty Elizabethan clothes and religion they never gave themselves that advice.Our fore-fathers that were shipped to their land are the ones who built the structures the lazy Britons are enjoying today therefore we have right to enjoy it as we please.They should go learn from France that gives easy access and soft landing to Francophone countries they once Lorded over.They started the force migration to our land therefore they should not complain cause ours isn't by force but by voluntary packing our bags to their land and when we are tired of enjoying what our Fore-fathers built then we will also decide if to go home or not and not this two crackheads on cheap suit coming to councel Nigerians from the interland of Illorin.They are reaping what they sowed.The Britons can't wipe the word Illegal migration because of their laziness.They should suck the Pressure just as America is doing today by trying to create a pathway to citizenship to undocumented migrants cause they all called for it."He who brings an ant infected maggot into his house shouldn't complain when he starts having a regular visit of lizards."---Chinua Achebe

Lastly they should return all our stolen Artifacts before coming to give us useless advice[/b]

34 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by orgasticdance: 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
Thank goodness the flood of immigrants who buiilt america didn't listen to myopic idiots like Micheal Young

2 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2013

who are you refering to when you say..quote " YOU PEOPLE" ?? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by anonimi: 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2013

The volunteer, who appealed to government to ensure good policies on education, said it is through compulsory education for children between 6 to 18 years that helped UK to reduce poverty and youth unrest.

I hope our later day "progressives" are taking note.
It is NOT the bridges, roads and other PHYSICAL infrastructure that builds a durable society that is viable for its citizens.

Why was there no such massive and desperate desire to stay back in Britain and elsewhere as socio-economic exiles in the 60s and 70s

2 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
Truth hurts! But you're just wasting your time.
Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by Seriousbusiness: 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
This is archaic advise.In Nigeria is all about who you know.No hope for the youth.From my personal experience.any youth that have the opportunity to go abroad(developed world )should pack his bag and gi immidiately.Dont even hesitate to wait except if you have a strong back up or well connected .
Go secure your future and come back.This country has no future for the youth.Whats happening now is recycling in all sector.obasanjo left in 1979 and came back 1999.Buhari ruled in 1985 and wants to rule again .Anenih has been there all dis yrs.Jerry Ghana and most of them.
Abeg no listen to this otumpopo people.

2 Likes

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
Frankly i believe this that we can change things, but however the environment is seriously not encouraging,I work outside Nigeria but still work for Nigerians online, had to face so many issues like erratic bills, and countless of others, really if the basic infrastructures are fixed and corruption eradicated, Nigeria will be a superb country.

1 Like

Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by striker9(m): 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2013
nerodenero: The government should make the country conducive for the massive.Tackle corruption and unemployment and the youth will stay home.
Exactly bro,you nailed it.
Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2013
Nothing but the truth
Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by oluwamikkie: 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2013
orgasticdance: Thank goodness the flood of immigrants who buiilt america didn't listen to myopic idiots like Micheal Young
shey b na toilet that one they wash, ur own na deadbody u go dey wash if insist to over
oluwa mikkie: shey b na toilet that one they wash, ur own na deadbody u go dey wash if insist to over
Re: Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths by awemef: 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
I don't blame the guy that went over there for whatever, Nigeria has failed its youth in almost every aspect. The UK guy is talking abt compulsory education when the north (boko devils) are fighting against that, how can we grow with all the defects in this country, I don't know for you guys I don't see this country improving in 1 million years, if you find a way out of this country then take it I prefer to have peace of mind than sleep with fear of unrest in Nigeria

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons / Which Is D Best African Country To Get Employment / Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.